IGNORED

Seewalds 44: Skip the Ads and Jessa Won’t Get Paid!

nelliebelle1197

They haven't mentioned adoption in a while so it might be something they have decided not to do at least for now. I don't think those t shirts were necessarily for a pregnancy announcement but I can see them announcing in a the next couple of months. 

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Ben’s sister Michelle is getting married next weekend. She’s a recent home school graduate, so I think she’s 18 years old.

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

Ben’s sister Michelle is getting married next weekend. She’s a recent home school graduate, so I think she’s 18 years old.

If Jessa is pregnant, this would be the week to announce it before some casual attendee at the wedding accidentally gets a picture of her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JDuggs said:

What is this trend with getting married at 18 with these people? Oh wait...it's the only moral way to leave home and spend endless time with the opposite sex.

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 2

5 minutes ago, Tangy Bee said:

What is this trend with getting married at 18 with these people? Oh wait...it's the only moral way to leave home and spend endless time with the opposite sex.

And taste the forbidden fruit!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

dropping hints with those adorable "sibling" tshirts would be such a Jessa thing to do, haha. I definitely think we'll get an announcement in the next few months, and #4 around Ivy's 2nd birthday. If she's only 12-14 weeks now, she probably won't even be showing at her SIL's wedding...

• Upvote 1

Jessa was nursing Ivy during her visit with Jill. Not saying she can’t be pregnant, but not very convinced yet.
Mown watch her announce next week. ?

So, if I’m mathing correctly, she was a 17 year old kid who couldn’t even vote, and he was a 23 year old man, who had already been an adult for five years when they starting courting?

Ew. There’s something so icky about these power dynamics irt age.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

She is pretty. I don’t think the dress looks screamingly modest- is that not important when you are 18?

I legitimately have shoes that I have had longer than she has been alive. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 11

1 hour ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

So, if I’m mathing correctly, she was a 17 year old kid who couldn’t even vote, and he was a 23 year old man, who had already been an adult for five years when they starting courting?

Ew. There’s something so icky about these power dynamics irt age.

That boy in the photo can’t be 23-

Fundiewiki says he's 24, but that doesn't sound right to me. Among reasons, she said around their engagement that they had met, because they had some sort of class together.  It sounded like they're the same age.  

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, Meggo said:

She is pretty. I don’t think the dress looks screamingly modest- is that not important when you are 18?

I legitimately have shoes that I have had longer than she has been alive. 

The Seewalds have never followed the strict modesty standards the Duggars have.

• Upvote 6

Okay. I looked up voter registration and he’s apparently 2001, if this is him.

In which case, I’m sad for them both that they are pressured to marry so young (And, in this case, young meaning zero real world experience).

FE0E5261-7465-4068-8D20-E77ED9860E37.png

• Thank You 3

Michael and Guinn have actively encouraged their children to get married as teenagers. Anyone remember that blog post he wrote about young marriage that people assumed was a message to Jim Bob about him making Jessa and Ben wait to get engaged? Looks like it's been deleted but here's an article about it.

It's so disconcerting to me to see a married couple that looks like two children...

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

Teen marriages are wrong anyway, why not just date for a while instead of tying the knot? But what makes early fundy marriages even worse for me is the fact that: 

1. the young couple is taught time and again that they cannot divorce but have to stay together no matter what. 

2. the use of birth control is discouraged in their circles.

If two non-fundy people marry early, I might not find their decision to be wise, but they can still wait with having children, they might both (!!!) further their education and in the worst case scenario, they could get a divorce and think about the early marriage as a teenage mistake. They could move on without too much guilt from their families. 

(Of course, depending on the situation, a divorce might still be painful and difficult, but the odds aren’t as bad as with early marriages in the fundy world.) 

Edited by FluffySnowball
  • Upvote 15

I agree with the notion that young marriage that will lead to young parents, which is the case with fundies, is nothing to encourage. When I look at Kendra was expecting her 3rd prior to even being married 3 years, if makes me sad and almost sick for her. There is so much more to life than constant procreation. And it goes both ways. Constant procreation is neither good for mother/family nor child(ren). 

• Upvote 11
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 4

21 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Teen marriage never ends well. Sorry but children shouldn’t marry.

Cue the flood of people with anecdotes about how they married their husband at the age of 15 thirty years ago and now they're more in love than ever...

• Upvote 12
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

30 minutes ago, indianabones said:

Cue the flood of people with anecdotes about how they married their husband at the age of 15 thirty years ago and now they're more in love than ever...

It’s funny because many people I know in real life who married young and are happy, talk about how incredibly hard it was and they consider themselves lucky to still be married. And of course don’t want it for their own kids. Unlike Michael Seewald. 

• Upvote 15

3 hours ago, monkeyrocks71 said:

Okay. I looked up voter registration and he’s apparently 2001, if this is him.

In which case, I’m sad for them both that they are pressured to marry so young (And, in this case, young meaning zero real world experience).

FE0E5261-7465-4068-8D20-E77ED9860E37.png

That's him. Michelle wished him a happy birthday on Instagram earlier this week.

• Upvote 4

I wonder how quickly Bens little sister will get pregnant. Her name is Michelle right? They’re just so young and inexperienced. It’s sad. 

• Upvote 7

Well on the other hand, Jessica Seewald became a cop and she isn't quiverfull.  Also I've always gotten the sense the Seewalds deliberately stopped at 7 kids. So it could go either way with Michelle.  

• Upvote 5

Ben’s sister Jessica has been married over a year (I think) and has not announced a pregnancy. She is a police officer and is continuing her career, at least at the moment. So perhaps there is hope for Michelle. 

Sorry I’ve posted the same information as Bluebirdbluebell.

Edited by Angelface
Duplication
  • Upvote 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic