IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

Here's a question for everyone. It may have already been addressed elsewhere and it's something I've been wondering for awhile. Do any of y'all think that Josh will ever make it back to the show? Maybe not as a talking head, but in the background without being filmed around or edited out of different shots. I've kind of felt like they're slowly trying to bring everyone back to the show. Derick even said in an interview recently that he and Jill would consider returning. What do y'all think? On the one hand the controversy would be good since TLC seems to have a voracious appetite for controversy. But on the other hand, it might be TOO controversial. Thoughts?

• Upvote 1

On 9/21/2020 at 12:18 PM, Snarkasarus Rex said:

I know Claire is only a couple years older than Justin, but he looks like he’s 15 and she’s in her 20s. ?

I agree but think it's the picture - other pictures of her on instagram she looks like a pre-teen, still in braces.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

2 hours ago, xenobia said:

For some reason I watched the episode. Only interesting thing, imo: John-David is actually a really good singer. 

Right?  He started out kinda silly-singing HBD like you would expect, but then when he kinda held those notes there for the last couple of lines I was like  "wait,,,what?"  I only had the episode playing in the background while I cleaned so it caught me off guard enough that I had to rewind to see if it was actually him.

• Upvote 3

9 minutes ago, donnal said:

Right?  He started out kinda silly-singing HBD like you would expect, but then when he kinda held those notes there for the last couple of lines I was like  "wait,,,what?"  I only had the episode playing in the background while I cleaned so it caught me off guard enough that I had to rewind to see if it was actually him.

I have not watched the episode yet, and now I have a mental image of JD singing happy birthday in the style of Marilyn Monroe. 

• Haha 24
  • I Agree 1

I kind of liked Abbie's birthday segment. JD  seemed to do a good job on the cake, and the drive by was a nice idea. I thought they got a bit close when they gave her the gifts. The rest? Meh.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Where is JD and Abbie's house? I thought it was in a neighborhood or trailer park but it looks like it's next to a bunch of condos in the birthday segment. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, AugustPenguin said:

Where is JD and Abbie's house? I thought it was in a neighborhood or trailer park but it looks like it's next to a bunch of condos in the birthday segment. 

They live in a trailer next to a church in Springdale, about 10 minutes from the main Duggar house.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

JD is many things, the least of which is certainly not the member of a cult, but I will admit of all the adult couples we've seen he gives me the least "ick". He certainly seems to love Abbie. Doesn't redeem him or anything but he gets that soppy lovey look every time Abbie so much as comes up in passing. And not in the gross JB way where it makes me want to take a cold shower while I puke, either.

• Upvote 11

On 9/21/2020 at 6:18 PM, AussieKrissy said:

similar but I don't think same the second one seems a bit more dense in the middle. 

edt is that second one Lauren Caldwell?

Yes. The first is Claire, the second LCaldwell

• Upvote 3

Considering the end of the episode was very much a "busy times to come" speech, does that mean that they have been renewed for another season?

Also, it speaks to how low my expectations are of men that I was pleasantly surprised by Jeremy's (seemingly genuine) joyful reaction to having a second daughter. I have seen too many gender reveal videos of men having tantrums learning they are having a daughter or getting a little too excited about having a son with 2 or 3 daughters right next to them watching on.

• Upvote 8

24 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Considering the end of the episode was very much a "busy times to come" speech, does that mean that they have been renewed for another season?

I suspect it will take a scandal of epic proportions to get them off the air...

• Upvote 2

3 minutes ago, becky_m2001 said:

I suspect it will take a scandal of epic proportions to get them off the air...

Their ratings are still over a million/episode. Very healthy numbers for TLC. I think only 90 Day Fiancee does better. 

They ain't going anywhere. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1

Am I dreaming or didn't the producer near the end ask Josie and the other one (I give up on who is who) to name the grandaughters? They didn't mention Anna's girls. Was that not the question?

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

7 hours ago, becky_m2001 said:

Here's a question for everyone. It may have already been addressed elsewhere and it's something I've been wondering for awhile. Do any of y'all think that Josh will ever make it back to the show? Maybe not as a talking head, but in the background without being filmed around or edited out of different shots. I've kind of felt like they're slowly trying to bring everyone back to the show. Derick even said in an interview recently that he and Jill would consider returning. What do y'all think? On the one hand the controversy would be good since TLC seems to have a voracious appetite for controversy. But on the other hand, it might be TOO controversial. Thoughts?

I think Derick and Jill could carry a separate show. It could be called Jill and Derick, the hijinks of the one that got away. They could have Amy on there and have episodes where siblings sneak over for taboo fun. Spilling the beans about Jill’s growing up time. We have already seen where Derick is introducing her to TV shows. It just might work.

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, griffin said:

Am I dreaming or didn't the producer near the end ask Josie and the other one (I give up on who is who) to name the grandaughters? They didn't mention Anna's girls. Was that not the question?

They mentioned Maryella, but not the oldest two. Very odd. 

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

59 minutes ago, griffin said:

They asked them to name all the girls who have been born in a row, so, the granddaughters starting from Felicity.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3

I've never related to a Duggar so much as when JD was talking about how hard it was to find the ingredients for Abbie's cake. And I kind of want the recipe ?

• Upvote 4

9 hours ago, griffin said:

I noticed that too! They only said Maryellea and the producer was like “That’s right!”

• Upvote 1

When I was watching the latest episode last night I noticed that Anna wasn't wearing her engagement or wedding ring in the scene where she was tying the green balloons on the car before Abbie's birthday parade.   Maybe her weight has fluctuated from all the pregnancies to the point where the don't fit at the moment, but interesting nonetheless since all the Duggar marrieds seem to wear both rings regularly.  

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, mydoggoskeeper said:

When I was watching the latest episode last night I noticed that Anna wasn't wearing her engagement or wedding ring in the scene where she was tying the green balloons on the car before Abbie's birthday parade.   Maybe her weight has fluctuated from all the pregnancies to the point where the don't fit at the moment, but interesting nonetheless since all the Duggar marrieds seem to wear both rings regularly.  

one can only hope she flushed it down the seewald's toliet

• Haha 7

14 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Also, it speaks to how low my expectations are of men that I was pleasantly surprised by Jeremy's (seemingly genuine) joyful reaction to having a second daughter. I have seen too many gender reveal videos of men having tantrums learning they are having a daughter or getting a little too excited about having a son with 2 or 3 daughters right next to them watching on.

Same I saw the clip and was like oh he seems genuinely happy about a girl and then I was like wow the bar couldn't be lower, huh?

• Upvote 5

They’re all obsessed with babies and sex.  Not modest and really boring. It wouldn’t be so bad if they were all a little more educated or interesting or something. 

I saw this somewhere;  It’s not premarital sex if you don’t get married.

I’ll be in the prayer closet looking for more loopholes.  

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 8

I just want a 90 Day Fiance/Counting On crossover. I want to see the Duggars' reaction to Larissa. I want to see Angela start yelling at them about how she would never be submissive to any man because she's only submissive to one man and that's Jesus (there's a mindfuck for them). I want to see if Colt would try to put the moves on Jana because they both have weird relationships with their parents. I want to see all of these weird, emotionally stunted, dramatic, childish adults together in one room (or one Zoom meeting). Make it happen, TLC. You know you want to.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 7
  • Love 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic