IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

12 minutes ago, SunnySide said:

So by this logic if anyone ever goes through a good time it makes them weak? I’m not sure that’s how life works…

It doesn’t make sense at all. I’m sure her husband has never fought in a war. So is he weak? 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 7

Am I the only one that notices some fundies get crazier once they start having sex...or this could be just my crazy opinion 🤔

• Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

38 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

Am I the only one that notices some fundies get crazier once they start having sex...or this could be just my crazy opinion 🤔

What I am about to say is a bit vulgar, so if it comes off inappropriate I do apologize. I’m putting it in a box in case it’s upsetting to anyone.

Spoiler

My friends and I call this phenomenon “dickmatized” for lack of a better phrase. Not so much now but when we were younger and getting into our first serious, physical relationships. We all grew up in a really small town with those not quite Fundie but still conservative beliefs. I’m 37 so this is early 2000’s. A time where people in our area were just beginning to accept LGBTQIA+ rights, couples living together before marriage and so on. Pop stars of the day were all over television professing the joys of abstinence. Just to put it in perspective. So as young people we go away to college, living away from home for the first time, some of us in Co-Ed buildings. The amount of friends I had (male and female) who just went whole hog,  into that first serious relationship with the attitude of “they love me and can do or think no wrong, I like everything they like, how can someone who makes me feel this good ever be anything other than perfect?” You know, the kind of relationship where the couple ends up in an echo chamber of each other…? Usually no good comes of it, a year or two later when some of your friends ask how and why you’ve changed so much and the spell is broken. As we matured we figured out this isn’t really love. It’s the flush of all the new emotions and excitement that comes with being physical with someone for the first time. My friends and I had that space and emotional support to be able to figure out the difference in what makes a relationship healthy in all aspects. Fundies do not. They often marry young, to the first person they court or date. The women are often expected (forced) to agree with everything the husband says or does. So if the husband is crazy and the wife is crazy, they will just drag each other deeper into the crazy. In their culture too finally being allowed to have sex is this huge exalted event. I can see how it would make them smug. I can see how being married to someone so exactly like yourself would also give fundies the chance to double down on every belief and become more crazy-conservative with time.  

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, SunnySide said:

What I am about to say is a bit vulgar, so if it comes off inappropriate I do apologize. I’m putting it in a box in case it’s upsetting to anyone.

Hide contents

My friends and I call this phenomenon “dickmatized” for lack of a better phrase. Not so much now but when we were younger and getting into our first serious, physical relationships. We all grew up in a really small town with those not quite Fundie but still conservative beliefs. I’m 37 so this is early 2000’s. A time where people in our area were just beginning to accept LGBTQIA+ rights, couples living together before marriage and so on. Pop stars of the day were all over television professing the joys of abstinence. Just to put it in perspective. So as young people we go away to college, living away from home for the first time, some of us in Co-Ed buildings. The amount of friends I had (male and female) who just went whole hog,  into that first serious relationship with the attitude of “they love me and can do or think no wrong, I like everything they like, how can someone who makes me feel this good ever be anything other than perfect?” You know, the kind of relationship where the couple ends up in an echo chamber of each other…? Usually no good comes of it, a year or two later when some of your friends ask how and why you’ve changed so much and the spell is broken. As we matured we figured out this isn’t really love. It’s the flush of all the new emotions and excitement that comes with being physical with someone for the first time. My friends and I had that space and emotional support to be able to figure out the difference in what makes a relationship healthy in all aspects. Fundies do not. They often marry young, to the first person they court or date. The women are often expected (forced) to agree with everything the husband says or does. So if the husband is crazy and the wife is crazy, they will just drag each other deeper into the crazy. In their culture too finally being allowed to have sex is this huge exalted event. I can see how it would make them smug. I can see how being married to someone so exactly like yourself would also give fundies the chance to double down on every belief and become more crazy-conservative with time.  

I realized in my early 20s that this happened to me anytime I dated someone new. I saw no flaws because I was so in love with the idea of falling in love. It was all butterflies and fun. I realized that I missed so many red flags because of it. I remember when I started dating my husband 15 years ago. I told him, I can’t wait until it’s been 6 months of dating because I want the “rose colored glasses” to wear off. I want to know if you are really this great, or if I’m just blind in love. 6 months came and went and he was still great. I was relieved. That’s why I’m always amazed these fundies meet, court, and marry in less than a year. How are they even sure it’s not just all rose colored glasses?

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I realized in my early 20s that this happened to me anytime I dated someone new. I saw no flaws because I was so in love with the idea of falling in love. It was all butterflies and fun. I realized that I missed so many red flags because of it. I remember when I started dating my husband 15 years ago. I told him, I can’t wait until it’s been 6 months of dating because I want the “rose colored glasses” to wear off. I want to know if you are really this great, or if I’m just blind in love. 6 months came and went and he was still great. I was relieved. That’s why I’m always amazed these fundies meet, court, and marry in less than a year. How are they even sure it’s not just all rose colored glasses?

I agree, you need to see the good and bad first. My husband and I broke up at one point and I consider it a good thing because we were strong enough to work through it, to fight to be together and put the work in. 

• Upvote 5

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s why I’m always amazed these fundies meet, court, and marry in less than a year. How are they even sure it’s not just all rose colored glasses?

I think it‘s because romantic love, which is a fairly new concept itself, is not the most important  priority. First is he the right brand of Christianity, has he the right values (for example god fearing, wants to be a leader etc.). Then if he wants to get to know a woman, he has to hit it off with her dad. Afterwards we can talk about romantic feelings. A woman probably often feels pressured to say yes to dating a man if daddy says „this is the guy god wants you to marry“. 

• Upvote 6

@SunnySide

add, that with marriage (and sex) they get finally taken serious as adults. That must give them quite the high. Normal adults had a long phase (roughly from 14-18) where they get to experience more and more responsibilities and get more and more leeway from their parents. Their thoughts and ideas get discussed more serious and they start to learn that their actions have more long term consequences than no deserts for a week (grades, choosing a job…). Most have a pretty slow and soft transition into adulthood. Fundies go all in pretty quickly in many areas. And then we have  the ones that pride themselves with being incapable of cooking, budgeting and household (I mean isn’t that what you shots have down to a t??????). They completely missed out on the phase were parents are setting less strict guidelines and let them explore and decide on their own, even if it’s not the parents preference. Self discipline, self sufficiency and practical skills seem to be less important than instant obedience, and looking pretty.  And Jesus of course. It seems there is no corrective after marriage, where as a normal 17 year old can screw up and parents can voice criticism and show support to help them learn.

I think this makes them extra obnoxious and they feel as if they have it all figured out.

Edited by just_ordinary
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

On 2/26/2022 at 1:56 PM, Nothing if not critical said:

Ashley just posted this in her stories and it's making me so mad. 😡

Reveal hidden contents

C00D6B48-C28F-47C6-A33D-1B1D0E32C026.jpeg

How does the stupid bitch not realize that this war was started by Vladimir Putin, a self-proclaimed "manly man" who hates and prosecutes gay people, and who loves to pose shirtless with guns (much like her own beloved paragon of manliness, Eric). 
How can anyone be so wilfully blind?

Not to mention that we now know "hard times make strong men" is bullshit that glorifies war. 

War makes a lot of traumatized people, who then usually pass on that trauma to others. And not just through their behavior. Traumatic events change the expression of our genes, and we pass changed genes on to our descendants for 3 generations. A lot of us, genetically, are still feeling the traumatic effects of WWII, Vietnam, etc. 

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 9

I see Ashley’s sister Anastasia (I think it is) has a fella now. I wonder when they will tie the knot 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Not to mention that we now know "hard times make strong men" is bullshit that glorifies war. 

War makes a lot of traumatized people, who then usually pass on that trauma to others. And not just through their behavior. Traumatic events change the expression of our genes, and we pass changed genes on to our descendants for 3 generations. A lot of us, genetically, are still feeling the traumatic effects of WWII, Vietnam, etc. 

I agree. PTSD was first recognized as “shell shock” from men who came home from war. War causes so much trauma for generations. It doesn’t make men “tough.” I’m sure even men coming home from war would agree. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree. PTSD was first recognized as “shell shock” from men who came home from war. War causes so much trauma for generations. It doesn’t make men “tough.” I’m sure even men coming home from war would agree. 

My grandpa, a WWII vet, used to say, "The Army didn't make a man out of me, it made me a drunk." Drinking to cope with war flashbacks was the only method available to him. He functioned "well" in that he worked and kept his family in tact, and eventually quit drinking altogether, but there's nothing in his story that screams "manly" or "tough." I loved him dearly and wished his sensitive soul hadn't had such a harsh introduction to adulthood. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 19

If war makes men manly then why are so few men in their circles enlisted in the army? Instead of cosplaying war with their weapons they could go and experience an actual  war themselves. I bet they would come off their high horse very quickly. 

@EmiSue Your grandfather must have been a very strong person to find a way around drinking despite his trauma. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, artdecades said:

The Hoover men have a type. The new sister in law could be related to the Salyers. 

6BEB4046-8528-4474-A542-A0559AAB5FAF.png

Wait, what the slayers married brothers? How did I miss that. That one in the middle looks about 12 

Didn’t they have a brother for the older sister. She is dating a clone of Ashley’s husband anyway 

• Upvote 3

20 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Traumatic events change the expression of our genes, and we pass changed genes on to our descendants for 3 generations

Huh. I’ve never heard of that. Do you have any sources for that? Not saying it can’t happen, but I’ve never heard of that and am curious how that is supposed to work.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, GreenBeans said:

Huh. I’ve never heard of that. Do you have any sources for that? Not saying it can’t happen, but I’ve never heard of that and am curious how that is supposed to work.

Epigenetics is a relatively new field! Here's some paywall-free links that go into the trauma issue in some detail: https://www.bbc.com/future/article/20190326-what-is-epigeneticshttps://www.npr.org/transcripts/947232031

• Upvote 8
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 7

10 hours ago, artdecades said:

The Hoover men have a type. The new sister in law could be related to the Salyers. 

6BEB4046-8528-4474-A542-A0559AAB5FAF.png

I bet Hannah and Ashley were disappointed the 3rd Hoover brother didn’t get with Anastasia. They would have loved being 3 sisters who married 3 brothers. Anastasia is now dating a super anti-abortion dude bro who looks like he could be a Hoover. So they all seem to have a type. 

• Upvote 11

• 3 weeks later...

Ashley posted a video of her riding in an ATV with her infant daughter. No helmet but don’t worry, she has a bow. 

B7502E2B-5527-4125-836E-7034483CC49C.jpeg

• Angry 4
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 14

The baby wasn't aborted and has been born, so she's in God's hands now and anything that happens because of lack of safety features isn't actually caused by parent neglect but it's a God who wanted the baby early. (Yes I know that she wanted to have her baby but since she's always yelling outside of abortion clinics I figured I would use the conservative "logic".)

• Upvote 19

When was this baby born? There is no way to safely back-to-back carry a baby less than 6 months (and it is questionable if it's safe to do older than that), even ignoring the ATV.  Fuck these people and their ability to have children when good couples who would actually cherish and care for a child struggle with fertility.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

6 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

When was this baby born? There is no way to safely back-to-back carry a baby less than 6 months (and it is questionable if it's safe to do older than that), even ignoring the ATV.  Fuck these people and their ability to have children when good couples who would actually cherish and care for a child struggle with fertility.

Scarlett was born November 23, so just shy of five months.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

18 hours ago, artdecades said:

Ashley posted a video of her riding in an ATV with her infant daughter. No helmet but don’t worry, she has a bow. 

B7502E2B-5527-4125-836E-7034483CC49C.jpeg

These stupid fuckers need their kids taken away from them. These are the people that are so “pro-life” they harass the shit out of others and shove their beliefs down other peoples throats…right?

Well if you’re that pro-life use the common sense your beloved God gave most people and keep your children that are already ALIVE and outside the womb safe. 

*vulgarity usually isn’t my jam, but these people are rage inducing. Also, like most decent humans I’m super sensitive to the immediate physical safety of infants and children.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Aren’t they wondered about shaken baby syndrome at the very least ffs???!!!!! This shit needs to be reported. 

• Upvote 9