IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

10 hours ago, clueliss said:

I haven’t heard of pure life.  But doTerra is an MLM along the lines of Young Living.  

I haven't heard of young living but I see jamberry has died in the arse. I must admit the only MLMs I like are Tupperware (though overpriced) and nutermetics. I dont know if Avon is classed as a MLM but I love me some avon. and back in my teen years I loved laReve with the knock off perfumes.

• Thank You 1

7 hours ago, Oh_Dear! said:

Whatever white supremacist comments she’s getting, she must be deleting. Just skimmed through all comments and they’re all about how sweet, precious, adorable and so on, Ivy is. 

Look for the comments that only have ? on them.

• Thank You 2

I don't need to ask my question... I found the answer online.

Edited by Bobology
unnecessary question

On 1/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210107-145656.thumb.png.acd1bdcdad2871c5930370696b3a4d88.png

To take yesterday's attempted coup and turn it into a narrative about how you, a white man, are being persecuted is a special kind of narcissism.

Any goodwill I had towards Ben has pretty much vanished as of today.

I'm not surprised by this at all! I am, however, surprised by how many of you think that this statement of his is at all at odds with his stance at the previous election.

My 'never Trump' republican fundie family member, who has literally said that 'Trump has the instincts of a fascist dictator' could have written this exact message. He is climbing the walls that Biden and Harris are in, but he'd have been doing the same if it were Trump and Pence - he thinks that both options are essentially evil but that a Democrat government will be out to persecute Christians. We have asked him on a number of extreeeeemely animated video calls what precisely he fears, besides abortion, and it goes something like this: 

• the federal govt will be weaponised against anyone with conservative social/religious beliefs
  • Christians will be prevented from running/standing for govt office (look at what happened to Amy Coney Barrett)
  • Christian schools and universities will be banned
  • cannot run businesses according to their conscience, ie obliged to bake cakes for gays
  • all Christians to lose their publishing deals

Basically that Christians will be prevented from fully taking part in mainstream society. We have pointed out that much of Europe and the UK are secular countries and Christians seem to do OK (maybe not so much other religious groups, particularly Muslims who have known real, terrifying persecution particularly in the last 20 years but the Christians are mainly invested in what new legislation will mean for THEM, and not their browner neighbours)... also that the US is so much further to the right politically than the UK, and a greater proportion of its citizenship are practicing Christians, including many Democrats, so it's highly unlikely that the new government's mission is to suppress Christianity.

But anyway. These fears are real. Many people have them. My family members who feel this way are highly intelligent and well-educated. And as much as it can sometimes look like there's a straight-up binary between Republican and Democrat, that's not how it is lived out, we all know that. It is possible to reject Trump but still cling to many very right-wing/conservative opinions, and actually if more Republicans had any shred of integrity, that's what they'd have done too.

I just don't see this as a change in Ben. I never took his objections to Trump as meaning he was at all left-leaning, or his trendy wokeness as an indication that he would embrace policy that might actually HELP minorities. His integrity is 100% what it always was.

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

When Alyssa Bates got bunk beds for her kids, she soon after announced a pregnancy, Now Jesse is redoing her kids room with bunk beds or something similar, plus her stomach in her new video, is Jessa Pregnant?

• I Agree 5

2 hours ago, raayx01 said:

When Alyssa Bates got bunk beds for her kids, she soon after announced a pregnancy, Now Jesse is redoing her kids room with bunk beds or something similar, plus her stomach in her new video, is Jessa Pregnant?

I honestly don't make speculation based on presence of a "bump" because it's rude and not accurate. BUT the fact that she's wearing bulky clothes and getting her kids into new beds makes me think she'll announce soon. More June babies?

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, EmiSue said:

I honestly don't make speculation based on presence of a "bump" because it's rude and not accurate. BUT the fact that she's wearing bulky clothes and getting her kids into new beds makes me think she'll announce soon. More June babies?

I haven't seen her or checked out her clothes, but simply the fact that she's a duggarling, has three kids (and the youngest turns two in a couple of months) means that I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

27 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't think there's any Duggar pregnancy announcement that could surprise me. 

Johannah would be a bit surprising. And Michelle would probably get some attention too.

But of the currently married Duggars/Duggars-in-law, you're right, none would be surprising.

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 17

23 minutes ago, viii said:

I agree that none would surprise me, either, but this got me to thinking...

What if a howler inseminated a young lady? Although far-fetched, it could happen. And what if the young lady refused to marry said howler immediately? How would JB handle this? With hush money? By kicking out said howler? By sheepishly admitting that such things can happen and that is why they are so strict? By telling all the world that their family is seeking god like never before? I really do wonder how it would be handled within their family and publicly.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

If there was a child born out of wedlock, I don't think the public would EVER know about it, unless the mother made it public. The Duggar camp would deny, deny, deny. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, viii said:

Michelle!?

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 7
  • Love 2

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Michelle!?

She's only 54. I know that's typically too old for natural conception, but with medical intervention, a pregnancy announcement from Michelle would not surprise me. 

• Move Along 1

Yes I keep forgetting how young the first-gen are, like both Michelle and Kelly Jo aren't even in their sixty! They are still so young! It would be normal if they only had like the two/tree youngest of both families and instead they are both grandmas of several kids. 

56 minutes ago, Italiangirl said:

Yes I keep forgetting how young the first-gen are, like both Michelle and Kelly Jo aren't even in their sixty! They are still so young! It would be normal if they only had like the two/tree youngest of both families and instead they are both grandmas of several kids. 

Several? Michelle has close to 20 grandkids. I am 10 years older than Michelle, my kids are 33(soon 34) and 30. I have 1 granddaughter, and no more on the horizon.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Bobology said:

I agree that none would surprise me, either, but this got me to thinking...

What if a howler inseminated a young lady? Although far-fetched, it could happen. And what if the young lady refused to marry said howler immediately? How would JB handle this? With hush money? By kicking out said howler? By sheepishly admitting that such things can happen and that is why they are so strict? By telling all the world that their family is seeking god like never before? I really do wonder how it would be handled within their family and publicly.

Pro-life sanctimony and enough financial support that people couldn’t criticize them. Tyler and Amy were both born out of wedlock; they’re aware that it’s something that happens.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, displayname said:

Looks like we're seeing the first stages of kid stacking.

Getting all the Emily flashbacks.

• Upvote 4

14 hours ago, viii said:

If there was a child born out of wedlock, I don't think the public would EVER know about it, unless the mother made it public. The Duggar camp would deny, deny, deny. 

Michelle would pull a Desperate Housewives, buy a fake belly and claim the kid as her own.

• Haha 12

18 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Several? Michelle has close to 20 grandkids. I am 10 years older than Michelle, my kids are 33(soon 34) and 30. I have 1 granddaughter, and no more on the horizon.

I'm 43. In a fundie world, I could be pregnant at the same time as my eldest daughter, while dealing with 4 teenagers, a couple pre-teens and several other children, maybe even a toddler. 

When I think of that, I'm sooo happy with my life!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

On 1/7/2021 at 10:59 PM, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210107-145656.thumb.png.acd1bdcdad2871c5930370696b3a4d88.png

To take yesterday's attempted coup and turn it into a narrative about how you, a white man, are being persecuted is a special kind of narcissism.

Any goodwill I had towards Ben has pretty much vanished as of today.

"Christians" always means "Christians exactly like us". It does not mean Joe Biden, who is Catholic but also a Democrat.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 17

2 hours ago, clueliss said:

Sadly, I totally agree with @seraaa - because I've seen/experienced that sort of thinking in my extended family. 

Yes, many of these fundies would say that Catholics aren't Christians, they are "cult members".

• Upvote 7
  • Eyeroll 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic