• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

CaricatureQualities
7 hours ago, LookieLoo said:

I could have sworn I’ve already seen the birth episodes for Addison and Bella on YouTube. So does TLC release those right after the births and then also make them as part of the “official” show months later? How pointless! 

Ah hahahaha ha. This made me laugh because Yes! Yes they do "officially"  release the same clips multiple times. They have been doing it for while (I can't remember what birth it started with). As soon as a baby is delivered a mini episode is aired on TLC and the internet. Then is is re-aired with a few new bits in an actual episode during the season several months later.. What with social media and the interwebs this makes some sense for births.

But they do this for everything! They show wedding and then they show the lead up to the wedding and then the wedding again! 

But they are really going for it now adding a whole hour of old clips from Counting On and !9KAC after each "new" episode. A new birthing marathon was aired...they showed all the televised births since Jackson (not counting the kids of Jill or Josh of course) and they showed all of Jessa's births...again. How many episodes can they fit in a clip of Jessa birthin babies? The answer is all of them.

I think TLC is incorporating old clips compilation eps with the new season because they can't re-run 19KAC...even in the wee hours of the morning...and so they just take the old episodes and repurpose them. I bet TLC really wants to use all the old 19KAC film they own and are sour they can't....well they can and this is how. 

mpheels

I do wonder if travel and social distancing restrictions this spring impacted the show. They have always recycled footage, but this season seems especially bad. I know the Duggars didn’t really change their lives much to prevent covid spread, but I expect Figure 8 had some limitations in terms of if/when/who could use their production facilities in NC. Even if they converted to 100% work from home, they would have lost time in the transition. The bar is so low for this show - why postpone a season when you can just spend half the time on themed clip shows.

CaricatureQualities

Did anyone notice the new producer that came in a season or a few ago. There are 2 producers that are heard asking questions. Scott Enlow is one and he's been with the show forever (and is usually with Jing and Jer). The other is a woman and she is always the one asking the stupid questions in the talking heads. I don't know her name and it doesn't really matter. I just really dislike that producer. Sometimes I just shake my head with that production team and what they are doing. Like, lets take this turd and make it even more of a stupid turd. Now lets make it even shittier! Shittier and shittier!  Just present the bare turd guys, it's shitty enough. It's not that hard.

Pecansforeveryone

I mean are they really turning a profit with this shit show? Why not do occasional specials? They already have the Plaths as the new Quiverful family on display. The Plaths are riveting compared to the Duggars. 

CaricatureQualities

We just loved the corn maze so much that we came up with the duggar dash around town for family fun and Michelle organized all of it. Yes,  she made the cricket tacos from scratch to commemorate that episode  time joe and kendra ate GORMET chef made cricket tacos with j&J and then the producers had everyone else try cricket tacos from.....um...the producers. The esgargot too.

There is a big difference between chefs at restaurants preparing snails or crickets for eating and whatever  the fuck the producers are passing them on paper plates. Where are they getting it, who is making these things.

Oh and the face masks the boys came up with and made all on their own. Where did the ingredients lists and ingredients come from?  The decorations were left there for them by who? 

Being a part of the show now seems to be just showing up to a place and going through whatever obstacle course the producers have set up for you.

purple_summer

I think TLC is going overboard with clip shows because they really can’t film new content right now. 90 day fiancé has the regular show, pillow talk where old cast members watch the regular show, and now “strikes back” where the cast watches other people watch their show and react. TLC put all their eggs in the reality show basket and now it’s backfiring spectacularly. 

Ever
On 8/5/2020 at 7:23 PM, CaricatureQualities said:

We just loved the corn maze so much that we came up with the duggar dash around town for family fun and Michelle organized all of it. Yes,  she made the cricket tacos from scratch to commemorate that episode  time joe and kendra ate GORMET chef made cricket tacos with j&J and then the producers had everyone else try cricket tacos from.....um...the producers. The esgargot too.

There is a big difference between chefs at restaurants preparing snails or crickets for eating and whatever  the fuck the producers are passing them on paper plates. Where are they getting it, who is making these things.

Oh and the face masks the boys came up with and made all on their own. Where did the ingredients lists and ingredients come from?  The decorations were left there for them by who? 

Being a part of the show now seems to be just showing up to a place and going through whatever obstacle course the producers have set up for you.

The way Michele says “EScar go” is like nails on a chalkboard.

Vivi_music

But seriously snail is SOOOOO good. Maybe the texture is not for everyone (because it is similar to seafoods), but as far as taste goes, it is not strong or overbearing at all. It will usually taste like whatever sauce they are cooked with. Why do we often see this trope on American TV that escargot is slimy and disgusting?

And I've had crickets. It is pretty much the same as with snail. The crickets I tried were a bit nutty and smoked, but nothing horrible or too intense. Considering it is usually served with sauce (or I had some dipped in chocolate), the main taste is the condiment. :confusion-shrug:

Firebird
40 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

But seriously snail is SOOOOO good. Maybe the texture is not for everyone (because it is similar to seafoods), but as far as taste goes, it is not strong or overbearing at all. It will usually taste like whatever sauce they are cooked with. Why do we often see this trope on American TV that escargot is slimy and disgusting?

And I've had crickets. It is pretty much the same as with snail. The crickets I tried were a bit nutty and smoked, but nothing horrible or too intense. Considering it is usually served with sauce (or I had some dipped in chocolate), the main taste is the condiment. :confusion-shrug:

I just can't get past the mental block of eww bugs, GROSS, but bugs make me soooo squeamish. 

ETA the thought of crunching bugs just makes me nauseous. It's just me individually, but I can't get past it.

Edited by Firebird
Adding

allthegoodnamesrgone
1 hour ago, Vivi_music said:

I've had snails professionally prepared twice, and they were really good. The 1st time I was skittish, but after that, nah they really are good. I'll have them again given the chance.  As for crickets? UGH I'm terrified of them alive, not sure I could eat them .