IGNORED

Maxwell 41: Taking a Short Vest Rest

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, Captain Obvious said:

So the church is this one.

And Sarah attends a women’s group - but appears to be one of the youngest members of it:

Not a huge church. You can see the "bus ministry" vehicle in back of the church parking lot. The parking lot on the other side of the church is about the same size. 

Spoiler

NWBC_building.thumb.png.5fe949d709c68d5db452108e26b0d2d3.png

Google Maps view from the other side:

Spoiler

ScreenshotBldg2.png.3aa1c8458275eb434eda2a983dcef830.png

From this side it looks as though they possibly have classrooms and/or fellowship room below the sanctuary.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That church has a lot of f*n activities! I’m rather surprised. I guess I figured it would be a small boring church with few young people.

Yes, I noticed they have a youth group, which is something Steve wrote a least one Corner against years ago.

25 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

If Sarah gets engaged we are throwing a virtual shower with real gifts and having them all sent via Amazon.  

I wonder how long it will be for John and Chelsey either head south or move to Iowa. 

We probably won't know about an engagement, since they keep these on the down low since Joe was left almost at the altar awhile back.

But, we could have a reception! :obscene-drinkingdrunk:

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

24 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Tbf they may just be acting like normal people and living their lives as they see fit, but I have no doubt Steve and Teri see it as running away.

I'll admit if/when my kids move far away where I couldn't see them often I'd miss them a lot, and it would make me sad to see them go...but simultaneously I'd be happy for them to follow their bliss.  Unlike what we've seen from S & T I'm capable of complex emotions and being able to see different perspectives.  I guess I didn't get the rule book they use to put everything into good and bad categories.

Oh FFS!  I honestly just wrote the paragraph above imagining my kids moving across the country or overseas so visits would require airfare and vacation time feeling some sympathy for them missing their kids and then I remembered they moved to KC.  Apparently in  the Maxwell thread I enter a weird dimension where living 40 minutes away means you may as well have moved to Moldova.  

Well for people who have to schedule every minor detail and activity AND write it down, factoring in a RT to a location 40 miles away likely is a BIG deal. What pisses me off most about all these folks is, over the years they have found a way to make money on selling their dysfunctional lifestyles. There are people in our world who are so desperate, they have clung to the tips given by the likes of Steve Maxwell and JB Duggar. It pisses me off and frightens me all at the same time!

• Upvote 16

OMG!! 2020 is no joke, now I believe the Spinster Sisters might have a chance on meeting someone and getting married.

I'm S H O C K E D.

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 3

17 minutes ago, HermioneSparrow said:

OMG!! 2020 is no joke, now I believe the Spinster Sisters might have a chance on meeting someone and getting married.

I'm S H O C K E D.

Nah...they will go to Sunday School with the folks. Sit with the folks. End. BUT, maybe Steve will be in a men's prayer group [or one of the "boys"] and might meet someone suitable to consider as a spouse for Mary at least.

In the new posts: "I’m grateful for his [Christopher's]  willingness to help out with the children so I can get extra rest." Really??? He's their father and your husband--he SHOULD DO IT. Most husbands ARE the sole help Moms have unless they are fortunate enough to live near family. UGH

• Upvote 15

51 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Well for people who have to schedule every minor detail and activity AND write it down, factoring in a RT to a location 40 miles away likely is a BIG deal.

It just occurred to me that being raised in Maxhell would give you the perfect skill set to become QC management.

You dive deep into tomes of written procedures, you write policy with mandatory compliance, you require written work instructions for some of the most mundane tasks, you enforce compliance of any directives you issue, and maintain control and hyper-focused oversight over every aspect of your area.  

Or an internal auditor

You have to judge everything according to how it does or doesn't conform to current policy, you issue corrective actions for non-conformance, in the spirit of continuous improvement you constantly look for ways to tighten internal controls to mitigate risk, you have to know how to follow a tight and detailed schedule.

Seriously, a lot of people get into QC and are thrown by the level of minutia and religious conformance to various standards, regulations, and internal policies but any of the Maxwell offspring would take to it like a duck to water.

Of course the part of QC that requires listening to others, soliciting feedback, and crafting policies that don't add unnecessary levels of complexity to the processes would be foreign to them, but they can learn that.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Tatar-tot said:

If Sarah gets engaged we are throwing a virtual shower with real gifts and having them all sent via Amazon.  

I wonder how long it will be for John and Chelsey either head south or move to Iowa. 

I am sure you were kidding, but I just want to reply to this as we've had a lot of trouble with poop touching in other threads.

That will not happen - it's totally against the rules and we will be too busy keeping the servers from collapsing under the weight of posts to have to worry about policing :) 

Seriously guys, when you say stuff like that note that you're kidding for the sake of the mods.  If you don't someone who was warned for legitimately poop touching will quote it to one of us in PM demanding to know why we allow some to do it and not others.  

• Upvote 15
  • Love 3

Something is off with Steve and Teri... how old are they now?

I started to wonder after the blogpost where they admit that they got lost not only once but twice on o n e hike... 

I get the feeling that there are maybe health problems or the need for „retirement“ for Steve...

• Upvote 12

I guess Terri had to cover the end of the assisted living church (not been in the nursing home for YEARS).  They've been attending Sunday evening services at this church for a long time before the pandemic.  So no truly new opportunities to meet anyone since they've been going there for quite awhile already.  Why they act like it was recently found is a good question.

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

I guess Terri had to cover the end of the assisted living church (not been in the nursing home for YEARS).  They've been attending Sunday evening services at this church for a long time before the pandemic.  So no truly new opportunities to meet anyone since they've been going there for quite awhile already.  Why they act like it was recently found is a good question.

The Maxwell’s are so weird about what info they give on the family blog. They are probably one of the strangest fundie families when it comes to their curated blog image. They leave out big important things yet let us in on the minute details of ceiling fan cleaning. 

• Upvote 21

I think this is the church they attend as a family https://www.facebook.com/cotodleavenworth/ image.png.0233661777eb7b8e5ea8ebcd708c883d.png

It looks similar to the parking lot service in this blog. https://blog.titus2.com/2020/05/12/mothers-day-recap-2/

image.png.74952d30fd3cbf695c6925b410ea4361.png

But maybe the other church where Sarah goes to Ladies Group  is the one Anna and Mary do the activities with the children in weekdays?

They may have very full social lives in all sorts of churches in the neighbourhood.  I'm sad for the retirement church members .who lost contact with them though. even if the pastor was rubbish they have lost all those young people in their lives thanks to god sending a coronavirus to earth.  /sarcasm

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

5 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Fair warning that if this happens, especially if it's Sarah, it's going to crash FJ.

Sarah Maxwell getting married is going to would make Nurie Rodrigueses nurptuals look like a slow day.  

Y'all, NO. Just NO! (buffy is totally right. There's jack shit I can do to keep FJ from crumbling under that lol)

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 4
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

So there are possibility 2 or more churches they are involved with. 

How slutty!

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 20
  • Love 1

As much as I want to be thrilled that John and Chelsy may be leaving the mothership’s immediate clutches I can’t help but remember them holding Axton’s hands to control him so much that he wouldn’t even do a smash cake for his first birthday! I have no hope anything has changed with them other than the location of their house. 

Edited by Giraffe
Adding words
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

51 minutes ago, Destiny said:

Y'all, NO. Just NO! (buffy is totally right. There's jack shit I can do to keep FJ from crumbling under that lol)

Which do you think would be the worse day for you: An Ardnt son getting engaged or Sarah Maxwell getting engaged?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 13

Just now, nausicaa said:

Which do you think would be the worse day for you: An Ardnt son getting engaged or Sarah Maxwell getting engaged?

Spoiler

Oprah Winfrey No GIF

Get thee behind me satan!

(I don't even want to contemplate this choice. *horror face*)

• Haha 22
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, ClareDeLune said:

I think this is the church they attend as a family https://www.facebook.com/cotodleavenworth/ image.png.0233661777eb7b8e5ea8ebcd708c883d.png

It looks similar to the parking lot service in this blog. https://blog.titus2.com/2020/05/12/mothers-day-recap-2/

That is the most beige, bland church I think I have ever seen in my entire life. So perfect for the Maxwells. 

1 minute ago, Destiny said:
  Reveal hidden contents

Oprah Winfrey No GIF

Get thee behind me satan!

(I don't even want to contemplate this choice. *horror face*)

Or...Sarah Maxwell announces her engagement to an Arndt! ?

• Upvote 7
  • Rufus Bless 4
  • Haha 16
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

WHY WOULD YOU PUT THAT OUT IN THE UNIVERSE????! YOU KNOW IT'S LISTENING! LE GASP

Seriously, the server would probably just catch fire.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 26

43 minutes ago, Giraffe said:

As much as I want to be thrilled that John and Chelsy may be leaving the mothership’s immediate clutches I can’t help but remember them holding Axton’s hands to control him so much that he wouldn’t even do a smash cake for his first birthday! I have no hope anything has changed with them other than the location of their house. 

I don't know. My family teaches manners. A smash cake is not "us" not even my nephew's family have done that. You don't play with your food, yet we have a blast for birthdays--just not in that way.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

I have been trying to catch up with the Maxwells for three months and look what I miss. Something finally happened!

42 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

That is the most beige, bland church I think I have ever seen in my entire life. So perfect for the Maxwells. 

Better not be MY Arndt. What is is name again, @HerNameIsBuffy??

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

2 hours ago, ClareDeLune said:

But maybe the other church where Sarah goes to Ladies Group  is the one Anna and Mary do the activities with the children in weekdays?

They may have very full social lives in all sorts of churches in the neighbourhood.  I'm sad for the retirement church members .who lost contact with them though. even if the pastor was rubbish they have lost all those young people in their lives thanks to god sending a coronavirus to earth.  /sarcasm

It’s possible they attend two churches - and I hope they attend this one because it’s much bigger and with more younger people - much more like a normal church.

But I doubt they attend it because it isn’t KJV only, has what looks like modem worship music at its service, and plenty of women wearing pants and shorts. I really hope Steve would choose such a place, but I doubt he would. Northwest Baptist is KIV only, traditional music only and skirts on all the women. 

I think they might have attended the Open Door church on a temporary basis because it was the only one having physical services back in May, with everything being shut down for COVID (and NW Baptist actually had a COVID outbreak in March). Also, the Maxwells were already familiar with it because it runs the walk through Bethlehem thing each Christmas, which they’ve posted about before.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 10

They're sort of used to Open Door as they're the ones who put on the Walk through Bethlehem every Christmas so they may view them as an acceptable alternate to no church. 

• Upvote 10

I keep thinking through this information, and I'm pretty conflicted on the whole thing. I knew from a post in March that the retirement facility had given them the boot because of COVID, and that's when they tipped their hand that they'd been attending this conventional church on Sunday nights, and that they were now going to attending on Sunday mornings since their regular "church" had been forced to close its doors. Now it comes out that God had laid it on Steve's heart to get out of there for a while. This on the heels of the marriage of their last single son.

Wouldn't it have been easier for the sons to find wives if they had gone to a conventional church all along? Isn't that how Nate met Mel? It seems pretty obvious that Steve isn't interested in the daughters marrying, but the sons are the ones who will carry on the godly legacy the Maxwell name. Why would he throw up roadblocks that would make it harder for them to find wives?

But...

Is it possible he separated from civilization so the sons would be forced to find wives from farther away, wives who would be easier to mold, who wouldn't bring along in-laws who would meddle? (Never mind how much the Maxes meddle.) Because it Nate met Mel at church, and then Steve became less-than-pleased with Nate's choice (doesn't she have female relatives who wear pants? She herself never wore frumpers like the mothership. And let's not forget sister Grace and her country music habits...with a band called the Wayward Sons!) It would be a lot harder for a bride's mom to have any impact on anything if "coffee with Mom" can't be on the schedule more than once every year or two. So now we have wives from Washington, Kentucky, Iowa, and Ohio. Family interference (with the exception of the Bonts) seems to be pretty much nil, from what we're able to see on the blog (though two sons have sold their debt-free homes on the compound, and I can't imagine John is far behind.) But now, suddenly, his heart is stirred to return to a regular non-nursing-home church.

Interesting.

Or possibly, he could be in the early stages of Alzheimer's/dementia. What year did his mom die, and how old was she? I'm pretty sure she had dementia so that could be something he's exhibiting signs of. Especially if he's getting lost on hikes. That is really concerning.

• Upvote 8
  • Confused 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic