IGNORED

Joy & Austin 31: Adding Evelyn Mae

Coconut Flan

This is why Joy and Austin have always been my least favorite. According to r/DuggarSnark Joy upvoted a post on parler about how they're being censored by FB because they want to recount the votes. Austin in particular seems like a hardcore Trumper to me. Like not just voted Trump because of pro-life values (which is disgusting in it's own right) but also because he buys into the whole Trump cult.

I know that a lot of snarkers love Joy,  but honestly she's always struck me as one of the least intelligent Duggar siblings. Like she's ignorant because her parents made her that way, yes, but just like Kendra and Joe, she seems happy to be ignorant with no desire to learn more. That makes her very dangerous. She likely is just as much of a diehard Trump supporter as Austin, and she won't ever question those beliefs, only spread them. 

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 32
  • I Agree 13

Though I have some kind of a soft spot for her since her stillbirth, I totally acknowledge that she and Austin are one of the most fundie couples. Together with Joe and Kendra, who at least aren't as present on Social Media as Joy and Austin are.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

33 minutes ago, artdecades said:

Do you need a Parler account to view their accounts? I want to snark and lurk but I refuse to sign up for that cesspool

I think so. Someone on reddit did, so they might keep posting what Joy does on there 

• Upvote 4

I snuck over to see what my crazy family are reading and posting there now but I wasn’t able to figure out how to see anything without creating an account... which I will not do.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, BernRul said:

This is why Joy and Austin have always been my least favorite. According to r/DuggarSnark Joy upvoted a post on parler about how they're being censored by FB because they want to recount the votes. Austin in particular seems like a hardcore Trumper to me. Like not just voted Trump because of pro-life values (which is disgusting in it's own right) but also because he buys into the whole Trump cult.

I know that a lot of snarkers love Joy,  but honestly she's always struck me as one of the least intelligent Duggar siblings. Like she's ignorant because her parents made her that way, yes, but just like Kendra and Joe, she seems happy to be ignorant with no desire to learn more. That makes her very dangerous. She likely is just as much of a diehard Trump supporter as Austin, and she won't ever question those beliefs, only spread them. 

I’m curious as to whether a recount will settle some of the Trumpers who are buying into the fraud narrative. I have no issue with either side requesting recounts; it’s a right and more likely than not, nothing will change. If it will assuage the fears of people who naively believe everything Trump says because « he’s the president », then it’s worth the time and effort. If they plan on continuing to fight the results regardless of the recount, it’s pointless. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3

I really hope someone is paying attention to what Joy is posting. I don't want to do it myself, but I will be grateful if other people start trying to see what she is doing. Joining an evil forum can't be a good thing. 

I hope they get the Jin-Jer treatment, where people try to cancel their sponsorships. I feel a tiny bit of sympathy for Joy since she's had a really hard life. However sympathy only goes so far.  People are sad for Jinger that her life is just as limited, but Joy is either just as limited or more limited.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m curious as to whether a recount will settle some of the Trumpers who are buying into the fraud narrative.

I really doubt it. My BIL is a huge Trump fan (even though we are Australian!). Prior to the election he was all about how Trump was going to win overwhelmingly, negative polling is MSM spin,  "get wrecked libtards", etc. Post-election it's all about fraud, oppression, NWO, etc. I don't think there was a single possible outcome that would have caused him to reassess his belief that Trump = Truth.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 1

Eventually, the mass exodus of trumpers to Parler will get boring to them. It's an echo chamber. None of them is going to be the biggest dick in the room anymore; it's all dicks all the time. The fun of that is going to get old quick. No tantrums? No name calling? No conspiracy theories everyone else doesn't already know about? 

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 15
  • I Agree 3

10 hours ago, Expectopatronus said:

I’m curious as to whether a recount will settle some of the Trumpers who are buying into the fraud narrative. I have no issue with either side requesting recounts; it’s a right and more likely than not, nothing will change. If it will assuage the fears of people who naively believe everything Trump says because « he’s the president », then it’s worth the time and effort. If they plan on continuing to fight the results regardless of the recount, it’s pointless. 

There is only a right to a recount within certain percentage points/vote totals (the amounts vary by state). I've got no issue with it being properly exercised if the votes are close enough, but I've seen some Trumpers calling for recounts in states with votes outside the margins for one (particularly Virginia, for some reason I do not understand). I do have a problem with that. It's a waste of government money and resources and all hell would break loose if Biden demanded a recount in a state clearly won by Trump. 

But assuming we are accepting without discussing that the recount is a right in those states where... it actually is, then I totally agree with you. I don't know if it will do any good though.

• Upvote 13

I have a Parler acct. So far Joy has said, Hi, and posted some photos. 

That place SCREAMS safe space, there is a "Sensitive Content"  box to click, for I don't know, I thought they were the fuck your feelings party. I've been trolling for fun, we'll see how long before I'm banned for expressing my "free speech" ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 7

I still think Joy has a good heart, but unfortunately she isn't the brightest crayon in the box, which is not her fault, she never went to school essentially. She seems very honest and straightforward about her beliefs. I don't think she has the critical thinking skills that Jill has to question what she was taught.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

There's the age-old debate at what point do we hold second generation fundies accountable for their actions? 

I'm not sure whether Joy has a good heart. 

The same things apply to Austin as well. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 7

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There's the age-old debate at what point do we hold second generation fundies accountable for their actions? 

IMO, it’s when they have kids of their own and start/continue making stupid decisions where those kids are concerned. Old enough to procreate, old enough to be held fully responsible for your dumb decisions.

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 22

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think as soon as they have children and choose to raise them in the same bullshit, and also have the ability to get away financially.  They are married they have their own $$ and aren't dependent on JB or his parents they could go out on their own if they wanted to, while they may not follow their parents ridged rules exactly anymore they still have the same hateful narrow minded views and still refuse to learn anything more than they already know. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I think as soon as they have children and choose to raise them in the same bullshit, and also have the ability to get away financially.  They are married they have their own $$ and aren't dependent on JB or his parents they could go out on their own if they wanted to, while they may not follow their parents ridged rules exactly anymore they still have the same hateful narrow minded views and still refuse to learn anything more than they already know. 

I agree. Plus they are like their parents in they present an image but want the benefits of the TV fame- so we have hunting, hiking Joy making awkward videos about her ‘skincare regime’ for cash.

• Upvote 15

I remember seeing a picture of Gideon holding a book with a title that said referenced evolution being a lie. So when they homeschool we know what type of education the kids will get. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 2

On 11/14/2020 at 8:32 AM, nellautumngirl said:

I still think Joy has a good heart, but unfortunately she isn't the brightest crayon in the box, which is not her fault, she never went to school essentially. She seems very honest and straightforward about her beliefs. I don't think she has the critical thinking skills that Jill has to question what she was taught.

Hard disagree that Joy has a good heart. If you are deep into the Trump conspiracy, after seeing all of his racist actions and rhetoric that has made life a living hell for the most vulnerable people in the country, you don't have a good heart anymore. You're complicit. 

I use to be willing to think they were just misguided, even as they were trying to deport my American-raised husband for years. Not anymore. If we want to kill off Trumpism, we need to start treating it the way post-WWII Germans treated Nazism: making it clear that it's not okay.

Joy isn't a good person. She's a nuanced person, but she's a racist and an idiot. 

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 4

I try not to define whether or not anyone has a good or a bad heart because, unless they're like, stomping puppies in the streets, it can be kinda hard and subjective to...see it from the outside.

• Downvote 5
  • Confused 2
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1

1 minute ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I try not to define whether or not anyone has a good or a bad heart because, unless they're like, stomping puppies in the streets, it can be kinda hard and subjective to...see it from the outside.

true that, but from the outside it seems that voting for someone who puts babies in cages while at the same time going on on and how it is the duty of women to have babies non stop and then stand there and essentially saying sucks to be you brown baby, you should have been born to a godly white women like me seems to be the action of someone who either has a hard heart or a bigotted one. And fwiw, i consider all the Duggars to be hard, that was the only way to grow up in that household, be hard as, or as Jill used to counsel - be contend. Joy, like all the other could do with some therapy. First thing to learn is that if God is responsible for the creation of humankind, than that includes all the nonwhite people too. 

• Upvote 15

8 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

Yeah, sure, but I've  already lived the puppy stomping example.

In 2016, they voted in Trump who has hard racist policies. In 2017, he ended DACA. The last 3 years, me and my husband have been following stressful court battles that have aged me horribly. I had suicidal ideation. 

Thing is, we're the lucky ones. 

This is to say nothing about the 230,000 graves he's helped fill due to his criminal negligence. 

If you voted for him in 2016, that can be a mistake. Maybe you  If you support him in 2020? Sorry not sorry, you are just as responsible for the evil he did. The children who will NEVER see their parents again. The families split up. The PTSD from being kept in a cage. The vulnerable immigrants not knowing if they'd get to stay with their family or earn money to survive.  The asylum seekers sent back to be killed by cartels. The DREAMERS who know nothing but America and now have their lives thrown to hell.

Me, personally, trying to kill myself because I couldn't take this fucking uncertainty. 

So maybe they didn't step on puppies in front of you,  but they did to me. Joy does not have a good heart. Maybe she can redeem herself one day, but I doubt it.

Edited by BernRul
  • Upvote 18
  • WTF 1
  • Love 10

2 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

Saw this on Facebook this weekend. Some click bait about Sweden used a pic of Joy and Gideon.

Fun fact: We don't have six-hour workdays in Sweden. And we have very regular socks. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 14
  • Thank You 2

I wonder if Joy knows anything about Trump or his actions or beliefs except that he is Republican and she's supposed to vote for Republicans. She likely wouldn't have watched news events or done her own research.  He's Republican is all she needed to know. That's what she's heard all her life.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Not that josh's mom said:

I wonder if Joy knows anything about Trump or his actions or beliefs except that he is Republican and she's supposed to vote for Republicans. She likely wouldn't have watched news events or done her own research.  He's Republican is all she needed to know. That's what she's heard all her life.

They attended the Young Republican Arkansas convention, Austin has very Trumpy conservative friends if I recall correctly, and they both joined Parler, which is not just "Republican" but hardcore QAnon level conspiracies. If she didn't know when she was a kid (doubtful--go google the video of the Duggars endorsing Rick Santorum, where they specifically use the racist dog whistle "strong borders") in the last 3 years she's certainly been exposed.

But whatever, her simply being "willfully ignorant" instead of outright bigoted makes me feel a lot better about her voting to destroy my family (and unborn child, for the pro-life people)'s life.

• Upvote 17

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic