IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

Did Ben really get a JOB?, Bobby went into ministry and quit to become a plumber because he made no money, Ben will get paid something, but is it really a job or a place for Jessa to send Ben so he can play adult.

• Upvote 10

12 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Did Ben really get a JOB?, Bobby went into ministry and quit to become a plumber because he made no money, Ben will get paid something, but is it really a job or a place for Jessa to send Ben so he can play adult.

The Bates women marry men with jobs, and obtain skills to support themselves because they do not have daddy’s money to rely on, which is good. The  G-2Duggars have and will, for the most part, never be self sufficient. They all have relied on daddy’s money to survive and support their families. Even Jill, despite moving away from her family, has proffered off the name and brand. And, Yes, I realize that she worked her entire life for that money. In the long run, I think having to support yourself and your family gives you more autonomy, power, confidence...to explore and form your own opinions values and beliefs.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

The Dyggars adult kids are all lazy.  The apples dont fall far from the tree. There us no expectations to that bunch. They all have gotten used to easy  t.v money and fame. Their spouses are no better, they chased them because they knew they were famous,  chasing fame , starting with Anna and Josh. I doubt if it weren't for t.v money,  Kendra, Abby, and the other wives would not be married to a  nerdy Duggar man. Thier familes wanted to be famous as well. Kendra was practically sold off at 18.  The Bates absolutely use fame and thier name as well. You just have to go back to when they were first introduced on 17 kids and counting, compared to how they live today.  Big upgrade in lifestyle. Most of   Bates girls ,Alyssa, Erin, Josie  Carlin , are a far more attractive  bunch than the Duggars. This is why they can score more successful husbands. These girls would have been high school cheerleaders or popular sororities girls. The Duggar girls are average cute, with the exception of Jessa. If Jim Bob could have found them  more successful  rich husbands, he would have jumped on board with that one. 

• Upvote 2

Gil actually wants the boys to have a job before he lets them marry his daughters, but I think Jimbob prefers having his son in laws not be non that position Sao then its easier to control them, I mean what honest father would let a 19 year old barely in college to go for a ministry degree that will take him 7 years to complete marry there 21 year old daughter and start popping out kids when you can't afford it and are not mature enough. Jimbob and Ben don't even agree on many religious things, but he's only in the family because he's controllable. 

• Upvote 23

I had a weird dream Jessa announced she was pregnant with a girl and named it some horrendous made up J name. This dream was me reading all this and the subsequent comments about it on fj. I was a bit shook when I opened fj in my sleepy state and not read further comments for it to dawn on me it was a dream. 
thanks for reading my hazy sleep filled comment. Lol 

Ps now I’m tipping a girl pregnancy soon for Jessa. I wish I could say it was because of the dream. But more likely just duggar probability lol. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, raayx01 said:

Gil actually wants the boys to have a job before he lets them marry his daughters, but I think Jimbob prefers having his son in laws not be non that position Sao then its easier to control them, I mean what honest father would let a 19 year old barely in college to go for a ministry degree that will take him 7 years to complete marry there 21 year old daughter and start popping out kids when you can't afford it and are not mature enough. Jimbob and Ben don't even agree on many religious things, but he's only in the family because he's controllable. 

JB is also oddly competitive with his sons, so I’m sure that also extends to his SILs. He doesn’t want them to be more successful than he is. Another reason he likely despises Dillard. Dillard is far more educated and worldly. 

• Upvote 21

On 12/21/2020 at 9:27 PM, clueliss said:

Summary of Jessa’s latest video.

she talks about homemade cleaner ( white vinegar, distilled water, drops of YL thieves in a spray bottle.  Thieves is bought via Amazon).

Ughhhh I saw 5 seconds of that because it popped up in my YouTube list for some reason. YL is a pyramid scheme, everything is a chemical, plenty of essential oils are toxic, including thieves, it can absolutely matter if your kids lick it off the table, because it can be toxic. People just spout nonsense about “nontoxic” and “chemical free” these days without really knowing what it means. She isn’t sanitizing anything. If she spills raw chicken juice on the counter, vinegar and thieves isn’t sufficient to sanitize that.

Vinegar can be a good cleaner, though. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

2 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Ughhhh I saw 5 seconds of that because it popped up in my YouTube list for some reason. YL is a pyramid scheme, everything is a chemical, plenty of essential oils are toxic, including thieves, it can absolutely matter if your kids lick it off the table, because it can be toxic. People just spout nonsense about “nontoxic” and “chemical free” these days without really knowing what it means. She isn’t sanitizing anything. If she spills raw chicken juice on the counter, vinegar and thieves isn’t sufficient to sanitize that.

Preach, sister.

Im actually really worried about the number of fundies shilling essential oils these days. But there is so much more to be concerned about ... 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

49 minutes ago, adidas said:

Preach, sister.

Im actually really worried about the number of fundies shilling essential oils these days. But there is so much more to be concerned about ... 

It’s ALL concerning. I totally agree

Saw this on twitter and it's accurate:  Christians in America claim persecution. You aren’t being persecuted for loving Jesus you are being held accountable for not acting like him.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 2

On 1/12/2021 at 8:47 PM, raayx01 said:

Bobby wanted to be a minister, but he needed a job immediately after getting married. I think the average salary for a preacher is $30,000+ a year. I think having the TLC money allowed Ben to continue studying to become a preacher. Ben also has an associates degree in political science. I also think he

I think the Duggar sons-in-law vs the Bates sons-in-law thing is a bit exaggerated. I feel the same way about the Duggar boys vs the Bates boys. 

Edited by Stop_Counting
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Absolutely, about vinegar. I used to use it to clean in the kitchen all the time. (Until I got granite countertops.) But I don’t consider it to be effective enough at sanitizing. I always used some type of disinfectant cleaner for messes like raw chicken. 

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, Knight of Ni said:

Absolutely, about vinegar. I used to use it to clean in the kitchen all the time. (Until I got granite countertops.) But I don’t consider it to be effective enough at sanitizing. I always used some type of disinfectant cleaner for messes like raw chicken. 

Thanks for mentioning not using vinegar with granite countertops. I used to use it all the time in our old house which had formica countertops. Fortunately, since we moved to this house, I wash down the countertops with hot sudsy water, then rinse with hot water. If we have been handling meat, I wipe afterward with a chlorox wipe and let them dry. 

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Thanks for mentioning not using vinegar with granite countertops. I used to use it all the time in our old house which had formica countertops. Fortunately, since we moved to this house, I wash down the countertops with hot sudsy water, then rinse with hot water. If we have been handling meat, I wipe afterward with a chlorox wipe and let them dry. 

Are you in the US? I haven't been able to find Clorox wipes since covid, so I make my own now. With Pure Life Essentials water, a few drops of Pure Life Essentials peppermint oil, and 1/2 tsp of Pure Life Essentials Miracle Essence. Juuuuust kidding. I make it out of paper towels and bottles of rubbing alcohol. ?   

• Haha 27

2 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Are you in the US? I haven't been able to find Clorox wipes since covid, so I make my own now. With Pure Life Essentials water, a few drops of Pure Life Essentials peppermint oil, and 1/2 tsp of Pure Life Essentials Miracle Essence. Juuuuust kidding. I make it out of paper towels and bottles of rubbing alcohol. ?   

Ngl, I was all set to type an angry post on why pure life sucks.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 10

3 hours ago, tanba said:

Ngl, I was all set to type an angry post on why pure life sucks.

Wait is pure life real? I thought I made it up!? Off to google now... OMFG it's REAL! That's insane. 

Edited by fluffernutter
googling my not-actually-made-up oil company
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, jljohnson527 said:

Anyone else sleeved out by the white hearts all over Jessa’s posts lately?

She's getting comments on them from white supremacists. I'd love to think that she's oblivious but it's hard to tell...

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 2

Is pure life like doterra? I’m avoiding that shit like the plague. Every bastard is trying sell me it. Also getting hit with Herbalife fml

• Upvote 1

I haven’t heard of pure life.  But doTerra is an MLM along the lines of Young Living.  

• Upvote 2

She's getting comments on them from white supremacists. I'd love to think that she's oblivious but it's hard to tell...

Right. Like I know it’s an Instagram-mom flex to have all white home decor with toddlers too.... so maybe, only because I do believe she’s actually that dumb.

But brings to mind wholesome mom posts with “#BlackGirlMagic ??” and similar, but disgustingly inverted in her case.

Are white hearts bad now?! I didn't realize they had a different connation. I alternate between the white and the black hearts, because I love neutral colours, lol. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

Whatever white supremacist comments she’s getting, she must be deleting. Just skimmed through all comments and they’re all about how sweet, precious, adorable and so on, Ivy is. 

• Upvote 1

Here's the opinion of an evangelical Christian with buyer's remorse.  Thought it was worth sharing in light of the recent events, Ben's post and his parents halfway down the Qanon rabbithole:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opinion/2021/01/10/after-donald-trump-evangelical-christians-face-reckoning-column/6601393002/

Are white hearts bad now?! I didn't realize they had a different connation. I alternate between the white and the black hearts, because I love neutral colours, lol. 

I have no idea. It just seems like weird timing.

Like, if they were playing chess and posted alternating black and white hearts? Nbd in context. Or if it were snowing. Or in a sports context with white jerseys.
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic