IGNORED

Maxwell 40: Wearing Their Vests in an Apartment for Fun

Coconut Flan

Call me crazy.. or blind... but I do not think I saw a SINGLE jumbo plastic BIB on any kid!!! I mean there were children sitting in fun kids chairs, eating off disposable plates ON THEIR LAPS.. and nary a save-a-bite-bibs to be seen!!

Its like a 4th of July Miracle!!!

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1

My grandparents contributed greatly to big events like Christmas, Easter and Birthdays, and were very generous people. I think Sarah has probably just worded it badly as usual, I would have put

”Gigi really kindly treated us all to the lovely food today. She also loves to treat us at Christmas which is extremely generous of her”

I think Sarah wanted it mentioned but just made it sound so formal and forced. As per usual.

• Upvote 17

3 minutes ago, allyisyourpally5 said:

I think Sarah wanted it mentioned but just made it sound so formal and forced. As per usual.

Yes! I think Sarah’s wording could be taken to mean “ Because there are so many mouths to feed, thank goodness Gigi pays.” 

Hopefully she meant:  “Gigi offers to pay for our holiday meals. Because there are so many mouths to feed, we are so grateful for her generosity and we know it it is not a small thing.” 

• Upvote 12

5 hours ago, Hane said:

Fourth of July post up! My brain exploded: new bride Anna Maxwell was simply called “Anna.” No sighting of Chelsy or Elissa—could they simply have noped out of the whole shebang?

They're also visible in a shot near the bottom of the post, but only if you recognize their hair as they're seated in camp chairs facing away from the camera.

1 hour ago, usmcmom said:

I’m pretty sure this is Elyssa. Maybe she just keeps a low profile at these events. Lord knows I would. 

Hide contents

DA98E93A-8304-4616-B412-759E5878A10B.jpeg.831dacba3fe5d813860b90dbd9679d89.jpegB87DB934-9F41-4F81-90ED-10461FE1E3F3.thumb.jpeg.29d551fdb37ad17d457730ec20d2167f.jpeg

Elissa's skirt, though thoroughly modest and appropriate, is so short and form-fitting that for a hot second I thought a woman was at the Maxgathering in SHORTS!

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Poor forgotten Simon Peter. Since his birth, he’s spent a lot of time outside of Maxhell. I bet they forget him all the time.

Simon's the lucky one

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Simon's the lucky one

True. He has mama all to himself right now and he doesn’t have to deal with Maxhell. 

• Upvote 18

@VBOY9977, re Chelsy’s tank top: *THE WHORE*!!!!!
Re Gigi’s largesse: After my mom passed away and my dad moved in with my sister and her family, Dad did this all the time. It took genuine skills to grab the check at a family dinner out when Dad was there!

• Upvote 1
  • Love 14

I couldn't read today's post. I just laughed seeing yet another post of NOT wedding pictures. Those fugly, fugly frumpers make me want to scream, too.

• Upvote 8

Considering this was a Maxwell event, their 4th of July picnic actually looked kind of (dare I say it?) fun.

Even sparklers and smoke bombs for the kids!

• Upvote 12

2 minutes ago, kpmom said:

Considering this was a Maxwell event, their 4th of July picnic actually looked kind of (dare I say it?) fun.

I was just thinking how they looked like so many other families I know, with the garage open, camp chairs, and kids everywhere. But then I looked closer and there is a very different adult to child ratio at the Maxwells and they have a lot less food. Plus my friends kids don't wear hidious clothing designed to further gender roles, they wear normal clothes designed for children in 2020, not Little House in the Prairie cosplay. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

The picture of Calia and two of the boys has someone in the background holding Elliott. I think it's Bethany or Christina. Along with a heavy ass, long denim skirt, that poor girl is also wearing leggings. 

Sarah said it was a "humid, warm evening" - and that poor girl is wearing two layers of clothing, one right up against her skin and one that doesn't breathe an ounce of air. 

The first picture of "the girls" in the kitchen with Teri - it doesn't look like Teri is bothering to do anything for thier little shindig - the salad jars are in front of her. She is prepping salads for her & Steve.

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11
  • I Agree 2

Did no one warn Chelsy what happens to women who expose their heathen shoulders?

...Steve writes passive aggressive Seriously articles about their contributions to his lack of self control, that's what happens to them :(

• Upvote 11
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

Bethany is in the sisters/nieces/in laws photo. She’s the one in glasses. Christina is missing. She has darker hair than her older sisters.

• Upvote 3

I don't think anyone is *missing*, I think this is just one of the most *normal*, non Max-trolled events they have had.  They are taking over the rather large yard, into the garage and house.  Kids are for the most part getting older and have ability /space to run and play.. Maybe they have gotten wise enough to RUN when they see the cameras pulled out, no forced line up photos if they can help it!  lol

• Upvote 8

But inquiring minds want to know....

DID THOSE BRATS EXPLODE????  :pb_lol:

The bib comment above made me think of Mrs. Elton at the end of Emma...."There was an astonishing lack of bibs!"  

I think Elizabeth's red white and blue crazy patchwork jumper is adorable, but I admittedly have a big soft spot for frumpers.  

Agreeing with others that Sarah just displayed her usual writing prowess (i.e. - NONE) and that Gigi probably wants to pay for the meal.  My FIL paid for the family Thanksgiving spread for years.

Random observation...Steve looks unhealthily thin (his jeans are literally hanging on him) and do my eyes deceive me or has Sarah gained some weight?  She looks a little rounder and healthier to me.

• Upvote 13

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

But inquiring minds want to know....

DID THOSE BRATS EXPLODE????  

I thought the exact same thing!

• Haha 5

46 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Fireworks during the day? They.just.have.to.be.different.and.odd.

That makes me want to read "Drunken Fireworks"  from Bazaar of Bad Dreams by Stephen King again.  Alden knew the proper time to start setting off fireworks began at the gloaming.

• Thank You 1

9 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Bethany is in the sisters/nieces/in laws photo. She’s the one in glasses. Christina is missing. She has darker hair than her older sisters.

Tina is there. She's pushing Calia on the swing in one picture, and off to the side in a couple of others. Leggings, a shorter-than-knee-length cutoff denim skirt, and a T-shirt with an American flag on it that's much too big.

2 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I think Elizabeth's red white and blue crazy patchwork jumper is adorable, but I admittedly have a big soft spot for frumpers.  

I usually like those sorts of pieced-together creations (sort of a Matilda Jane look) but something about this one strikes me as not working. The concept isn't the problem - it's that the colors look drab and don't fit together well, even though they're all red/white/blue. Probably a true "scrap" project, not something where various complementary fabrics were purchased on purpose.

I was surprised by Anna/Mary's outfits. Remember how they used to layer thick white crewneck knit tops under all their other shirts? What they're wearing there looks like regular stretchy probably-spaghetti-strap tanks and don't come up to their collarbones. Much more mainstream while still being modest, and not nearly as hot (I say this as a mom who breastfed forever and two-shirted the entire time, even through the summers.) It gives them freedom to move while playing with the littles without worrying about exposing cleavage or back. I applaud whichever SIL introduced that functional layering concept to the mothership.

• Upvote 6

I only think that it is odd that Tina is "missing" from pictures a lot lately. We see her in the background frequently, but not in the group photos. I just hope that it isn't because she doesn't fit in or some other crazy Maxwell nonsense. Hopefully it is just because she is choosing not to be in the photos. 

• Upvote 4

16 hours ago, kpmom said:

Probably had to go in if they did what some would call [finger quotes] "shriek with delight." Have to have the seat of shame at Bible time all week or something, i bet if they waved their sparkler too energetically.

• Upvote 4

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Fireworks during the day? They.just.have.to.be.different.and.odd.

I don't think it was that odd considering how many kids under the age of 5 were present. If you wait until dark in the summer it is so late. By that time the small kids are ready to be in bed and more importantly the adults are ready for the small kids to be in bed. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, ElizaB said:

I don't think it was that odd considering how many kids under the age of 5 were present. If you wait until dark in the summer it is so late. By that time the small kids are ready to be in bed and more importantly the adults are ready for the small kids to be in bed. 

My 7.5 year old saw fireworks for the first time in his life this year. I’m pretty strict about bedtime ;)

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic