IGNORED

Counting on Season 11: TLC Manufactured Drama While Waiting for Life Events

Coconut Flan

8 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

The older Duggars, the ones already married off, are old enough to have memories of the years before TLC money, of lining up to share the one bathroom, of sneaking food, etc. The younger ones were spared that. I would have thought the older ones would have been more likely to be non-QF because they would have lived the downsides of letting God "open and close the womb", and perhaps the younger ones would be more likely to believe that God rewarded them for being true believers and to want to do so themselves.

This is kind of along the lines of what I had been thinking for some time. Your thoughtful post caused me to be more... thoughtful about it all. It could also be that the older ones remember all those crowded days, but they are also the ones who saw their parents continue baby-makin and blessings-believin and saw how the lord 'blessed' the parents with more money and a bigger house. Some of the older kids may think the baby makin' and leaving it all up to jesus is what DOES lead to better times.

The older ones had more parental attention, probably better home schooling (still inadequate, though, but better in that Michelle did it herself for all the older kids) and saw the blessings, more kids and more money, come. The younger kids have had less parental attention, parents often traveling around while they are left at home, less of a daily schedule, home schooling being farmed out to non-parents, their lives from diapers onward open to the public. The younger ones are really the cheated ones and could build resentment and turn away from the cult. I hope they do, and I hope they can work themselves out of guilt over it, and I hope they support each other emotionally. A lifetime of crazy is really, really difficult to overcome.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, Bobology said:

This is kind of along the lines of what I had been thinking for some time. Your thoughtful post caused me to be more... thoughtful about it all. It could also be that the older ones remember all those crowded days, but they are also the ones who saw their parents continue baby-makin and blessings-believin and saw how the lord 'blessed' the parents with more money and a bigger house. Some of the older kids may think the baby makin' and leaving it all up to jesus is what DOES lead to better times.

The older ones had more parental attention, probably better home schooling (still inadequate, though, but better in that Michelle did it herself for all the older kids) and saw the blessings, more kids and more money, come. The younger kids have had less parental attention, parents often traveling around while they are left at home, less of a daily schedule, home schooling being farmed out to non-parents, their lives from diapers onward open to the public. The younger ones are really the cheated ones and could build resentment and turn away from the cult. I hope they do, and I hope they can work themselves out of guilt over it, and I hope they support each other emotionally. A lifetime of crazy is really, really difficult to overcome.

I actually think the one that had the less parental attention were the middle kids. The older kids had early years with a bit less children for sure. But since a lot of the older ones have been getting married, the younger girls are living in a much less crowded TTH. Also a lot of the siblings still at home are young adults now, so are much more independant and need less attention. This (I hope) would probably mean Jim Bob and Michelle are able to spend more quality time with their younger daughters.

For me, the kids who really got the short end of the sticks are the lost boys who were born after the laundry room breakdown. I think these boys lived like you said: less of a daily schedule, schooling being done by their ''buddy'', being filmed since they were 5 or 6 years old and aving little memories of the tiny house.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

21 minutes ago, Vivi_music said:

I actually think the one that had the less parental attention were the middle kids. The older kids had early years with a bit less children for sure. But since a lot of the older ones have been getting married, the younger girls are living in a much less crowded TTH. Also a lot of the siblings still at home are young adults now, so are much more independant and need less attention. This (I hope) would probably mean Jim Bob and Michelle are able to spend more quality time with their younger daughters.

For me, the kids who really got the short end of the sticks are the lost boys who were born after the laundry room breakdown. I think these boys lived like you said: less of a daily schedule, schooling being done by their ''buddy'', being filmed since they were 5 or 6 years old and aving little memories of the tiny house.

I agree. The same kids who didn’t get the opportunity to learn how to swim, probably Jinger down to James.

• Upvote 6

On 9/16/2020 at 11:53 AM, Flossie said:

I was constantly going "There's a Justin?" or "There's a Jason?"  And I just had to look up to find that there is a Jason.

They're interchangeable to me.

So I can name all of them, usually in order, BUT only because I have an excellent memory for repetition and I’ve seen episodes where they list all of them (didn’t they do it in the opener of the very early show or the specials or something?) so unfortunately whenever anyone asks I can list them off and everyone’s like oh wow you must be a huge fan and I’m like no I swear to god I hate them I hate this this is a curse 

Edited by OrchidBlossom
To add details about my curse
  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 16

1 hour ago, OrchidBlossom said:

So I can name all of them, usually in order, BUT only because I have an excellent memory for repetition and I’ve seen episodes where they list all of them (didn’t they do it in the opener of the very early show or the specials or something?) so unfortunately whenever anyone asks I can list them off and everyone’s like oh wow you must be a huge fan and I’m like no I swear to god I hate them I hate this this is a curse 

I can list them. I'm not sure I'd tell people who don't follow them that a lot about the Duggars. (I'm snarker, not a fan.) Lately I started counting them like sheep when I can't sleep. It's soothing somehow. 

• Upvote 6

2 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I can list them. I'm not sure I'd tell people who don't follow them that a lot about the Duggars. (I'm snarker, not a fan.) Lately I started counting them like sheep when I can't sleep. It's soothing somehow. 

Same, but like if someone sees FJ on my phone (I often keep it open) or if religion comes up (I’ve been living abroad and the religiosity of the country does come up a lot) then the Duggars tend to come up and although I never *try* to bring up that I can name them all in birth order, it’s happened more than once that I’ve ended up reciting the names while being like pleaseeee do not judge me. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

13 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

Same, but like if someone sees FJ on my phone (I often keep it open) or if religion comes up (I’ve been living abroad and the religiosity of the country does come up a lot) then the Duggars tend to come up and although I never *try* to bring up that I can name them all in birth order, it’s happened more than once that I’ve ended up reciting the names while being like pleaseeee do not judge me. 

Sorry I didn't mean to sound judgmental. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

21 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Me too. I name them in order and then spouses and children until I fall asleep. Glad I'm not the only one!

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Sorry I didn't mean to sound judgmental. 

Not a worry! I didn’t thinkkkk you were being judgmental but, ya know, felt like I had to clarify haha

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Confession time. When I can’t sleep I make up future lives for the kids. For example, in 10 years where will Jana be and what is she doing? I never get beyond Jill before I fall asleep.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

Tomorrow is the day of the courtship announcement do you think we will see a magazine story come out today or will they play the surprise card and announce next week after the season finale? Like they will cut the announcement just at the end and left suspense? 

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Tomorrow is the day of the courtship announcement do you think we will see a magazine story come out today or will they play the surprise card and announce next week after the season finale? Like they will cut the announcement just at the end and left suspense? 

I am really hoping for an announcement today!! The only reason I’m doubting we will see one is bc they for sure made it seem like it was Justin and I don’t think Justin will be the one announcing his courtship. Maybe they will want to you with us one more day.....but I have already started stalking their instagrams ?

• I Agree 3

6 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

Nah I think they will wait until tomorrow now. I definitely think it's Justin and Claire or James and Lauren

• I Agree 2

Wow, it really was Justin! 17 years old and already courting, plus they have been talking/spending time together by months! I see an engagement coming before the end of the year at this point

• I Agree 8

Well...Christmas wedding coming. He will be a legal adult by then. JB got a house already waiting for them I bet. This has got to be so weird for Jana. Praying Jackson stays single longer. His birth episode is when I started watching their show.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1

They’re really unimaginative. It would have been a great fakeout for the real announcement to be another couple and save the Claritin announcement for when they aren’t currently on TV (and Justin a legal adult). 

Edited by Snarkasarus Rex
  • Upvote 9

Does this mean we start a Claritin thread? Good grief, they're so dang young! Joystin, JoKen, and Siren were at least adults and the men were in their 20s. This is nuts. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

1 minute ago, divadivine said:

So, is Justin living somewhere else? Is that why he’s not on camera with Boob & Dairy Queen? 

Claire is from TX, I think he was there

• Upvote 4

I think Justin is way too young to get married but this does help explain the seeming gulf between him and Jackson... how in the past couple of years, Justin has been a part of the group with all of the other brothers, while Jackson has been left out (and then partnered with Tyler who is quite a bit younger).  Justin must be somewhat mature for his age.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I am SO disappointed. ? Oh well. Guess I shouldn’t be surprised it’s a boring announcement. I’m just not interested in Justin...... had the Lauren Caldwell announcement been first, I may have been more interested.

• Upvote 6

I call a December wedding, he turns 18 in November.  I didn’t realize she was older than him though. 

• Upvote 4

My prediction is for a thanksgiving engagement and a wedding in February/March. 

On another note, has anyone figured out Claire’s birthday? (for spread sheer purposes). All i know is that she was born in 2001, based on her ig handle (speaking of her ig, she just posted pictures with Justin there). Also, based on the tlc article:(https://www.tlcme.com/shows/counting-on/articles/justin-duggar-is-courting--)

She’s the oldest of 6 and they met in the spring of 2019.

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2

• Coconut Flan locked this topic