IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

My aunt's middle name is Jo, after her mother JoAnn. However, her first name is 5 letters, so it seems to flow better. Evangeline Jo is kind of jarring. Though I do think Evangeline Josephine would be worse (it does, however, sound like a character in a kid's book).

Unless Jinger has some issues with pregnancy we don't know about, I sincerely doubt this will be there last one (my bet is still 4) so it's curious they would name one after Jeremy now.

I admit I love the name Felicity, but Evangeline... meh. It does fit with the old-school "classic" theme they seem to be going for, though. IMO they're going for pretty, classic names that aren't having a resurgence.

ETA: In my head Jinger is still apparently Ginger, so I just now realized they share the first letter of their names... glad they're not going for a(nother) J theme!

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

To avoid extra clicks. 

Jinger Vuolo, formerly Jinger Duggar, and her husband, Jeremy, are the proud parents of a healthy baby girl.

The two told TODAY Parents Wednesday morning their second child, Evangeline Jo, had arrived “quickly and safely” on Sunday night.

“We’ve got good news!” they said in an exclusive statement to TODAY Parents. “Jinger is recovering very well, enjoying finally being able to hold her little angel.”

They said Evangeline means “good news” and Jo is in honor of Jeremy’s middle name, Joseph. She was born a healthy 7 pounds late Sunday night.

The Vuolos are also parents to Felicity, 2.

Jinger Vuolo and husband Jeremy with their new baby girl (TLC / Counting On)

“As for Felicity, she is in love with her little sister but has no idea how much sharing is in her future,” the parents said in the statement. “We are so grateful to God for this beautiful gift!”

Jinger Vuolo has said previously she was excited to have two girls.

"The bond that sisters share is unique, and one I cherish every day. After all these years, they’re still my best friends! I’m glad God’s giving that gift for Felicity to enjoy. As for me and Jeremy, we’ll definitely have our hands full! But there’s nothing else we’d rather carry," she wrote in her pregnancy announcement in May.

Vuolo experienced a miscarriage last fall, the couple told People earlier this year.

Jinger Vuolo and Evangeline Jo (TLC / Counting On)

"The morning after we announced to family that we were expecting, Jinger woke up and, woke me up very early in the morning, saying that she thought she lost the baby,” Jeremy, 32, told the magazine. "We found out later that day that she had. That was very difficult and definitely a trial for us.”

Jinger is the sixth child of Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar, stars of TLC's "19 Kids and Counting." She's also one of the stars of the TLC reality series, "Counting On." She married Jeremy, a former soccer pro, in November 2016.

Jinger looks exhausted.  

d9d630df79fb2fb7c3667181e17c7c98.jpg

She looks so tired! Even after touch ups by the shoot team. I hope she's able to get a good amount of rest and that Jeremy supports her and looks after the kids while she does...

ETA: not criticizing her looks, she still looks very nice. 

Edited by OrchidBlossom
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1

Ugggh I knew eventually we'd share with a Duggar but Nov 22nd is my eldest son's, father, grandfather, uncle and dog's birthday ?. Why does it have to be that one. 

• Haha 15

Literally almost named my daughter Evangeline 3 months ago!! My husband vetoed. Another millennial “grandma” name making its return. I’m not surprised. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, coffeebean7 said:

I like Evangeline as a sibling name to Felicity but the middle name Jo is way off to me. I don’t like nicknames as names and it seems like an odd choice. I wonder what their reasoning was for picking Jo. 

I believe they said it's because Jeremy's middle name is Joseph. Maybe they figured it was only fair since Felicity shares Jinger's middle name. And Evangeline Josephine/Josephina is a bit much even for them lol.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Evangeline Jo has too much 'juh' sound to me, it's not a pretty sound to have repeated. "Felicity-and-Evangeline-Jo!" is a mouthful to have to say every time you want to call your kids for dinner, or get them to come back across the playground.... If they name every kid with four syllables it's going to get even worse. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Name is fine. It is a bit of a mouthful to say Jo Vuolo. But there aren't a ton of times you have to say your full name. 

M is for Mama has an Evangeline and she goes by Evy. Using Evy as a nickname for Evelyn seems a bit less common than using it as a nickname for Evangeline. But yeah, Ivy, Evelyn, and Evangeline are all in the same family of names which are somewhat popular right now. They're going to have a ton of cousins, it's not a big deal IMO that they're all so similar. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s a gritter? 
edit to add will it be pronounced ending lyn or line? Personally I go back and forth because of the spelling. 
Maybe the nick name could be Evie as in eve because Evelyn is evy as in Chevy? 

Gritter is a truck that spreads grit or salt on the roads in the winter here. As a joke they started giving them funny names. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 7

I think it would flow better with an a A the end. Evangelina Jo. Not my kid, so I don't care. Very close to evangelical though, so I guess it fits.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

Guess I'm one of the few who thinks a very short middle name after a very long first name sounds good - I like the flow of this one.  That said, Evangeline is not to my taste at all... too long, too religious, too girly.  I wasn't a huge fan of Felicity either but of the two it sounds much nicer.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

Ok. I love the name Evangeline- b/c one of my favorite little sassy preschool friends at work is named this.. and she is so far from what you might imagine. She is a fireplug of a kid, missing a front tooth from a play accident, wild curls and a rough and tumble attitude.. and that picture Jeremy posted is great!  Already gives good photo attitude!  lol
I think of knick-names like Eva-Jo, Lina, and JoJo.  
But most of all I love the shredded knee jeans for the intro photo! Keep it real Jinger!    

• Upvote 4

Jumping in after being no where near caught up. 

I just think Evangeline is strange because whenever I hear the name I think of Evangeline Booth (4th General of the Salvation Army, first female to hold the position and daughter of William Booth founder of the Salvation Army) 

Surely great Theologian Jeremy would have some basic knowledge of the history of other denominations. In any case a Duggar grandaughter named after a well known female Theologian and church leader does make me smugly happy. 

• Upvote 6

Well congrats to them. To me the name is fine. Nothing special but could always be worse. Just hoping Evangeline gets to live a more freer childhood/life compared to her mother. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Evangeline Josephine would be too rhymey for my taste. But then again, I don't love Evangeline Jo. Still, they may never use one or both of those if they go with nicknames. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

Well congrats to them. To me the name is fine. Nothing special but could always be worse. Just hoping Evangeline gets to live a more freer childhood/life compared to her mother. 

Nothing will ever top Spurgeon!! ???? worst name of all time. Although the kid is very cute.. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

I like Evangeline - am I the only one who thinks Gina would be the nickname? 

I’m not crazy about Jo, just because it sounds weird with Vuolo. Josephina would be nice though. But, not my circus, not my monkeys . I think Jinger looks great for someone with a newborn. I always looked like I’d been hit by a truck. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

I like Evangeline - am I the only one who thinks Gina would be the nickname? 

It's not flowery enough for J/J. I think the user who predicted Lissy and Linny is more likely to be correct. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, viii said:

It's not flowery enough for J/J. I think the user who predicted Lissy and Linny is more likely to be correct. 

Interesting the different perceptions! I “hear” Gina as definitely fancier / more J/J style than Linny. 

Someone posted an Insta picture of Jinger, Jeremy and Michelle at the pediatricians for Evangelines first checkup - Jinger and Jeremy have masks - Michelle is using a bandana - what I’m wondering is how Michelle got in?? 
It has generally been only the child and ONE parent / caregiver allowed at Dr appointments here. I can see both parents for a newborn - but 3 adults allowed in the waiting room? My daughter just was told she had to wait in the car for her 8 year olds 1st orthodontist appointment. NO adult allowed in the office. We are in the purple tier , like LA ......

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Lots of nicknames with Evangeline.

Jo is probably in honor of Jeremy Joseph Vuolo, but it also honors Joseph, Josiah, Johannah and Josie. It could also honor Josh, John David, Joy, and Johannah since they all have names that start with Jo-.   (Jo- names were Jim Bob's and Michelle's favorites.)

Gina Vuolo sounds very Italian to me. 

Jo Vuolo also sound very Italian to me now that I say it out loud. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Ripped jeans in the announcement photo! 

Yes, and the fact that her butt is comfortable enough to even wear them soon after birth. She looks great.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5

7 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

...what I’m wondering is how Michelle got in?? 

It has generally been only the child and ONE parent / caregiver allowed at Dr appointments here.

I’m wondering the same thing. My guess? They insisted and the facility didn’t call security on them. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

I was guessing they’d use some form of Joseph as a middle name because Felicity shares Jinger’s middle name. I’m also guessing that they opted for shortening it to “Jo” so that if they ever have a son later on they can use Joseph. 

@Bad Wolf I definitely agree that Evangelina Jo flows better, but my speculation is that they wanted the name to be only four syllables like Felicity. 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic