IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

I think Justin and Claire could potentially have children at a fast pace as well when they get married. After all, he's 18, and she's not that much older than he is. I wouldn't be surprised if there's another pregnancy announcement before Christmas from them, whether it's a honeymoon baby, or one born around the time of their first wedding anniversary.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 3

So now (as far as we know) Jessa, Anna, Lauren, Jinger, and Joy have had miscarriages. Jill, Abbie, and Kendra have not. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

Between following the fundies, a birth podcast, and some (self-titled) infertile women on instagram, and knowing my own parents' conception history, I'm realizing that miscarriages actually seem more common than not. Like, I haven't even started trying for a family and I'm already preparing myself to have at least one. I don't mean that to be disrespectful at all - it's a terrible loss that I would absolutely grieve if it happened, and having multiple is an absolute nightmare (my parents had two MCs following me and were so traumatized they stopped TTC altogether, making me an only child). It just almost seems like a given at this point - or do we hear more about it in the fundie community because they are TTC many, many times so there are just more chances for things to go wrong?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

And if I remember correctly, a non viable zygote and fetus are more likely to be miscarried than a fully healthy one. As an example, a zygote affected with Trisomy 13 or 18 would more likely be miscarried than an un affected zygote.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, VeryNikeSeamstress said:

Ok. First Babygeddon announcement of 2021 is Jessa. How many more are waiting in the wings?

I feel like this baby will be female, but likely because we're in the midst of a Duggar pink streak.

I would bet money that Anna is pregnant. I didn't believe the rumors but I saw a video and I'm convinced now.

The baby on Jessa's sonogram looks almost fully developed. I am predicting she is due in late May or early June.

2 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

What about Jill? II think she and Derrick may be trying for a third. He said something in their Christmas video about maybe having an infant by next "Christmas." If they don't have an infant, I could see maybe see Jill pregnant by Christmas. 

I say Joy will be pregnant with her third by the end of the year. 

I don't think Derrick wants more than 3 kids. I think he was pretty happy having one other brother. I feel he's encouraging Jill to be more like his family, where his mom worked and went to school. I am predicting Jill will get a degree in a few years. If it weren't for the pandemic, Jill would have Israel (and eventually Sam) in public school, freeing up a lot of her time. In fact, I believe one reason why they planned on putting the kids in public school (rather than homeschool) is because Jill wants to take classes. Jill seems hungry to learn and was studying for the lay midwife exam while pregnant. She also took Spanish classes, I believe. I don't see her stopping.

Edited by luv2laugh
  • Upvote 11
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 5

I think they’re way more common than we realize. My first (and only) pregnancy ended in a miscarriage. Both grandmas had a couple. My best friend had one. Her sister had one or two. The ER doctor who told me I had a molar pregnancy said her first pregnancy was a miscarriage. I could name about a dozen other former classmates and coworkers that have had them. Even my kids’ birth mom had one. 

• Love 9

18 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And if I remember correctly, a non viable zygote and fetus are more likely to be miscarried than a fully healthy one. As an example, a zygote affected with Trisomy 13 or 18 would more likely be miscarried than an un affected zygote.

Yes. The vast majority of miscarriages occur bc of aneupolidy (aka extra or missing chromosomes). Most often it is an embryo that would never develop into a fetus/baby; it is incompatible with life.

This is one of the many reasons why fundies irritate me so much. While it’s great that they are publicizing and normalizing miscarriages, naming them and viewing them as the loss of a baby/person is misinformed and misguided. Not that the SOTDRT would have taught them anything about human biology and embryonic development.

People have the right to grieve however they see fit, but it is misleading to act like these losses were potential babies that somehow suddenly died in utero. And also sad for the fundies! Some of them might be doing it to support their anti-choice agenda, but I think most of them really do not understand what happened. Poor Lauren seems like she was sent into a deep depression by a very common 5 week loss. 

I have had two miscarriages, and while I grieved the loss of the babies I had thought they would become, I actually found it enormously comforting to know that they most likely had abnormal chromosomes and were not capable of becoming actual children. I think I would have had a harder time with a situation like Erin’s, where repeat miscarriages were likely caused by uterine/environmental factors that could have been prevented. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

So now (as far as we know) Jessa, Anna, Lauren, Jinger, and Joy have had miscarriages. Jill, Abbie, and Kendra have not. 

Yes, but sometimes (by their descriptions) I wonder if they count late periods/chemical pregnancies as miscarriages. Obviously not Joy, but some others. Don't get me wrong, they had a loss and it's always hard, but doctors don't consider miscarriage what happens around the period due date. I think it happened to Lauren and to Anna, but of course I can be wrong.

• Upvote 8

So, is it time for Jessa and Ben to move up to larger home in the Duggar stable of properties?  (Maybe JD and Abbie could take over their house) I've never quite understood why the Duggar construction/remodeling empire hasn't tacked an addition onto their little house yet. I always assumed there was enough space in back to add an extra bedroom and bath.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

So, is it time for Jessa and Ben to move up to larger home in the Duggar stable of properties?  (Maybe JD and Abbie could take over their house) I've never quite understood why the Duggar construction/remodeling empire hasn't tacked an addition onto their little house yet. I always assumed there was enough space in back to add an extra bedroom and bath.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jessa said she liked having a small house because it's less to clean? It could be that she's trying to make it work for as long as possible because bigger house = more work for her.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

7 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Jessa and Ben's baby will be the 21st grandchild after Kendra and Joseph have the 20th. 

If there isn't someone who hasn't announced yet but will deliver before (not looking at you Kendra)

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Jessa said she liked having a small house because it's less to clean? It could be that she's trying to make it work for as long as possible because bigger house = more work for her.

The thing is, they’re at a point where keeping a house that small clean is going to be a constant chore. With a bigger house, you can set aside space for the kids and let that area be messy while the rest of the house stays reasonably clean. Currently, there is no space for the kids to just play without it also being in their living space. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

The thing is, they’re at a point where keeping a house that small clean is going to be a constant chore. With a bigger house, you can set aside space for the kids and let that area be messy while the rest of the house stays reasonably clean. Currently, there is no space for the kids to just play without it also being in their living space. 

Good point! We have a 3 bedroom and we opted to have our girls share a bedroom so we could make the 3rd bedroom a play room. Sometimes, when the rest of the house is clean, I just close the door and pretend that room doesn't exist ?

• Upvote 16
  • Haha 28
  • Love 3

14 minutes ago, VineHeart137 said:

Good point! We have a 3 bedroom and we opted to have our girls share a bedroom so we could make the 3rd bedroom a play room. Sometimes, when the rest of the house is clean, I just close the door and pretend that room doesn't exist ?

I do this with our playroom too! I could never have an open concept home. I need to be able to shut doors so I can forget the mess behind it until I get the time to clean it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

So, now that we know Jessa had a miscarriage, I’m wondering if the “brother bee” and “sister bee” shirts were originally supposed to be part of an announcement shoot like we originally speculated, but since she miscarried, we never actually got the announcement. The pictures of the kids in the shirts were posted in September, and if she miscarried shortly before or after those were posted, then she could still be due during summer like she put in her post today. I’m sure we’ll never know, but that crossed my mind today after I saw that she miscarried. 

• Upvote 22
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

5 hours ago, quiversR4hunting said:

She did have Jana and John David the next year (age 24) but yeah, mind-blowing. And Kendra has had all single births. Her body hasn't had recovery time. ?

Kendra has always at least 6 months recovery. That's different than having no recovery time. See Courtney Rogers. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

6 hours ago, Knight of Ni said:

I am 32 and had to stop at "Michelle had 11 kids by age 32." I have two and that's the most I'll ever have. Even reading that someone had 11 kids by my age almost made me pass out from exhaustion. I honestly can't even imagine.

I am 46 and have one kiddo.

the thought of 11 nearly made ME pass out too!!

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

So, now that we know Jessa had a miscarriage, I’m wondering if the “brother bee” and “sister bee” shirts were originally supposed to be part of an announcement shoot like we originally speculated, but since she miscarried, we never actually got the announcement. The pictures of the kids in the shirts were posted in September, and if she miscarried shortly before or after those were posted, then she could still be due during summer like she put in her post today. I’m sure we’ll never know, but that crossed my mind today after I saw that she miscarried. 

I think more likely that's for this pregnancy. If shes due in June, she likely conceived in September. While it could be later in the summer, that ultrasound looks like a more developed baby due in May or June. The  again if shes announcing now around the standard 14 week mark, she could be due in July or so.

• Thank You 1

7 hours ago, luv2laugh said:

The baby on Jessa's sonogram looks almost fully developed. I am predicting she is due in late May or early June.

Jessa said she was due in "late spring" with Ivy. She was due in early June. She says she due in summer this time, so I'm assuming past the first day of summer.  

2 hours ago, freethemall said:

I think more likely that's for this pregnancy. If shes due in June, she likely conceived in September. While it could be later in the summer, that ultrasound looks like a more developed baby due in May or June. The  again if shes announcing now around the standard 14 week mark, she could be due in July or so.

If she's 14 weeks, she would be due in mid-August.  Jessa generally announces when she's farther along. 

Based on all this, I think she's due in July. 

• I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic