IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

It's gotta be an announcement photo shoot. She doesn't normally dress her kids in matching outfits.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

This will be grandchild #19, right?

Actually it will be #21 if she’s pregnant and due after Kendra.

• Thank You 1

Kendra I carrying #20 

So next pregnancy could be 

Jessa#21

Lauren#22

New j-wife #23

Anna#24

Abbie#25

And then it could be time for Kendra #4 yikes 

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 1

LOL all married couple/family photo shoots scream 'we're expecting/growing again/big brother-sis' announcement to me for both the Bates & Duggar families and the majority of times, it's exactly that!

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Actually I don't think it's an announcement. It would be too obvious and that's not Jessa's style.

I think #4 will come soon, bio or adopted (I bet bio), but she's not pregnant yet.

On 9/17/2020 at 3:07 AM, Idlewild said:

Maybe they are adopting- you know like they say they want to right before they announce a pregnancy.....

Honestly, what do y'all think the odds are of any respectable adoption agency approving Ben & Jessa? They're reality show freaks from an extremely controversial family with horrendous views on the world. They have no actual life skills or income other than their paycheck from the show and whatever Ben does as Jim Bob's lackey. And they're already squeezing three children into a 900 square foot home. Any adoption agency would be crazy to not slam the door in their faces!

10 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Actually I don't think it's an announcement. It would be too obvious and that's not Jessa's style.

I think #4 will come soon, bio or adopted (I bet bio), but she's not pregnant yet.

The fact that she posted it while there's speculation about a courtship gives me pause. It could be a way to draw the attention back to her, which is exactly where she wants it.

An announcement in November would do the same thing as the focus will be on the three November babies turning 1.

• Upvote 6

I'm genuinely curious to see how Jill's apparent happiness and enjoyment of a small number of children, public school, and more free time is going to impact the other 2nd gen parents. I can see any of the following: 1. some being jealous but carrying on with the status quo 2. some deciding to follow in her footsteps and 3. some deciding to prove what a joy little blessings are an upping the production rate significantly. 

My guess - Jessa, Joy in camp 1. Abbie in camp 2. Josiah, Josh, Jinger in camp 3.   I can't remember who else is married or if there are others, so I will leave it there. 

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Honestly, what do y'all think the odds are of any respectable adoption agency approving Ben & Jessa? They're reality show freaks from an extremely controversial family with horrendous views on the world. They have no actual life skills or income other than their paycheck from the show and whatever Ben does as Jim Bob's lackey. And they're already squeezing three children into a 900 square foot home. Any adoption agency would be crazy to not slam the door in their faces!

The fact that she posted it while there's speculation about a courtship gives me pause. It could be a way to draw the attention back to her, which is exactly where she wants it.

An announcement in November would do the same thing as the focus will be on the three November babies turning 1.

I don’t think an adoption agency would see them that badly. And from what I’ve seen the two ways to adoption are either through foster care, or the pregnant woman picks the family themselves based on a bio or a book they put together.  And they likely would be an appealing match to some young women. 

They would probably need to add another bedroom to meet most licensing standards, but they could do that easily enough. Their income is likely above median for their area, and mom has had the same job since she was a child. I don’t think most people are as disdainful/suspicious/dismissive of reality show/YouTube/influencer income as you might think. It’s not THAT uncommon anymore. I’m a nobody old lady and I have people in my broader circle (friends of friends and extended family ) who make a fair amount of their income that way, and do well. 

Their beliefs would be fine with a number of private Christian adoption agencies, and would only need to be toned down a little bit to be pass for government agencies or foster care. 

I don’t think they are adopting, but I wouldn’t rule it out. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

what do y'all think the odds are of any respectable adoption agency approving Ben & Jessa? They're reality show freaks from an extremely controversial family with horrendous views on the world. They have no actual life skills or income other than their paycheck from the show and whatever Ben does as Jim Bob's lackey

There is a thread in this forum, about horrid adopting parents. Some Christian Adoption Agencies seem to be OK with fundie views and even with the lack of money (apart from the funds to pay the adoption fees, of course). 

• Upvote 3

19 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

When Jessa was pregnant with Spurgeon, she posted that picture of Ben hugging her from behind and making a heart shape with their hands on her stomach. Then when everybody asked whether she was pregnant, she said she didn’t “have anything to announce” only to announce like two weeks later. 

So I wouldn’t exactly say this is not her style. Obviously she’s a few years older now and it might not be an announcement, but I certainly wouldn’t rule it out either. 

I suppose we’ll find out soon enough either way. 

• Upvote 12

I think she is pregnant. It's about that time again and she did say she wanted a close gap for Ivy and the next Seewald. Jessa will like the attention from the speculation and was looking sick a few weeks ago, although hasn't really shown herself in recent Instagram posts.

It will go

Seewald #4 (shortly after this season of CO ends)

Siren #2 ( announce around thanksgiving)

Pest&Anna #7 (announce September 2021)

JoKen #4 (announce November 2021)

Jostin #3 

J'Abbie #2

JinJer #3

New in law #1

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 2

15 minutes ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

I think she is pregnant. It's about that time again and she did say she wanted a close gap for Ivy and the next Seewald. Jessa will like the attention from the speculation and was looking sick a few weeks ago, although hasn't really shown herself in recent Instagram posts.

It will go

Jostin #3 

J'Abbie #2

JinJer #3

New in law #1

Anna's usually pretty consistent with births every other year. She's more likely to actually have #7 in September 2021.

• Upvote 11

21 hours ago, fundiesarefascinating said:

I'm genuinely curious to see how Jill's apparent happiness and enjoyment of a small number of children, public school, and more free time is going to impact the other 2nd gen parents. I can see any of the following: 1. some being jealous but carrying on with the status quo 2. some deciding to follow in her footsteps and 3. some deciding to prove what a joy little blessings are an upping the production rate significantly. 

My guess - Jessa, Joy in camp 1. Abbie in camp 2. Josiah, Josh, Jinger in camp 3.   I can't remember who else is married or if there are others, so I will leave it there. 

I agree, but think Jinger will be with Abbie in camp 2. I can't see her and Jeremy having loads of kids. They're into being well dressed, drinking fancy coffee, and being instagrammable at all times, this would be significantly harder with a bunch of kids. I could see them having a third in a couple of years (hoping for a boy), but I can't imagine them with more than 4-5 kids total.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 8/30/2020 at 10:41 AM, FluffySnowball said:

I’m not a math nerd AT ALL. All these numbers and rules and theories you gotta apply to reach a result make my head spin and during the last two years in high school, I couldn’t really follow what was going on in math class.

Do I have dyscalculia? I don’t know and tbh, I don’t actually think so. In everyday life, I can manage just fine and it’s only the more advanced high school stuff that makes me scratch my head. Also, reading analog clocks has never been an issue for me, I wouldn’t even need to see the numbers.

However, I do have a bit of a “fear” of mathematics in the sense that I don’t think I could actually study it and improve my skills. It’ll remain a mystery to me forever... That’s also one of the main reasons why I didn’t study psychology at Uni: one needs to take a few statistics classes and I was too afraid to fail so I decided to go for theology and English. Looking back, I think I would have managed, but at the time, the mere thought of taking math classes beyond a high school level seemed impossible. 

You’re not alone. Math anxiety is very real and relatively common, sadly, even moreso for women/girls than for men/boys. 

https://www.healthline.com/health-news/seriously-girls-are-just-as-good-as-boys-at-doing-math#What-parents-can-do-

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

It will go

Jostin #3 

J'Abbie #2

JinJer #3

New in law #1

When did Jessa say that? I've seen a lot of people assume Jessa wants two close in age, but I didn't realize she actually said that. At this point #4 won't be too close age to Ivy. It'll be a normal quiverfull age difference. 

I also think John and Abbie will be expecting again before Joe and Kendra have #4. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Anna's usually pretty consistent with births every other year. She's more likely to actually have #7 in September 2021.

Her gaps are getting further and further apart with each child though. She conceived the last two M's when the mot recently born M was around 17 months old.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Her gaps are getting further and further apart with each child though. She conceived the last two M's when the mot recently born M was around 17 months old.

Agreed. I could see an announcement from Anna in September 2021. We can expect M7 around 26 February 2022. 

Here are Anna's latest spacings (excluding firstborn to secondborn, because that is often shorter): 

Michael to Marcus: 718 days (1y, 11m)

Marcus to Meredith: 774 days (2y, 1m) +56

Meredith to Mason: 789 days (2y, 1m, nearly 2y, 2m) +15

Mason to Maryella: 806 days (2y, 2m) +17

So if we take the average of the two latest spacings, her new spacing would be 806 + 16 days, meaning 822 days, and there is 822 days from 27 November 2019 to 26 February 2022. If Anna announces when she is 16 weeks pregnant, she is due for a mid-September 2021 announcement. 

Anna's spacing is very consistent, but it is getting slightly longer, adding a month or so (or two) to the previous spacing. 

• Upvote 12
  • Thank You 1

Let's be clear:

They. Are. Never. Going. To. Adopt.

It goes against everything Gothard. They talk a big line about adoption for P.R. sake and that's it.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, FaithAndReason said:

Let's be clear:

They. Are. Never. Going. To. Adopt.

It goes against everything Gothard. They talk a big line about adoption for P.R. sake and that's it.

They'll be really toeing the line from now on. Jessa is now the Golden Child since precious Jilly Muffy's been disowned. She won't do anything to jeopardize that.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

On 9/18/2020 at 6:27 PM, fundiesarefascinating said:

You forgot Lauren and Kendra ? Easy to do 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

On 9/18/2020 at 11:24 PM, Mama Mia said:

I don’t think an adoption agency would see them that badly. And from what I’ve seen the two ways to adoption are either through foster care, or the pregnant woman picks the family themselves based on a bio or a book they put together.  And they likely would be an appealing match to some young women. 

They would probably need to add another bedroom to meet most licensing standards, but they could do that easily enough. Their income is likely above median for their area, and mom has had the same job since she was a child. I don’t think most people are as disdainful/suspicious/dismissive of reality show/YouTube/influencer income as you might think. It’s not THAT uncommon anymore. I’m a nobody old lady and I have people in my broader circle (friends of friends and extended family ) who make a fair amount of their income that way, and do well. 

Their beliefs would be fine with a number of private Christian adoption agencies, and would only need to be toned down a little bit to be pass for government agencies or foster care. 

I don’t think they are adopting, but I wouldn’t rule it out. 

I have zero experience with Christian Adoption Agencies in the US - but we were definitely instructed NO social media at the beginning while we waited for everything to be finalized. And we were kind of persuaded not to put pics etc etc. 
And I'm not internet famous. So I'm not sure how agencies would really feel about that. 

• Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic