IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

3 hours ago, JMO said:

This reminded me of all the fundies we follow. 

FB_IMG_1600858554140.jpg

Nah, at least this ones look fed, clean (yes JillR I'm looking at you) and the one holding the babies is mom, not the sisters! 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

• 6 months later...

I just watched the Counting On special on Discovery+.  Such a disappointment.  No mention of Jed's wedding or any courting announcements.  Jed, Jeremiah, Justin, Jinger and Jeremy weren't even on the show.  It was very heavily religion focused (much more so than normal).  It also focused way more on the grandkids than it has in the past.  I kept thinking that they would announce something at the end and nothing.  ugh

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 9

55 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

@fundiefriday was there much new footage or was it old stuff rehashed? 
maybe TLC see the grandkids as where the interest lies. 

It was all new footage.  The part about Brooklyn's birth was really short.  It looks like TLC actually filmed at the house.  They had several segments w/ Jessa and an overall one w/ the family have an Easter brunch.  Anna was also in it quite a bit.  She didn't have a "talking head" part but they did talk to her directly and her kids were also featured.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

So they have an Easter brunch not at Easter and Anna’s whining about being left out has paid off. JB has decided Jessa and Anna are the ones he can rely on to be on brand. I’ll see if it’s on Discovery + in the UK 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

I just watched the Counting On special on Discovery+.  Such a disappointment.  No mention of Jed's wedding or any courting announcements.  Jed, Jeremiah, Justin, Jinger and Jeremy weren't even on the show.  It was very heavily religion focused (much more so than normal).  It also focused way more on the grandkids than it has in the past.  I kept thinking that they would announce something at the end and nothing.  ugh

So......they didn't confess anything to the rumors that the Duggars all had Covid already? Interesting. Very very interesting

• Upvote 6

That was a REALLY weird episode. More Jesus-y than anything since the original creepy dressed alike zombie specials. Like, so much Jesus-y. Testimony shared and led by Michelle and J-Bob, with Joe and Kendra, Jessa and Ben,  and JD and Abbie present. Jessa, Ben and Kendra all shared. The rest didn’t really say a word. 
Cute craft hats with grandkids, nursery decorating, lots of little kids, Jessa, Anna, Kendra and lost girls. Joy and kids were in the nursery segment, nothing else,  Jana was in a couple shots but didn’t say a word. They had one rando son say grace at the end- other than that none of the grown / half grown kids, or their kids, were around, or mentioned, at all. Talk from Michelle  about “Angel Eggs” which all the kids stumbled over, because they are deviled eggs. Some sort of empty tomb marshmallow rolls. Every single thing kept referencing back to religion. I get it is about Easter, which is religious, but really, even for them - it was a Lot. Like a lot. And it seemed like it was a 19 kids and counting episode, except with a birth tacked on, and the lost girls as the big kids and the grands as the littles. Really weird. And everyone looked pissed off the whole time. Did I mention it was weird? 

2 hours ago, BullyJBG said:

So......they didn't confess anything to the rumors that the Duggars all had Covid already? Interesting. Very very interesting

The only Covid references were regarding Kendra’s birth plan having to be a little different, limiting who was in the delivery room, she got to have 2, so had to leave her sister out. They talked about Jinger only getting one, and it was unclear if Joy got 1 or 2. Some talk about masks and labor and how that would be hard. But not a requirement where they live. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 10

I agree with what @Mama Mia noted above - that episode was much more overtly religious than before. Shockingly so! They’d always danced around their extreme faith gently before, even in the early specials. This had, like, straight testimonials in them. 

Is TLC pivoting? This seems like maybe a sea change in the way they’re presenting/editing their faith on the show. 

• Upvote 8
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

I wonder if JB is dictating this. He has said in interviews before that they only agreed to the original show as long as TLC didn’t edit out their faith. Maybe he decided they had strayed too far afield and didn’t want to be like those heathen bateseses. And maybe he now feels like he has some of the bargaining power back post-scandal fallout?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

33 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I wonder if JB is dictating this. He has said in interviews before that they only agreed to the original show as long as TLC didn’t edit out their faith. Maybe he decided they had strayed too far afield and didn’t want to be like those heathen bateseses. And maybe he now feels like he has some of the bargaining power back post-scandal fallout?

Well, JB, you also sold your purported .”wholesome” family to TLC and neglected to mention your son had molested multiple young girls, including 4 sisters, one of whom was 4 YO. So, I’d say you had best zip your lips.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

4 minutes ago, Exposedknees said:

OMG! They faked Easter!!! At Least 6 weeks EARLY?

WHAT IS HAPPENING????

Absolutely normal for reality shows.  They're never filmed on the holidays that they portray if done by a film crew.

• Upvote 8

OMG! They faked Easter!!! At Least 6 weeks EARLY?
WHAT IS HAPPENING?[emoji1787][emoji2957][emoji23]

I don’t think they were claiming it was this year. It was last Easter.
  • Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

Nope definitely 2021. Look at the kids' sizes and Jessa is pregnant. They had an Easter brunch in February ??? 

• Upvote 11

34 minutes ago, Kaylo said:

No it was this year, but TBF, they did say it was to celebrate Spring / Resurrection Sunday/ Easter / Brooklyn’s birth, but also implied that it wasn’t on actual Easter ( obviously , since that hasn’t happened yet) . I think it was filmed in early March, just by Brooklyn looking to be a couple weeks old, and Joe and Kendra’s talk about sleep, kids adjustment, etc..

I’m wondering if part of the very small cast was a Covid filming nod? I know they get together in gigantic groups, but for filming, with the crew, maybe there were rules around number of people in a space / testing, etc? Thinking about it, aside from Joe, and Ben, who were featured, JD was the only adult who regularly works outside the home who was on screen at all, and he was just in one short segment where everyone was spaced apart, and has probably been vaccinated. And Jason(?) who said a prayer, I don’t know if he does anything in contact with people. 

If it wasn’t so weirdly over the top extra religious, and super strange with leaving out mention of so many family members, and weirdly awkward - especially the scenes with JB and Michelle, where it felt like when you walk into a holiday where the family is fighting - it would have been a good format. Cute crafts, cute kids, current holiday themed, some updates. 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 5

so while loading the dishwasher I hear that Jessa didn't get along with jana 

Big surprise 

Huge 

really 

I had no idea 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 9

Just now, nst said:

so while loading the dishwasher I hear that Jessa didn't get along with jana 

Big surprise 

Huge 

really 

I had no idea 

Ha! Yea, evidently  it was a lot more than one incident with the jewelry box. Long term friction between the two at least until Jessa was a teenager. She was apparently very demanding and annoying, and Jana was apparently very frustrated and annoyed. JD, Jinger and Joe were among the easiest, according to Michelle. Not surprising. 

• Upvote 9

1 minute ago, Mama Mia said:

Ha! Yea, evidently  it was a lot more than one incident with the jewelry box. Long term friction between the two at least until Jessa was a teenager. She was apparently very demanding and annoying, and Jana was apparently very frustrated and annoyed. JD, Jinger and Joe were among the easiest, according to Michelle. Not surprising. 

can someone please do a recap?

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

can someone please do a recap?

fine 

joy, jessa both go to kendra's to set up some baby thing while the kids are there...all 8 of them....first 6 minutes of quiet and then gideon or garrett hits one other person and kendra talks quietly to them. 

then a boring thing at the duggar home and michelle pretends to be a grandma with like 10 of her grandchildren and a clearly pregnant anna 

then the whole circle thing with kendra, joe, jessa and her MIRACLE announcement that her and jana never got along and now Jordyn is discussing Kendra pregnant. 

and then text messages appear 

am i seriously watching this? 

the baby has arrived 

it's a girl 

SURPRISE 

kendra looks to be in pain after the baby

more texts 

who knew texts could be so boring 

JANA omg its JANA 

michelle is spazzing about having 20 grandchildren 

now a clearly pregnant jessa is making easter eggs colored. 

btw i moved 7 weeks ago so this is my recap in my brand new spanky apartment.

WASHER AND DRYER ENSUITE 

your welcome 

the boys discuss endless colors.....

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • Thank You 5

mom hack 

mom hack 

mom hack 

say it 7 times 

her pregnancy is the elephant in the room.....

the boys eat their cracked eggs over the garbage 

RIVETTING 

SO RIVETTING

almost as much fun watching when jessa spoke to the crew in her bathroom....

when she was pregnant with no  1 

next GRANDMA Duggar aka Moochelle and jana go on about something 

can i just say that my parents are getting their vaccine tomorrow!! 

commercial break 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 5
  • Thank You 4

1 minute ago, AussieKrissy said:

thanks guys

it's not over - you expect me to start and not to finish 

Please.

all of them at the main house 

big party 

Jessa is bringing dyed eggs.... seriously 

michelle needs to tone down the stuff on her face 

moochelle is dealing with unruly grandchildren 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 16

Just now, nst said:

it's not over - you expect me to start and not to finish 

Please.

Opps so sorry, I didn't realise that it wasnt over. I thought a short ep would lead to a short recap.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

anna looks over it ....

henry and spud really need to take acting lessons....if they are the future of this show. 

Just now, AussieKrissy said:

Opps so sorry, I didn't realise that it wasnt over. I thought a short ep would lead to a short recap.

More I want so much  more.... 

kendra and the family arrived

Brooklyn is raised above JB's arms like the lion king 

HATS Are tossed around 

Joe with his girls 

joe is looking what's in store with the family - probably more kids at this point ....

kendra's face is hilarious when JB goes on and on about gifts and babies 

now everyone eats....corn 

jb and moochelle endlessly talk about the lord. 

moochelle spoils us for the weddings that are coming that she thinks we don't know about 

then they sing amazing grace....

the end 

your welcome. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 10

• Coconut Flan locked this topic