IGNORED

Mortons 3: Exclusively on Instagram! (I miss Addie’s blogging)

nelliebelle1197

Bret is ranting about accusers on his Facebook again. It's interesting to me that he's so firmly against accusers. Wonder how deep his reasons go.

He literally says that God wants to change every child molester into a Holy-Ghost filled preacher. 

Fantastic. God can go right ahead and do just that. As long as the child molester is in prison and his audience is the mirror.

Edited by Mudgie
  • Upvote 7
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 6
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I saw a fundie sharing something on instagram that said, “800,000 children go missing every year. Where are the children?!”

If they had half a brain cell they would google and find out the vast majority of those children are found within 72 hours! And way less than 1% of those 800,000 children are abducted by a stranger. 

The link you shared is right. They don’t even bother to take two seconds to google. They just share it because they want it to be true. They want to pat themselves on the back. They want to feel superior.

There are four million babies born in the USA annually. If 800 000 children were missing and stayed there, you'd think that somebody would notice that  every fifth kid is unaccounted for. 

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Yes, Shoshanna Pearl Easling repeated this nonsense yesterday. 

1635789581_ShoshannaEaslingsCrap.thumb.jpg.08b4103859dc9a6b5d0847fa52f2d68d.jpg

Gosh, for Heaven's sake! If you see missing children trafficked on the internet disguised as furniture, it's your Christian  duty  to order the cabinet that costs thousands of dollars and when the shipment arrives, call the police and set the child free.

These people are soooo useless. Why do I have to tell them everything when God's will is so plain to see.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 3

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gosh, for Heaven's sake! If you see missing children trafficked on the internet disguised as furniture, it's your Christian  duty  to order the cabinet that costs thousands of dollars and when the shipment arrives, call the police and set the child free.

These people are soooo useless. Why do I have to tell them everything when God's will is so plain to see.

Shoshanna makes big money off her downline. She has the money to buy all the furniture and save the children. Why doesn’t she do that? 

• Upvote 7

This Wayfair nonsense is just a gateway for them to catch liberals in their own twisted "logic."

"Look, it says right here in this article that it's TRUE."

"But that's not a reliable source."

"Says who? Neither is the mainstream media. They just won't touch this story because they're in on it."

"No,it's not a thing."

"Butheremails!!!!"

"That's not a thing. The New York Times said--" 

"THAT'S NOT A RELIABLE SOURCE!" 

?‍♀️?‍♀️?‍♀️

• Upvote 10

Looks like they are doing a zoom call to pick out Addie's dress. Martha posted in her IG story. 

• Upvote 3

Kress has a "just for fun" poll up in her stories. The options for Addie dress styles are fit-and-flare, 50's, "vintage ball gown", Cinderella, and Boho. I have no idea who has voted (I didn't), but her comments make me think that none of the options she offered are the style of dress that Addie picked. 

But, for the sake of my quiz-loving, Seventeen Magazine reading former 12 year old self, I pick "50's". 

• Upvote 7

I'm surprised there is no 18th century Jane Austin-esque girly girl, feminine, pwetty, speciaw, sweet, pwetty, soft choice for Addieums.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 3

Kennedy posted a picture of herself sitting on the floor, wearing a mask in what appears to be a bridal salon. So dress shopping definitely happened today.

• Thank You 2

I remember that Dorothy’s wedding dress was really pretty, so I am hopeful about whatever gets picked. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

Her dress was beautiful and she was a stunning bride. I'm really excited to see what Addie chooses. 

• Upvote 3

Has anyone looked at the registry? Over a $1000 in pots and pans alone! I know she's the last girl but wow. Michael's family must have money - Martha made a thrift store registry so I know it's not the Morton's spending that money. 

• Upvote 1

44 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

Has anyone looked at the registry? Over a $1000 in pots and pans alone! I know she's the last girl but wow. Michael's family must have money - Martha made a thrift store registry so I know it's not the Morton's spending that money. 

You aren’t kidding! Goodness there are some expensive items on that registry. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

You aren’t kidding! Goodness there are some expensive items on that registry. 

No, I'm not one to judge the occasional expensive item because sometimes the nice stuff just lasts longer/is better and I get registering for that versus the really cheap stuff you know you'll just be pitching (I'm the proud owner of a kitchen aid and it's attachments because it just works for us). And I'm used to high cost metro areas - that registry just floored me. 

The Mortons that got married over a decade ago seem to be living rather differently than the newly married Mortons. Kress just posted about how she misses the thrift stores in the US. Because one of their couches has so many holes in it. So her husband stapled an old piece of fabric over some of the holes. And Kressant’s bff SIL Addy is registered for a $435 pot.

51EC43B5-AE15-4A4E-B438-23B837D97B8A.jpeg

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

I just did a quick registry dive, and I'm kind of surprised:

* Not a single item has been purchased from the BB&B registry yet, which may be meaningless since some folks use those as a recipe for what to buy elsewhere. But if Michael's family in well-off (are they?), it seems likely that some of the extended family would have made a purchase by now. Especially since time is of the essence, and the whole point of registries is to alert other guests to what has already been acquired for the couple.

* The distribution of kitchenware to linens is shocking. If the Mortons have ANYTHING spare to give their last homemaking offspring, it would be surplus durable kitchen goods. They'll have 2 teenage boys in the house after she leaves. It seems insane to keep everything in the cabinets that they've held onto for decades of massive-scale hosting.

*It is a tradition in the Morton home to have a little ceremony where Jeanine gives the soon-to-be-married daughter flatware. The selection of "family silver" is laid out, and the daughter makes her pick for her future household. Either they've stopped with this, or the silver in question is genuinely considered too nice for daily use. Addie registered for new flatware.

* There are so few linens! She got what she needed to fit out a large bathroom (so many bath rugs), plus some personal taste stuff like the fairytale princess diaphanous bed shroud, and a single dust ruffle.  I would have expected to see more towels, and a hell of a lot more sheets.  She did register for three comforter sets. but only two sets of sheets for the entire household. Martha was the laundry person til her marriage, but even if Addie has only had a passing involvement in the task, it's impossible that she's unaware of how quickly sheets wear out in a large household. This is so odd to me. Either she has a ton in her hope chest, she just forgot to add that on, or she's somehow inheriting a lot of linen from her family home. Which is weird that they'd give her tons of used sheets, but no pots and pans that are objectively more likely to last her a lifetime.

14 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Mortons that got married over a decade ago seem to be living rather differently than the newly married Mortons. Press just posted about how she misses the thrift stores in the US. Because one of their couches has so many holes in it. So her husband stapled an old piece of fabric over some of the holes. And Kressant’s bff SIL Addy is registered for a $435 pot.

And this is the SECOND Le Creuset on her registry.

• Upvote 4

Confession:

I received 2 le Creuset pots pretty similar to Addy’s at my wedding a decade ago. However I NEVER registered for them! A nice family friend with a larger budget than many of my guests gifted them to us. Unfortunately I’m a terrible cook and don’t use them much. I feel like I should give them away to people who would use them more. 

• Upvote 3

To be fair Paraguay is a poor country (the area they live even more so), even when the Mortons work for themselves I can't imagine them making as much money as you can make in the US, I was just talking to my husband that I might have an opportunity to work for 6 months in the USA and with that money we can make a down payment for a house here, keep in mind we live next to Paraguay and salaries and things are higher here. Buying a couch, even if it is used isn't something cheap for us,  I bet is waaaaay more expensive there. No wonder lots of Paraguayans are emigrating here and to Chile, Peru, Uruguay.

I don't understand why would you want to change being comfortable and with lots of opportunities to live in a poor very rural country.

55 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Mortons that got married over a decade ago seem to be living rather differently than the newly married Mortons. Kress just posted about how she misses the thrift stores in the US. Because one of their couches has so many holes in it. So her husband stapled an old piece of fabric over some of the holes. And Kressant’s bff SIL Addy is registered for a $435 pot.

Spoiler

• Upvote 4

Wow. Adeline & Michael are greedy little things, aren't they? That registry is a lessson in "gimme it all"! Who needs thre freaking Ninjas? Two waffle makers? Four white bath rugs?

I have two cast iron dutch ovens. Neither is le Creuset though. One I got for my wedding, 23 years ago. One I got because I wanted a smaller one when I became un married & was cooking smaller, about 10 years ago. Both still work beautifully and they cost about 1/5 of those on Addie's registry. 

• Upvote 2

21 hours ago, fundiefan said:

Two waffle makers? 

They actually had 3 waffle irons.  Their registry made no sense.  And nothing was bought.  I wonder if it was supposed to serve as a guiding list.  As in, any of these 3 waffle irons would work.  They only had one of each dishware on the registry.  Surely they need more than one plate?  So bizarre.  Also, while she has only posted about him twice since the engagement they are full of praise for the Lord and her Man.  Did you know that he is a gift from God?  I CANNOT WAIT for the wedding/post wedding posts.  I FULLY expect her to be even more over the top than Martha in her praise for her man.  I am HERE for this sort of IGing. 

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, JMO said:

They actually had 3 waffle irons.  Their registry made no sense.  And nothing was bought.  I wonder if it was supposed to serve as a guiding list. 

They have a bunch of kitchen gadgets that appear on the list multiple times-- does anyone need that many strainers? I wonder if she's just clicking everything she sees with the idea of editing it down later, or if multiple people are adding to it without consulting each other.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

On 7/20/2020 at 4:40 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

To be fair Paraguay is a poor country (the area they live even more so), even when the Mortons work for themselves I can't imagine them making as much money as you can make in the US, I was just talking to my husband that I might have an opportunity to work for 6 months in the USA and with that money we can make a down payment for a house here, keep in mind we live next to Paraguay and salaries and things are higher here. Buying a couch, even if it is used isn't something cheap for us,  I bet is waaaaay more expensive there. No wonder lots of Paraguayans are emigrating here and to Chile, Peru, Uruguay.

I don't understand why would you want to change being comfortable and with lots of opportunities to live in a poor very rural country.

Are you in Argentina or Brazil? ?

It's so interesting how many fundamentalist religious people of so many denominations move to rural areas of South and Central America. It's not about physical comfort but about total freedom to establish their own communities with their own rules. For the Mortons it's about living out the  frontiersman fantasy, Little House in the Prairie style. 

If you end up living in the US, you'll make what seems like lots of money but you'll quickly realize how much you have to spend. Practically nothing is free. Monthly bills are very high, food is expensive, taxes and tips on goods and services add to that. I'm sure the Mortons boys didn't feel rich or blessed with many opportunities in rural Georgia. Ironically, they probably feel better off in Paraguay, where, relatively to local populations, they live a much more comfortable life in large houses with adequate amounts of food. 

• Upvote 2

36 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

Are you in Argentina or Brazil? ?

It's so interesting how many fundamentalist religious people of so many denominations move to rural areas of South and Central America. It's not about physical comfort but about total freedom to establish their own communities with their own rules. For the Mortons it's about living out the  frontiersman fantasy, Little House in the Prairie style. 

If you end up living in the US, you'll make what seems like lots of money but you'll quickly realize how much you have to spend. Practically nothing is free. Monthly bills are very high, food is expensive, taxes and tips on goods and services add to that. I'm sure the Mortons boys didn't feel rich or blessed with many opportunities in rural Georgia. Ironically, they probably feel better off in Paraguay, where, relatively to local populations, they live a much more comfortable life in large houses with adequate amounts of food. 

We're in Argentina!

You're probably right about that, they must live truly comfortable. Rural Paraguay is very much no man's land so they probably feel "free" to do whatever they want, not pay that much taxes (if at all), those communities are quite religious and narrow-minded so that surely makes a difference for them.

Here in Argentina we do pay lots of taxes, the bills are pretty high, the salaries are not bad but not great either, so I'm used to the whole spending lots of money, at least here in Buenos Aires, in the Patagonia the salaries are really really good and people live quite comfortable there.

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, usedbicycle said:

I know that this is completely a matter of perspective, but it made me smile seeing the US described as being expensive apropos of goods and taxes. It reminded me of being on holiday in Hawaii and our taxi driver apologising for the high sales tax (4% iirc) and us being highly amused given it is 15% where I live. Then again, the healthcare costs in contrast seem extraordinary (and we don't have to tip!). 

• Upvote 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic