IGNORED

Bro. Gary Hawkins 15: Not Sweet Fellowshipping with JRod - Yet

nelliebelle1197

Gary, I don't watch the TV for my news. Nor do I get it from insane conspiracy theorists online.

I generally doze off to MeTV at bedtime (haven't seen all of the Alfred Hitchcock episodes yet), maybe take in some Star Trek I missed in first run or want to watch again - that's about it.

And I've been savvy about ads, and not let them make me crave things, since my pre-teen years.

image.png.fd16cada5619537aaaf0699da51b00eb.png

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 4

On 11/2/2020 at 1:46 AM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I'm surprised Becky can afford a gastric bypass. 

I am 100% sure they get medicaid and I believe medicaid pays for weight loss surgery.  I watch "my 600 lb life" and I remember reading on a message board about medicaid paying for it.  They don't pay for skin removal surgery (considered cosmetic) but they do pay for weight loss surgery.

• I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

On 11/2/2020 at 6:38 AM, thoughtful said:

Gary comes up, and explains that his wife and son couldn't be with him this trip, because she's having some procedures this week, then surgery on the 9th. He asks prayers for her, then for himself, because he can't remember anything without her - he left the prayer cards and something else he needed at the hotel.

While talking about his weight loss, he says that his wife "has to have that - ah call it the fat surgery, is the only way ah know how to say it, ah'm a hillbilly, ah didn't go to school to learn all that other stuff, amen, but uh, do pray for her."

Why is Gary so proud of not knowing... words?

Pretty sure when I went to school they never taught me about gastric bypasses but I still know what that is.

• Upvote 10

"Surely, laziness and ignorance shall follow me all the days of my life..."

You have to admit, that's Gary to a T.

And I don't think TV has "blinded" the eye of the people.  Frankly, I'm not sure that he is saying what he means there.  I think he wants to say that television has captured hearts and minds.  If it blinded people, they couldn't watch it. 

I love the part about the world doing its "worldly deeds".  One doesn't see a lot of anthropomorphizing of the entire world.  So, our world isn't lazy and ignorant.  It's out there doing its deeds.  Cool.

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I think this election got some non-believers praying hard.

Just not the way GHaw and JRod wanted people to pray.

• I Agree 10

With the help of we can. And I hope God is not using up all of the toilet paper.

Spoiler

image.png.a9af9e93ecdb5884719e59fbb689aadc.png

Gary wants to do more for got.

Spoiler

image.png.ee42ceac2dea4a1f09db584438678a8d.png

image.png.563df5f885d16c6ab1bf36d120d22b23.png

image.png.aa4aa081ef3f25b619ed55656c757ed9.png

Edited by thoughtful
  • Haha 10
  • Thank You 1

Gary was live on Facebook, and we see this lovely tableau (reminiscent of van Gogh's bedroom in Arles, I think):

Spoiler

image.png.4fd36aaaf70a8009e84d7747e1ec940a.png

Gary watching a TV? Horrors! But it's a still picture over a recording of one of his beloved old-time preachers, Carl Lackey, screaming about Johnny Carson cussing like a sailor and other sins.

I guess this is Gary's way of self-comforting, since Trump is losing.

We find out where he got the habit of calling his listeners "honey."

Gary chuckles, yells, moans, laughs, and comments.

Speaking of comments:

Spoiler

image.png.6cd50bf840fb871b87a714dd4b49ec95.png

• Haha 13
  • Thank You 1

He could go back to eating his weens in gravy and God would call him home sooner.

• Haha 10

15 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary wants to do more for got.

Hide contents

image.png.ee42ceac2dea4a1f09db584438678a8d.png

image.png.563df5f885d16c6ab1bf36d120d22b23.png

image.png.aa4aa081ef3f25b619ed55656c757ed9.png

I don't believe him anymore about not knowing how much weight he's lost.  He's sure to have been somewhere with scales and his curiosity would get the better of him.  I think he says that so he can pretend that he's lost more than he really has.

For the record, I can tell he's lost weight.  My guess would be around 30 pounds -- which is significant.  But he hasn't lost 50 pounds.  And now that he's already given up some foods and started exercising, he's done the easy loss first.  It will be harder to get rid of the rest unless he walks way more and eats way less.  

I wonder if he started this because of Becky's planned surgery?  Maybe he decided he'd rather try to lose weight himself than undergo surgery.  On that, I'd agree with him.

Is he planning to combine soul winning with "weight loss coach"?  Is this going to be his side business like Jill and Plexus?

• Upvote 9

53 minutes ago, Xan said:

I wonder if he started this because of Becky's planned surgery?

I was thinking that he shamed her into doing something after he started, and she chose surgery, but, considering how long it probably takes to schedule something like that, you may be right.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

On 11/5/2020 at 1:34 PM, AmazonGrace said:

I think this election got some non-believers praying hard.

There have been several time recently that I wished I was a believer, because then I could pray. Instead, I watch Time Team episodes and try not to hyperventilate. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 2

When Biden is president and the churches are not shut down and religious education is not banned I wonder what Gary will fear monger about. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Botkinetti said:

When Biden is president and the churches are not shut down and religious education is not banned I wonder what Gary will fear monger about. 

He’ll find something.  I’m sure of it.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Let's catch up with Bro Gary, shall we?

Spoiler

image.png.1c30c03aa12bd5177f7f064c8df87723.png

image.png.66a5c297bcc13ef031f0edb5a1b6fee0.png

image.png.a926c86f0c7bddde70ed147a5ed4d938.png

Also:

image.png.ef0054304bf2374c8177842b981de3c1.png

Gary was happy - he managed to get in his electric chair reference and, no doubt, felt he won the Who Is the Biggest Fanatic contest.

Spoiler

image.png.9b507b5784452de48b4deb259d0c0c26.png

Spoiler

image.png.7e12b9340a6d08af27de3e8c03fce9e3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 8
  • Love 1

Facing impending surgery, with her idol losing re-election and her husband laughing at old-time preacher videos and arguing about who will be killed first for continuing to preach under an evil regime of Democrats, Becky actually posted something adorable (that I can't believe I've never heard before, in almost 50 years of teaching!):

Spoiler

image.png.68eaafa949053d43588336096be9d1a5.png

• Haha 15

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Rebuke him - he says it's fine.

image.png.9f50b199fc1a5723bfe866f7ab5ec529.png

Yeah, they beat Paul and Silas and put them in jail but then they were quickly released.  I'm not sure that helps Gary's argument.  And we aren't "in the last days" -- or at least no more than we were ten years ago.  Sure, the planet won't last forever but Gary seems to anticipate Jesus coming back any day now.  No, on second thought, he thinks Jesus is "coming right now".  (I pause to look around.  Nope.  Sorry Gary.  He must have had a previous engagement.)

"Turn or burn".  I hadn't heard that one in a while.  "Get on our knee's"?  His misplaced apostrophes are starting to make me feel a tad stabby.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 1

Gary probably didn’t see Biden’s speech, where he actually mentioned God. Which Trump never did, AFAIK. But Biden is an ebil Catholic so...

• Upvote 13

19 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Gary probably didn’t see Biden’s speech, where he actually mentioned God. Which Trump never did, AFAIK. But Biden is an ebil Catholic so...

He is an ebil Catholic  who is not Amy Coney Barrett, who, as all illogical fundie schmucks know, is the only good Catholic in the whole wide world, and one of only a handful of women who should be working.

Stupidity and hypocrisy is a bad mix, dudes.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 3

• samurai_sarah locked this topic