IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I get the impression Jeremy has carefully ‘encouraged’ Jinger to look and act like the woman he wants- blonde, well dressed, purporting to be refined and cultured (‘lover of all things classical’!) and totally in awe of him. 
Jeremy loves himself first and foremost and then, in no particular order, her loves his wife, daughter and the fame and lifestyle they bring him. I doubt he’d be stupid enough to jeopardise that- he knows Jinger is the one the fans love.

I think he would cheat; he gives me a controlling vibe. As soon as the fame and money disappear he will get bored of her and try and find someone else to satisfy his desires. Jinger was only attracted to him in the first place because he was hot.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, FloraKitty35 said:

He (still) looks like a young Borat (to me).

They may have drifted into Fundie Lite Territory, but thankfully I don't think we'll see him sporting a neon green banana slingshot at the beach anytime soon!

• Haha 12

On 9/6/2020 at 1:18 AM, AussieKrissy said:

Ok a question for the masses. I’m putting this here because Jeremy is the latest one to do it, but I have seen all the fundies so it. I wanna know if normal people do it or it’s just a fundie thing. The Bates and duggars share in their own insta stories the other people’s Insta stories who wish them happy birthday. I don’t get why they do this? Is it to show how popular they are? I dunno it’s just not something I see other people I follow do.  Trivial but I’m just wondering if it’s normal or I’m just old and like I would just send them a message and say thanks... not repost it. 

I recently noticed it’s an option on FB and/or Insta when it’s a friends birthday to give a Birthday greeting in their story. So you click on their little story bubble and FB suggests you do it, so everyone can see it.  I think it’s newish, or I just noticed. So it might not be an action on their part so much as pushed by FB/Insta Does that make sense? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

I recently noticed it’s an option on FB and/or Insta when it’s a friends birthday to give a Birthday greeting in their story. So you click on their little story bubble and FB suggests you do it, so everyone can see it.  I think it’s newish, or I just noticed. So it might not be an action on their part so much as pushed by FB/Insta Does that make sense? 

Yes it does. Cheers :) 

• Upvote 2

So you think Jinger wears a real bathing suit to the beach or to swim? I’m betting she does. She’s so obsessed w being fashionable that I think she’d be embarrassed wearing the fundie suit.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

1 hour ago, Ever said:

So you think Jinger wears a real bathing suit to the beach or to swim? I’m betting she does. She’s so obsessed w being fashionable that I think she’d be embarrassed wearing the fundie suit.

Most of the fundies don't wear the suit anymore. A lot of modest options have come out - board shorts and rash guards seems to be the current trend even with the Duggars.

• Upvote 9

I know a lot of Fundies who were always fine with 1950s one piece bathing suits. I woudn't be surprised if Jinger wore something like that or a racerback athletic style suit. 

• Upvote 4

I don’t know if Jeremy’s fundie cruise speaking gig is still going ahead  in January-  but Jinger will have recently given birth ( I think but I’m not sure) so I doubt she’ll be going along. I just hope Jeremy doesn’t think the world needs to see him in speedos ...

Edited by Idlewild
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Most of the fundies don't wear the suit anymore. A lot of modest options have come out - board shorts and rash guards seems to be the current trend even with the Duggars.

I had no idea! From the boat photos of the Caldwells and Jana and Laura’s it looked like they were in full on Fundie swimwear. 

8 hours ago, Ever said:

I think she said said that she never really learned how to swim. I’ll bet she wears something fashionable to the beach and pool, but never gets in the water or wears a suit.

• Upvote 8

They featured a Felicity swimming lesson in the show. Jer was in the pool.  Jinger had to hide because Felicity fussed for her and she wouldn’t go in the water with her own child,  telling me she needs lessons s well.  So I doubt she goes near the water.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

8 minutes ago, clueliss said:

They featured a Felicity swimming lesson in the show. Jer was in the pool.  Jinger had to hide because Felicity fussed for her and she wouldn’t go in the water with her own child,  telling me she needs lessons s well.  So I doubt she goes near the water.

In that episode she said she goes to a friends house who has a pool. Her friend has been teaching her to swim.

• Upvote 3

22 minutes ago, clueliss said:

I put it down to, it would take a supremely confident women to get in swimmers on international tv. Now take one that has all the baggage jinger has and I would be like yeah hubby you get in. I would have loved to have had a hubby to share baby swimming lessons with. Especially in winter. Your cold but baby comes first. Plus men don’t have to worry about hair and makeup. I put it down to common sense she didn’t get in the pool on this occasion. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

19 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

Was swimming deemed immodest by the Duggars or were they too busy being joyfully available to be arsed to teach their kids to swim? 

Bit of both. But the girls swam in those horrendous and unsafe modest swim wear when they did. So baggy and big. 

• Upvote 3

I would imagine jinger swims in something to the effect of a tankinie.

i think they didn’t go swimming much as children because it’s fucking hard to take kids swimming especially kids that don’t know how. Imagine 7,8,9,10 kids running around that don’t know how to swim I’d be a Nervous wreck. While they aren’t good parents I think they do love them in their own way and wouldn’t want them to be in danger. I mean most people would just teach their kids to swim but with that amount and classes are expensive. I see how it didn’t happen 

• Upvote 10

23 hours ago, Pecansforeveryone said:

I know a lot of Fundies who were always fine with 1950s one piece bathing suits. I woudn't be surprised if Jinger wore something like that or a racerback athletic style suit. 

I am not fundie but I LOVE the 1950s one piece bathing suits! I was always...of a voluptuous body type ?;)and this type of swim suit makes me feel fashionable and beautiful/ less self-conscious. 

Yay to positive body image and things that make us happy! 

1001-art-pdf-2.jpeg

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
resized photo
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 3

I can understand how lessons for 19 would be expensive but why would you not teach your kids how to swim? That doesn't cost anything. I do not have children but have taught 2-3 kids how to swim (my niblings) at a cost of 0.00. 

I learned how to swim by being thrown in the deep end of a pool. Cost was 0.00 but 0/10 recommend.

• Upvote 4

6 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I can understand how lessons for 19 would be expensive but why would you not teach your kids how to swim? That doesn't cost anything. I do not have children but have taught 2-3 kids how to swim (my niblings) at a cost of 0.00. 

I learned how to swim by being thrown in the deep end of a pool. Cost was 0.00 but 0/10 recommend.

My mom was mad I wasn't learning to swim quickly enough - so she put me on the swim team. Also 0/10 would not recommend. 

Edited by Meggo
  • Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, Meggo said:

My mom was mad I wasn't learning to swim quickly enough - so she put me on the swim team. Also 0/10 would recommend. 

My dad paid for swim lessons but wouldn’t pay swim team fees despite me (and my instructors!) begging for years. Also 0/10 wouldn’t recommend. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Kelsey said:

I'm betting it had more to do with it is impossible to safely watch 10+ kids at a pool, even a private pool, than costs.  I wouldn't say I can swim, I know how to not drown in the pool, I can tread water, dog paddle, and  float on my back, there is no way I could teach my kids I wouldn't know where to begin. 

• I Agree 9

56 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm betting it had more to do with it is impossible to safely watch 10+ kids at a pool, even a private pool, than costs.  I wouldn't say I can swim, I know how to not drown in the pool, I can tread water, dog paddle, and  float on my back, there is no way I could teach my kids I wouldn't know where to begin. 

Could't agree more. I was a swimmer, then a competitive swimmer, from 5 years old to 19. I quit when I started college because I wanted a life outside of school and swimming, I still would not know where to begin to teach kids how to swim. Knowing how to do something is NOT the same as teaching someone how to do something - the proper way. 

Knowing how to ski does not make one a ski teacher, speaking a language does not make one qualified to teach it, etc. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Shouldabeenacowboy said:

Could't agree more. I was a swimmer, then a competitive swimmer, from 5 years old to 19. I quit when I started college because I wanted a life outside of school and swimming, I still would not know where to begin to teach kids how to swim. Knowing how to do something is NOT the same as teaching someone how to do something - the proper way. 

Knowing how to ski does not make one a ski teacher, speaking a language does not make one qualified to teach it, etc. 

Add that to most things - like I can read but I cannot explain to you, dear small child - why IGH say the sound "I" … as in night and right.... sorry kiddo.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic