IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

Evangeline just reminds me of the lightning bug from Princess and the Frog... and my neighbor's daughter (but she's Evangelina)

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

So in the last few weeks Michelle has been to the family conference in Texas, visited Justin at the Spiveys, hosted family night and now she’s at the doctors with a newborn. I know giving birth is a time when many women want their mum around but you think she’d take a few sensible precautions. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

So in the last few weeks Michelle has been to the family conference in Texas, visited Justin at the Spiveys, hosted family night and now she’s at the doctors with a newborn. I know giving birth is a time when many women want their mum around but you think she’d take a few sensible precautions. 

She wasn't able to be in the hospital with Jinger. I agree it's stupid Michelle isn't social distancing. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

there are plenty of unique girl names with good meanings, so why Evangeline.

I can get used to Evangeline, but Jo, I already can't handle that there's going to be a Maci 

jo in February, Jeremy's a selfish little prick for wanting that .

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 4
  • WTF 6

Evie Jo sounds really cute. Evangeline is a pretty name and I can get behind Jo, too, it reminds me of Little Women. I wish Jinger would be allowed to rest, she looks so miserable in the reveal photo, her eyes are sad, she looks so tired, she should be resting in comfortable clothes and not being forced to get dolled up and wear tight jeans and smile for the camera, but I guess that doesn't fit Books plan for his amazing future as the most brilliant and most famous preacher in the world. He's so vain.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

I love the name Evangeline, but not the middle name "Jo" with it. Evangeline Claire or Evangeline Elizabeth sounds better to me.  But what matters is that THEY like it and that Mother and baby are safe and healthy.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

51 minutes ago, raayx01 said:

there are plenty of unique girl names with good meanings, so why Evangeline.

I can get used to Evangeline, but Jo, I already can't handle that there's going to be a Maci 

jo in February, Jeremy's a selfish little prick for wanting that .

I missed something. Jeremy picked Evangeline or Jo?

I think of Evangeline St. Clair from Uncle Tom's Cabin. 

Edited by snickerz

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

Interesting the different perceptions! I “hear” Gina as definitely fancier / more J/J style than Linny. 

Someone posted an Insta picture of Jinger, Jeremy and Michelle at the pediatricians for Evangelines first checkup - Jinger and Jeremy have masks - Michelle is using a bandana - what I’m wondering is how Michelle got in?? 
It has generally been only the child and ONE parent / caregiver allowed at Dr appointments here. I can see both parents for a newborn - but 3 adults allowed in the waiting room? My daughter just was told she had to wait in the car for her 8 year olds 1st orthodontist appointment. NO adult allowed in the office. We are in the purple tier , like LA ......

In Australia, I think it is mandatory that a minor be accompanied by an adult. My kid would not be going to any drs appointment without me and I do think it is unreasonable to expect a masked up parent to be allowed to accompany a child, I would not mind even if they asked me to socially distance myself, as long as I was there to supervise and comfort my child, I would be ok. I also think doctors like parents there so that they themselves are covered to not to have accusations made. My Daughter had a dental checkup that had to be cancelled because it was not urgent because of covid and was resheduled as soon as the restrictions changed. 

• Upvote 4

So a Duggar/ Vuolo and a Bates/ Webster baby will each share my middle name...as well as Kelly! I like Amelia far more. So.many.vowel.named newer baby girls: Addison, Ivy, Evelyn, Evangeline. Lots of vowels and Vs. With so many babies you’d think you’d pick something a little different from your sisters! 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, snickerz said:

I think of Evangeline St. Clair from Uncle Tom's Cabin. 

I think Evangeline Lilly the actress 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

47 minutes ago, tabitha2 said:

Evangeline Josepha would have been the prettiest combo in my opinion. Not to long or frilly. 

I agree. I’ve been loving the name Josepha lately because of Sarah Josepha Hale and her petitioning for Thanksgiving as a holiday (https://www.history.com/news/abraham-lincoln-and-the-mother-of-thanksgiving). It’s such a strong, historical name and fits nicely with her being born so close to Thanksgiving. 

Edited by Perrierwithlemon
Typo and formatting
  • Love 1

Screenshot_20201125-142004.thumb.png.0c9648eed616bdcaacd1df4c6ada14fd.png

Looks like they no longer have a social media manager. Just compare this birth announcement to their last one...

Screenshot_20201125-142153.thumb.png.38f0965714a7d0ce2060e099a94b1f48.png

• Upvote 9

Jingwr looks so much like Joy in that photo of her kissing the new bubba. 
always interesting to see how the family genetics plays out in siblings. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 23
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20201125-142004.thumb.png.0c9648eed616bdcaacd1df4c6ada14fd.png

Looks like they no longer have a social media manager. Just compare this birth announcement to their last one...

Screenshot_20201125-142153.thumb.png.38f0965714a7d0ce2060e099a94b1f48.png

It honestly took me several long seconds to figure out that that was not Joy in that photo.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 13
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

What’s a gritter? 
edit to add will it be pronounced ending lyn or line? Personally I go back and forth because of the spelling. 
Maybe the nick name could be Evie as in eve because Evelyn is evy as in Chevy? 

I was wondering the same thing. I’m curious to see if they use the French pronunciation (the one I’m most familiar with) or if they anglicize it. I’m surprised by the name because the Acadiens were Catholic and I thought Jermey didn’t like us. 

• I Agree 1

Not a bad name in itself. I think it's very pretty.

For me the name evokes this song:

Spoiler

Beautiful and sad tale of the deportation of the Acadiens, and the history of French-Canadian people across the North American continent. Which I know, ironically  was written by Longfellow (not an Acadian author), but now an athem and symbol of the Grand dérangement.

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 3

47 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

In Australia, I think it is mandatory that a minor be accompanied by an adult. My kid would not be going to any drs appointment without me and I do think it is unreasonable to expect a masked up parent to be allowed to accompany a child, I would not mind even if they asked me to socially distance myself, as long as I was there to supervise and comfort my child, I would be ok. I also think doctors like parents there so that they themselves are covered to not to have accusations made. My Daughter had a dental checkup that had to be cancelled because it was not urgent because of covid and was resheduled as soon as the restrictions changed. 

Her point was why send three adults, when one adult should be able to manage taking a baby to pediatrician, especially during the Pandemic! I don't know how Australia is doing with the pandemic, but here in America, we're having a surge.  California has over a million people with the virus. Some of us are fed up that they're not taking COVID more seriously.

• Upvote 9

Nothing wrong with wearing jeans post op if you want to, I thought I would! But then the GIANT pads & realization I couldn’t wear a thong threw me off! But I guess Jinger probably never wears thongs anyways, and my jeans are probably way tighter in the tush of than hers! 

Michelle couldn’t even be bothered to wear an actual mask. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  Didn’t the daughters sew a bunch of masks in an episode? She has no excuse. Except her stupidity. 
So, there’s Evelyn & Evangeline... good thing they don’t live near each other because I’m going to guess they’re both going to be using the same nickname. SOTDRT logic/thinking strikes again. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

26 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Her point was why send three adults, when one adult should be able to manage taking a baby to pediatrician, especially during the Pandemic! I don't know how Australia is doing with the pandemic, but here in America, we're having a surge.  California has over a million people with the virus. Some of us are fed up that they're not taking COVID more seriously.

I wasn't addressing that point at all. I too think it is stupid for three people to go. 

I was talking about a minor being alone for a medical procedure. pandemic or not I am not ok with that. Other than surgical, I will be with my child. I read horror stories of parents isolated from their loved ones and people dying alone with covid in hospital. Theoretically I see the need for that as a parent I think I would end up arrested getting trying to get to my child.

Australia seems to be doing ok with Covid, we as a country are running fairly well, borders are starting to open up. I am lucky I am not in Victoria which had the hardest lockdowns and I am also in a frontline job, so no finacial loss. I look at the world and I am not blind to my very fortunate status. (even before covid). 

1 minute ago, divadivine said:

Michelle couldn’t even be bothered to wear an actual mask. Jesus, Mary, and Joseph.  Didn’t the daughters sew a bunch of masks in an episode? She has no excuse. Except her stupidity. 
So, there’s Evelyn & Evangeline... good thing they don’t live near each other because I’m going to guess they’re both going to be using the same nickname. SOTDRT logic/thinking strikes again. 

about the masks for michelle I thought the same thing. It also occured to me that maybe didnt go in and was waiting because the parents have surgical masks that may have been provided by the clinic and michelle has a bandanna. prehaps she waited in the waiting room? again just stay at home or the car.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Okay after hearing Evangeline Joe together, my mind goes to Vanjo for her nickname. (It rhymes with banjo. Jeremy would be horrified!)

Well now you have me thinking about miss vanjie and miss vanjie could be a nickname for evangeline so now whenever I think of this baby from now on I will hear miss vanjie saying “vanjie”

• Haha 4

• samurai_sarah locked this topic