IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

Her idea of killing him with kindness is totally bogus. If your married to someone like that it doesn’t matter what you do it will never be enough. Women shouldn’t have to martyr themselves. God doesn’t ask for that. Lori is also asking women, demanding women to do something she herself wouldn’t do.
I’ll be honest guys I’ve been pretty disgusted with the whole Alexander family these last few weeks. There just horrible. Plan and simple

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 6

Lori is doubling down on shut up (not enough to be silent at church, now you have to be silent at home/most of the time as well), make that food, spread those legs and have those babies.  did i miss anything? women truly are less than human to Lori. so sad

• Upvote 13

I kinda feel that Lori is so against communication because if she was to point out shit Ken does she’d have to face the things she’s done. I think it all goes back to hiding and burying all of the problems and calling it scripture. 

Communication is sooo important. But if Lori’s parents really did fight as much as she says they did or if she really was nagging Ken early in their marriage I imagine she has a pretty skewed view of communication. It’s why other women couldn’t possibly have good communication with their significant others. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

On 9/9/2020 at 2:46 PM, feministxtian said:

Hell, I'm chief baby wrangler now for my son and DIL...mostly because baby A is one of those "refuse to sleep" babies. I mean, she will NOT give up. Rufus forbid she fall asleep and miss something even if it's just a shadow on the wall. I'd forgotten what it's like to be covered in baby slobber...baby A is starting to blow spit bubbles and drool. 

How funny- my name starts with an A and I also refused to sleep. My parents said that my sister (who is two years and change younger than me) slept through the night before I did. To this day I am still a horrible sleeper, I've tried everything!

• Upvote 5

There is a photo of me and my Daddy taken when I'm probably a year old.  I'm lying on his chest looking over his shoulder. He's holding me while sitting bolt upright in a chair fast asleep. I am staring at the camera wide awake. According to my mother it was about 3:00 am and this was totally normal.

The story goes I was not a night sleeper as a baby or small child. I didn't fuss or cry I just didn't sleep.

I would quietly slip out of bed , silently get downstairs and lay on my stomach on the floor of the hallway bathroom that had a diagonal view of the living room and the TV.  I'd lay just inside the shadow from the door so as not to be seen. 

All my life I was sure my parents knew and just ignored me.  That is until I mentioned it to my mother about 12 years ago.  She had no idea I'd done this night after night for years.

I remember thinking as a child that all the fun interesting things happened at night and I didn't want to miss anything.  My mother always blamed my night owl behavior on being born just after 2:00 am.

I'm still a night owl, 12:30 -1:00 am is a usual bedtime. I'm also a light sleeper. Mr. Dress can roll over in bed and I wake up.  I still think all the fun and interesting things happen at night and I still don't want to miss anything.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 14
  • Haha 2
  • Love 1

One of Lori’s commenters explains today that the Bible very specifically tells women what to wear. 
I’ve read the whole thing. I totally missed the section with the specific dress code for women. And if there were one, I doubt anyone would be following it as clothing styles and even the way clothes are made have changed immensely. Plus, there are many different climates in the world. 

But, thanks, foolish TTW fan girl.  

• Upvote 14

Every time a Lori follower says “ dress like a harlot be treated like a harlot” or “look slutty be treated like one” I’m reminded that these people have no compassion. The Bible, while not particularly clear on what modesty looks like, is very clear that we’re to have the fruits of the spirit. I don’t care how others dress so long as it’s appropriate to time and place. But to decided people are “harlots” or “sluts” and then judge them for it is wrong. Also the audacity to think someone should be treated terribly because of how they dress. Where is Christ in that? 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 6

8 minutes ago, fluffy said:

Lori posted in the chatroom that her tumor is back. She wrote something like Just found out my brain tumor is growing again.

I know she’s a horrible person and this might explain some of her recent horrible behavior but I don’t wish brain cancer on anyone.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

3 hours ago, Kailash said:

I know she’s a horrible person and this might explain some of her recent horrible behavior but I don’t wish brain cancer on anyone.

Its not cancer

Its a tumour that can either be benign or secret hormones

https://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/health/conditionsandtreatments/pituitary-tumour

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

13 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

Every time a Lori follower says “ dress like a harlot be treated like a harlot” or “look slutty be treated like one” I’m reminded that these people have no compassion. The Bible, while not particularly clear on what modesty looks like, is very clear that we’re to have the fruits of the spirit. I don’t care how others dress so long as it’s appropriate to time and place. But to decided people are “harlots” or “sluts” and then judge them for it is wrong. Also the audacity to think someone should be treated terribly because of how they dress. Where is Christ in that? 

I wonder if Lori considers Cassi's wedding gown "modest". Because it wasn't (and I bet Lori paid for it). Alyssa's fashion is far from "puritane". But her daughters are white, beautiful, middle-class married women, so they can do what they please. Apparently.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, fluffy said:

Lori posted in the chatroom that her tumor is back. She wrote something like Just found out my brain tumor is growing again.

I wonder if this could be the cause of her ramblings and the fact she has no self awareness....

Folkshave been saying for a long time that something was wrong and she needed to see a doc.

I don't wish harm on her. Maybe this could explain some things though.

• Upvote 13

I’m having trouble finding any compassion for Lori. She has wished harm or death on so many people who don’t believe in her rigid views. She and her followers would cheer for harsh punishments , especially for women who dare to have an abortion or use birth control or refuse to have a non-submissive relationship.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

50 minutes ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

I wonder if this could be the cause of her ramblings and the fact she has no self awareness....

Folkshave been saying for a long time that something was wrong and she needed to see a doc.

I don't think it's caused any of her ramblings or lack of self awareness, but I do think it's probably caused any filter she once had (and it wasn't much to start with, that's for sure!) to fall away completely. Maybe the realisation that she might not beat it this time has caused her to double down even harder on some of her pet topics, like wearing thongs on the beach or keeping silent not only in church but any time they're even around their own husbands. :my_confused:

I can't really snark on her illness, though. There have been very few people in history I would consider evil enough to ever have wished ill on, and as ugly as Lori's words can be, she is not in the same category as Adolf Hitler. So I'll just say I hope she can recover from this and come to the knowledge that time is precious and she needs to spend less of what's left of hers on posting stupid, often dangerous crap on the internet and more on what's actually important--her family.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Free Jana Duggar said:

yes  for the past year especially she has seemed derailed in her words and appearance at times -- talking about odd grooming/lack of grooming habits etc. So many signs beyond her normal toxic positions on things.   i don't like what she teaches but i will  pray for her and her family.  They will especially need it. We know from her self admission she is a difficult patient. maybe she will stay off social media now and leave her nonsense social media presence behind and focus on whats important for once.

• Upvote 6

She made the announcement on FB a just a couple of hours ago.  She’s got the usual offer of prayers as you’d expect but then people comment with the whacky essential oil cures and some guy panicking about whether or not she drinks diet soda.  Read the room and save it for another time people!

• Upvote 8

2 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

@SongRed7, I doubt she’ll ever stay off social media. She needs the attention 

Sorry to say you're probably right.

The quacks are already out in full force:

Lori, please look at frankincense oil for brain tumors. Rubbed onto the roof of the mouth. Look up Ty and Charlene Bollinger - The Truth About Cancer series. They are brilliant and Christian.

...if your drinking diet drinks stop immediately!....also any artificial sweeteners! I would also tell you that if it were me or any of mine I would be going to see Dr Josh Axe...he and many drs like him have healed people who had no success with conventional medicine! Also start intermittent fasting! God made your body a super healing machine, you just have to give it what it needs and stop the things that are causing it!

Clearly, they have no idea how organic Lori's diet has been all these years. I doubt an artificial sweetener has crossed her lips in decades.

And our old friend Guisel says:

Praying!! You ministry is too important

Guisel, NO ONE's ministry is 'too important.' 

• Upvote 5
  • WTF 7

1 hour ago, Fallgirl30 said:

but then people comment with the whacky essential oil cures and some guy panicking about whether or not she drinks diet soda

i saw all the woo cures-people have come out of the woodwork.  so far they've offered:

• raw diet
  • high doses vitamin C
  • Boswellic acids (???)
  • frankincense oil (and other essential oils)
  • a variety of miracle doctors who are curing people of all kinds of things left and right
  • intermittent fasting
  • the Cellect-Budwig(???) protocol

From all indications and from all her woo, sounds like she is seeing a real medical doctor (and most likely there will be some women on the healthcare team) and that's a good thing.

Edited by SongRed7
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 6

Not to be snarky, but as we'd all noticed how mean, unhinged and rambling Lori had been for a long while, knowing the tumor is back confirms what many of us had suspected.  Perhaps Ken (who I'm positive saw what we saw) finally persuaded her to see her doctor.  He may be a fundie, but he's not blind or stupid.

I'm trying to feel compassion for her, but finding it difficult. That said I don't wish a brain tumor on anyone.

The woo woo quacks, in addition to praying for her and her oh so important and wonderful "ministry",  are out in droves sharing their bogus quack cures. So many bogus quack cures. Thanks @SongRed7 for the list. FYI Indian frankincense is Boswellia.

I particularly like the frankincense oil on the roof of the mouth for brain tumors -- And while Ty and Charlene Bollinger (The Truth About Cancer series) may be brilliant and Christian, they are also nutcase quacks. Another fave is the high doses of Vitamin C for brain and lung cancer. 

Sooo... I wonder if Lori will trust God  or resort to modern medicine and the cyber knife?

I'll see my self to the prayer closet.

• Upvote 7

She said in her blog post that she'll be undergoing a series of 25 days of treatments similar to the ones she had the last time (she only had five days of treatments then): "It is so many more days since they can’t give me such high doses of radiation, because I have already had it once." So yeah, modern medicine for the (hopeful) win. 

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Another fave is the high doses of Vitamin C for brain and lung cancer. 

IIRC, Vitamin C is water-soluble, which means you pee out what your body doesn’t need.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

I read her post today- she refers to it as a pituitary tumor and a meningioma. Those are not the same thing, although treatment can be the same protocol. 

I am confused by her statement about radiation- it doesn’t matter (as I understand) how much is delivered at once- there’s a total max dose (lifetime) that is considered safe. 

• Upvote 5

I genuinely don’t think the pituitary tumor is causing her recent more-batshit-than-usual behavior. She’s just repeating all the toxic baloney she’s been spouting for years. 
I attribute it to two possibilities: She’s hip-deep in the toxic conservatism of Parler and she may be suffering some kind of cognitive damage associated with aging.

She’s about the same age as my younger sister, who is 62. My sister was recently diagnosed with atrophy of the frontal lobe, a possible precursor to dementia. We had been concerned about her occasional forgetfulness, tendencies to “tune out” (she’s become hard of hearing and often doesn’t bother with her hearing aids), and a shuffling gait that turned out to be not an orthopedic problem but a neurological one.  

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 3

3 hours ago, Hane said:

I genuinely don’t think the pituitary tumor is causing her recent more-batshit-than-usual behaviour. She’s just repeating all the toxic baloney she’s been spouting for years. 
I attribute it to two possibilities: She’s hip-deep in the toxic conservatism of Parler and she may be suffering some kind of cognitive damage associated with aging.

She’s about the same age as my younger sister, who is 62. My sister was recently diagnosed with atrophy of the frontal lobe, a possible precursor to dementia. We had been concerned about her occasional forgetfulness, tendencies to “tune out” (she’s become hard of hearing and often doesn’t bother with her hearing aids), and a shuffling gait that turned out to be not an orthopedic problem but a neurological one.  

No, it certainly doesn't

I'm guessing she has the one that excretes ACTH, basically a stress hormone

But it doesn't cause behavioural changes, the nastiness is 100% Lori.

And it is treatable, why they aren't going for surgery (pretty easy access through the nose, no skull drilling necessary) I'm not sure

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/pituitary-tumors/symptoms-causes/syc-20350548

Again, it is NOT cancer, it's treatable and if she describes it any other way for sympathy points - shame on her!

Edited by squiddysquid
yeah meningeoma isnt the same and again that would be a slow growing -as in decades- harmless tumour , even if it gets so big it has to be cut out, no behaviour changes whatsoever
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic