IGNORED

Ashley Salyer: Stalking Planned Parenthood and Rejecting Bateses

HideousGreenShirt

5 hours ago, HideousGreenShirt said:

I think one of the worst things about Ashley and her sisters and I suppose these groups in general protesting and harassing people is emotional maturity.

These are people who have literally never been alone with a (non-related) member of the opposite sex, never held hands or kissed somebody, never had a deep, meaningful conversation with someone. All they've done their entire lives is read and memorise the Bible. Any life experiences they've had, have been through their church or through a strict religious organisation. They don't have a single clue about how much a woman could have gone through to come to the decision to have an abortion. 

It's pretty disgusting to me that these young girls feel entitled to approach women going through such an intense time and attempt to emotionally blackmail them with their bible learnin'.

Ashley frequently posts intimate details about the women she encounters at PP - names, life situations, drug use, the procedures. She also always paints the male as an abuser. While I'm sure there are some people who could be abusers, I'm also sure that some of the men accompanying their partners to appointments at PP are just not thrilled at some teenage girl angrily spewing Bible verses and yelling about murder. 

There's also plenty of women, both single and married, that are just living their lives, have a birth control fail, and get an abortion because they have zero desire for a child. No drama, no mental anguish, just your standard medical procedure and the relief that comes from being over and done with it.

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 10
  • Love 2

14 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

There's also plenty of women, both single and married, that are just living their lives, have a birth control fail, and get an abortion because they have zero desire for a child. No drama, no mental anguish, just your standard medical procedure and the relief that comes from being over and done with it.

Yes, absolutely! These girls completely lack emotional maturity and independent thinking. They treat every person they see walking into PP as a victim in need of saving, a potential murderer, etc.  When in reality, a good percentage are going in for health care or a procedure they want. 

It makes me furious that these clueless, judgemental girls stand out there every day demanding to know intimate details of total stranger's lives and bodies and post them all over the internet.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery. If I had realised what it was sooner, before the tube ruptured, I would have had to have what counts for an abortion in their narrow little world view. Not having it would probably have killed me. So, who to murder? The unborn who cannot possibly live, or the woman who can go on to have more babies? 

The evil part of me hope every one of the screaming idiots end up in a situation were their life is on the line. The problem is that some of them might choose martyrdom.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 3

20 minutes ago, Thorns said:

I had an ectopic pregnancy and had to have surgery. If I had realised what it was sooner, before the tube ruptured, I would have had to have what counts for an abortion in their narrow little world view. Not having it would probably have killed me. So, who to murder? The unborn who cannot possibly live, or the woman who can go on to have more babies? 

The evil part of me hope every one of the screaming idiots end up in a situation were their life is on the line. The problem is that some of them might choose martyrdom.

I had a miscarriage earlier this year. I’ve had to unfriend pro-life friends over their triggering graphic images and descriptions of abortions. If fundies are so dang pro-life, maybe they could think twice before treating hurting women with such insensitivity.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 15

@Johannah mostly to her Instagram stories. If you click through to the Love Life page, you can watch posts of Ashley and her sister talking about "saving lives".

Here's a couple of examples from Ashley's stories and their testimonials from the organisation's page:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200901_213432.thumb.jpg.74ea3ff41802ad353457a3c15c5e3095.jpgScreenshot_20200901_213521.thumb.jpg.b6204b64041a692e80b361416c9e49e8.jpg

Screenshot_20200901_214059.thumb.jpg.5d43d05ab97fc9e8a9f3e592caa0cbaf.jpgScreenshot_20200901_214126.thumb.jpg.5c44237b07813335c95665be5fc05bfb.jpg

Screenshot_20200901_213449.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On behave of all New Yorkers, I want to smack her so hard. Who even listens in NY? If I see shit like that I give the middle finger and keep walking. TBH I think Scientology probaby has a file on me because when we walked by the center on the way to the Chinese Gramen hand print thing they tried to recruit and I loudly said never in a million years you're crazy. oops

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OyToTheVey said:

On behave of all New Yorkers, I want to smack her so hard. Who even listens in NY? If I see shit like that I give the middle finger and keep walking. TBH I think Scientology probaby has a file on me because when we walked by the center on the way to the Chinese Gramen hand print thing they tried to recruit and I loudly said never in a million years you're crazy. oops

Sadly, I'm sure she is able to take advantage of the fact that some young ladies might be going into this alone, might feel a bit lost, vulnerable, also maybe misinformed. Even if it's the city, these people find a way to prey on the vulnerable to push their views. They find the one person that might going through something hard, and then they come in, saying they've got the solution, that God will love them, that they'll find salvation, etc.

• Upvote 7

Omg I’ve actually been to that exact planned parenthood on bleecker Street multiple times for Pap smears when I didn’t have health insurance. There were never any protesters and I remember thinking it must be because it’s Manhattan and who there is opposed to abortion rights and out picketing? Ashley Salyer, that’s who. 

• Upvote 13

Uh-oh...Ashley showing off her cooking skills. Saw her dinner on an Instagram story and it actually looked delicious. Had Justin Bieber for background music. Was a little surprised by that but I guess he's approved by "some" fundies since he's a baptized Christian now. Looks like Ashley is being a good little wife and getting back home to make dinner on time. ?

• Upvote 5

On 9/2/2020 at 11:52 PM, front hugs > duggs said:

She was listening to Yummy, his new song, which is definitely NOT about food...

It's ok, they're married now.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • Love 2

Wait what she just got married? Saw the pictures/video, she looks pretty but also like a smug arrogant bitch that needs to leave other people and their medical decisions which dont affect her alone. 

• Upvote 8

I cannot believe that in a world where Jill Rodrigues exists I'm saying this, but Ashley might be one of the worst fundies I've encountered. 

I took some screenshots from her recent stories that she posted on Instagram after she and her gang of sidewalk "counsellors" were giving out details of all women with murdered children they'd saved/failed to save that day. Just.... I don't have words:

Spoiler

Screenshot_20200912_221359.thumb.jpg.8f4349d6b8bbddb5445538d6e071272c.jpgScreenshot_20200912_221417.thumb.jpg.eca4f685412d58f30d544eac9f5a9033.jpgScreenshot_20200912_221342.thumb.jpg.c31a5c2761f6c9e3de90de4548502720.jpgScreenshot_20200912_221327.thumb.jpg.da48525101fcf0e846bc1af7f61b812e.jpg

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Salyer family? I know that she has 3 sisters (Anastasia, Hannah, older married one with kids) and some digging revealed that these three much younger adopted children are biological siblings. What is the story with Ashley's parents? They are obviously deep into ATI/IBLP but what else do we know about them? 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 2

I was wondering WTF they were talking about re: Dr. Torres, but apparently in a Tweet responding to a anti-choicer:

"No.
You know fetuses can't scream, right? I transect the cord 1st so there's really no opportunity, if they're even far enough along to have a larynx.

I won't apologize for performing medicine. I'm also a "uterus ripper outer" if that's how you'd like to describe hysterectomy."

However, that Tweet was in March 2018, and there's no mention anywhere I can find about what the hearing is about. I also wouldn't call the Tweet bragging, Ashley.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 3

On 9/12/2020 at 4:38 PM, HideousGreenShirt said:

I cannot believe that in a world where Jill Rodrigues exists I'm saying this, but Ashley might be one of the worst fundies I've encountered. 

I took some screenshots from her recent stories that she posted on Instagram after she and her gang of sidewalk "counsellors" were giving out details of all women with murdered children they'd saved/failed to save that day. Just.... I don't have words:

Hide contents

Screenshot_20200912_221359.thumb.jpg.8f4349d6b8bbddb5445538d6e071272c.jpgScreenshot_20200912_221417.thumb.jpg.eca4f685412d58f30d544eac9f5a9033.jpgScreenshot_20200912_221342.thumb.jpg.c31a5c2761f6c9e3de90de4548502720.jpgScreenshot_20200912_221327.thumb.jpg.da48525101fcf0e846bc1af7f61b812e.jpg

Does anyone know what the deal is with the Salyer family? I know that she has 3 sisters (Anastasia, Hannah, older married one with kids) and some digging revealed that these three much younger adopted children are biological siblings. What is the story with Ashley's parents? They are obviously deep into ATI/IBLP but what else do we know about them? 

She doesn’t have an older married sister. She has an older married brother that is married. She calls her sil sister. She has a bunch of younger siblings too. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

On 8/27/2020 at 6:44 PM, AussieKrissy said:

I’m in Australia and that happened to me too. 

And me too. Which prompted me to make a donation to Planned Parenthood. To circulate some good karma into the world, I made the donation in "honor" of the "Orange in Chief" and VP Pence. You know, because. ;) 

Edited by Shouldabeenacowboy
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 2

Ashley: If children believe they're essentially good, they'll think whatever they do MUST be good

Wow, what a SODRT logic fail. 

• Upvote 3
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 6

I get lost trying to understand what she was trying to say there. @lumpentheologie my reaction was for Ashley, not you. Somehow I still manage to get surprised by how bad they are at spreading their message. I guess we are luckily many are so lazy in everything, it potentially saves us. I mean that like Jrod claims to have saved many people just by giving put a pamphlet or speaking two min in a line, so many of the young are incapable of explaining themself clearly and people could likely escape them after a few minutes 

Edited by Italiangirl
Adding some thought
  • Upvote 7

Someone tried to save me when I was on an outing with my church group in high school.  It was super awkward.  My minister said I must have looked like the most godless in the group, which may have been true because I did become an atheist in the next few years.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • Love 1

She's a young fundie, idealistic, full of energy and with looots of free time. She has picked a "hobbie" that keeps her busy and makes her feel great, no matter it implied making others feel miserable.

She needs a job, clearly and urgently. How long has she been married? I fear she will be pregnant soon, and her "street ministry" showing a big belly will be far worse and insulting.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 6

Has it already been a month that she is married? I'm not aure. It seems like it happens yesterday and at the same time months and months ago...this may be bad but I wish she had bad morning sickness at least all trough her first trimester and can not go outside picketing at clinic and insulting wiman. Then she will be busy decorating the nursery and preparing everything for the new blessing, and this "hobby" will be pushed aside 

• Upvote 6