IGNORED

Lori Alexander 77: Back in Door County Again

11 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

I can finally post! 
LONG time lurker here and so happy to join the Lori conversation!

Welcome! Love the user name! 

I think there’s a lot to critique her children on with how they’ve allowed Lori to be around their children unattended. As far as Alyssa’s page I view it more as a business page as opposed to a personal page. The things she posts are perfectly curated so she can sell the products she wears. She uses just the right amount of “inspirational” or lifestyle things to mask as someone who is down to earth and real. The more vulnerable posts enhance this. The unfortunate part about Instagram influencers is that the perfection and curated vulnerability they post draws people in without subscribers realizing that this is business. It’s how she makes her money. But that’s my opinion. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

2 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

I think there’s a lot to critique her children on with how they’ve allowed Lori to be around their children unattended. As far as Alyssa’s page I view it more as a business page as opposed to a personal page. The things she posts are perfectly curated so she can sell the products she wears. She uses just the right amount of “inspirational” or lifestyle things to mask as someone who is down to earth and real. The more vulnerable posts enhance this. The unfortunate part about Instagram influencers is that the perfection and curated vulnerability they post draws people in without subscribers realizing that this is business. It’s how she makes her money. But that’s my opinion. 

I agree. She would lose her contracts with Fabletics and Toesox if she didn’t delete posts relating to Lori. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

In addition, she has an open facebook account where she critisized the government for putting inmigrant children in detention camps. So at least she has a bit of humanity, conversely to her in-laws.

Steven also has a female partner in his practice and all of his staff is 100% women (which in my experience is typical in most orthodontic and medical practices)...and Emily has posted other things contrary to Lori's beliefs. 

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

Thank you haha! A friend from high school used to call me that [emoji1787]
That is correct and understandable that people are critique about Lori being around the children when she has written post after post of her questionable parenting. I’d make the argument she didn’t parent. She is literally a cycle of spank-submit-salad. I can’t quite figure what she did with her kids when they were children as she really doesn’t post any specific or happy memories from raising them. Just that she was sick. Or ‘ill’ as she puts it.
I guess that kinda does answer my question about feeling like Lori was abusive because if they really deeply felt that way they probably wouldn’t be spending so much time with them.
I also think it’s interesting that Steven and Cassi moved away. Only two kids are close by.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steven also has a female partner in his practice and all of his staff is 100% women (which in my experience is typical in most orthodontic and medical practices)...and Emily has posted other things contrary to Lori's beliefs. 

Right, which makes sense because let’s be honest not even Lori follows her beliefs to the degree she thinks other women should.
I know this has been discussed before but she really does lack basic empathy for other humans.
I’ve seen a lot of people share personally stories with Lori she responds with a cold, simplistic, way.
Life is not a simply formula that Lori makes it out to be and I deeply hope as few people as possible are taking her literally.

• Upvote 9

Don't look now, but on Alyssa's just post IG story today she has picture of Lori with her baby and Lori/Ken with the baby.  I don't necessarily think she reads here, but seems like a defensive move.

HMM??

• Upvote 5

Lori’s blog showed up on my Facebook newsfeed today. Everyone was assuming it was satire. I had the unfortunate duty of correcting them

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 4

So I’m reading Glennon Doyle’s memoirs in revise order Untamed and then Love Warrior and she’s talking about sex and how with her husband it felt like an obligation and duty. She would then divorce said husband and marry a women. It kinda got me thinking and I’m not sure if this has been discussed so I‘m sorry if it had and this is redundant but what are the odds Lori’s a lesbian? Pretty likely I’d say.

• Upvote 2

11 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

So I’m reading Glennon Doyle’s memoirs in revise order Untamed and then Love Warrior and she’s talking about sex and how with her husband it felt like an obligation and duty. She would then divorce said husband and marry a women. It kinda got me thinking and I’m not sure if this has been discussed so I‘m sorry if it had and this is redundant but what are the odds Lori’s a lesbian? Pretty likely I’d say.

I don’t get a lesbian impression from her (I’m bi) but then again the old “make a move you useless sapphic” trope is alive and well with me so usually I need a legal disclaimer and skywriting to convince me a girl is being more than friendly. 

• Upvote 3

15 hours ago, brittbratkittykat said:

but what are the odds Lori’s a lesbian? Pretty likely I’d say.

I know it's been discussed on this forum in the past.  In mind I'm really not sure, but I've always noticed that Lori is overly concerned about women's anatomy.  She had that YOUTUBE last year discussing women's breasts and how she noticed some of them had "hard ones" because of implants and how at one point in her life she desired them.  and there have been other occasions when she has seem inordinately obsessed with women's bodies...and thong bathing suits (do people REALLY wear those? I like in NJ and go to the beach frequently, and I've never seen ANYONE in one in years and years and years). 

• Upvote 6

41 minutes ago, SongRed7 said:

I know it's been discussed on this forum in the past.  In mind I'm really not sure, but I've always noticed that Lori is overly concerned about women's anatomy.  She had that YOUTUBE last year discussing women's breasts and how she noticed some of them had "hard ones" because of implants and how at one point in her life she desired them.  and there have been other occasions when she has seem inordinately obsessed with women's bodies...and thong bathing suits (do people REALLY wear those? I like in NJ and go to the beach frequently, and I've never seen ANYONE in one in years and years and years). 

She also wants to paddle women’s bottoms. That’s not something most women talk about. 

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2

I think it’s a possibility that she may be attracted to women or asexual but idk what we do know is that she’s mean. 

I mean is she not enjoying door county? She’s had a lot of hot takes lately. I wonder if some of her family members are being loud opinionated women and she’s upset. Or they scolded her for being online. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

She also wants to paddle women’s bottoms. That’s not something most women talk about. 

For a modest gal she sure talks a lot about T & A.  The fact that she married Ken fairly young (early 20's) while admitting that she didn't love him raises the red flag that she felt as though she needed to get married - perhaps to reassure herself or others that she was "normal."  

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

For a modest gal she sure talks a lot about T & A.  The fact that she married Ken fairly young (early 20's) while admitting that she didn't love him raises the red flag that she felt as though she needed to get married - perhaps to reassure herself or others that she was "normal."  

Or because it was the most socially acceptable way for her to get a lifetime meal ticket.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1

Oh goody!  It’s the story of Lori’s many sufferings. That’s one of my favorite episodes. ? Apparently she’s suffered so much that she can’t even tell us how much she has suffered. 

Edited by HoneyBunny
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 12

I love how Ken always rushes to defend Lori’s mothering. And I love how it’s always a different explanation.

• Upvote 11

On 7/28/2020 at 10:56 AM, brittbratkittykat said:

Right, which makes sense because let’s be honest not even Lori follows her beliefs to the degree she thinks other women should.

Lori doesn't follow her beliefs AT ALL. She's a lying liar who lies. The majority of the things she pushes women to do are either things where she's "past that season of life" (and did NOT do when she was in that season of life), things she claims to do (but it's obvious from her posts she doesn't), or ridiculous things some of which only apply to her wealthy white non-working self ($14 butter, black salve, etc.).

And half the stuff she's posted in the past several months directly contradict what she's posted in the past. 

On 7/30/2020 at 12:33 PM, Sarah92 said:

I think it’s a possibility that she may be attracted to women or asexual but idk what we do know is that she’s mean. 

Truth.

I think she's oddly obsessed with female bodies and talks about sex an awful lot for someone whose current sex life consists of "ten minutes and some lube". Whether she's attracted to women or just hiding her kinks, I don't know. But I do know she is MEAN. Evil, nasty, worse than most Disney villains MEAN. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1

So...did Lori’s parasites eat her ovaries? Did her brain tumor leave her infertile? Did the car accident smoosh her uterus?

’Cause if none of that happened, she should have had more babies. We know damn good and well that Lori would not let any other woman get by with those excuses. We know she would not bother discussing the “exceptions” that other women mention when discussing family size. AND, she would accuse these women of failing to trust God. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 11
  • Love 3

Have we ever heard the story of Lori's miscarriage before?  I seem to remember reading it somewhere once, but only once and it was rather vague.  It's not been a part of her "all I ever wanted to be was a mother" narrative. You'd think with as often as she goes on and on and on and on about her 25 years of being so so so sick, she'd be going on about the heartbreak of her miscarriage. But you'd be wrong.

I simply cannot believe it took years for a doctor to do a stool sample on Lori to discover her parasites.  Nor do I believe that whatever she was prescribed ruined her stomach for 15 years.  What I do think is Lori's doctor was her dad -- the pathologist -- and whatever over the counter woo weirdness she took set her stomach "on fire" (as per Ken's description).

Let's not forget that Cassie has written about her own stomach parasite troubles. Parasite stomach troubles seem common in the Alexander household. Maybe that's why Ken cooked for himself.

Ken Horse of Truth doesn't answer the college hypocrisy, but Lori does in a comment, stressing it only cost $3700 for an entire year for her private Christian college. Maybe tuition, but probably not including room and board.  $3700 was not nothing in Lori's day. 1976 $3700 is $16,763.60 in 2020.

Lori tells us her roommate paid for college by waitressing in the summer. [Lori didn't have to waitress because Daddy paid for college.]  Imma just gonna say that in 1976 a waitress was paid $.75 -$1/hour plus tips.  Not big tips mind you, perhaps $.25 for each $1 of the bill. You'd have to waitress in a high end restaurant to clear $3700 after taxes/ FICA/ uniform fees/ etc. in 3 months.

Lori also spews her usual nonsense that college trains women in "Feminists Marxist philosophy which is anti-God, anti-family, and anti-traditional values."  Oh yes and women are more "easily deceived." Speak for yourself Lori. 

So basically college -- but only for women -- turns them in tattoo-ed, debt ridden, fornicating (her new favorite word) sluts who get abortions because they happen to be bored on a random Monday afternoon.  She doesn't actually say that, but it's what she means.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I don't think I ever heard that she'd had a miscarriage, and I've been following her for at least eight years now (yikes, I think I need to get a life! LOL). 

Y'all. Guess what today's topic is? :D

There’s much controversy whether or not masturbation is wrong. My question to you is can you glorify God while masturbating since we are told to glorify the Lord in all that we do? Can you masturbate and not have sexual images dancing in your mind? I doubt you can do either.

Well, she was nattering on about Victoria's Secret a day or two ago. Do you think she got a catalog in the mail and Ken got hold of it before she could throw it away?:wanker:

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, Loveday said:

My question to you is can you glorify God while masturbating since we are told to glorify the Lord in all that we do? Can you masturbate and not have sexual images dancing in your mind? I

So jerking off in front of a picture of Jesus would be ok?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12

If God was a prude, he wouldn't have made sex - or masturbation - pleasurable.

Honestly. Fundies say God is an all-knowing, all-powerful, loving father who wants the best for everyone. But their version of God also lays traps he knows people won't be able to avoid, "tests" people all the time in cruel ways, and makes lots of wonderful things that he then wants people to avoid all the time, then sends anyone who can't make all those hurdles to an eternity of suffering. 

Fundies' version of God is evil. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

Lori’s alleged health issues aren’t an excuse for everything she makes it an excuse for. 
I had untreated chronic gastritis from childhood until my early 40s. A burning stomach ache was part of my life. Somehow I managed to go to school and college, graduate with a high GPA, teach for 16 years working 70 hours a week and another job in the summer for the first six years and basically continue with life. It was untreated and undiagnosed by the way because it was always attributed to stress. When I was a child, doctors told my mother I probably just worried too much. I hate that damn meme that goes around telling parents that when kids have anxiety they say they have a stomach ache. I had a damn stomach ache and no one would listen and figure out why. It may be a stomach ache and have very little to do with stress or anxiety. Although having burning pain in your stomach can cause stress or anxiety. 
But I digress. Stomach issues suck. But you can go on with life. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 12

5 hours ago, Loveday said:

I don't think I ever heard that she'd had a miscarriage, and I've been following her for at least eight years now (yikes, I think I need to get a life! LOL). 

Y'all. Guess what today's topic is? :D

Well, she was nattering on about Victoria's Secret a day or two ago. Do you think she got a catalog in the mail and Ken got hold of it before she could throw it away?:wanker:

Don't feel bad or weird. A lot of us been following her that long. I think she might have been discussed on FJ in 2011 after the move from the old boards. It was in 2012 when we started to discussing her more. The Always Learning blog started in 2011 and I did manage to read some of her early postings from there a few years back.  She wasn't too nasty in the beginning of that blog. It was around the time her older daughter got married and her older son had his first child. She seemed to get nastier once she started focusing more on slamming working moms.  

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

My question to you is can you glorify God while masturbating since we are told to glorify the Lord in all that we do?

I suppose I can do that about as well as I can "glorify God" while using the toilet, driving a car, eating a cheeseburger, going for a walk, watching a movie, or sweeping a floor. None of those things are particularly spiritual nor are they tremendous ways of loving one another through service, but there isn't anything wrong with them. They are just mundane ordinary human actions that bring some glory to God (if God is viewed as the creator of mundane-life-working-well) but not much.

Can you masturbate and not have sexual images dancing in your mind?

Well, not any better than I can have actual sex without sexual images dancing in my head! There's nothing wrong with sexual images as long as the aren't filthy (ie degrading others) and don't involve any lust or objectification that targets a real person. Christians, like everybody else, are allowed to think about sex.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic