IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

I don't think these people care if they spread Covid. If their grandmother dies they will be happy she has "gone to be with Jesus" and they could not care less for anyone who is not in their circle.Their whole religion and culture seem so selfish and mean spirited that I'm not surprised they act callously - even when to act kindly involves very little effort on their part.. Fundamentalism is just plain hateful.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 9

On 9/20/2020 at 5:50 PM, Italiangirl said:

Have you checked the number, in the rest of the word? So India, Russia, France, Germany, Uk, are all in shit because in the Us is an election year?

I think this means we should officially be calling it the Trump pandemic. I mean don't forget China, Indonesia, Israel (back in three week lockdown!), Chile, Argentina, Brazil, Singapore, Malaysia, PNG, Australia...

Honestly the "it's because of the US election!" just makes me laugh - yeah countries around the world totally locked down starting from January in some places because of a domestic US election in November.

Are they sure the aim wasn't just to off Boris Johnson? It makes about as much sense.

On 9/20/2020 at 5:52 PM, Smash! said:

avoid downvoting posts whenever possible but these are lies straight out of 45s playbook.

And Q-anon. I really do wonder who's running Q-anon and what their actual agenda is. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

And, since Allison has been married all of 6 weeks, she knows exactly what marriage is and should be (and how yours is not up to par).

God made marriage to be far more than what we see in far too many marriages. When we follow His plan, marriage is SO GOOD!

Your marriage ain't any good because you don't do it her way. 

• Upvote 15
  • Haha 1

What does Allison mean when she says " when we follow His plan, marriage is SO GOOD". What does she think godless feminists who are married to someone they love are missing?

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 1

6 hours ago, Ozlsn said:And Q-anon. I really do wonder who's running Q-anon and what their actual agenda is. 

I’m pretty sure Q is some teenage kid in the Ukraine, with one hand on the keyboard, and the other on his dick.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 4

4 hours ago, browngrl said:

What does Allison mean when she says " when we follow His plan, marriage is SO GOOD". What does she think godless feminists who are married to someone they love are missing?

Paternal permission and political rally speeches at their wedding presumably.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

Based on the photos we’ve seen of the Helferich daughters, the skirt extenders the Bontrager women wore around them, and the one Allison is wearing in her most recent photo, Jeremiah's family appears to have extra-conservative standards for women’s dress: skirts must be fully below the knees. 

I really wonder what he’s like, and how his fundie-ness will affect their relationship. Allison seems like she would gladly do many things expected of a picture-perfect fundie wife, but if Jeremiah expects full submission from her I think they are going to have problems.  

• Upvote 13

4 hours ago, Dominionatrix said:

Based on the photos we’ve seen of the Helferich daughters, the skirt extenders the Bontrager women wore around them, and the one Allison is wearing in her most recent photo, Jeremiah's family appears to have extra-conservative standards for women’s dress: skirts must be fully below the knees. 

I really wonder what he’s like, and how his fundie-ness will affect their relationship. Allison seems like she would gladly do many things expected of a picture-perfect fundie wife, but if Jeremiah expects full submission from her I think they are going to have problems.  

The skirt extenders are awful and honestly make each outfit seem way more revealing, because they look like underwear or a slip.

Now i'm really curious about Denver and whichever Helferich girl. Will she get rid of the extenders or no? I suppose Denver also may be fine with her wearing pants. IIRC the Maxwells are skirts only, but John is totally fine with Chelsy wearing pants.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

So when it comes to dress standards she married into a family that is even more strict than her upcoming? I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't so smug and such a know-it-all. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

I didn’t know what a skirt extender was so I looked it up. It’s a petticoat, or a fancy slip. I don’t know why it’s back in fashion or why people wear them but they took a petticoat and called it something else so that it’s okay for it to be visible. But when you’re wearing it under a skirt that’s already modest, it’s just a slight alteration on a petticoat, like women wore for a long period of time. And in all that time they weren’t meant to be visible. But for fundies they have to be visible so that you can see how super holy they are.

anyone else who finds themselves with a skirt that’s too short for an occasion would just....wear a different skirt. I shop at thrift stores exclusively for clothes and long skirts are not hard to find, at all. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

23 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I didn’t know what a skirt extender was so I looked it up. It’s a petticoat, or a fancy slip. I don’t know why it’s back in fashion or why people wear them but they took a petticoat and called it something else so that it’s okay for it to be visible. But when you’re wearing it under a skirt that’s already modest, it’s just a slight alteration on a petticoat, like women wore for a long period of time. And in all that time they weren’t meant to be visible. But for fundies they have to be visible so that you can see how super holy they are.

anyone else who finds themselves with a skirt that’s too short for an occasion would just....wear a different skirt. I shop at thrift stores exclusively for clothes and long skirts are not hard to find, at all. 

Exactly. And skirts are one of the easiest things to sew. I’m a horrible seamstress and I could likely make a skirt. I’ve seen my mom make them enough to figure out how. When I was young, I only sewed scrunchies and pillows, lol. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Exactly. And skirts are one of the easiest things to sew. I’m a horrible seamstress and I could likely make a skirt. I’ve seen my mom make them enough to figure out how. When I was young, I only sewed scrunchies and pillows, lol. 

Or why don't these fundy maidens who are supposedly such great homemakers simply buy long skirts/dresses at thrift/consignment shops and HEM THEM UP???

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

TIL that skirt extenders are a thing. When I was a young woman, showing your lingerie (either accidentally or on purpose) was considered the direct opposite of being "modest." It took me years to get over my pearl clutching when showing a bra strap was no longer considered a wardrobe malfunction. I remember sewing in holders for some of my tops so they could not slip and expose a bra strap. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, Kelsey said:

I remember purposely showing my bra strap trying to entice a boy that I really liked (and I knew liked me) on the school bus in high school. ?

I’m 41 and still do that with my husband. High romance! 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 15

I just toss my bra when I want to get some "attention" from my boyfriend.. works like a charm everytime he notices I'm not wearing anything underneath my top ?

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6

From what I can tell, the skirt extenders tend to be worn by young fundie maidens who want to wear trendy shorter dresses while still fulfilling stringent modesty standards. 

IMO, most of the time they call more attention to the legs than they deter. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, ophelia said:

So when it comes to dress standards she married into a family that is even more strict than her upcoming? I'd feel sorry for her if she wasn't so smug and such a know-it-all. 

After hearing the wedding tales of Jeremiah dragging a woman to church and chasing a Sunday School student with a garden hose I worry he could be abusive and even Allison doesn't deserve that.  

Edited by SPHASH
Correction
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 2

30 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

After hearing the wedding tales of Jeremiah dragging a woman to church and chasing a Sunday School student with a garden hose I worry he could be abusive and even Allison doesn't deserve that.  

I’m honestly hoping his father was exaggerating. But who knows. 

• Upvote 5

Allison has put her husband and marriage on such a pedestal, I think it will be hard for him to always live up to that.  Before she got married, she waxed poetic about marital ideals and they seemed unrealistic to me. Assuming the best, and they really love each other, it will still be hard for him to live up her dreams for them. If it's an arranged marriage or marriage of convenience, then disappointment is even more likely.

He seemed bored at the wedding. (In his defense, everyone talked too much.) I doubt he would be settling down at such a young age (he's 24) if he wasn't fundie. If they were dating and non-fundies, I imagine she would want to spend all her time with him and he would want to hang out at the bar watching sports with his buddies.

I don't know if he's controlling.  The story of him dragging someone to church could be an inside joke. Allison might like a guy who's controlling, like the whole Twilight phenomenon. Young girls tend to see possessiveness as proof of deep feelings. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

3 hours ago, front hugs > duggs said:

Me during quarantine: what even is a bra?

Still me. I only have to go to work 2 days a week. Sometimes only one. 

I put a bra on to go out in public. Given I have little reason to do that these days, every time I do put one on, my body clenches at the discomfort. 

Apparently, since our cases are rising, we're going to be doing more video training/calls than being in the office - plus the next two weeks where I self quarantine after a wedding. If I have to start putting a bra on while I'm at home, I could get really cranky. I need to test out video angles to try to keep myself....free.

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Nobody deserves that. And Allison has been so desperate to get married that she would probably put up with a lot from her husband since it is her duty as a loving fundie wife.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 2

Liz is Becky’s clone. 

Who do you predict she will marry? Joe Xiques? A Bowers boy? A Duggar boy?

B5658352-33D5-4A3A-AA70-186702A0AE4F.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic