IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

In case you're wondering if Ashley is still a hateful lunatic or if married life is keeping her busy, here's this from her Instagram story today:

Screenshot_20210408_133747.thumb.jpg.19f59e7d87e361005c62c0b3ed8bf058.jpg

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 1

She's been posting Instagram stories lately about how Derek Chauvin is innocent. I just can't even fathom the cognitive dissonance she displays in her social media posts...

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 4
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, indianabones said:

She's been posting Instagram stories lately about how Derek Chauvin is innocent. I just can't even fathom the cognitive dissonance she displays in her social media posts...

She’s under the mindset that because George Floyd was a “thug” (not my word or belief) it isn’t murder. 

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 8
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 4

6 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

She’s under the mindset that because George Floyd was a “thug” (not my word or belief) it isn’t murder. 

It's definitely murder and Chauvin is a POS, but I still don't get why they picked George Floyd of all people to rally around. It would be like if hell had broken loose in support of Brock Turner.

Now, the army medic that was just pepper sprayed, let's riot and protest over that guy. That one everyone can get behind. Same with Botham Jean.

• Fuck You 6
  • Downvote 12
  • Disgust 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • Eyeroll 2

I used to work as a nurse for a guy who was a retired air force vet and then a cop. He mellowed in old age but admitted to being a pretty power-hungry jerk when working in law enforcement. And honestly, that's been my experience with most people who work in law enforcement (though I'm sure not all; admittedly I don't know many cops).

Now, I do not believe in the "defund the police" movement, and I think law enforcement is a keystone of civilized society. But I do wonder if law enforcement just attracts violent, power-hungry people due to the nature of the work? And if so, how do we keep police recruitment and respect for police high while also keeping the bad ones out if the line of work tends to attract racist, thrill-seeking or aggressive people?

I don't mean to offend anyone with this post. Just musing on a hard topic.

• Upvote 6
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1

It doesn't matter what type of person George Floyd was. It wouldn't matter if he was guilty or innocent of the crime they were arresting him for. Nobody of any color should be treated that way by the police. They are not in charge of determining guilt and sentencing as they're not judges (and that would not be an acceptable punishment in sentencing). The fact that this disproportionately happens to people of color is an atrocity which can no longer be swept under the rug.

I don't hate the police or even believe most are bad. My father-in-law is a retired officer and I have several friends who serve currently. Doesn't change my opinion on those who do wrong because, like all groups, the police are made up of individuals.

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 1

I think if you want a better pool of recruits, you have to pay them more. As long as it remains a fairly low paying job you aren’t going to get the best and brightest, that’s for sure. Why would I risk my life daily when I could make a lot more money doing something else?

• Upvote 5

10 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

It's definitely murder and Chauvin is a POS, but I still don't get why they picked George Floyd of all people to rally around. It would be like if hell had broken loose in support of Brock Turner.

But George Floyd wasn't a rapist? The crime he was accused of was a misdemeanor--attempting to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. We don't hand out death sentences for something as minor as that. He was not doing anything violent when the police were called. He was not stopped in the act of murdering, raping, assaulting, or robbing. It's hyperbolic and insulting to compare George Floyd to Brock Turner.

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 3

10 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Now, the army medic that was just pepper sprayed, let's riot and protest over that guy. That one everyone can get behind. Same with Botham Jean.

Because NO PERSON (full stop, no exceptions) deserves to be murdered? 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

30 minutes ago, Anna Bolinas said:

But George Floyd wasn't a rapist? The crime he was accused of was a misdemeanor--attempting to pass a counterfeit $20 bill. We don't hand out death sentences for something as minor as that. He was not doing anything violent when the police were called. He was not stopped in the act of murdering, raping, assaulting, or robbing. It's hyperbolic and insulting to compare George Floyd to Brock Turner.

Who am I thinking of that's the rapist then? Wasn't there a guy that was in the process of kidnapping kids and then was being tased and still fighting back?

Why did I think he was George Floyd?

OH MY GOD. Found it. My brain is merging George Floyd with the Kenosha, Wisc. stuff ala Anthony Huber and Joseph Rosenbaum, a couple of months later. I'm a dumb-dumb. Sorry y'all.

• Bless Your Heart 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Eyeroll 3
  • Thank You 1

• 1 month later...

Ashley is preaching at us that racism isn’t a problem in America, but also all us pro-choice people are actually racist. 

46A94223-64B5-4783-9D26-C41166EF176A.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 7

Wow. And another fundie who never seizes to amaze me when it comes to ignorance, ego and arrogance.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

Nathan and Ashley would both have deserved each other.... and I don't mean that in a good way.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 2

Seeing her and her husband maskless on the subway made me roll my eyes so hard. Things are easing up in NYC but masks are still required on mass transit...I doubt they are vaccinated so they really don't care. So much for being pro-life....the irony. 

• Upvote 14
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 1
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 4

Yep, being maskless on the NYC subway really shows how much love he has for others, Ashley. 

AB766A8A-E051-403D-9197-0344F1142DB7.png

• Upvote 4
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 3

I don't know what it is about Ashley, but I find her really infuriating, more so than almost any other fundie we discuss her. Maybe it's because it seems she could have so much potential if she didn't choose to be stupid. But maybe I'm giving her too much credit and she really is that dense.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Ooh and we get this today too. Nice to know bodily autonomy isn’t actually a right. And is it just me or does this bit about “the elites” and “children’s blood” sound a little blood libel adjacent? 

A8435472-B044-41D9-B5E8-F1D11F38D0E9.png

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 1

On 5/23/2021 at 6:07 AM, LurkerOverThePond said:

Nathan and Ashley would both have deserved each other.... and I don't mean that in a good way.

Back when Nathan and Ashley broke up,  I thought Ashley was lucky in getting away from him, but now I think, yeah, they probably deserved each other.  Only difference now is that Ashley has found someone who would stay in the big city and be her partner in whatever annoying/dumb things she wants to do.   If she married Nathan she would have to be the partner in the annoying / dumb things Nathan wanted to do.   And move of course.

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

10 hours ago, lumpentheologie said:

Ooh and we get this today too. Nice to know bodily autonomy isn’t actually a right. And is it just me or does this bit about “the elites” and “children’s blood” sound a little blood libel adjacent? 

A8435472-B044-41D9-B5E8-F1D11F38D0E9.png

I think it is an aside to the qanon thing where they say that hollywood is drinking the baby blood/endocrine  and into child sex trafficking 

• Upvote 6

I'm going full hipster and saying I had rats with human scalps before Fauci made it popular.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10

4 minutes ago, GuineaPigCourtship said:

I'm going full hipster and saying I had rats with human scalps before Fauci made it popular.

This made me chuckle and gag at the same time lol 

• Upvote 4