IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

@GuineaPigCourtshipdo ya think he was hoping a baby would come later than sooner? Sure, I know he will absolutely adore the baby once he/she arrives, but for now he isn't all that hyped about it. Well he had better let it settle in because Ashley might  be very fertile. Talk the talk....but can you walk the walk?🤔

• Upvote 2

I just hope that this is because he's a stoic person and not that he doesn't plan on being overly involved with the women's work of child rearing. That kind of gender role is particularly harmful, and I always hope that seeing their own child will soften people in the cult.

I am an incredibly stoic person in front of everyone but my husband, and I bawled uncontrollably when I heard my daughter's first wail.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 6

• 3 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Adrienne83 said:

She had the baby. A little girl. For some reason I thought she was having a boy?

I don't think she ever revealed the sex. 

• Upvote 3

11 hours ago, Adrienne83 said:

She had the baby. A little girl. For some reason I thought she was having a boy?

I thought so too? I feel like she hinted boy. 

• Upvote 5

same here, I think she hinted that she's having a boy cause i was positive that it is a boy and I was surprised to see the baby in girls clothes to be honest.  

On 11/6/2021 at 12:57 AM, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I just hope that this is because he's a stoic person and not that he doesn't plan on being overly involved with the women's work of child rearing. That kind of gender role is particularly harmful, and I always hope that seeing their own child will soften people in the cult.

I am an incredibly stoic person in front of everyone but my husband, and I bawled uncontrollably when I heard my daughter's first wail.

We are constantly watching young fundie fathers over excited when having their firstborn, no matter the sex of the baby. Some of them may not be very involved in child rearing, but their emotion is visible. Yes, Ashley's husband may just be stoic, but a stoic person looks seriously-relaxed... He looks bored and tense and the filter makes him look like a Ken doll. But Ken's smile is warmer. Very weird.

• Upvote 1

Eric’s little brother looks a lot like him and Ashley’s little sister looks a lot like her. So pics of those two together is just weird. I wonder if their wedding pics will look just like Ashley and Eric’s. 

A267C118-EC0D-45E1-AE35-CD0DC96B6535.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

If not for the kids sake, I would wish her hyperfertility and happy kids that never sleeps. 

And the evil cynical part of me would wish her an extrauterine pregnancy. Like I had. In her world I propably should have died as a martyr.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

• 3 weeks later...

I think Hannah is 18 and getting married. My mind can’t comprehend this and I’m so glad I’m not fundie. 

I have some gossipy news from the Salyer family. Do you guys remember when Ashley posted that her aunt died from covid in January of this year? Her dad’s brother Peter and her aunt had 10 kids! It was very sad. But I came to say Ashley’s uncle Peter has already remarried! And to a much younger woman! 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • WTF 18
  • Thank You 5

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think Hannah is 18 and getting married. My mind can’t comprehend this and I’m so glad I’m not fundie. 

I have some gossipy news from the Salyer family. Do you guys remember when Ashley posted that her aunt died from covid in January of this year? Her dad’s brother Peter and her aunt had 10 kids! It was very sad. But I came to say Ashley’s uncle Peter has already remarried! And to a much younger woman! 

Are you sure she wasn’t poisoned? I know he most probably remarried for a new permanent babysitter/legitimate sex release but the mind does wonder… 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, AussieKrissy said:

Are you sure she wasn’t poisoned? I know he most probably remarried for a new permanent babysitter/legitimate sex release but the mind does wonder… 

Every widowed fundie guy with a bunch of kids to take care of marries soon after their spouse dies. They can’t handle being a breadwinner and taking care of the kids and homeschooling. They probably realize very quickly how much work their wife did and immediately start looking for a replacement. Fundie widowers usually remarry faster than fundie widows. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1

This is totally BEC, but Ashley‘s standard photo pose is so irritating! That tilted head! The knee! The crooked feet! The hunched shoulders and the fake smile! Makes me want to punch her. *rant over*

Spoiler

5C205838-7E7A-4A55-97A6-9B761A28D1FE.jpeg

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

This is totally BEC, but Ashley‘s standard photo pose is so irritating! That tilted head! The knee! The crooked feet! The hunched shoulders and the fake smile! Makes me want to punch her. *rant over*

Hide contents

At least she’s not showing off her post baby belly. When she was pregnant, she couldn’t take one picture without showing off and accentuating her bump. 

• Upvote 6

On 12/1/2021 at 1:36 PM, HereticHick said:

"We are so thankful to announce the arrival of our firstborn daughter, Scarlet Jeanette Hoover. Born at 4:50pm on 11-23-21, weighing 7 lbs 3 oz."

I honestly prefer Scarlett with 2 T's, but I know it is optional: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scarlett_(given_name)

"Scarlet Hoover" sounds like a red vacuum cleaner.  That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the name.  

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 19
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, HeartsAFundie said:

"Scarlet Hoover" sounds like a red vacuum cleaner.  That was the first thing that came to mind when I saw the name.  

I personally think it was chosen by her husband because he’s a big Ohio state fan. The colors of Ohio state are scarlet and gray. If they have a son with the middle name gray I will roll my eyes out of my head. 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 8

On 12/19/2021 at 7:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I personally think it was chosen by her husband because he’s a big Ohio state fan. The colors of Ohio state are scarlet and gray. If they have a son with the middle name gray I will roll my eyes out of my head. 

Husband's coworker named his baby after a famous English footballer without his wife even realizing it (think Beckham, but slightly less obvious).

• Haha 3

On 12/19/2021 at 6:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

It will probably be Grayson 😝

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

On 12/18/2021 at 4:37 AM, Nothing if not critical said:

Hide contents

Looks like she's insecure about being tall, maybe? Fundie culture probably messes up girls' and women's body images even more than our regular, crappy culture.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 12/18/2021 at 11:47 PM, HeartsAFundie said:

"Luckily," they'll marry her off young and she will be a pariah if she doesn't take her husband's last name. Let's hope she doesn't marry a Mr. Letter!

• Haha 8

1 hour ago, PlentyOfJesusFishInTheSea said:

"Luckily," they'll marry her off young and she will be a pariah if she doesn't take her husband's last name. Let's hope she doesn't marry a Mr. Letter!

Or an O'Hara. 

• Haha 5