IGNORED

Joy & Austin 31: Adding Evelyn Mae

Coconut Flan

On 12/18/2020 at 4:29 AM, SweetLaurel said:

And if they were filming, which they probably were, like Anna said - paraphrasing - sometimes the outcasts get invited and sometimes they don't.  And Derrick said he and his family opted out of filming.  

Also Anna has been relatively open about how she WANTS to be filmed. She and her kids are fairly often in the background of shots and stuff and I think she hopes that will lead to being welcomed back someday. The dillards on the other hand are vocal about NOT wanting to be filmed, so I think even if they were invited they wouldn’t go because they avoid TLC cameras and events that will be on the show.

• Upvote 14

21 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I have to admit that I often feel like this in Joy and Austin pages. It does seem to me that there is a lot of leghumping on fundie snark sites for Joy and Austin. Look at fundiesnarkers on Tumblr. 

However we don't talk to fundies. I doubt what you said did any good. It just annoys them and makes them feel a little persecuted. Or just annoyed. It doesn't make me a leghumper that I think telling her off did no good and was inappropriate.

I don't how weak or strong her relationship with Jill is. For all we know, they text whether they have a few minutes. I think it's sad if she and Jill are drifting apart, but it's not really something we can change nor something that it's our job to fix. It does say something about the fundie world and the state of the country, but it's not something for us to worry about. 

It makes me angry that none of them take social distancing and none of the tabloids/media are calling them out for it. I don't think pming them would do any good.

It's also concerning that they joined Parler. I'm really hoping a tabloid will investigate Parler or at the very least Reddit will start posting screenshots of what they're posting on there. 

I admit I have a soft spot for Joy, she and Austin (and JD & Abbie) remind me of one set of my family. Outdoorsy,  not academic and don’t pretend to be, hard workers —- but they are falling down the same political conspiracy rabbit holes.
It’s scary!! 
And we live in an area that could not be farther politically from  Duggarland. The leftist of the left coast. (So left and woke that I think that’s part of the issue)I believe my county went 79% Biden. 
They aren’t religious like the Duggar’s (at least not all of them). They drink and smoke weed , they  are fine with multiple partners and children etc outside of marriage, they don’t care about if someone is gay, etc... They aren’t all white. I don’t think their core values will ever get as extreme as the Duggar types —- but damn, all the YouTube and talk radio is turning them really weird and irrational. I HATE it! 

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1

On 12/18/2020 at 6:15 AM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sorry Is this freejinger? Or a Leghumper fan page? Cuz I'm getting a little confused here? And they DO deserve this crap they are HORRIBLE people. The fact that this is turning into a fan site is really fucking sad. 

The issue is not what they deserve.  The issue is not even having direct contact with Joy, whether to 'call her out' or to compliment her.  

The issue is talking about said contact on FJ.  That is against FJ culture if not the actual rules, and has been for many years.

Edited by church_of_dog
noted it might not actually be against TOS but is definitely against FJ culture
  • Upvote 19

21 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I have to admit that I often feel like this in Joy and Austin pages. It does seem to me that there is a lot of leghumping on fundie snark sites for Joy and Austin. Look at fundiesnarkers on Tumblr. 

However we don't talk to fundies. I doubt what you said did any good. It just annoys them and makes them feel a little persecuted. Or just annoyed. It doesn't make me a leghumper that I think telling her off did no good and was inappropriate.

I don't how weak or strong her relationship with Jill is. For all we know, they text whether they have a few minutes. I think it's sad if she and Jill are drifting apart, but it's not really something we can change nor something that it's our job to fix. It does say something about the fundie world and the state of the country, but it's not something for us to worry about. 

It makes me angry that none of them take social distancing and none of the tabloids/media are calling them out for it. I don't think pming them would do any good.

It's also concerning that they joined Parler. I'm really hoping a tabloid will investigate Parler or at the very least Reddit will start posting screenshots of what they're posting on there. 

I agree , lot of leg humping (soft spot)for them . Joy, Jessa and Jana have been not as much hated or snarked as Jill has been here on this site uptill now (when Jill nearly became one of us).Infact Jessa and Ben have been prasised ...Jana loved and neutral towards Jinger but boy Jill got so much hate and trolling !  Agree we cant decide based on the pics that Joy didnt invite Jill for the party but most of the snarking here is done based on the pics only ! We dont know them personally so the whole snark site is based on that! and based on the pic history evidence does show that Joy no longer chooses to be close to Jill ( never commenting or liking her posts ) and vice a versa Jill does not put pics of her too (intially she used to put bday posts for Joy only). Also like boob Joy has not been pictured alone with her although Jessa has been few times and also playdates of Jessa's kids with Jill's. So while we might say that Jill wasn't here because of Tlc filming evidence points to else ( Jessa in sweatpants for filming not done before). Also unlike Jessa and Ben , Joy N Austin are not dependent on boob but they show no progress of any willingness to change. So dont know what the future holds for them.

• Upvote 5

I'm all for calling the Duggars out (and Bates and Wallers...) for these  huge gatherings they are stupid enough to even post about in the first place.  I may have made comments about that on their IG :)That doesn't require speculation, they are obviously doing it. I am not super conservative with Covid stuff (e.g. my kids are still going to daycare because....they have to and my job is 'essential', I want my 5-year-old to be in actual school, etc.). But we're still not doing huge gatherings for the holidays with family, which has a lot to do with my elderly in-laws. The Duggars' blatant disregard for what society is dealing with right now is annoying and tone-deaf.

I don't think Joy has turned her back to Jill, FWIW. I think Jill has zero interest in doing anything filmed, and Michelle was there so it was possibly filmed (or if  not, still a misguided PR thing). Or, Jill is smart enough to not go to a huge gathering. Jinger isn't about to sign up to travel with a new baby. That all seems the most plausible to me.

Edited by coffeebean7
  • Upvote 9

While I believe that Joy has distanced herself from Jill, I’m not convinced either way if Jill would have been invited to this gathering. Since it was a “girls event,” it would seem plausible that Jill would decline if Sam wasn’t welcome. It appears that Derick was still in school until very recently, so he was probably very busy with finals, etc. and unable to watch Sam. It also could have been during the time when Jill needed to pick up Israel from school. And it seems that the Dillards try to appear more covid conscious. So there are lots of reasons or just excuses why Jill wasn’t there. The only Duggar sibling “support” we have seen on social media recently was from Jessa. It would be interesting to see that from Jana, Joy, or one of the married brothers and sisters-in-law.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

Israel’s school may also have a policy/recommendation about not spending time indoors unmasked with people outside your household. Jill is a public figure. She may not want photo evidence of herself at a gathering that violates those rules and potentially jeopardizes her son’s in-person school attendance status.

Jared and Ivanka’s kids were asked to leave their private school in DC based on photos of their parents flouting covid guidelines. Israel, at minimum, might be asked to stay home and quarantine if there were publicly available photos of his mom at a superspreader event. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 2

On 12/18/2020 at 2:15 PM, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sorry Is this freejinger? Or a Leghumper fan page? Cuz I'm getting a little confused here? And they DO deserve this crap they are HORRIBLE people. The fact that this is turning into a fan site is really fucking sad. 

This is leghumper page now! You can't say anything bad about them that people jump on you!

People leghump Joy a lot! I'm not saying everyone does this, just saying that sometimes people say something not that bad and boom! They are terrible people, they deserve the things people say about them!

Edited by Nefernandes15
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 7
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 3

I just want to remind everyone that these people are dangerous.  They actively seek to strip others of their rights, abuse women and children, are racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and seek to make America a theocracy.  They are also hosting super spreader events during this pandemic, endangering others.  Nothing negates that...NOTHING.  So, I stand with @allthegoodnamesrgone on this one.  They get what they deserve.

3 hours ago, church_of_dog said:

The issue is talking about said contact on FJ.  That is against FJ culture if not the actual rules, and has been for many years.

Fuck that noise.  How hypocritical.  People have posted about their encounters with fundies despite the rules.  Hell there are threads dedicated to it.  The only reason this is an issue is because people have soft spots for these people because they have experienced a loss or are going through difficult times.  It has nothing to do with a rule being broken or else the threads and posts that are devoted to funding event crashing, tracking their flights and other activities wouldn't be allowed.  So, spare me the "against the rules" bullshit.  It reeks of hypocrisy and leg humping. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 12
  • Confused 2
  • WTF 1
  • Love 3

I don’t have a soft spot for Joy. I think she’s pretty much a horrible person.
I just feel it’s inappropriate to “call people out” on something if you don’t even know it’s true. It’s very hard to tell from the outside what’s going on between members of a family and whose fault it is. So I see no reason to get involved in their squabbles. 
No leghumping here. At all.

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 7

3 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

Fuck that noise.  How hypocritical.  People have posted about their encounters with fundies despite the rules.  Hell there are threads dedicated to it.  The only reason this is an issue is because people have soft spots for these people because they have experienced a loss or are going through difficult times.  It has nothing to do with a rule being broken or else the threads and posts that are devoted to funding event crashing, tracking their flights and other activities wouldn't be allowed.  So, spare me the "against the rules" bullshit.  It reeks of hypocrisy and leg humping. 

AFAIK, saying you encountered a fundie by accident is permitted (“I was walking down the street in my hometown and Joy Duggar appeared and asked me if I had been saved”), as is being at events they are at, but posting about going out of your way to interact with them on social media (“I messaged Joy on instagram”) or in situations that aren’t public/public events is not allowed. You don’t have to agree with this rule, but I don’t see how it’s hypocritical to have various policies for very different situations. 

I do agree that a lot of people have an unwarranted soft spot for Joy, which I don’t share, but the rules are we don’t contact fundies out of nowhere on their social media and then talk about it here. So let’s not do that.

You can still yell at Joy on Instagram if you want. No one is saying you can’t. 

Edited by OrchidBlossom
  • Upvote 24

5 hours ago, RosyDaisy said:

I just want to remind everyone that these people are dangerous.  They actively seek to strip others of their rights, abuse women and children, are racist, misogynistic, homophobic, and seek to make America a theocracy.  They are also hosting super spreader events during this pandemic, endangering others.  Nothing negates that...NOTHING.  So, I stand with @allthegoodnamesrgone on this one.  They get what they deserve.

I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that we’ve forgotten they’re dangerous but we haven’t, no one is saying they’re not dangerous. Everyone knows their ideas and goals are dangerous. Them being dangerous isn't an excuse for being a massive asshole and expecting people here to back you up for it. The issue is actively seeking out contact and telling us about it. Just keep it to yourself if you really must. It’s not hypocrisy or leg humping to ask that you not tell us about encounters where you’ve deliberately decided to be a jerk. It doesn’t help anything and it fuels their persecution complex. 

Edited by Peaches-n-Beans
  • Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Is Parler pronounced like the French verb for to speak (par-lay) or more like Parlour (par-ler)? Not intending to join, just curious. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

22 hours ago, Peaches-n-Beans said:

I don’t know where you’re getting the idea that we’ve forgotten they’re dangerous but we haven’t, no one is saying they’re not dangerous. Everyone knows their ideas and goals are dangerous. Them being dangerous isn't an excuse for being a massive asshole and expecting people here to back you up for it. The issue is actively seeking out contact and telling us about it. Just keep it to yourself if you really must. It’s not hypocrisy or leg humping to ask that you not tell us about encounters where you’ve deliberately decided to be a jerk. It doesn’t help anything and it fuels their persecution complex. 

Fully, FULLY agree with what you're saying here. It seems like some people forgot what nuance is. Poor things.

I'm lucky enough to NOT live in a fundie area (probably the opposite), but I can't imagine someone going online and saying anyone who posts a chance encounter with a fundie because they live in that area, is a sympathizing leg humper. Imagine typing that out and thinking you're making sense? Couldn't be me! 

No has ever said or implied that these people don't deserve to be cyberbullied into depths of Satan's asshole, the question is just following the rules that have be widely agreed upon by a broad, multi-platform snark community. Stop looking for further meaning in people's defence of the rules in a weak and transparent effort to lick wounds because they weren't showered with the praise they expected. 

1 hour ago, Markie said:

Is Parler pronounced like the French verb for to speak (par-lay) or more like Parlour (par-ler)? Not intending to join, just curious. 

I've been saying "parlour" because I doubt most people on that platform are able to connect the dots with the French language. 

• Upvote 16

On 12/18/2020 at 3:19 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm really hoping a tabloid will investigate Parler or at the very least Reddit will start posting screenshots of what they're posting on there. 

Not Duggar-specific, but there is a Twitter account that posts screenshots https://twitter.com/parlertakes?s=21

• Thank You 4

@allthegoodnamesrgone I am honestly a bit baffled as your og post seems to insinuate you are surprised or even offended she blocked you. I might have misread that, but that is how it was received on my end. I mean what response did you expect? A fight in the comments? An honest explanation about her relationship to her sister? To a complete stranger on the internet? Getting blocked was a completely foreseeable option, dare I say pretty much a given. My take away was „Joy blocked be because I called her a horrible person“ so how did you expect us to respond apart from „well, yes of course“. Who wouldn’t block a stranger from their SM with such a comment? They probably don’t catch all, and they are definitely not employing a sm manager but they saw yours and acted accordingly.
Apart from that- I don’t think FJ has become more a fan page since I started lurking here many years ago. Especially with the Duggars and Bates, were people get personally invested because the show created a „relationship“ with them, people have always had pet Fundies or the general consensus is bashing A while praising B with turning tides. People dream up „positive signs of change“ and interpret things their way. On the other hand many things get blown out of proportion regarding their private relationships. There is a lot of plain snark, gossip and BEC going on next to the extrem educational discussions about the dangers of Fundamentalism (avd it’s cousins white supremacy, misogyny, patriarchy, sexism....). While it’s safe to say that M&JB are horrible parents (from our perspective) in many ways, we have no idea how their children really feel about then or each other.

• Upvote 19
  • Love 3

My comments are in reference to how the rule is enforced.  I know the rule exists, and I haven't violated it and won't  In other threads (not just the Duggar ones), people have posted about commenting on a fundie's social media and being banned or crashing a fundie event, but nothing is ever said.  That's what's hypocritical and leghump-y about it.  It has nothing to do with random encounters.  And based on recent posts, I do get a leghumping vibe.  That is why I reminded everyone about who these people are.  Now that I have said all this, I 'm not going to comment any further on this specific topic and move on.

• Confused 1

Reminder time.  DO NOT TOUCH THE POOP!!

We have no desire to control our member's off-site interactions and/or behavior.  We do get to control the types of things that are talked about here, however. Please do not post accounts of trolling a fundie's blog, driving by houses, going through their trash, etc. Do what you want on your own time, but giving an audience to that kind of thing is not the place FJ wants to be.  Please be careful that you do not interact in such a way as to give the impression you are a representative of Free Jinger.

If you go to a public event, you are free to post your summary of that event or your interactions there.   If you do attend a public event, don't present yourself as a representative of FJ.

Also note there is no need to argue about the rules in a thread.  Simply use the report function.

We don't read every thread every day and unfortunately missed this one until today.  Due the number of posts following the discussion, I didn't try to remove it all instead put up the mod box. 

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 24

So now you are policing what we can and cannot do OFF this site? FUCK YOU FJ in the ass with a big dick at a rapid paced with NO VASLINE! 

Yeah I'm flouncinging this place has turned into a humper site!  SEE YA! 

• Fuck You 5
  • Downvote 26
  • WTF 6
  • Haha 3

Well, I guess we've been told or someone showed their level of impulse control.  Er, hm.  And once again reading comprehension was a fail.  We do not wish to try to tell people what to do off site.  That was very, very plainly stated.  We only wish to retain some semblance of control of what is discussed on FJ.  

• Upvote 25
  • Love 4

On 12/20/2020 at 4:43 PM, Markie said:

Great question. As a person who has studied French for many years, I assumed par-lay, but in the media I have heard Par-lour. Par-lay, to speak, (as in a place to speak your mind) makes sense to me. I just figured that those saying par-lour were just getting it wrong.

• I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, clueliss said:

google to the rescue (I should be working - I''m not sure if I care today)
image.thumb.png.f5044867ce59151c66cef3a0c97391a2.png

My guess is the founders wanted to sound fancy, so they picked a foreign word (although to be fair, at least it's a foreign word that makes sense in context). But the target audience/early adopters are generally unlikely to speak French and/or understand the reference, so they pronounced it as you would in English, and it snowballed from there.. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

My guess is the founders wanted to sound fancy, so they picked a foreign word (although to be fair, at least it's a foreign word that makes sense in context). But the target audience/early adopters are generally unlikely to speak French and/or understand the reference, so they pronounced it as you would in English, and it snowballed from there.. 

So uneducated Americans to the rescue? God we are so entitled and lazy...So busy thinking that we’re #1-

• Upvote 11

@allthegoodnamesrgone joined 5 years ago, a couple of months before I did. I really wonder what's going on, and if some people are just at their breaking point. @wallysmommy just flounced from the Rodrigues thread, and she had been very active with recaps.

I'm putting it down to stress, Covid, Christmas, etc. I hope all my fellow FJers stay safe and sane. This is where I come for my fundie fix, and I appreciate you all.

• Upvote 25
  • Love 23

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic