IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

13 minutes ago, CanadianMamam said:

Or an O'Hara. 

If she could find a Mr. Wilkes, though, that would be funny as hell.

• Upvote 5

What do we think of Hannah's dress? 

Screenshot_20211221_212903.thumb.jpg.e62a28b3fc5805b65be27fd1d630b4cb.jpgScreenshot_20211221_212541.thumb.jpg.ff74288b684fd6a1644a62f81cac9e26.jpg

I will say, Hannah and this guy do seem more openly affectionate which is nice compared to Ashley's weird robot husband. I hate to see these fundies get married as teenagers with no chance at seeing the world or escaping the cult. 

Edited by HideousGreenShirt
Spelling
  • Upvote 9

8 minutes ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

What do with think of Hannah's dress? 

I think it’s lovely but it somehow makes her boobs look odd? Not trying to be mean, it was just the first thing I noticed.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

I think it’s lovely but it somehow makes her boobs look odd? Not trying to be mean, it was just the first thing I noticed.

It’s probably not the dress. It’s probably what she’s wearing under it. All the bridal shops wanted to sell me underwear to go with my dress. Sometimes it shapes you differently than your normal under clothing. 

• Upvote 5

Her boobs look large and prominent. Which, if that’s the look you want, I say rock it. But it never fails to amaze me that these people can preach modesty for days, marry off virginal teenage brides, and yet extremely form fitting clothing seems to be seen as fine as long as no skin is showing. The fit of Hannah’s dress is much more provocative than a strapless or low back dress that she likely wouldn’t be allowed to wear. I hope she’s happy. I’m so sad she’s sealing her fate in the cult at only 18. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

12 minutes ago, Johannah said:

Her boobs look large and prominent. Which, if that’s the look you want, I say rock it. But it never fails to amaze me that these people can preach modesty for days, marry off virginal teenage brides, and yet extremely form fitting clothing seems to be seen as fine as long as no skin is showing. The fit of Hannah’s dress is much more provocative than a strapless or low back dress that she likely wouldn’t be allowed to wear. I hope she’s happy. I’m so sad she’s sealing her fate in the cult at only 18. 

I don’t think the Salyers are that big on fundie modesty. I’m not saying they wear thong string bikinis. They wear ordinary tankinis. But they’ve never followed Gothard modest or anything like that. 

• Upvote 5

Ashley mentioned in her stories recently that some of her friends and family thought it was weird that she and her husband didn't kiss until they were married. I wonder if Hannah & her husband did the same as their sister & brother.

• Upvote 5

Hannah posted a video of their first looks and it looks like her husband kisses her (not sure forehead or lips).  These two seem much more comfortable with each other, at least physically.

Ashley and her guy are an odd couple, even in their wedding video (on her ig) he seems to barely want to touch her. Time will tell if having their baby will mellow them out at all. 

• Upvote 6

Update - they did kiss before marriage. Good for them, now run away from this horrible cult. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211222_124400.thumb.jpg.b71485b008b3e267e564b0d6099c4fc8.jpgScreenshot_20211222_124701_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.12c84ca8fcb4aa2bedcadeb84d3d6d73.jpgScreenshot_20211222_124645_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.041ea51c4c41ee777e353ae00a8523ee.jpg

Compared to Ashley and the robot, who basically pushes her away after their first kiss. 

Spoiler

Screenshot_20211222_125540_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.94cd9e4271c0dd25238ec45e4f4cfc62.jpgScreenshot_20211222_125553_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.3572ea12c15ee7d4ec3c491c76600fd2.jpgScreenshot_20211222_125634_com.instagram.android.thumb.jpg.f07f999a6a5f101b2b3a50543e053078.jpg

The whole Salyer family is bizzare. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1

I think putting an extreme amount of rules about physical affection before marriage makes things incredibly awkward. I think it’s a horrible idea. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

18 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think putting an extreme amount of rules about physical affection before marriage makes things incredibly awkward. I think it’s a horrible idea. 

We say it all the time, but these people are way more sex-obsessed than 95% of secular people.

That said, I'll also agree with @Nothing if not critical ... Girlfriend has some serious boobs/boobage on display. They were the first things I noticed too, but that could just be because as a busty lady, I'm always looking for new, non-surgical ways to tame/obscure the girls.

• Upvote 2
  • Confused 1

Dam 18 Year old Boobs look great, sigh, my 43 year old ones miss being perky 18 year old ones. Ah well she has got good ones. Knock em dead while ya have them, Hunny!!!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 4

• 2 weeks later...

Ashley has this in her stories today. I keep being amazed at how much fundies don't get Jane Austen's message.

Spoiler

C7E7A305-6EEC-406D-9521-34A8B083D745.thumb.jpeg.845d062134659eefb26ee80f056b753b.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • I Agree 4

50 minutes ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Ashley has this in her stories today. I keep being amazed at how much fundies don't get Jane Austen's message.

Hide contents

C7E7A305-6EEC-406D-9521-34A8B083D745.thumb.jpeg.845d062134659eefb26ee80f056b753b.jpeg

If anyone pointed out the messages portrayed in P&P, she would claim it’s just the liberal agenda trying to ruin the work of Austen to fit their feminist narrative. 

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Their baby is just darling - she looks like a little doll.

I’m sure she will use her gorgeous little doll to shame women on the street out of having an abortion. Poor baby. She’s a prop for mommy and daddy. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m sure she will use her gorgeous little doll to shame women on the street out of having an abortion. Poor baby. She’s a prop for mommy and daddy. 

Sadly. I wish there were no children born into these cults.

• Upvote 5

12 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

Sadly. I wish there were no children born into these cults.

It’s unfortunate all the these fundies don’t take a vow of celibacy and get themselves fixed. 

• Upvote 5

That "Pride and Prejudice" thing is pure insanity. First of all, and I know this is considered heresy by some, I find Mr. Darcy to be insufferable. Just a rich, arrogant dude who thinks that telling Elizabeth, "Hey, I find your family to be the Regency equivalent of white trash, but I guess you aren't so bad, so I would marry you despite, again, the albatross of your pathetic family." The only man I like in that novel is Bingham. But that all very well may have been Austen's satirical point.

Second of all, Austen herself never got married. If it was a time of such chivalry and romance, and if she was so attuned to that, why did she never get married? Why did she write and publish her writing, when that was not exactly conventional for women of the time period? Shouldn't they be upset that Jane Austen was a woman who (gasp!) actually took pride in her intellectual capabilities?

Third of all, the Regency was not a time of innocence. The Regency era is literally named after a guy (Prince Regent George, future king George IV) who had a multitude of mistresses, a guy who mistreated his wife, a guy who was the poster child for dissipation and debauchery. If Ashley had been alive during the Regency, I'm sure she would've said that actually this was an era that had killed innocence and beauty and blah blah, things would be so much better if we all went back further and modeled our relationships after the Roman de la Rose.

Fourth of all, and I promise I'm about to stop, the two adaptations that she mentions were made in modern times. So clearly even us fallen heathens of the late 1990s and early 2000s were capable of appreciating ~beauty~ and ~culture~ and ~chivalry~. Those adaptations were not like little-known sleeper hits or cult films. They were acclaimed and they remain extremely popular, so to say that people these days have no appreciation for the romance of a man and a woman brushing hands is ludicrous. Hell, they just made an adaptation of Emma, and all people on tumblr talked about was the Yearning and the Hand-Touching and the Meaningful Stares. You are not special for enjoying those types of romances! It's honestly a pretty typical fantasy! The solipsism required to believe that you're some kind of super cool rebel for finding the "Pride and Prejudice" adaptation with Colin Firth hot...far too much.

• Upvote 25
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Ashley had a picture of a dead fetus on her Instagram story. Is she insane!?😳

Yes. 
She also carved her Hallowe’en pumpkin in the shape of a fetus. She is definitely obsessed.

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 2

13 hours ago, Tangy Bee said:

Ashley had a picture of a dead fetus on her Instagram story. Is she insane!?😳

Oh that’s very normal for these types. I have to look at giant pictures of bloody dead fetuses when I drive past planned parenthood. 

• WTF 1

She just called her baby Scarlie on Instagram. What a horrible nickname. But I suppose it’s better than Scar and Scary! This is why you always need to consider the nicknames when you are naming a child. If there are no good Nick names and you know you’ll call your child a Nick name, maybe that’s not the best choice. Personally I would call her Lettie before I would ever call her Scarlie. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She just called her baby Scarlie on Instagram. What a horrible nickname. But I suppose it’s better than Scar and Scary! This is why you always need to consider the nicknames when you are naming a child. If there are no good Nick names and you know you’ll call your child a Nick name, maybe that’s not the best choice. Personally I would call her Lettie before I would ever call her Scarlie. 

Carly would be another decent alternative such as Lettie. 

• Upvote 4

On 1/15/2022 at 10:27 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

Carly would be another decent alternative such as Lettie. 

Yes, why not just go with Carly?

This is why we didn't use the name Audrey, because I hated all the short forms. And while I like Bree, I didn't like Aubrey nearly as much. 

• Upvote 5