IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

11 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

PLEASE tell me someone in the comments set his ass straight.

It would be pointless. Any comments made towards him would only encourage his persecution views. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4

I thought Ben was the one who admitted to have not voted for Trump in 2016 ? Didn't he say that he didn't consider Trump a example of a good Christian, or that Trump didn't treat women like a Christian should or I imagined that?

Where did that go Ben? WHERE?

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 1

Just now, Vivi_music said:

I thought Ben was the one who admitted to have not voted for Trump in 2016 ? Didn't he say that he didn't consider Trump a example of a good Christian, or that Trump didn't treat women like a Christian should or I imagined that?

Where did that go Ben? WHERE?

Yeah, I miss ‘woke’ Bin. He was super cringey but at least he showed promise. He’s been assimilated. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7

2 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

Yeah, I miss ‘woke’ Bin. He was super cringey but at least he showed promise. He’s been assimilated. 

Assimilated is too kind...he’s been brainwashed!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, ExTeach713 said:

Assimilated is too kind...he’s been brainwashed!

Ben learned REAL quick after the whole Jill/Derrick debacle that he better shape up or ship out when it comes to toeing the line because if he doesn't the money will stop flowing.

• Upvote 12
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 4

12 hours ago, LillyP said:

Ben learned REAL quick after the whole Jill/Derrick debacle that he better shape up or ship out when it comes to toeing the line because if he doesn't the money will stop flowing.

Absolutely. While I am not a fan of the Dillards particularly they have shown that they realise the need to make a living beyond JB- Derick with law school, Jill with her endorsements and a side line of suing JB.

Whatever Jessa and Ben earn depends directly on JB/the show whether it’s payment from JB, YouTube or some other vague ministry work, they need the oxygen of the fame from the show to keep people interested. There’s a lot of photogenic sanctimonious fundie families out there competing for the grift.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, LillyP said:

This doesn’t give him a pass. You can toe the line and be quiet in your beliefs because you’re scared. Ben is being very vocal with his dangerous views and that dries up majority of my sympathy. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I have reached a point where, honestly, I’m tired of giving passes because adults, who can go out and get a real,job and make their own way, continue to choose to submit to JB’s rules etc because they want money or fame or think they’re performing ministry being in tv.  Jill and Derrick did show that you can leave and the world won’t swallow you up.  

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 12
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Nashville92 said:

According to the Seewald Family Instagram Ben is now an ordained pastor at a church.  Not sure where though

They’ve been attending a church in Siloam Springs for a while now. He was interning there as well during school, so I’m guessing it’s that one. Good to see he has actual employment outside of the show, but I’m sure they will still need show money to get by. He is probably a youth pastor.

• Upvote 12

15 minutes ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

They’ve been attending a church in Siloam Springs for a while now. He was interning there as well during school, so I’m guessing it’s that one. Good to see he has actual employment outside of the show, but I’m sure they will still need show money to get by. He is probably a youth pastor.

I don’t think I want him in any position of leadership and influence :( 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11

Odd that none of the Duggars have mentioned Ben’s ordination- maybe they were saving it for a paid video.

Ben seems to be getting more vocal on Twitter - his Instagram is largely cute photos- maybe that’s where he’ll practise  his sermons.

Like Jinger, I don’t really see Jessa as a traditional pastor’s wife- organising events, being there for others without getting anything in return, but I suppose she could surprise us. 

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 7

On 1/10/2021 at 1:17 AM, clueliss said:

I have reached a point where, honestly, I’m tired of giving passes because adults, who can go out and get a real,job and make their own way, continue to choose to submit to JB’s rules etc because they want money or fame or think they’re performing ministry being in tv.  Jill and Derrick did show that you can leave and the world won’t swallow you up.  

yep this is where I am. THe adults have gotten passes before, and for those of them who are trying to better themselves I do think we should give a little grace. But for the ones like Ben and Jessa, Josh and Anna, and Joy and Austin? Hell no. 

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1

I have a feeling the church asked the Duggars and Seewalds to keep it all quiet. The Seewalds did not name the church in their IG post, however, one can find the supposed name if you spend enough time googling.

As for Jessa, there’s no way she will fill a traditional pastor’s wife role. She was raised to be a taker, not a giver. Also, I assume Bin’s new gig isn’t full time since he most likely isn’t the lead pastor.  And someone still needs to teach at ‘Duggar Academy’. 

• Upvote 18

On 1/7/2021 at 2:59 PM, indianabones said:

Screenshot_20210107-145656.thumb.png.acd1bdcdad2871c5930370696b3a4d88.png

To take yesterday's attempted coup and turn it into a narrative about how you, a white man, are being persecuted is a special kind of narcissism.

Any goodwill I had towards Ben has pretty much vanished as of today.

After spending WAY too much time doomscrolling social media this week - this sadly comes across as one of the saner and more reasonable posts from that side. He seems to at least be accepting the results and the transition of power, which clearly many of them are not. Still. And he’s not advocating for violent overthrow. Or promoting random Q craziness. In this little corner of panic and paranoia and rage that so many of them live in, this is damn near woke. I wonder if he’s getting pushback from some of the hard-core Trump supporters? 

• Upvote 6

20 hours ago, AussieKrissy said:

I don’t think I want him in any position of leadership and influence :( 

Especially after his latest right wing tirades, noooooo! ? 

38 minutes ago, Mama Mia said:

After spending WAY too much time doomscrolling social media this week - this sadly comes across as one of the saner and more reasonable posts from that side. He seems to at least be accepting the results and the transition of power, which clearly many of them are not. Still. And he’s not advocating for violent overthrow. Or promoting random Q craziness. In this little corner of panic and paranoia and rage that so many of them live in, this is damn near woke. I wonder if he’s getting pushback from some of the hard-core Trump supporters? 

I honestly wouldn’t call this nonsense woke, but at least Ben doesn’t (openly?) condone QAnon and other such conspiracies. Also, Trump has now admitted his defeat (amid additional accusations of voter fraud though) so I don’t think even the most hardcore Trump supporters would argue with Ben about what he wrote. But then, who knows... these people are often stranger than I anticipate.

However, I’d argue that turning what happened in the Capitol on January 6 into some kind of persecution story is some sort of conspiracy in itself. It doesn’t involve lizard people and tinfoil hats, but it’s crazy enough for my taste. 

• Upvote 4

48 minutes ago, FluffySnowball said:

I honestly wouldn’t call this nonsense woke, but at least Ben doesn’t (openly?) condone QAnon and other such conspiracies. Also, Trump has now admitted his defeat (amid additional accusations of voter fraud though) so I don’t think even the most hardcore Trump supporters would argue with Ben about what he wrote. But then, who knows... these people are often stranger than I anticipate.

However, I’d argue that turning what happened in the Capitol on January 6 into some kind of persecution story is some sort of conspiracy in itself. It doesn’t involve lizard people and tinfoil hats, but it’s crazy enough for my taste. 

Oh, the “woke” was DEFINITELY relative ?. Sadly, LOTS of them have still absolutely not accepted the election results, and are still planning various insurrections and armed “protests”. They also think the Pope has been arrested for pedophilia, as part of Trumps last great heroic act of worldwide arrests of former Presidents, Celebrities etc , before he starts his new administration - sans Pence, who, in their fantasies, is tried for treason.  These people are really, really deep in a denial cult and think they are re-enacting the revolutionary war. 
What’s really mind boggling to me is that all this fear is based on a transition to —- Joe Biden?? The most conservative GOP- Lite guy in the Democratic field, by a mile. 

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, FluffySnowball said:

Ben's parents are more or less openly QAnon/Trump-supporters. I don't know how deep into the rabbit hole Ben is, but I'm guessing quite deep. He's just more smart about what he's posting/retweeting/following. 

https://twitter.com/SeewaldF

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 1

I wasn't familiar, but Duggar family friends the Weiss family were at the protest on the grass at least. It was telling to me that one of the comments on Peyton Weiss's Instagram was from the Seewalds offering the Weiss family a place to stay if the Weiss family were in Arkansas. 

I always wanted to believe better of Ben's parents, but we're seeing their true colors. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • I Agree 5

How will Christians be persecuted? Will there be armed police standing outside the church door to forbid entry? Will he be arrested for reading the Bible or praying? Or will women be able to choose what to do with their bodies, and same sex marriages will remain legal? And how does anyone's choice to have an abortion, or marry their same sex love, affect you, Ben. No one is taking away your rights, just ensuring that others can have the same rights. Shut up, Ben.

• Upvote 29

He's literally complaining about losing the 'right' to discriminate against others and not suffer any consequences. That's what his bitching is all about. He definitely listens to dear old dad. 

How 'Christian' of you, BIn.

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 25

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic