IGNORED

Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper

Petronella

48 minutes ago, treemom said:

...again,  I am zero percent surprised.

^ By far the saddest part of this whole thing. 

• Upvote 6

5 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

I know alot about lifting and the body building world (not myself but via a family member who is a part of it) and no, that is not a legit lift.  Not anywhere close.  He definitely made that up because he's gross.  And yes, he is risking a hernia and/or an injured back. Not that I care about him personally, but dont anyone else try that.  

It might work the glutes a bit, but whenever I've seen anyone doing that style of lift for their butt it was on the floor with dumbbells lower over the upper thighs.  Agreed, looks like a great way to throw your back out or get a hernia. 

And obviously, weird and clearly sexual. I'm just remembering how my good friend couldn't come with me to a haunted house (all proceeds going to a kids charity) while she was at Liberty because it might look wrong and get her in trouble...

• Upvote 14
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

My wife Becki and I were totally innocent naifs when Becki was seduced by the the worldly and  wicked and emotionally unstable Pool Boy. 

Fortunately, Twitter is all over this like a duck on a june bug: 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 32
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

Welp, the pool boy is talking to Reuters & showing receipts.

Thinking it's time for major IRS & VA tax audits to look into Liberty's financials. 

Then there's this:

The fact that there is a pool boy named Giancarlo involved in this story is just :chef's kiss:

2020, you are a weird old thing, but you sure as hell know how to keep people entertained. 

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 24
  • Love 2

Enquiring minds want to know:

Would it have been acceptable to fundy morality if Falwell Jr and his wife had enjoyed sweet fellowship while the pool boy watched? 

And why on Rufus' green earth does anyone ever allow photography in intimate situations? 

• Upvote 21
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 2

If this did go on for eight years...

Also, whachawanna bet there is more scandal waiting in the wings, because it's unlikely this happened in a vacuum.

It's so gosh darned hard to keep  up.  In just a short period of time, the Rubio report came out confirming the Trump/Russia connection, Steve Bannon got arrested, 10,000 more people died from 'The Rona, Melania's big reveal of the WTAF, she destroyed the Rose Garden!, the USPS is being gutted,  The Odd Couple Kellyanne and George are taking time out for "family matters."  Now we find out the upper echelon of Liberty U got up one day, checked their text messages and opened up a sext from Jerry Falwell of his wife.  How awkward is that?

Make it stooooooooop! 

11 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

And why on Rufus' green earth does anyone ever allow photography in intimate situations? 

Stupendously bad judgement, every time + Jerry Jr. liked to watch. Leaving me to believe that Lordy, There. Are. Tapes. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 27
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, treemom said:

His other son would have been a much much better choice,  like not great, because the theology is toxic, but better

Was there any public explanation for why the other son wasn't picked? 

It seems pretty clear that these are not one-off mistakes with Jr. but a deeper pattern of confrontation, impulsiveness, possibly addiction, and sexual fetishes (I don't think the fetishes are de facto immoral, but his community certainly would). I imagine people had to have seen this before he was president. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

Bye bye Jerry 

Jerry Falwell Jr., the embattled president of Liberty University and one of the biggest champions of President Donald Trump, has resigned, Religion News Service has learned. 

His resignation came within hours of the publication of a news story that alleged he and his wife Becki had a years-long sexual relationship with a business associate. 

Falwell had been placed on indefinite leave earlier this month after posting, then deleting, a provocative Instagram photo of him posing with his arm around a woman at a party with their zippers down and midriffs showing.

After that post, Liberty University alumni and former teaching faculty at the school called for his permanent ouster, citing a long list of offensive statements by Falwell, who has been one of President Trump's staunchest allies.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, The Mother Dust said:

I know alot about lifting and the body building world (not myself but via a family member who is a part of it) and no, that is not a legit lift.  Not anywhere close.  He definitely made that up because he's gross.  And yes, he is risking a hernia and/or an injured back. Not that I care about him personally, but dont anyone else try that.  

This is exactly the stuff I meant that Jr did that made people uncomfortable.  Stupid dick jokes that he thought he could be eye doe eyed innocent about (ala the way KISA described Doug Phillips is a rapist.

he was always gross. And in love with money.  And apparently voyeurism.

2 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Was there any public explanation for why the other son wasn't picked? 

It seems pretty clear that these are not one-off mistakes with Jr. but a deeper pattern of confrontation, impulsiveness, possibly addiction, and sexual fetishes (I don't think the fetishes are de facto immoral, but his community certainly would). I imagine people had to have seen this before he was president. 

I’m sure there was, but I don’t think I cared enough at the time to look. Liberty was still crazy back then, but it had been the succession plan all the way back to when I attended that Jr took the school and Jonathan took the church.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

4 hours ago, Giraffe said:

“Dad’s pranks bordered on cruelty”?! BORDERED ON CRUELTY?!? That’s pure EVIL and there’s nothing questionable about that cruelty! That’s reprehensible! HOW THE FUCK WAS THAT QUESTIONABLE?!

I hugged my cat after reading that and will continue treating him with the care and respect he deserves as another living being! 

Shadow just got lots of extra pets.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

14 minutes ago, wotdancer said:

lthough other news outlets have reported that Jerry Falwell Jr. has agreed to resign as president and chancellor of Liberty University, Falwell said in an interview Monday evening with Virginia Business that such reports are “completely false.”

"I did not agree to resign, I was forced to."

He said that he has not agreed to leave the post permanently, nor does he plan to, although he is on an indefinite leave of absence following a series of controversies this summer. Falwell added that Reuters’ report released Monday that a former business associate, Giancarlo Granda, had a years-long affair with Falwell’s wife, Becki, with his full knowledge was “90% false.”

90% false sounds a lot like, 100% true.

Falwell said in a brief phone interview Monday that he had told the Liberty Board of Trustees earlier in the summer that he needed a short break from work.

After he posted what he called a “stupid picture” on Instagram — a photo he says his wife took of him and her assistant, both of whom had their pants unzipped and bellies sticking out — the board said it would be better to call the sabbatical a “leave of absence,” Falwell said. “I don’t care what you call it. I’ve been at this for so many years and under so much stress, I decided I needed a three-month break.”

Three-month break? you just said it was indefinite.

This man is such a liar.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him crash and burn, only that he doesn't take more of the hypocrites with him.

He seems like a total sleaze but I'd like to see him nailed for his real crimes (innocent until proven guilty and all that but you just know he's done something shady he ought to be punished for) instead of unzipping his pants.

• Upvote 11

I can’t get over eight years. I hope the students majorly rebel for the sheer hypocrisy of it! 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

This man is such a liar.

I wouldn't be sorry to see him crash and burn, only that he doesn't take more of the hypocrites with him.

He seems like a total sleaze but I'd like to see him nailed for his real crimes (innocent until proven guilty and all that but you just know he's done something shady he ought to be punished for) instead of unzipping his pants.

Totally agree with all of this!

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, Howl said:

Stupendously bad judgement, every time + Jerry Jr. liked to watch. Leaving me to believe that Lordy, There. Are. Tapes. 

The Reuters article heavily implied that there is a long paper/photo/sext trail here. I bet they already know of more than they could confirm in the article. They would be risking a major libel lawsuit otherwise.

I agree, he appears to be both a voyeur and an exhibitionist. And lacking in any discretion. Remember he posted the drunk guy yacht photo to his own instagram himself. I wouldn't be surprised if theres enough footage for Ken Burns to make a miniseries out of this pool boy dalliance. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

The Reuters article heavily implied that there is a long paper/photo/sext trail here. I bet they already know of more than they could confirm in the article. They would be risking a major libel lawsuit otherwise.

I agree, he appears to be both a voyeur and an exhibitionist. And lacking in any discretion. Remember he posted the drunk guy yacht photo to his own instagram himself. I wouldn't be surprised if theres enough footage for Ken Burns to make a miniseries out of this pool boy dalliance. 

So if he is trying to walk back the resignation, I imagine his next stop will be some sort of Christian rehab facility so he can "get right with the Lord." I imagine it won't be one that features hard labor as part of the process. 

ETA: Can you imagine the poor reporters who had to verify the photographic evidence. There isn't enough eye bleach in the world. 

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11

17 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

he appears to be both a voyeur and an exhibitionist.

And he is a classic, talibangelical patriarchal male -- full of entitlement and absolutely sure that anything he does can be "repented of" and "forgiven."

This is what white American Christianity hath wrought.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 3

I realized that I can't quite piece things together and get a good timeline. 

Donald Trump's fixer, Micheal Cohen, was  prevailed upon to "fix" the issue of compromising photos, or at least the ones that Jerry Jr didn't sext to Liberty U. upper echelon. 

.  Jerry Jr. was prevailed upon to endorse Trump, when everyone thought the was the LAST thing he would do. 

So when did Jerry come into the Trump orbit? How did he ever find out that Trump had a fixer?  How was it discovered that there were compromising photos that needed to be fixed and the quid pro quo was that Jerry Jr. would endorse Trump in exchange for the photos being suppressed?

It's a chicken or the egg thing.  

• Upvote 18
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, Howl said:

I realized that I can't quite piece things together and get a good timeline. 

Donald Trump's fixer, Micheal Cohen, was  prevailed upon to "fix" the issue of compromising photos, or at least the ones that Jerry Jr didn't sext to Liberty U. upper echelon. 

.  Jerry Jr. was prevailed upon to endorse Trump, when everyone thought the was the LAST thing he would do. 

So when did Jerry come into the Trump orbit? How did he ever find out that Trump had a fixer?  How was it discovered that there were compromising photos that needed to be fixed and the quid pro quo was that Jerry Jr. would endorse Trump in exchange for the photos being suppressed?

It's a chicken or the egg thing.  

Back before Trump was elected, one of the scandal papers (Nat Enq?) was known for paying money for stores that portrayed Trump in a bad light and killing them. The then owner was known to be a Trump supporter.  If ( pure speculation ) someone approached the paper with this story, the owner might have seen an opportunity and relayed it to the Trumpers. 

The idea that Falwell Jr's kink led to Trump being president is almost more than I can bear. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

Also, upthread I asked if he had an alcohol problem and someone answered in the affirmative.

Alcohol: A disinhibitor that compromises judgement. 

Whatever is going on, I think everything can go under the  "hot mess" header.   

Also, in terms of Liberty U?  Stick a fork in Jerry Jr. He's done.  

• Upvote 8

Probably discussing how much it would cost the school for Jerry to go away before the students and alumni pull out (pun intended) of attending or supporting the school.

Embattled evangelical leader Jerry Falwell Jr. is in discussions with Liberty University about his fate as president of the Christian school founded by his late father, a school spokesman told CNN.

While Liberty spokesman Scott Lamb originally told CNN Falwell would resign, he now says that Board leadership have been in discussion with Jerry Falwell and expect to be able to make a statement on Tuesday.

But Falwell denied that he was resigning, telling Virginia Business that the report was "completely false."

The confusion over Falwell's fate comes after a series of recent public controversies about his behavior.

Edit: and no I am not "Touching My Own Private Square" over this.  Said private square is about to detach and run away at this point.

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 1

Liberty University tweeted this. 

And oh yes the internetz has responded. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9

5 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Liberty University tweeted this. 

And oh yes the internetz has responded. 

The comments are gold! “Is tuition cheaper if I watch from the corner of the room?”

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 23
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jerry Falwell Jr’s Zipper