IGNORED

Classically Abby: Conservative Wife in Denial

AmericanRose

17 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

This is the woman who says, with a straight face, that thinking the community is more important than an individual's needs is a conservative idea..... whilst conservatives are the ones kicking up a fuss at their 'freedoms' being stolen because they're asked to wear masks and physically distance.
This is also the woman who says,  "it doesn't matter who wins or loses - what matters is fair play" - as her conservative president is entering his 3rd week of whinging and suing over an election he lost.

Abby loves strawmen. It's how she can convince herself that being conservative is right and superior.

To this Abby might respond with a " no true Scotsman "  fallacy .  To which I would reply by sending her a link to this video .  

Spoiler

And actually , there is a variety of conservatism that corresponds with what Classically Abby describes . It's just that it's not what most people here in the United States would typically recognize as being conservative , and is far more common in the British Commonwealth .  {  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-nation_conservatism  ,  https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Red_Tory }  In my opinion , President Joe Biden is a better example of this sort of communitarian conservative , than virtually any modern day Republican .    {  https://www.conservativehome.com/thetorydiary/2020/11/biden-is-a-conservative-succeeding-not-because-he-is-old-but-because-he-is-old-fashioned.html  ,  https://theweek.com/articles/870864/joe-biden-only-conservative-running-president  ,  https://religionnews.com/2020/11/09/joe-biden-needs-to-remove-the-bully-from-the-bully-pulpit/ ,  https://www.huffpost.com/entry/joe-biden-catholic-president_n_5fa1ec94c5b67617e64c4adf  ,  https://lmtribune.com/opinion/commentary-on-his-third-try-joe-biden-knows-what-he-s-about/article_d7d9437d-c532-552e-b418-b988bd209224.html } 

Abby has literally become "Dear Abby". And she has another sponsor - Nordgreen.

DON'T Waste Your Time With A Man Who Won't Commit. || Answering YOUR Hard Relationship Questions!

Abby disclaims she's not an expert.

Spoiler

Letter 1: a woman has been with her boyfriend for 5 years and lived with him for 3. She's 31, feels her clock ticking, and considers herself traditional in that she wants to get married and then have kids, but her boyfriend won't commit to either.
Abby's response to this is well thought out, and I again think she would be fun to know if she wasn't so stuck on being conservative.
Letter 2: A woman with Turner syndrome has been married for 6 years, and though two friends have offered to donate eggs and they're willing to adopt, finances are an issue.
Abby: Personally, she would turn to god. She also reminds her that she and her husband are a team, and practically, if the issue does come down to cost, they should do everything possible to figure out how to make it work. She advises going to friends and family first for assistance, and then their religious community to "get the word out".
Letter 3: A 21-year-old in her first year of grad school has had 1 relationship that lasted 1.5 years, but since then, no guys that have the qualities she's interested in have asked her out. She's noticed some quality fellows at church, but she wants to be pursued... so how can she get them to ask her out without being too forward?
Abby: Find out what you're projecting and ask yourself ways in which you can project your values / faith.
Letter 4: What are your thoughts on women keeping their maiden names or hyphenating?
Abby: She was so excited to start this new chapter, and she wanted to respect her husband by taking his name - by taking his last name, she was saying 'this is my family now'. Abby thinks a new surname is a 'special gift' women get from their husbands. It's also a gift you can give your husband, by saying I respect you, and I want to be part of this family that you are now the father of (so he's a father of a family before he has kids...?) 
Letter 5: A 19-year-old woman is engaged to a 21-year-old man; they're both still living at home and going to school, but he wants to get married now, whilst she fears she doesn't have the bandwidth to plan a wedding (and she wants to be involved in it, rather than just letting her mom plan it). She asks Abby how she would discuss marriage and patience with him whilst still being loving.
Abby: Most men don't care about the wedding, they just want to get married - so the woman saying that she's too stressed to plan a wedding "isn't going to be a convincing argument". Abby says the function of marriage is so people can become a "sovereign couple" and start their own family, and it sounds like even if they got married, they would still be living with their parents. Abby doesn't agree with delaying marriage until education is complete. She says they need to be able to have their own place and start their own home before marriage. Abby advises a conversation not about the wedding or the planning, but about when they can become a "sovereign family". 

My thoughts:
Do people really assume so much about a person by their career choice / way of dress? That just seems really shallow, and it never crossed to my mind to think, "oh, they're wearing a turtleneck - must be conservative!" or "oh, they're wearing a halter top - must be liberal!" And in all honesty, I don't know much about opera, so if someone told me they were an opera singer, I would likely consider them conservative because it seems a more 'traditional' art form... but Abby's experience was the opposite.
I'm just looking sideways at letter 4. What's wrong with hyphenating? Why does a woman have to drop her family for his? Why not embrace both? She's really keen on 'respecting' husbands! Why isn't it an option for him to 'respect' his wife and take her name instead?
I was today years old when I first heard "sovereign couple" and "sovereign family". 

• Upvote 3

On 9/8/2020 at 2:14 PM, AmericanRose said:

So the advice isn't bad, and it's nice for men to be getting the advice this time, but damn. Abby seems to be attaching a lot of her identity to being conservative... and she also seems to hold them on a pedestal (which is kind of ironic, considering Trump is their leader).

5 Ways For MEN To Attract A CLASSIC And CONSERVATIVE Woman! || How to meet your future wife ?

Hide contents

1. Stop pursuing women who have totally different politics and values from you.
CA says values and politics generally go hand in hand, and that's why she brings up politics as well. She seems to think "liberals" attach as much of themselves to their politics as she does, and also that "liberals" don't value marriage. CA seems to conflate not-conservative with not wanting to get married, have kids, or live somewhere that's not a high-rise in a big city.
2. Develop yourself into an interesting and cultured person.
"Conservative, classic women are usually a very interesting group of women; they're really interested in history, they read a lot of books, they listen to good music, they follow the news, they are really interesting people."
3. Dress well and take care of your hair and facial hair.
Though CA says it's not about being fit, she also says: "being strong shows her you can protect her".
4. Get a job that has potential.
CA says conservative women and classic women know what they want, and they want a man who knows what he wants too. They're the kind of women who date with purpose.
5. Be a good listener.

Does CA know what an opera fan RBG was?  This Abby sounds profoundly immature and narrow-minded.

My 23 year old daughter would die if I tried to push this kind of drivel on her.  What is this influencer nonsense? 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, Caroline said:

Does CA know what an opera fan RBG was?  This Abby sounds profoundly immature and narrow-minded.

My 23 year old daughter would die if I tried to push this kind of drivel on her.  What is this influencer nonsense? 

She is very narrow-minded. Being a married conservative woman is apparently her personality.

I don't think she knows much about RBG, but apparently her "fun personality" and potential opera singer career had men thinking she wasn't "traditional".

I really don't know about this influencer thing - most influencers don't say they're an influencer, and TBH, it seems like she's trying to influence politics rather than clothing / travel / aspirational lifestyle. Hats off to her though - no one is using #LiberalInfluencer, and she's the only one that comes up for #ConservativeInfluencer!
I'm also pretty sure you just become an influencer, it's not something you proclaim and then try to make true... but well, she's getting sponsorships, so I guess it's working.

Edited by AmericanRose
  • Upvote 4

On 11/27/2020 at 11:19 PM, AmericanRose said:

Do people really assume so much about a person by their career choice / way of html s? That just seems really shallow, and it never crossed to my mind to think, "oh, they're wearing a turtleneck - must be conservative!" or "oh, they're wearing a halter top - must be liberal!

According to these articles , fashion has had a political significance .  { https://www.dailytarheel.com/article/2020/11/opinion-political-clothing-1116  ,  https://passionlilie.com/blogs/designersjournal/political-fashion-trends  ,  

https://www.cnn.com/style/article/fashion-influence-politics-and-culture/index.html ,  https://www.refinery29.com/en-gb/politics-in-fashion }   If anyone think that seems shallow , at least we're not in Turkey , where style of moustache indicates a man's political stance .  {  https://cafebabel.com/en/article/the-political-signifance-of-the-turkish-moustache-5ae00a85f723b35a145e66f9/  ,  

https://www.propertyturkey.com/blog-turkey/turkeys-long-lusterous-love-affair-with-the-moustache } 

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 1
  • Confused 2

1 hour ago, Marmion said:

If I see a woman wearing a white shirt on Election Day, or someone wearing a "Resist" shirt, or of course, a MAGA hat - then yes, I would agree clothing is political. It kind of reminds of the days when an earring in a certain ear (I could never remember which) of a man meant he was gay.

But if I see someone wearing... well, let's say, anything Abby wears, I wouldn't really be able to draw a conclusion the way Abby does. Granted, Abby seems to think a high neckline and knee-length hemline = conservative, whereas to me that would just indicate someone who isn't comfortable showing much skin, or who likes the looks of those clothing items on them. If I'm wearing my "Nevertheless, she persisted" that's a political shirt, and you can safely assume I'm liberal. If I'm wearing my "Cat-feinated" shirt or my red dress (though it does cover my collarbones and reaches my knees - I'm too short for anything scandalous ?) I would wish them luck labeling!

Of course, I'm also not a public figure, nor can I afford runway designers. Abby is gunning for it though, so I guess we'll see if she stops shopping at Target and becomes more brand conscious as she gets more speaking gigs!

• Upvote 3

On 11/29/2020 at 9:33 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Dude, chill with the links. Please.

I don't ever post unfounded points .  And neither you or anyone else are being forced to read anything I or anyone else posts , either . So chill it with the attitude , please . 

• Eyeroll 1

4 hours ago, Marmion said:

I don't ever post unfounded points .  And neither you or anyone else are being forced to read anything I or anyone else posts , either . So chill it with the attitude , please . 

Sorry but all I see is a lot of mansplaining and googling. It comes off very know it all and trust me, I am not just speaking for myself.

On 12/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, nelliebelle1197 said:

Sorry but all I see is a lot of mansplaining and googling. It comes off very know it all and trust me, I am not just speaking for myself.

If I were to have different body parts , would you still have the same impression of me ?  All that I have been trying to do is contribute to the conversations here .  If I feel that I have something worthwhile to add to the discussion , then I do , just because I feel that it's an interesting perspective , or relevant information .  I do not mean to condescend , or come across as being conceited . Others are certainly entitled to disagree with me . I only hope that they will do so based upon well considered reasons , and not simply due to my anatomy , which I never even had any choice in .  I have noticed that a few posters might not seem to personally care for me , why I do not know .  But , for what it's worth , I can count their number on one hand , and still have fingers left over .  I have found that the vast majority of the forum membership appreciates what I have brought to the table . And  the slight minority that does not seem to like me , seem to be reacting in a BEC way that I do not understand . I just hope that it's not altogether rooted in misandry , as I cannot help how I was born , and it saddens me when anyone acts out of sexism , no matter whom it is directed at .   

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 1

5 Things I'll NEVER Apologize For || This Conservative Woman WON'T Bow To The Mob
AKA, Abby says things that makes AmericanRose wonder if she's ever actually met a liberal, because despite her claims of having liberal friends... do they know she thinks they want to legislate 'everything they like as mandatory'?

Per Abby, being a conservative today puts you in a position where people call you "the worst names", try to cancel you, and want you to apologise for everything you believe in.

Spoiler

Abby says she won't apologise because her beliefs aren't wrong, and she doesn't need to. She says she doesn't need to bow down to the mob just because they threaten to hurt her if she doesn't (???)

[Long advertisement for The Pearl Source. Navy blue is her favourite colour... um, isn't that masculine?]

1. Being pro-life (I knew she was going to say that). Abby says she's not cruel and she doesn't say these things because she doesn't understand the struggles women go through (though she did air quote when she said "economic opportunities"). She says she'll never choose convenience over morality, she'll never choose death over life. She says she'll always fight for the right of the unborn. 
2. Being a champion of marriage. Abby won't apologise for loving being married and being a proponent of it. She says marriage is about devoting your life to someone else; first one person, and then the people you bring into the world, and for providing the foundation for real, meaningful community while doing so. She says she'll never stop telling men and women how much joy and meaning marriage will bring into their lives.
3. Believing in God. She says everyone here today benefits from Judeo-Christian values because that's what our morality is built on. She says people think it would be easy to reject religion but keep the morals because they think morality is common sense; she likens this to sitting on the edge of a tree branch and trying to saw it off, thinking the tree will be the one to fall. 
4. Praising Modesty. "Just because the Left wants to make everything they don't like illegal and everything they do like mandatory doesn't mean I'm authoritarian like they are."
5. Loving America. "America is the greatest, most moral and revolutionary country in the world."

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

My GLOW UP Story || How I became CLASSIC and how YOU can too!

Abby was inspired to do this video because MM did one.

As a teen, Abby didn't care about her looks because she went to an all-girls school and wasn't hanging around guys.

She learned how to do make-up when she went into her Masters program, thanks to YouTube videos.

And now... how to do a "classic" glow-up, inside and out!

Spoiler

1. Skin. Abby had an acne problem, and worked with her dermatologist to come up with a skincare regime. Abby says she has an acne on her chin that will be there until we're done with masks (perhaps you should try washing your masks?) This helped her feel more confident.
Abby says taking care of your skin also teaches you responsibility. It makes her feel more classic that she's not just taking care of today, she's thinking about the future - that makes sense, we know the 1950s were a bit obsessed with our future space explorations!
2. Skintype. Taking care of the acne helped her find out her skin type and so, now she's better at make-up. She likes doing cat eyes and contours to bring out her cheek bones and jawline. Internally, this made her feel that she had a creative space, and it's something she can do when she just wants to relax; it's also a way for her to take control of how people perceive her. "I want to take care of my looks so when I make a first impression, I have some aspect of control over what someone thinks when they meet me" is a Classic thought.
3. Exercise. Abby didn't take exercise seriously until she met her husband, who's very serious about his exercise routine. That taught her she should be taking care of her body. Abby weightlifts, which she says is important for women because you can get osteoporosis (NGL, I was shocked she said this - I thought weightlifting would be considered 'masculine'). Feeling she had more strength in her body made her feel Classic.
4. Diet. Part of her classic glow up was being careful about what she put in her body, as well as how she built strength in her body.
5. Hair. In her Masters she played around with colour, but now she's very happy with her highlights. She recommends finding a haircut and colour / highlights that works for you.
6. Fashion. Abby decided she wanted to have a sense of style after she got married. She loves very feminine and nautical clothing. Narrowing down your wardrobe to what you really like makes you feel like you have a handle on what is really you. That's Classic.

She thinks most of her internal glow-up came from... *drumroll* getting married, because you have a home to take care of, and another person who's there to support you "all the time". What helped her have this glow up was finding a sense of calm, which for her came from finding the person she wanted to marry, having her own home, etc. made her more confident in being classic, because... people in their friend group liked that about her? She says she wasn't trying to fit in anymore because she didn't have to. She says you don't have to get married to be confident or to have a classic glow-up; it just comes down to what makes you feel confident.

She says this is how she went from being a normal girl to Classically Abby living a classic lifestyle. She thinks being classic is a 'wonderful goal to hit'. 

So... Abby didn't care about her looks until she was hanging around guys? It does make me smile a little to think that my teenage self was wearing makeup and agonizing over clothing, and teen Abby didn't care (though her school had a uniform, so) - of course, no doubt she would disapprove of me now!
I find it a bit funny that in one video she asks if you'll want people praising you for your body or your family at age 50, but in this video she says she's taking care of her skin now so she won't have to deal with the consequences of not taking care of her skin in the future. But surely your family is more important than wrinkles?

I have to admit, I really don't know what she means by being classic. So far as I can tell, it means living the 1950s "Leave It to Beaver" life (we'll just skate over the fact that that wasn't reality for the majority). But though sure, it looks pretty, I still can't figure out what makes that more classic than the 1850s, or the 1200s, etc. I'm pretty sure she just likes how "simple" life was back then (you grow up, get married, have kids - if you deviate from any of the norms, you just don't exist; if you cause trouble, you "go away") and how pretty the clothes were, but.... asflkjasdflkjasf. I don't get it.

It's okay if you just want to be a fashion vlogger, Abby. You don't have to coat it with politics and religion.

• Upvote 4

• 4 weeks later...

6 Tips To GET THROUGH To LIBERALS! || It is NOT easy to bridge the gap...

Abby read "The Righteous Mind". She doesn't love the book because it was written by a liberal for liberals and the author ended up being 'condescending' to conservatives, and stereotyped their morals and values, but there were some valuable lessons that will help view people on the 'other side of the aisle' as 'people, not as enemies'.

Abby is going to tell us the difference between leftists/"wokists" and liberals!
"Leftists live out their woke ideology as religion even though it doesn't look like a typical religion. They want to tear down our existing moral structures and society and start over from the beginning. They believe that all the things we now accept, things that are common sense, things that define morality, define right and wrong, define our social structure, all that was created during a time when there was too much anything -- too much bias, racism, any ism - to have any value or legitimacy or moral authority. For the woke, for leftists, they believe they are the only ones who know what true morality is and that we need to tear everything down and start over. Now think about that. From their words and their actions, it's very clear that they believe they are smart enough to tear down everything we have known and start it over with their woke ideology. And anything that is not their woke ideology is wrong, immoral, evil, bad, we need to get rid of it and start from scratch using their version of morality. We can't really negotiate and have a conversation with leftists and wokists because we're starting on entirely different footing. It honestly doesn't make any sense to engage in conversation with someone who doesn't have common ground with us because they don't look 'how can we make things better from here', they think we need to tear it down and start over. This is different from liberals, who, like conservatives, are trying to do the best for everyone, but are still working within the same framework."
Disagreements between liberals and conservatives are more often about practise than principle. Abby says it's important to have liberals on their side to fight against the "wokist" ideology.

Spoiler

1. Make People Feel Understood BEFORE Trying to Change Their Mind.
2. Recognize Their Thought Process.
3. People In the West Are WEIRD (Western, Educated, Industrial, Rich, Democratic). Western liberals analyze morality based on the individual, and not in connection to community or social obligations. Conservatives, however, see there's more to morality than just harm and fairness.
4. Disposition Does Not Mean Predestined.
5. Understand Why Liberals Are Skeptical Of Religion and Groupishness. Abby says religion has encouraged people to be trustworthy. Per Abby, true happiness comes from feeling as though you're part of something greater than yourself, and that's why 'wokists' treat their philosophy as a religion - because it feels as though they're part of something larger than themselves. "When you don't have real religion, you make one up." Per Abby, participating in religion brings joy and happiness. It's also "super important" to creating communities and creating good behaviour among societies.
6. Liberals Don't Understand Conservative Ideology the Way Conservatives Understand Liberal Ideology. Per Abby, liberals don't understand that conservatives are trying to bring about more happiness in society by encouraging society to be a community built on values that are accurate about human nature and moral virtue. And which have rules that are the proper balance of humility, and aspiration. Liberals don't understand this because they're WEIRD. They view everyone as individuals and don't see the communal binds that make people happier, and by breaking people apart, they're making people lonelier and sadder because they don't see what the connections actually bring. They believe that personal freedom in every possible moment is the highest possible good. And they forget that in the pursuit of 'liberty' in this sense, they have actually made people sadder and more alone, and deprived them of the duties and obligations that give people meaning.

First off, there's a big difference between politicians and your neighbours. That said, I'm not going to consider the average Joe, liberal or conservative, my enemy - at the end of the day, we're all just humans trying to make the best of this life.

I find it odd that all liberals are just assumed to be one way - no religion, no community, just a bunch of lonely atheists. 

I get the feeling that Abby doesn't see why things can't be the way it was in the 1950s - ignoring the fact that there was blatant racism, and there were still gay and trans people - they just suffered in silence.

I would love for Abby to expound on these "values that are accurate about human nature and moral virtue" look like, as well as what those rules that are the "proper balance of humility and aspiration" would be.

I would also love to know who these 'wokists' are, because I'm starting to suspect she's never met one. My mother is a Trump Republican. She says she's woke. Somehow I don't think that's what Abby means.

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

A few days after telling her audience that feminists want them to feel guilty for staying home (cue a comment section full of feminists saying otherwise), Abby comes back with...

10 Books I WANT To Read In 2021 || Conservative books included!

Spoiler

1. Judaism Straight Up, Moshe Koppel
2. Basic Economics, Thomas Sowell
3. Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance, Robert M. Pirsig
4. Freud: The Making of an Illusion, Frederick Crews
5. "Anna Karenina" in our time, Gary Saul Morson
6. A Historical Tour of Disney World, Andrew Kiste
7. War and Peace, Leo Tolstoy - Abby says she and her husband are Russian literature people, and recommends a particular translator.
8. The Splendid and the Vile, Erik Larson
9. The President, the Pope, and the Prime Minister, John O'Sullivan
10. The Torah

I love to read, so this was of interest to me.

Jeremy Vuolo is now wondering if, instead of saying he loves all things classical, he should claim something more specific. Look for JinJer's Insta bio's to now claim they love all things Russian ?

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Abby is very unhappy that some company discriminated against her by pulling their sponsorship after some "leftists" complained.

She's really bringing it home that conservatives take words and twist them to suit their agenda.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 1

• 2 weeks later...

5 Things YOU Should Do (Or NOT Do) In A LONG DISTANCE Relationship || Conservative Dating Advice!

Abby has had two long distance relationships in her life - one lasted for 9 months, and the second she married - so she feels she knows a lot about them. She thinks it's "kind of silly" to refuse to enter a LDR; she also says they shouldn't last years - you do them "with intention" to be in the same place "at the end of that" (which could take years... but okay Abby).
We learn that Abby was long distance with her husband their entire relationship, which strikes me as odd because ideally you would spend significant time together in person before getting married, but okay.

Spoiler

1. Don't Text. Though it can feel great to be so connected, things can go wrong easily with things being misunderstood.
2. See Each Other in Person for Long Stretches of Time. If you meet and are immediately long distance, make sure you spend a week (or two) of uninterrupted time with each other within a month or two. Abby and her husband spent 2 weeks together, and then a month later on. I'm just laughing at how privileged she is... and she doesn't even seem to realise it.
3. If You Can, See Each Other Frequently. Wait a minute... she and her husband saw each other every other weekend. Is that really a LDR??? It's a 6 hour drive (she was in NYC, he was in Charlottesville, VA), but... I don't know.
4. Don't Make Every Visit a Vacation. 
5. Hang Out with People, Not Just Each Other. Abby says it's important to see how your SO interacts with others, and how your dynamic changes around others. 

The advice isn't bad, but I don't see what makes it conservative.

• Upvote 6

I find it funny that she's talking about LDR's... when she and her husband were able to see each other every other weekend.
I do, however, wonder how they spent a month together. It seems like a motel room for that long would get expensive... but the idea that they shared a roof seems to go against those "classic" ideals she tries to uphold.

I'm still wondering how this is 'conservative' advice. I suppose their idea of "liberal" LDR advice would be:
Text Often, Sext Daily, Send Nudes, It's Okay to See Other People While Long Distance

• Upvote 1

Despite the "discrimination" conservatives face, Abby is speaking at the Clare Boothe Luce Center for Conservative Women tomorrow.

Dress Up, Ladies: A Guide for the Successful Woman
We are excited to host conservative influencer, Abby Roth. Abby blogs at ClassicallyAbby.com and will be speaking on dressing for success. She is a conservative influencer, opera singer (with three degrees in operatic performance), and blogger."

3 degrees in operatic performance, and yet she never pursued a career in opera.
Also... so far as I'm aware, Abby has never actually held a job. How exactly is she going to tell women how to dress for success?

I would consider her more of a YouTuber than a blogger (especially since last I looked, her 'blog posts' are just links to her YT videos) but okay.

• Upvote 5

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/29/2020 at 7:56 PM, AmericanRose said:

If I see a woman wearing a white shirt on Election Day, or someone wearing a "Resist" shirt, or of course, a MAGA hat - then yes, I would agree clothing is political. It kind of reminds of the days when an earring in a certain ear (I could never remember which) of a man meant he was gay.

But if I see someone wearing... well, let's say, anything Abby wears, I wouldn't really be able to draw a conclusion the way Abby does. Granted, Abby seems to think a high neckline and knee-length hemline = conservative, whereas to me that would just indicate someone who isn't comfortable showing much skin, or who likes the looks of those clothing items on them. If I'm wearing my "Nevertheless, she persisted" that's a political shirt, and you can safely assume I'm liberal. If I'm wearing my "Cat-feinated" shirt or my red dress (though it does cover my collarbones and reaches my knees - I'm too short for anything scandalous ?) I would wish them luck labeling!

Of course, I'm also not a public figure, nor can I afford runway designers. Abby is gunning for it though, so I guess we'll see if she stops shopping at Target and becomes more brand conscious as she gets more speaking gigs!

I just quoted this in order to mention that I just recently read about this trend of girls on Tik Tok posting mock up makeover videos based upon how they believe those whom are Republican and liberal respectively  stereotypically look , and was reminded of this . I just thought that I would post a link or two that I have read , commenting on this trend .  https://www.dailydot.com/debug/tiktok-republicansona-makeover/  ,  https://www.theguardian.com/technology/2021/mar/01/tiktok-trend-makeup-republican-liberal  Whether or not they should , it seems that people have come to judge others politics based on appearance .  

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

Classically Abby made it to the big time -- the Wonkette snark page.  The article was snarkalicious.

• Thank You 2

59 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Classically Abby made it to the big time -- the Wonkette snark page.  The article was snarkalicious.

Apparently my internet navigation skills are on the fritz, because I couldn't find it. Do you have a link, please?

ETA--Sorry, never mind! Found it!

https://www.wonkette.com/ben-shapiros-sister-destroys-leftist-plan-to-make-america-unattractive

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
eta
  • Thank You 2

@Marmion That's just wild. My mother is always trying to get me to dress in more revealing clothing, and she's as conservative as they come (as those who've seen my posts in Q threads can testify), whereas I'm the opposite. I wonder which side of the political spectrum "I don't wear makeup" falls on? On one hand, I'm "natural" like god intended... but on the other hand, I'm not 'taking care' of my appearance... 

Hahahaha. Of all the things she's posted, "the left wants you unattractive" is the one that did the most reaching.

• Upvote 3

• 1 month later...

Due to censorship from the "alt left", Abby is being forced to monetize her content on Substack.

It's not very 'classic' to lie, Abby.

9 hours ago, AmericanRose said:

Due to censorship from the "alt left", Abby is being forced to monetize her content on Substack.

It's not very 'classic' to lie, Abby.

Poor thing. She looks like she needs the money real bad ?

• Haha 2