IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

16 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I think Ben has adjusted to Duggar Time - none of them want regular employment because it means having a schedule, not taking time off for trips, filming, photo shoots or just if you feel like it. 
He may have studied ministry but I really don’t see him wanting to have a church - I think it’s more the paid speaking engagements he’d be interested in. I could see him speaking at home education conferences or even expanding their YouTube videos to education tips. As long as it’s an improvement on the ‘going for a walk is a great idea ‘ video! 

I think you're on the money. It's a totally different lifestyle to work a 9-5 (let's be real, these days its 8-6) than it is to bounce around from project to project, picking and choosing gigs, 'being your own boss'. I think it's definitely possible to do the latter and work just as hard as a typical employee, but not the way Duggars do it.

I wonder how many QFs are out there that have the breadwinner working as an employee working long hours rather than in a family business or working a trade. My gut is going to say its few because having a husband away all day every day is going to lead to breakdown pretty quickly (Andrea Yates, anyone?). My husband leaves at 5 am and I'm lucky if he's home at 6:45 to tuck the baby and toddler into bed. I love my kids but no way am I having more. It's a hard lifestyle! My husband is one of 5 but his father was a self employed tradesman who crafted his hours to be there for school drop offs, regularly took long weekends, and passed up jobs at times when kids were being challenging and more hands were needed.

• Upvote 8

On 11/21/2020 at 10:41 PM, potato said:

I found it in the Graduation Tribute program on Moody's site: https://www.moody.edu/commencement/. If you scroll down to page 8 of the PDF (the Undergraduate - Online section), you can see that Ben got a Bachelor of Science in Ministry Leadership with a concentration in Preaching.

I wonder what "Preaching" class is like... 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

I wonder what "Preaching" class is like... 

I have to assume it is similar to a public speaking class? But like, probably more insufferable at Moody. 

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1

Jessa posted an almost 25 minute long video of a fall festival that was hosted by the Duggar parents at the tth. There were lots of people and several different families. Lily S. in pants. Lauren appears to mostly like/stick to Abbie. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I wasn't paying super close attention and the entire time I thought Josh wasn't there. Anna and kids were shown several times but not Josh (at least that I saw). Then at the end, Jessa panned the tth living area and Josh was there in all his glory. I will never understand how people (especially those with young daughters) can attend events where he is present.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

As far as video production....Jessa doesn't need to quit her day job...wait?

Edited by Exposedknees
Repairs
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 17

Around 9.50 into the video, Jessa asks Jed if he's "going to paint one for your darling?". He replies "How did you know?". 

Don't know if they are just joking, but the odds of Jed having a girlfriend are very low. As in very likely. Dear Lord, he's ALMOST 22, a DUGGAR and he's NOT MARRIED YET!

• Confused 2

I had to check the Duggar's birth order when Justin announced his engagement just to realize that there are four (!) older brothers that haven't had any public relationship(s) as of now. So there will probably some more engagements or even weddings in 2021 and not only Claire and Justin.

• Upvote 7

The " Fall Festival" makes you wonder if the TLC gig is drying up and JB has instructed the minions to come up with storylines to pitch. TLC  probably like

" HMMM? Nope we don't want to videotape your super spreader event!"

I found the whole thing disgusting! All those people....ugh! 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

The video made me feel really uncomfortable.. but I have to admit that I have the same feeling with some movies and TV shows. Seeing a crowded bar in a film or seeing people shaking hands makes me want to sream at the screen. Corona is really getting into my head.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 10

On 11/25/2020 at 8:12 PM, Exposedknees said:

As far as video production....Jessa doesn't need to quit her day job...wait?

Her editing in that video was terrible!

• Upvote 1

On 11/26/2020 at 10:04 AM, xenobia said:

Around 9.50 into the video, Jessa asks Jed if he's "going to paint one for your darling?". He replies "How did you know?". 

Don't know if they are just joking, but the odds of Jed having a girlfriend are very low. As in very likely. Dear Lord, he's ALMOST 22, a DUGGAR and he's NOT MARRIED YET!

It has been discussed in the Jed thread that there’s a snapshot of the finished painted pumpkin at one point in the video and it says Katey, referring to Katey Nakatsu. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4

14 hours ago, ophelia said:

The video made me feel really uncomfortable.. but I have to admit that I have the same feeling with some movies and TV shows. Seeing a crowded bar in a film or seeing people shaking hands makes me want to sream at the screen. Corona is really getting into my head.

Oh my gosh me too! I'll be watching something pre-covid and the crowds and no masks actually makes me feel panicky. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 8

No one saw the top 3 pumpkins? TR*MP 2020 came in at 1st place, but she edited that one out...

Pre-covid I would've said the Fall Festival was a super cute idea but during a pandemic? Hell naw.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

5 minutes ago, MaryOrMartha said:

No one saw the top 3 pumpkins? TR*MP 2020 came in at 1st place, but she edited that one out...

Pre-covid I would've said the Fall Festival was a super cute idea but during a pandemic? Hell naw.

And if MY sweetie was in a pumpkin painting/decorating contest, sloppily painted part of the pumpkin white and painted my name in somewhat faint letters that looked like that I'd be saying, "Hell naw" which is why I think it must have been Jed. Jer the poet and chessplayer and PILOT! would have make sure his pumpkin came in 1st place. Jed thinks his penis is enough.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

Jessa zoomed in on Jer painting a tic tac toe grid on his pumpkin. Possible that he painted Katey on the other side, but I’m leaning towards it being Jed.

• Upvote 5

In German, saying “bitte abstand halten” means please keep your distance. I kept screaming that in my head while watching Jessas recent YouTube video. 

I shouldn’t be surprised they’re behaving this way but... I am. Just so selfish. I turned down my best friends small birthday dinner tonight as it’s not worth the risk, even with everyone taking precautions. I will meet her distanced in a Park next week to give her a birthday present. 

• Upvote 12

6 hours ago, irish_dancing_canadian said:

In German, saying “bitte abstand halten” means please keep your distance. I kept screaming that in my head while watching Jessas recent YouTube video.

Has that arisen because of the pandemic or was it a cultural practice prior?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Has that arisen because of the pandemic or was it a cultural practice prior?

Definitely pandemic. Before it was only seen in terms of discretion (doctors office, bank, post office, at the check out so no one sees your pin..) or in terms of safety (train tracks, heat..). It translates to Please, hold your distance.
I definitely still have to remind myself to take my mask and often have to stop myself from shaking hands. It’s a strange thing, because on one hand it hurts because it reminds me of normality but on the other hand I am glad. I am not willing to accept the current situation as the new normal. It’s not and at one point it will go back. I am not giving up on that. 
Shaking hands is an interesting phenomenon in terms of cultural practice. It’s often seen as outdated and stiff but also extremely polite and well mannered. To me it feels as if new business acquaintances don’t get to the same level without it. The new department director is going to forget about you much faster if you just look at each other with a mask. The “new” methods never took on. The bow seemed to far away from our culture and the elbow check quickly became something mid-40+ year olds used and felt so hip and young- it never was accepted by the younger ones and then got dropped by the older ones quickly. Maybe it has also to with us in general. I don’t think our society is hip and funny or deferential. Sadly digital is just not a complete substitute. After so many months, that is definitely a realisation I and many of my colleagues, family and friends have made. Those little talk you cannot even remember you had over the course of a day are just dead. I don’t call my colleagues to talk about how strange my tea tastes today and our whole philosophing about French, British and German relations (past and present and politics and our own preferences) to tea is just a talk that won’t happen anymore. However, I am extremely grateful that I never had my hours cut and still earn my regular salary.

• Upvote 9

On 11/25/2020 at 9:21 PM, Kelsey said:

I wasn't paying super close attention and the entire time I thought Josh wasn't there. Anna and kids were shown several times but not Josh (at least that I saw). Then at the end, Jessa panned the tth living area and Josh was there in all his glory. I will never understand how people (especially those with young daughters) can attend events where he is present.

In a room  full of witnesses, it’s probably pretty safe. When I think of kids I have meet who have committed sexual offences, it was generally done in private. It was also usually more about opportunity and power than due to being sexually attracted to little kids. That said, I get your concern for the kids and understand why you don’t trust him as far as you could throw a freight train. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

What I find odd is watching adverts where no-one seems to be social distancing or wearing masks. Particularly Christmas ads with everyone gathering together.  

• Upvote 7

Here in Iowa our idiot gov FINALLY put in a 1/2 ass masked mandate, you have to wear one if you are going to be in a building for more than 15 minutes AND you can't social distance.  ? Most of the schools have gone back to all on line learning after 1000s of teachers & staff got sick & several died. We had like 6 trump super spreader events in Sept/ Oct around the state, so w/ our population of 3.3 million people we were adding 4 to 5k cases a day for about a month. A week after the mask mandate the numbers dropped to under 2k. I wish I could find it but I read an article stating it took Iowa 6 months to get to 100k cases and 4 WEEKS to get to 200k.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 7

Screenshot_20201204-030142.thumb.png.4eab1523dee433e2f5179caf272ae8e2.png

The Seewalds posted this. Do they seriously think that Ivanka Trump frequents small businesses? 

And how can they be supporters of her family yet blame the same people for causing "terrible suffering"? Maybe they've realized that the Republicans are responsible for the stopping of any further plans for stimulus checks and caused most of the Paycheck Protection Program's funds to go towards huge companies rather than small businesses... Yeah, right. The cognitive dissonance is astounding.

• Upvote 20

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic