IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

I’m a public employee and my employer is the one who issued our local mask mandate.y job sometimes includes taking photos of things outside. I always always wear my mask even when outside and completely alone because I don’t want some person to drive by and snap a picture of me and point out the hypocrisy. 

And I cannot stress just how low I am in importance at work. But I do believe it’s important that we set the example. It’s disappointing hearing about, and knowing myself, medical professionals who are flouting the guidelines.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

The United States has taken being stupid to a new low. In a desperate attempt at keep right wing power, they gutted the American education system. It was a long game that started in the 80s with Regan, keep them stupid to keep them republican, it was the only way for them to survive. We now have people like the Duggar's, Bates' and Rodrigues's (just too name a few) who are beyond stupid yet they are home "schooling" their kids.  Having any education beyond the basics of HS is considered elitist & snooty. Not being able to think beyond the bare minimum is considered the goal now. It is terrifying how ignorant we've become as a society. Just look at all the trumpers, and anti vaxers and maskholes out there. 

Over the weekend I found out a HS friend's father died of COVID, both his parents & himself were/are avid COVID deniers and HUGE trumpers. I wanted so badly to say "gee I guess COVID is real after all" but all I could muster was "So sorry for your loss" I'm a bitch but I'm not THAT kind of bitch.

Another friend of mine, her godfather died, after his family traveled, from around the US, for his 82nd birthday the weekend before. Over 30 people in a conference room in and ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY (WTF) with no masks on. Of course he got it, as did about 15 other family members and the facility is now on lock down as COVID is spreading through the facility.  

It is finally getting so bad where I live that I went from barely knowing anyone who had it to know knowing 4 people who've died in the last 2 weeks. Oh & Iowa's 1/2 assed mask mandate is expired so our cases that FINALLY dropped to under 4 figures will start going back up next week. :angry-banghead:

• Upvote 14
  • Sad 6
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

<snip> I always always wear my mask even when outside and completely alone because I don’t want some person to drive by and snap a picture of me and point out the hypocrisy. <snip>

I do the same. I’m not in the public eye at all but I still do it. I went for a socially distanced walk with a friend of mine this weekend. It was windy out and we were walking more than six feet away from each other. We were still in masks because even though we were both sure we’d be safe, neither one of us wanted her neighbors to be able to point to us not following the rules. 

Edited by Giraffe
I know how to spell
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

26 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

The United States has taken being stupid to a new low. In a desperate attempt at keep right wing power, they gutted the American education system. It was a long game that started in the 80s with Regan, keep them stupid to keep them republican, it was the only way for them to survive. We now have people like the Duggar's, Bates' and Rodrigues's (just too name a few) who are beyond stupid yet they are home "schooling" their kids.  Having any education beyond the basics of HS is considered elitist & snooty. Not being able to think beyond the bare minimum is considered the goal now. It is terrifying how ignorant we've become as a society. Just look at all the trumpers, and anti vaxers and maskholes out there. 

Over the weekend I found out a HS friend's father died of COVID, both his parents & himself were/are avid COVID deniers and HUGE trumpers. I wanted so badly to say "gee I guess COVID is real after all" but all I could muster was "So sorry for your loss" I'm a bitch but I'm not THAT kind of bitch.

Another friend of mine, her godfather died, after his family traveled, from around the US, for his 82nd birthday the weekend before. Over 30 people in a conference room in and ASSISTED LIVING FACILITY (WTF) with no masks on. Of course he got it, as did about 15 other family members and the facility is now on lock down as COVID is spreading through the facility.  

It is finally getting so bad where I live that I went from barely knowing anyone who had it to know knowing 4 people who've died in the last 2 weeks. Oh & Iowa's 1/2 assed mask mandate is expired so our cases that FINALLY dropped to under 4 figures will start going back up next week. :angry-banghead:

Wait! What? You mean Iowa hasn't been setting a shining example for the rest of the world?  I live here too and am so discouraged. Live in a town of around 600 people and we have had 24 cases and 8 deaths very recently.  

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 12

1 hour ago, Not that josh's mom said:

Wait! What? You mean Iowa hasn't been setting a shining example for the rest of the world?  I live here too and am so discouraged. Live in a town of around 600 people and we have had 24 cases and 8 deaths very recently.  

I'm so over Kim Reaper, and sadly by the time she's up for re-election the short attention span of the idiots in this state will have moved on from COVID. :censored:

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

17 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I'm so over Kim Reaper, and sadly by the time she's up for re-election the short attention span of the idiots in this state will have moved on from COVID. :censored:

trust me, if I make it thru the stupidity of her lack of mandates, I WILL REMEMBER!

Husband is scheduled for surgery in 2 weeks, so I am super angry, besides being super careful. He had a check up today and the doctor reccomended he get the Covid vac as soon as it's available. Not sure i want to be first in line, but  we'll see.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, Giraffe said:

I do the same. I’m not in the public eye at all but I still do it. I went for a socially distanced walk with a friend of mine this weekend. It was windy out and we were walking more than six feet away from each other. We were still in masks because even though we were both sure we’d be safe, neither one of us wanted her neighbors to be able to point to us not following the rules. 

Agreed.  My aunt turned 90 in August and we gathered, all masked except for the two babies, out doors. No hugs were exchanged (except from the four year who ran at the six year old), and conversations were held at a distance. The one exception I’ve made to « households only » is expanding my bubble to include my parents and my sister and her daughter.  My daughter’s daycare closes at 4:00 so my mom helps provide care for her and my niece was really struggling when we isolated from her. In the end, I had to balance her mental health against the risk. I may have made the wrong decision, time will tell but none of us wanted to end up having to medicate a six year old. She wears her mask constantly at school and hand washes well. It’s so tough for little ones who have had trauma!! 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 19

• 2 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, aprilx said:

Can someone remind me of ben’s sisters names and their marital statuses?

Jessica (Lester) and Michelle (Barger) are married, even though Michelle has only just turned 18, I believe. Danielle is older than Michelle, but still single, afaik, and Faith is still a teenager.

ETA: The older girls are all working. Jessica is a police officer, like her husband, Danielle is a hairstylist (and seems pretty into it), and Michelle works for Chick-Fil-A, and recently got a promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant soon, though...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 6

8 hours ago, Nothing if not critical said:

Jessica (Lester) and Michelle (Barger) are married, even though Michelle has only just turned 18, I believe. Danielle is older than Michelle, but still single, afaik, and Faith is still a teenager.

ETA: The older girls are all working. Jessica is a police officer, like her husband, Danielle is a hairstylist (and seems pretty into it), and Michelle works for Chick-Fil-A, and recently got a promotion. I wouldn't be surprised if she's pregnant soon, though...

She said in instagram that there waiting about 4 years to have kids so she get become a dental hygienist and he can get through college to be some type of engineer.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

4 hours ago, raayx01 said:

She said in instagram that there waiting about 4 years to have kids so she get become a dental hygienist and he can get through college to be some type of engineer

Edited by AussieKrissy
High hopes. I’ll believe it when I see it. Abstinence Birth control will be required.
  • Upvote 6

Ben's sister, Jessica, moved in with her now husband before they were married.  They have been together for several year with no kids. Also Ben's parents stopped having kids in their mid-thirties, which is young for fundies. It's possible they had infertility problems, but it's also possible they decided seven kids is enough. 

I wouldn't be surprised if Ben's sister Michelle and her husband will wait to have kids and I wouldn't be surprised if they had kids sooner than later. 

• Upvote 15

15 hours ago, raayx01 said:

She said in instagram that there waiting about 4 years to have kids so she get become a dental hygienist and he can get through college to be some type of engineer.

Oh, good for them. I mean even if it doesn't actually transpire, it is really positive that this is something they believe to be possible and even desirable. What Duggar daughter - nay, child! - has ever even suggested that education and career comes first? Plus it implies they are fine with some kind of family planning. I know, it's a low bar.

Are the Seewalds just your common-or-garden conservative Christians, like the Dillards were?

• Upvote 21

9 hours ago, AprilQuilt said:

Oh, good for them. I mean even if it doesn't actually transpire, it is really positive that this is something they believe to be possible and even desirable. What Duggar daughter - nay, child! - has ever even suggested that education and career comes first? Plus it implies they are fine with some kind of family planning. I know, it's a low bar.

Are the Seewalds just your common-or-garden conservative Christians, like the Dillards were?

The Seewalds were members of the non defunct Vision Forum.  Since then, they are somewhere between conservative Christian and fundie-lite. 

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 7

Summary of Jessa’s latest video.

she talks about homemade cleaner ( white vinegar, distilled water, drops of YL thieves in a spray bottle.  Thieves is bought via Amazon).

It moves on to using an inch of Castile soap (dr. Bonner’s, which I’ve been known to use) and water in a foaming soap container along with vitamin E oil.  

and she has a partnership with Hello Fresh.  So there was a meal prep involved (with the kids).  

oh and Spurgeon had a shirt in that said The Spurge in it (of CH Spurgeon)

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

What; no comments about Jessa's recap of Christmas 2020 in the Duggar home? If it weren't for Covid and social distancing, I'd have said it was lovely.(they weren't) I even saw some phone screens of Jeremy and Jinger, and another one.......I think that was Israel. And "Uncle Eric"(is that Michelle's brother-in-law? Or a cousin-uncle?) came playing Santa. 

• Upvote 8

Well

holy crap the size of the tree.  Did they send a few howlers out to clear something from the back 40 and drag it to the center of the living room? 

Super spreader central

exactly who is uncle Eric?

noted that the Caldwells were there.

you might be a redneck if you immediately test out your nifty expanding ladder in the middle of your parents living room and scramble up it to the second floor. (Josiah)

it looked like someone was face timing with Jill’s family during it.  I think that wa Israel in the phone screen.  (Just before or after Jessa panned to Ben face timing with Jeremy)

• Upvote 13

I saw Jill, Sam and Israel on one phone and Jeremy on another. I hope the Dillards were invited but opted out due to Covid. I feel I put aside Covid and the need to socially distance, which I can’t, I think looked like a fun get together. I loved seeing Gideon run up and give Henry a big hug, I liked Ivy and Henry singing in the van, it was fun seeing the family interact with each other. I wasn’t keen on little kids shooting in the house, seeing JimBob inhale Michelle’s face, watching so many households intermingling when we were two for Christmas (although gotta admit clean up was a breeze). interesting to see Santa and hear secular carols. 

• Upvote 9

24 minutes ago, clueliss said:

it looked like someone was face timing with Jill’s family during it.  I think that wa Israel in the phone screen.  (Just before or after Jessa panned to Ben face timing with Jeremy)

That was James FaceTiming with Jill's family.  Makes sense. He was one of Jill's children. He was showing the screen to Jenny, another one of Jill's children.

• Upvote 13

I thought that the tree was incredible. That must have been a ton of work to haul in and get decorated.

I don't want to watch it again to don't be check but did anyone hear Mr Jessa on the phone talking about "the book" with someone? I wondered if it was a book deal ?‍♀️

• Upvote 2

I've often wondered about the family politics of filming and posting family events on youtube. When they are all monetizing their channels, who gets the 'rights' to the event? Does Jessa race to get hers up first and then no one else bothers with their version (hence her crappy editing compared to her earlier videos?)?

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Grace said:

I thought that the tree was incredible. That must have been a ton of work to haul in and get decorated.

I don't want to watch it again to don't be check but did anyone hear Mr Jessa on the phone talking about "the book" with someone? I wondered if it was a book deal ?‍♀️

Probably talking about JinJer's book that's coming out in the Spring.

1 hour ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I've often wondered about the family politics of filming and posting family events on youtube. When they are all monetizing their channels, who gets the 'rights' to the event? Does Jessa race to get hers up first and then no one else bothers with their version (hence her crappy editing compared to her earlier videos?)?

Duggarfam pushed Jessa's video, so I guess they don't care about any money Jessa earns.

• Upvote 1

14 minutes ago, marmalade said:

Probably talking about JinJer's book that's coming out in the Spring.

Duggarfam pushed Jessa's video, so I guess they don't care about any money Jessa earns.

Maybe she has to “tithe” her ten percent back to the church of Jim Bob? 

Edited by AussieKrissy
The more she earns the more they earn.
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic