IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, freethemall said:

It's also a common Russian/Jewish (not Slavic) name - spelled Yana, Яна.

Russian emigre here. That’s my sister’s name. 

I don't see a big issue with cousins having similar names. My mom has 10 younger siblings, so I have about 30 cousins, and we have quite a few names twice or three times. My brother and my cousin have the same name, also the same name my youngest uncle has and it is also one of my great-uncles names.

We have a couple of cousins, not too far apart in age, with similar names, like John, Marcus etc.. (not actual names, but just very classic regional names, and in most cases, also family names)

I don't think I would mind that much, especially if I would have had a name picked out a long time ago, and then my sister uses a similar name. Seeing as I only have one brother, I probably would not name my future potential child the same he will name his future potential child. Don't think that would be an issue, we have very different tastes and he also is not very likely to have kids..

Repeating names or similar names is just something that happens in big familys.. If Jinger and Joy were the only two daughters (so J1 and J2, and no other J's), I'd sideeye that a lot stronger...

• Upvote 3

I personally have decided I won't be using any names for children that are already family names as a first name. If Joy and Jinger have no issue with both girls having names that are similar then I see no problem, same with Annabell and Bella having similar names. My sister's boyfriend has cousins born 2 weeks apart who are both named Dean, his aunts didn't speak for months because they had argued over who liked the name first. 

• Haha 5

It seems weird to some of us to have cousins with the same name, but in a lot of families it isn't a big deal.  My Mil is one of 6 kids there were 20 grandkids, 2 John's, 2 Daniel's, & 2 Michael's. There just wasn't a lot of room for male variety with them I guess. My husband's niece and I have the same name, my husbands SIL's & one of his cousins have the same name, it gets a bit confusing but we make it work, and we all live in a 30 mile radius of each other. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I think that has mostly to do with the fact that these are rather classic names. I don't know wheter these are the real names, but it is similar in my case that the names that get repeated often are just very common, not old fashioned but, classic, let's say, names?

I'm not saying Evelyn or Evangeline are super outlandish, but it's not something like Marcus, Anna, Julia etc.. where you would have three or four in one school class in a rather small village. If now, let's say Kendra would name her Baby Evanie or something like that, I think that would just be ridiculous.

• Upvote 1

I think the reason that the very similar names bother me is because this is a family that already curtails individuality and free thinking, and these girls are all basically the same age. They will never be viewed as individuals with varying wants and interests, but rather a monolith. Forever to be known as the girls
These folks drive special right out of everything where precious blessings are concerned...it’s all talk. Say what you will about Spurgeon, at least there will not be a similarly named cousin.

• Upvote 14

My cousin was upset that we named our daughter Kathryn, after my grandmother. She had just had a baby and had named her Kaitlin, which to me is a totally different name. Except when we both did the nickname thing, which indeed was the same (Katie). We only see each other maybe once every five years. I don't think it matters, especially for second cousins. I do feel bad that it bugged her though and had I known it would we could've just picked a different name. 

• Upvote 5

4 hours ago, Johannah said:

I could see Kendra naming the baby Everly. Two Ehvies, an Eevie, and an Ivy?

She could go for Edie.... Addy & Edie.... Evie, Evie, Ivy.

• Upvote 1

On 11/25/2020 at 5:52 PM, Vivi_music said:

Not a bad name in itself. I think it's very pretty.

For me the name evokes this song:

Hide contents

Beautiful and sad tale of the deportation of the Acadiens, and the history of French-Canadian people across the North American continent. Which I know, ironically  was written by Longfellow (not an Acadian author), but now an athem and symbol of the Grand dérangement.

I think of this:

All the Dugglet spawn have daughters with cutesy names/nicknames.... Kynzie, whatever they're calling Meredith now (Merry? Dithy?), Addie, Bella, Lissy, Evy.....meh. lol. 

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Joy's baby is Eh-vee and Jinger's baby is Ee-vee. Both too similar for my taste. Realistically though, how much do Joy and Jinger have to do with each other anymore? They'll see each other at the occasional family gathering and that's probably about it.

We don't know how the Vuolos pronounce Evangeline or if she's even going to be called Evie, Vangie (heehee), or something else.

• Upvote 3

5 minutes ago, marmalade said:

We don't know how the Vuolos pronounce Evangeline or if she's even going to be called Evie, Vangie (heehee), or something else.

Joy replied to a comment on her instagram.

5 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Joy replied to a comment on her instagram.

Regarding Evangeline or Evy? We already know that her baby is Eh-vee. ?

Someone on reddit figured out how to get into Jinger and Jeremy's new password protected merch website, and they posted a bunch of screenshots. Lots of bible quotes explaining the inspiration behind the designs - clearly there is no greater calling for the word of God than shilling products.

(Apologies and credit to AshDuke on reddit)

1uua430ddu161.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

Regarding Evangeline or Evy? We already know that her baby is Eh-vee. ?

She said the girl will be both calls Evie

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Evie and Ivy sounds similar to me. Definitely I see Kendra naming her new baby Everly. 

I love the name Evangeline. Its my second favorite name for a girl. If I ever had two girls, I'd name the second one that. It was my grandmother's name and I always thought it was so pretty.  With all the similar names I wonder if I should start guessing similar name for Kendra's baby if its a girl or if she'll end up going with a completely different name. 

I keep forgetting that Jordyn isn't little kid anymore.  When I saw that she went to LA with Michelle I wondered why bring one of the little girls along. Then remembered she's eleven. 

Edited by JordynDarby5
  • Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

This confuses me because I thought that their nickname for Evelyn was Evy (eh-vee), which to me is pronounced differently from Evie (ee-vee). Maybe I'm making that up in my head though.

• I Agree 4

7 hours ago, wendy-sparkles said:

Someone on reddit figured out how to get into Jinger and Jeremy's new password protected merch website, and they posted a bunch of screenshots. Lots of bible quotes explaining the inspiration behind the designs - clearly there is no greater calling for the word of God than shilling products.

(Apologies and credit to AshDuke on reddit)

1uua430ddu161.jpg

This looks so dull. They’re making it seem like such mystery on Instagram and it’s just this? Lmao

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, marmalade said:

Exactly, IMO Evelyn & Evangeline are not similar names other than starting with the letters Ev, they can have the same nickname Evy.  

@VineHeart137 I knew 2 Evelyn's and both are called Ee-vee, The Forsyth's Evelyn is the only one I "know" called Evy. 

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

@VineHeart137 I knew 2 Evelyn's and both are called Ee-vee, The Forsyth's Evelyn is the only one I "know" called Evy. 

Stephen Colbert's wife is Evelyn and he calls her Evy. It makes more sense to me than calling Evelyn Ee-vy since in the US, Evelyn starts with a short E. Plus I just love Stephen Colbert, so whatever he does I'll go with ?

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

Ahhwww I was rooting for Miss Vanjie

We can still think of her as Miss Vanjie in our heads... or here.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic