IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

7 hours ago, Noquiver said:

The selection of pictures Addie posted just wasn’t enough! also that she refers to him as “hunk”.... yikes 

I hate that word. It just makes it sound like your boyfriend is big and dumb. Call him something else. Please.

• Upvote 3

39 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I hate that word. It just makes it sound like your boyfriend is big and dumb. Call him something else. Please.

I hate it too. It's a JRod word and I tend to hate her words. But in that case, your description tracks...

• Upvote 4

I was on instagram and looking at Morton and Morton adjacent accounts. I noticed that Hunter Kendall (Lise's brother I think) has the letter Q as his picture. The account is private so I could to see more but does the Q mean he's a Qanon  member? I would not surprise me since I think most of the fundies are MAGA folk. 

• Upvote 3

10 minutes ago, browngrl said:

I was on instagram and looking at Morton and Morton adjacent accounts. I noticed that Hunter Kendall (Lise's brother I think) has the letter Q as his picture. The account is private so I could to see more but does the Q mean he's a Qanon  member? I would not surprise me since I think most of the fundies are MAGA folk. 

Yes, he is, and an outspoken one. His IG stories are a trip and a half. The rest of the family members don't seem to be as virulently Q as he is; they mostly stick to the Q-adjacent issues like COVID allegedly causing child trafficking (???).

Edited by albireo
phrasing
  • Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 3

Young white privileged fundie male seems like the perfect candidate for Qanon. I’m somewhat surprised we don’t see more. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Adeline did a big revamp of her wedding registry. Either she gained some perspective or got a lot of stuff at her shower(s). Now there are bikes on there, the three (four?) blenders are off, as well as the multiple dutch ovens & waffle makers and duplicate white bath mats, etc...

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 2

On 7/11/2020 at 10:58 PM, SolomonFundy said:

Part of me thinks that they don't update the blogs because they are locked out now that Alan is out of the picture. He set up the first, and short-lived second incarnation of MortonClan, and it's possible that the third was set up on the same email account. That doesn't explain the abandonment of BrothesFive, but it's a possibility. I honestly think they would set it to private if they still had access. 

It just occurred to me that maybe it's not a matter of being locked out of the blog so much as that blogging in general is associated with Alan since he got that ball rolling, and they're just over it because they're over him. And since they're not interacting with it anymore maybe they've forgotten that it's still out there.

• Upvote 2

Addie is starting to post more on IG.  She is counting the days and Michael is her gift from God.  I am HERE for this.  Bring it on! I am hoping for lots of posts leading up to the wedding and starting after the honeymoon.  

Also, it looks like Martha has kept up the puppy business.  She has been posting lots of pictures of the newest litter. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, JMO said:

Also, it looks like Martha has kept up the puppy business.  She has been posting lots of pictures of the newest litter. 

She posts lots of pictures of puppies but what about the mother dog? I have a feeling the Mortons would be the worst sort of back yard breeders.That mother dog is probably pumping out litter after litter of puppies with no consideration to her health and wellness....much the way the Mortons treat their women. The women all chose their role but the poor mother dogs. 

• Upvote 11

Kennedy is starting a pregnancy workout group (she was already doing some sort of MLM fitness thing). I'm guessing she's expecting the next one?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Kennedy's resentment over Alyssa getting to "the blue zone" first was palpable. I'm not surprised if she's already pregnant again. She's not going to prevent for any logical reason, and at this point, her competitive spirit won't rest until she's produced an Andrew Jr.

• Upvote 6

3 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

Kennedy's resentment over Alyssa getting to "the blue zone" first was palpable. I'm not surprised if she's already pregnant again. She's not going to prevent for any logical reason, and at this point, her competitive spirit won't rest until she's produced an Andrew Jr.

I could totally see Kennedy being resentful since Alyssa managed to gestate a baby with a penis, but do we have any evidence for this?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 8/22/2020 at 6:36 AM, albireo said:

Yes, he is, and an outspoken one. His IG stories are a trip and a half. The rest of the family members don't seem to be as virulently Q as he is; they mostly stick to the Q-adjacent issues like COVID allegedly causing child trafficking (???).

I had never heard of QAnon and had to google it. From BBC: 

"At its heart, QAnon is a wide-ranging, unfounded conspiracy theory that says that President Trump is waging a secret war against elite Satan-worshipping paedophiles in government, business and the media.

QAnon believers have speculated that this fight will lead to a day of reckoning where prominent people such as former presidential candidate Hillary Clinton will be arrested and executed."

Okay, we all know fundies are crazy and all, but, WTF?! The worst part is that Hunter is serving in the US Coast Guard (or at least he was the last time I checked), and if he is actively raising "awareness" of these issues it is really, deeply troubling. Seriously, I'm not American but if I were, I would NOT want a person who believes utter bullshit like this to guard my country. And probably the lovely dear Mortons find this all totally cool and fine.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
Because I can't quote right...
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

25 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

Seriously, I'm not American but if I were, I would NOT want a person who believes utter bullshit like this to guard my country. 

Me neither, but this stuff is spreading like wildfire here. Trump himself mentioned it the other day. People are stuck inside watching youtube and feeling anxious. Even previously "mainstream" folks are getting radicalized. It's scary.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, lexiloumarie said:

Martha is posting lots of excited #blessed posts. Potential #2 finally. 

I was think the same thing.  "He fulfills his promises."  

• Upvote 4

17 minutes ago, JMO said:

I was think the same thing.  "He fulfills his promises."  

Doesn't she post that sort of thing all the time?

• Upvote 4

13 minutes ago, albireo said:

Yeah, I didn't read anything different into it. She is typically over the top about her god and promises and love and manly men and boyhood and womanhood and whatever else she posts about. 

I've always believed she is trying to convince herself. But, more power to her, I guess. We all need something to hold onto and if her lifeline is a flowery view of her god, so be it. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

35 minutes ago, albireo said:

Yes, but at least she seems to have stopped the Plexus shit. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

1 hour ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

People are stuck inside watching youtube and feeling anxious. Even previously "mainstream" folks are getting radicalized. It's scary.

Lately it feels like we are living in a real life X-Files episode that goes on and on. Honestly, what the world needs now is Dana Scully to sort things out in a scientific way!

Off topic, but could someone explain why Hillary Clinton is always so hated by these people? Is it because she is a powerful woman, or just because she is a woman? I realize she is probably no angel, but the hatred against her seems always so excessive.

Edited by LurkerOverThePond
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 4

In my experience (ex-fundie light), it’s misogyny combined with loathing of Bill “Cheater” Clinton. And yes, the irony is deafening.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

I realize she is probably no angel, but the hatred against her seems always so excessive.

Oh, it has basically nothing to do with her policies. Even those "on the left" who hate her tend not to be able to articulate much of her actual agenda. She's just a ball-busting, shrill, unfeminine, [insert long list of things men say about women when they get out of their place here].

• Upvote 7
  • Downvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, but at least she seems to have stopped the Plexus shit. 

She posted about her "pink drink goodness"  as well.  Along with a sparkly unicorn sticker.  And in addition to saying that God keeps his promises she put a "Good News!" sticker on it.  Could be anything.  Maybe Tate got a good job or something, but I admit that I read into it. 

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 5

Hillary Clinton is a strong, educated, articulate woman. She forgave her husband his indiscretions and that, for some, is a reason to despise her. I know several who "can't get past her staying with him". Ironically, many of these people think in absolutes otherwise so I've always suspected they're using it as an excuse. 

I don't think I've ever had a conversation with anyone who dislikes her that vehemently that centered around her policy / politics. It's all personal. And that stems from being scared of strong women and intimidated by them and feeling "less than" because of them - basically, all internal reactions about themselves that actually have little to do with her. 

Fundie dislike of her is pretty much a given. She's a heathen woman and a Democrat and a baby killer and apparently involved in a sex ring and blah, blah, blah. For non fundies, it's misogyny, plain & simple. For the GOP, she's a scapegoat. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic