IGNORED

Maxwell 41: Taking a Short Vest Rest

Coconut Flan

I’m glad the kids will finally have some non-Maxwell friends. I hope there is a youth group for Abby.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 10

33 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m glad the kids will finally have some non-Maxwell friends. I hope there is a youth group for Abby.

And she’s allowed to participate. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Joseph's house was sold August 18.

Wait...so that makes 2 Max Bro’s that have moved away from Sesame Street? No Joe, no Jesse and no preaching. Steve must be wondering WTH has happened. End.of.the.world-

• Upvote 17
  • Confused 1
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, fundiefan said:

Joseph's house was sold August 18.

OMG!!! Really? Did they posted about that? Steve must be soooo pissed! 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Now I am wondering where Joseph and Elissa have moved to. I am glad to see they have found a way to put some distance between themselves and the fathership. Another kid or two and it would have been less likely to happen as it can be difficult to step away from family help if you are used to it.

I wonder how long it will be before John and Chelsy jump ship...

Oh and another thing... Why did they name the post Changes For the Maxwells and only mention the change in church and not that face that their son, daughter in law and 3 grandkids moved an hour away?  Unless of course, Joseph and Elissa asked them not to include them in their blog, which is possible. 

• Upvote 14

14 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Now I am wondering where Joseph and Elissa have moved to. I am glad to see they have found a way to put some distance between themselves and the fathership. Another kid or two and it would have been less likely to happen as it can be difficult to step away from family help if you are used to it.

I was just going to say that John and Chelsy must be next. It’s the reversal sons that will leave the Maxhell hub and the pre-reversal sons that will stay. That’s my prediction.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

In the post, Teri said it was 18 years they attended the elderly church, I was surprised to read it was so long. Do we know why they switched to the elderly church the first time? Could this move be because Steve starts to feel the pressure of still having all the girls at home and with no prospect thus far? Or maybe Steve and Teri start to feel too much at a close age to some residents there? 

I hope this could be a good chance for the girls at least they have the opportunity to spend some times near people of their age and not just relatives or older person 

Didn't they leave one church because Steve had major disagreements with the men in the men's bible study or something?

I can't recall the context for how I even know this.  Could have just been speculation that my brain decided to retain as fact.

• Upvote 5

3 hours ago, lexiloumarie said:

And Joseph is in Kansas City as well at least for church? I wonder if they moved first maybe? So much we don't know. 

That was interesting. I'm assuming Elissa and Anna just weren't worth mentioning, but neither was the fact that Joe and family are either driving to KC to attend church or they moved to KC at some point. Maybe both Joe and Jesse are working at Garmin?

• Upvote 8

10 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

Oh and another thing... Why did they name the post Changes For the Maxwells and only mention the change in church and not that face that their son, daughter in law and 3 grandkids moved an hour away?  Unless of course, Joseph and Elissa asked them not to include them in their blog, which is possible. 

Speculation bus, but as Joe has removed religious references to Swift Otter a long time ago and they were advertising to hire for a well paying position I assume the business is doing well and may want to distance himself (SM wise) from his family's controversial lifestyle.  

If there isn't real current content tying him to their beliefs then potential clients shouldn't hold it against him when they find it in a Google search.  Pure speculation.

Given how rarely they are featured over the years I assumed there was more distance between his family and the others, but who knows?

• Upvote 12

2 hours ago, Italiangirl said:

In the post, Teri said it was 18 years they attended the elderly church, I was surprised to read it was so long. Do we know why they switched to the elderly church the first time?

I believe the move was part of Steve's goal to isolate the family. We can safely assume that the older kids were only allowed to associate with like-minded families, so that sleepover that so upset Sarah had to have been with kids from their church.

Could this move be because Steve starts to feel the pressure of still having all the girls at home and with no prospect thus far? Or maybe Steve and Teri start to feel too much at a close age to some residents there? 

It's very possible that a newcomer mistook Steve and/or Teri as residents of the facility.

I hope this could be a good chance for the girls at least they have the opportunity to spend some times near people of their age and not just relatives or older person 

This, in spades.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

hmmm. Maybe Nathan and Melanie made the move first, which would have greatly reduced attendance numbers at St. Steven's.

2 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Because god so wanted the Maxwells to attend a "real" church that he struck the world with a Pandemic. 

Nice god ya' got there. 

"It became necessary to destroy the village in order to save it."

• Upvote 18

30 minutes ago, nvmbr02 said:

According to Joseph's Twitter, he is located in KC. It looks like he is also responsible for developing Magento certification coursework and certification testing. That's a pretty big deal. I think it was smart that he and Jesse jumped on learning Magento before there were many people using it. They developed some skills that very few other people had and that have since become in high demand.

Is John involved in Swift Otter, or is he still doing his irrigation design thing?

I could see them moving back to the Bontrager fathership. Chelsy being a farm girl, I can't see them moving to KC.

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 12

2 hours ago, freejugar said:

This is great, the girls could meet a godly young man in this new church!

Fair warning that if this happens, especially if it's Sarah, it's going to crash FJ.

Sarah Maxwell getting married is going to would make Nurie Rodrigueses nurptuals look like a slow day.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
edited out the optimism
  • Upvote 21
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 8

The post also mentions that both Joseph and Jesse are coming from KC, and refers to a drive of about an hour from "their church." It seems to imply (to me, at least) that they're attending the same one. Good for them to stick together.

With the married children all attending different churches, those Sunday lunches are seriously under threat. If I were Elissa or Anna, I would put my foot down at driving an hour each way to eat bad food with my bitter in-laws every weekend.

What a glorious multitude of disruptions to Steve's control.

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 7

I have these scenes in mind...

At the elderly church, some new coming personnel mistake Steve and Teri for residents of the facility and thus have prompt Steve's urgency to find a new church. Can you imagine? He must be fuming, being mistaken for one of those elderly without a close family to take care of him! His daughters are still at home and his sons are still doing everything he says! Well except for that young one who moved away to rent (rent! Can you believe it?!) an apartment in the city...and now another one seems to escape his grip how could all this happen? 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

What if Chelsy and John enjoy visits to KC to hang out with Jesse and Joe’s family without Steve or Teri involved? Oh my. The possibilities.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 2

So the church is this one.

And Sarah attends a women’s group - but appears to be one of the youngest members of it:

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 9
  • Love 2

On 8/26/2020 at 12:10 PM, Coconut Flan said:

Maybe the kids shouldn't let those two loose in the mountains by themselves again.  Two wrong turns on one hiking trip in the mountains isn't good.

It is actually dangerous. Even if you think you are in an area that has cell phone service, there are pockets throughout the mountains where the connectivity is blocked. Get lost there and you can't call for help. (Or have a heart attack, or break a leg...) 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

Didn't the Church of the Nursing Home close due to the fact that visitors are not allowed at nursing homes currently?  That's been the case most of this year because of COVID.  Only residents and staff are allowed with very few exceptions.  They sure ain't going to open their doors to Stevehovah.  

• Upvote 8

9 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

Didn't the Church of the Nursing Home close due to the fact that visitors are not allowed at nursing homes currently?  That's been the case most of this year because of COVID.  Only residents and staff are allowed with very few exceptions.  They sure ain't going to open their doors to Stevehovah.  

Yes, but it sounds like Steve wanted an excuse to stop running the church there without looking like he was giving up and abandoning The Elderly to Satan, and COVID gave him that excuse.

Why he wanted to leave - who knows, but my prediction is the church was failing to attract attendees, and was often attended only by Maxwells. That’s why they started advertising a few years ago and why they made an excited blog post about the one non-elderly family who turned up once.

Teri also posted that they’d been attending an actual church on Sunday evenings for some time, and long before COVID, so I assume it’s the same one they are attending full time now.

Edited by Captain Obvious
  • Upvote 15

That church has a lot of f*n activities! I’m rather surprised. I guess I figured it would be a small boring church with few young people.

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Wait...so that makes 2 Max Bro’s that have moved away from Sesame Street? No Joe, no Jesse and no preaching. Steve must be wondering WTH has happened. End.of.the.world-

But notice it is the reversals running away from STEVE!!!  Got to love it!

• Upvote 11

Just now, Tatar-tot said:

Karma being what it is...he should have quit while he was ahead. Sure would have been better for TM’s mental health!

• Upvote 6

If Sarah gets engaged we are throwing a virtual shower with real gifts and having them all sent via Amazon.  

I wonder how long it will be for John and Chelsey either head south or move to Iowa. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

9 minutes ago, Tatar-tot said:

Tbf they may just be acting like normal people and living their lives as they see fit, but I have no doubt Steve and Teri see it as running away.

I'll admit if/when my kids move far away where I couldn't see them often I'd miss them a lot, and it would make me sad to see them go...but simultaneously I'd be happy for them to follow their bliss.  Unlike what we've seen from S & T I'm capable of complex emotions and being able to see different perspectives.  I guess I didn't get the rule book they use to put everything into good and bad categories.

Oh FFS!  I honestly just wrote the paragraph above imagining my kids moving across the country or overseas so visits would require airfare and vacation time feeling some sympathy for them missing their kids and then I remembered they moved to KC.  Apparently in  the Maxwell thread I enter a weird dimension where living 40 minutes away means you may as well have moved to Moldova.  

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic