IGNORED

Joy & Austin 31: Adding Evelyn Mae

Coconut Flan

So just continuing with their complete disregard for Covid then?

Meanwhile Jill is posting podcasts and books about how to maintain relationships when your kids are adults and leave the faith.

• Upvote 17

Joy blocked me because I called her a horrible person for turning her back on the sister who raised her and has done nothing but love and care for her because daddy is mad they won't do exactly as he demands. I said none of them are very Christ like if they will toss a sibling to the trash because daddy can't control his adult children. 

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 13
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • WTF 5
  • Love 1

24 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Joy blocked me because I called her a horrible person for turning her back on the sister who raised her and has done nothing but love and care for her because daddy is mad they won't do exactly as he demands. I said none of them are very Christ like if they will toss a sibling to the trash because daddy can't control his adult children. 

But are we even sure Joy has turned her back on Jill? They might visit in private. I did notice Jill was not at the Christmas gathering?

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

But are we even sure Joy has turned her back on Jill? They might visit in private. I did notice Jill was not at the Christmas gathering?

This. I'm not really comfortable with calling people out publicly as long as I don't really know what's going on. And let's be real, no one outside the family does, in all probability.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 18
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, Tangy Bee said:

It's possible Jill wasn't comfortable going to a large gathering; she has seemed to show the most sense about the pandemic. She's also stated that some family members have been more understanding than others, so a gathering where everyone is present she might not feel comfortable, even if she would be ok hanging out with the host alone. We haven't seen Joy publicly support Jill, but we haven't seen any evidence that she's shunned her either. 

• Upvote 27

12 hours ago, SorenaJ said:

Who wear wellies inside? Honestly those people.

My niece when she was 3. She was so thrilled with her new red wellies, she refused to take them off. They had to leave them next to her all night or she would have worn them to bed.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • Love 7

2 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

t's possible Jill wasn't comfortable going to a large gathering; she has seemed to show the most sense about the pandemic.

And if they were filming, which they probably were, like Anna said - paraphrasing - sometimes the outcasts get invited and sometimes they don't.  And Derrick said he and his family opted out of filming.  

Edited by SweetLaurel
spelling
  • Upvote 5

Michelle, sisters & SIL's were there and even Jessa's SIL was there. If Joy had 1/2 a brain in her head, she would have said something along the lines of "time with my sisters, missing Jill & Jinger wish they could be here." That puts an end to any speculation, Jill was invited but couldn't make it because, reasons. The optics are bad here and they don't need any help looking bad. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Michelle, sisters & SIL's were there and even Jessa's SIL was there. If Joy had 1/2 a brain in her head, she would have said something along the lines of "time with my sisters, missing Jill & Jinger wish they could be here." That puts an end to any speculation, Jill was invited but couldn't make it because, reasons. The optics are bad here and they don't need any help looking bad. 

That is true, Jinger wasn't there either but she just had a baby. 

I kind of seesaw if the were filming or not. If they were filming, I don't think Jessa would have worn pants. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Maybe. But even in normal families, in normal times, it’s not at all strange to have one or more members just not make it to a big gathering. A kid is sick, they have something going on with their in-laws, car broke down.... there’s not necessarily some big “reason”. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, OHFL2009 said:

It's possible Jill wasn't comfortable going to a large gathering; she has seemed to show the most sense about the pandemic. She's also stated that some family members have been more understanding than others, so a gathering where everyone is present she might not feel comfortable, even if she would be ok hanging out with the host alone. We haven't seen Joy publicly support Jill, but we haven't seen any evidence that she's shunned her either. 

This seems like the most likely reasoning to me. Even when Jill has been shown on social media hanging out with Derick's side of the family, they and Israel and Sam are the only ones consistently pictured wearing masks. She's basically the only Duggar who hasn't been shown going to stupidly large gatherings, or indoor ones. She's also the only one who has publicly been tested for Covid, when I'll bet you anything the rest of the Duggars have already had it and kept quiet about it.

• Upvote 17

6 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Don’t touch the poop and then come back here and tell us about it! How many times will that have to be said? Attacking someone on social media and accusing them of something that is #1) none of your business and #2) something you can’t even confirm actually happened is gross and just makes you look bad. Good for Joy for blocking you. No one deserves crap like that.

• Upvote 31
  • Fuck You 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 10
  • Love 2

I am going to agree that we shouldn’t make assumptions about Jill being excluded. 

I am more curious about faith seewald. The seewalds live a few hours away right? I wonder if she’s staying with Jess’s and Ben to “help out”

• Upvote 16

1 hour ago, libgirl2 said:

That is true, Jinger wasn't there either but she just had a baby. 

I kind of seesaw if the were filming or not. If they were filming, I don't think Jessa would have worn pants. 

They could have been "filming" aka on their phones and submitting that to TLC and then Jessa could make sure to be only waist up.

• Upvote 3

If I were going to call out Joy for something, it would not be her relationship with Jill which is none of my business. It would be endangering the community by not social distancing; or joining Parler, a site for right-wing extremists and white supremacists. I think Parler is dangerous for our country and I keep waiting for one of the tabloids to infiltrate Parler and start outing people.  I wouldn't talk to Joy myself, because she deserves to be held accountable for those things. 

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 1

17 hours ago, Kailash said:

Don’t touch the poop and then come back here and tell us about it! How many times will that have to be said? Attacking someone on social media and accusing them of something that is #1) none of your business and #2) something you can’t even confirm actually happened is gross and just makes you look bad. Good for Joy for blocking you. No one deserves crap like that.

I'm sorry Is this freejinger? Or a Leghumper fan page? Cuz I'm getting a little confused here? And they DO deserve this crap they are HORRIBLE people. The fact that this is turning into a fan site is really fucking sad. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 4
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 23
  • Confused 1
  • WTF 1

4 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm sorry Is this freejinger? Or a Leghumper fan page? Cuz I'm getting a little confused here? And they DO deserve this crap they are HORRIBLE people. The fact that this is turning into a fan site is really fucking sad. 

FJ is not turning into a fan site. I’m not a fan of any Duggar, and have not defended any of their actions. You were out of line to contact Joy. The fact that they hold terrible beliefs does not automatically mean they deserve this kind of crap. By all means call them out for things they actually support and speak about. But don’t invent facts that you have no possible way of knowing and pretend to be outraged when you are called out. 

• Upvote 33
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

It’s not about what they do/don’t “deserve.”  It’s about coming here and reporting about how you called her (or any of them) put for something.  If you’re going to interact (or call them out) fine.  Just don’t come here and tell us about it.  That is the part that is “touching the poop.”  That may be acceptable on say, Reddit.  It isn’t acceptable here.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

If I were going to call out Joy for something, it would not be her relationship with Jill which is none of my business. It would be endangering the community by not social distancing; or joining Parler, a site for right-wing extremists and white supremacists. I think Parler is dangerous for our country and I keep waiting for one of the tabloids to infiltrate Parler and start outing people.  I wouldn't talk to Joy myself, because she deserves to be held accountable for those things. 

I have an ex-classmate who left FB and joined parler. He is Mexican. I'm sure they love him on there. 

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

It’s not about what they do/don’t “deserve.”  It’s about coming here and reporting about how you called her (or any of them) put for something.  If you’re going to interact (or call them out) fine.  Just don’t come here and tell us about it.  That is the part that is “touching the poop.”  That may be acceptable on say, Reddit.  It isn’t acceptable here.

The FundieSnark and DuggarSnark subreddits actually ban people for that. It's way more common than it is here.

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They think you're a horrible person to, would you like them all coming after you and commenting on your social media that your a horrible person when they know nothing about you and try to get you fired from you job. I think one of the things people forget about on here is that we call them horrible people who have horrible beliefs but they think the same way about us and nothing is going to change if we just keep calling each other names and bullying each other though social media. 

• Upvote 18
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 3

Thanks for bringing a dish to their "All You Can Eat Persecution Complex Buffet" I guess. 

The definition of snark is to be indirect in making critical remarks - do they deserve to have some of the shit they throw out into the tossed back into their general direction? Yeah, but that's not the point. There's a no contact rule on EVERY snark forum including FundieSnark & DuggarSnark on reddit. That seems to be a widely agreed upon rule. 

Following the rules doesn't make us all leghumpers, critiquing someone indirectly doesn't make you a fan of them. I hate Donald Trump A LOT but under your logic I should be buying a MAGA hat & hitting the spray tan booth because I'm not on Twitter every day reminding him that he's a delusional grifting pile of Cheeto dust. It must've taken some excellent, Simon Biles in the Rio Olympics, level mental gymnastics to come to that conclusion. 

Edited by fundieundies
adding a touch of seasoning to my comment
  • Upvote 22
  • Love 1

I have to admit that I often feel like this in Joy and Austin pages. It does seem to me that there is a lot of leghumping on fundie snark sites for Joy and Austin. Look at fundiesnarkers on Tumblr. 

However we don't talk to fundies. I doubt what you said did any good. It just annoys them and makes them feel a little persecuted. Or just annoyed. It doesn't make me a leghumper that I think telling her off did no good and was inappropriate.

I don't how weak or strong her relationship with Jill is. For all we know, they text whether they have a few minutes. I think it's sad if she and Jill are drifting apart, but it's not really something we can change nor something that it's our job to fix. It does say something about the fundie world and the state of the country, but it's not something for us to worry about. 

It makes me angry that none of them take social distancing and none of the tabloids/media are calling them out for it. I don't think pming them would do any good.

It's also concerning that they joined Parler. I'm really hoping a tabloid will investigate Parler or at the very least Reddit will start posting screenshots of what they're posting on there. 

• Upvote 7

I’m of the opinion that the Duggar kids can’t be considered adults at 18 years old (like normal people) because of how incredibly stunted and sheltered their upbringings have been. They need extra time (and grace) to mature. They will say stupid things, they will do stupid things, but IMO we do need to give them extra time to mature into adults. For most of them, that will involve marriage because it’s the only way to escape. They can’t learn what decent adults look like and how they act when they have no exposure to the wider world (I’m not sure if the under age Duggars are allowed phone or computer use).

So that means I have been fairly lenient in my judgements about them until they prove themselves to be bigoted arses. 

I have a lot of hope for Jill and I’ll admit that my enthusiasm for her changing and escaping has probably skated a fine line between support and leg humping.

At this stage I have very low hopes and expectations for Joy. Joining Parler is a massive nail in the coffin for me. 

Another consideration is that I personally developed a bit of a soft spot for Joy when Annabel Elise was stillborn. Nobody ever wants for someone to suffer like that, no matter how disgusting their beliefs are. I’m not sure if the same thing happened for anyone else? But I think some of the positive sentiment towards Joy comes from that. I’m not saying it’s an excuse, I’m just acknowledging it’s been slightly true for me.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic