IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

13 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I bet she thinks this sounds so educational and intelligent. But it’s just crap. 

BD35EAE2-6CA0-424E-A0C3-F0546C3DA528.jpeg

On todays episode of “when people think word salad makes them sound smart”. 

• Upvote 16

2 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Definitely not a fan, but I bet her children will be better educated than Nurie Keller's.

I don’t know. Maybe the boys. But I don’t know about the girls. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

On 6/18/2022 at 12:18 PM, Tangy Bee said:

Definitely not a fan, but I bet her children will be better educated than Nurie Keller's.

I can't imagine a worse education than the Nurthlings are destined to receive, but that bar is in the depths of hell. 

• Upvote 10

She is, of course, thrilled by the recent news and posting about it incessantly. I am comforting myself knowing she lives in a state that will continue to provide abortions and be a refuge for women despite her. 

• Upvote 10

I haven’t visited her instagram page since news broke because I know I couldn't stand seeing her gloating.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, artdecades said:

She is, of course, thrilled by the recent news and posting about it incessantly. I am comforting myself knowing she lives in a state that will continue to provide abortions and be a refuge for women despite her. 

And she will keep harassing those women walking into NY clinics. Ughh. She’s the worst. 

• Upvote 4

15 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

And she will keep harassing those women walking into NY clinics. Ughh. She’s the worst. 

Yes. She has to. It’s her whole identity. She could easily move to a state without abortion but what would she do with her life?

• Upvote 15

• 1 month later...

I think I’m the only one still paying attention to her but she’s such an asshole I can’t look away. She just wore white to a wedding. 

814BF450-6C38-42A5-8B00-E82B135449D8.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 4
  • Thank You 3

13 minutes ago, artdecades said:

I think I’m the only one still paying attention to her but she’s such an asshole I can’t look away

Now and then I check her insta but I always regret it because she makes me mad in a way few other fundies do. It's the complete and utter self-righteousness, I think, and the total lack of empathy for others. She's so convinced that she knows it all and has the perfect life and will go straight to heaven, it's quite nauseating. Everything she says just oozes arrogance. And her husband is giving me really bad Conservative asshole vibes.

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

38 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Now and then I check her insta but I always regret it because she makes me mad in a way few other fundies do. It's the complete and utter self-righteousness, I think, and the total lack of empathy for others. She's so convinced that she knows it all and has the perfect life and will go straight to heaven, it's quite nauseating. Everything she says just oozes arrogance. And her husband is giving me really bad Conservative asshole vibes.

I totally agree with all this. It truly is the whole vibe she gives off. I’m amazed anyone wants to be friends with her. I would not be able to be around her for long. She’s so vain, self absorbed, self righteous and arrogant. I always hope something happens in her life to knock her down a peg. But then I remember I have empathy and I don’t want anything bad to happen to her because I would feel guilty. Maybe I could just wish a case of urgent diarrhea downtown NYC where there are no public restrooms available. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 1

The fundies I know wouldn't say anything to her face, but would be fuming over that dress. It's still a thing in fundie circles not to wear white to someone else's wedding. 

• Upvote 4

It’s my understanding that gossip happens all the time in fundieland even though it’s seen as a sin. I’m sure she was gossiped about with that dress. 

• Upvote 9

On 7/31/2022 at 2:06 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

her husband is giving me really bad Conservative asshole vibes.

There is just something about him that give me deep in the closet vibes 

1 minute ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

There is just something about him that give me deep in the closet vibes 

I don’t get those vibes. But I have to admit he just seems overly controlled and that creeps me out. I guess I’m just uneasy around men that seem to be very controlled. Like he probably never sheds a tear. Ever. Because he has such strong control over ever emotion. Most likely due to stuffing them down and completely ignoring them. But that’s just my guess. It’s not like I actually know the guy. 

• Upvote 6

On 7/31/2022 at 5:31 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The fundies I know wouldn't say anything to her face, but would be fuming over that dress. It's still a thing in fundie circles not to wear white to someone else's wedding. 

I am not fundie (although few up semi-adjacent) and that stress would be majorly gossiped about in my circles. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I don’t get those vibes. But I have to admit he just seems overly controlled and that creeps me out. I guess I’m just uneasy around men that seem to be very controlled. Like he probably never sheds a tear. Ever. Because he has such strong control over ever emotion. Most likely due to stuffing them down and completely ignoring them. But that’s just my guess. It’s not like I actually know the guy. 

I agree. He comes off as a major douchecanoe. And a MAGAt to boot.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

Maybe it's the picture, but the lace makes it look greyish, not white IMO. It is such a sexy tight dress and I can see her black bra. Fundies have been really updating their wardrobes recently!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2

On 8/1/2022 at 10:28 PM, CanadianMamam said:

I am not fundie (although few up semi-adjacent) and that stress would be majorly gossiped about in my circles. 

Same here. Actually, where I come from, if someone showed up at a wedding wearing a white/ivory/silver-ish gown, people would demand they leave the wedding and come back with a more appropriate attire. I should mention that, where I am from, brides typically wear white for a wedding, and the expectation is that, unless told otherwise, the bride will wear white. I have seen it "in action", when one of my (clueless) aunts once wore a floor-length sparkly ivory gown to my cousin/ her nephew's wedding and was blocked at the door by the mother of the bride (my cousin's MIL) who refused to let her in.  She ended up going home to change and missed the ceremony, but showed up at the reception. 22 years later, it is still talked about. 

Personally, I wouldn't care (and did not care) what color people wore at my wedding. In fact, when we communicated the dress code, we also added a small note letting people know that the bride (me) would NOT be wearing white, and to feel free to wear what color they wished within the dress code guidelines. 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

I told my mother-in-law that my wedding colors were shades of blues and greens. She was relatively involved in the planning so she was well aware of this fact.

It was a daytime outdoor wedding on a hot summer day. Groom and groomsmen wore gray suits. Bridesmaids wore short green dresses. Not a formal wedding.

I had been envisioning her maybe in olive green or navy and knee length, but didn’t want to assign or impose. She showed up in a floor length reddish orange flame-colored one-shoulder gown. My sister in law wore a bright red evening gown. 

I think pretty much everyone agrees guests shouldn’t wear white to a wedding, but my southern grandmother also always believed no one should wear red or black either. I’ve been to and in weddings where the bridesmaids have worn black or shades of red, but as a guest I have always tried to avoid those colors.

Maybe that’s outdated now, but several years later I still get angry when I look at photos of my MIL and SIL in their bold red formal gowns. It felt like a deliberate attempt to upstage.  

Edited by Johannah
  • Upvote 5

On 6/20/2022 at 6:32 AM, EmiSue said:

I can't imagine a worse education than the Nurthlings are destined to receive, but that bar is in the depths of hell. 

The worse education than the Nurthlings will receive was administered by the Naugler's Academy of Unschooling.

• Upvote 1

I remember worrying about wearing a floral dress with white fabric to my cousin’s wedding. There were large colorful flowers on it so I didn’t think it would be that white. But I wore a yellow cardigan with it just in case. Now I look back and realize it looked nothing like a wedding dress and it was fine. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1