IGNORED

Maxwell 40: Wearing Their Vests in an Apartment for Fun

Coconut Flan

Anna has posted a new update. Her bloodwork indicated they need to delay some of her last chemo treatment a week. I can only imagine how disappointed she (and her family) is about this. Also, her sister Sarah will be traveling home with her to help her and Simon Peter settle in at home. None of this is going to be easy for any of them. 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 2

3 hours ago, HoneyBunny said:

Anna has posted a new update. Her bloodwork indicated they need to delay some of her last chemo treatment a week. I can only imagine how disappointed she (and her family) is about this. Also, her sister Sarah will be traveling home with her to help her and Simon Peter settle in at home. None of this is going to be easy for any of them. 

I’m glad she’s not going straight back to full time wife and mothering in Maxhell unsupported. 6 kids that close together, homeschooling and housekeeping to Maxhell schedules and standards would exhaust even the healthiest person. I can’t imagine having a mother in law as particular and rigid as Teri living just over the fence. I hope her sister stays as long as she’s needed - having her own sister staying there would be less intrusive and stressful than having Teri and the “sisters in love” rotating through the place.

I wonder what the Maxwells will call NR Sarah?

Edited by lilith
  • Upvote 11

51 minutes ago, lilith said:

I wonder what the Maxwells will call NR Sarah?

Gracie.  This is why I gave the Maxwells nicknames.  Pretty arrogant and selfish to change Sarah Hamilton's name.  Just call her Sarah H!  

https://blog.titus2.com/2010/07/11/what-a-visit/

Edited by SPHASH
ETA
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, lilith said:

That’s right, they’ve already renamed her, I had forgotten. Good god.

I remember that. I thought it was wrong that they changed her name. But it didn’t surprise that they did. 

• Upvote 4

I love Masshealth. I know it’s the same thing as Medicaid and I know it’s the only thing keeping me alive. I was a LEND Fellow a few years ago (a sort of academic fellowship for people in the disability and health policy field) and met the man who had orchestrated it all, when it was still Romneycare. He was a Republican and that really confused me because his policies were so left. Anyway, I looked at him and told him as sincerely as I could, “thank you for saving my life.” I meant it. I still do.

I was on a program called Commonwealth Care last year which I got off of because my beloved PCP decided to not take it anymore. It was supposed to provide wraparound services with the goal of lowering healthcare costs for those with multiple, intense disabilities. Unfortunately it is so poorly run that I found it much more trouble than it was worth. My case workers were absolutely useless and didn’t do any advocacy for me. Now I have Medicare plus Masshealth and it’s much better. CC was a great concept but I don’t know anyone who actually benefited from being on it.

• Love 9

Fourth of July post up! My brain exploded: new bride Anna Maxwell was simply called “Anna.” No sighting of Chelsy or Elissa—could they simply have noped out of the whole shebang?

• Upvote 11

25 minutes ago, Hane said:

Fourth of July post up! My brain exploded: new bride Anna Maxwell was simply called “Anna.” No sighting of Chelsy or Elissa—could they simply have noped out of the whole shebang?

According to Sarah, only Anna Marie was missing. Axton and Elliot are there though.

Posting a 4th of July post 12 days after...tsk tsk should have put it on the schedule earlier!

• Upvote 7

On 7/15/2020 at 3:14 AM, lilith said:

I can’t imagine what my teenage daughter would do if she went to hand a baby back to its mother and the mother just refused to take it til it stopped crying. It’s not some random teens job to settle your baby, Lady, even in the name of “teaching self control”. 

It sounded like it was the babies job to settle itself not the teenager. 

• Sad 2

Wait, did they just say the Gigi pays for this shit? Gigi? WTF?

Family events don’t just happen. Mom puts the work into planning and shopping for it, Mom and the girls prep food, Dad grills, AND Gigi provides the finances for holiday meals. Our family is now 30+ strong, and that’s a lot of (little and big) mouths to feed!

• Upvote 18
  • WTF 1

2 hours ago, Hane said:

Chelsy was wearing a tank top so she’s only featured waaay in the back of a photo. He’s the full pic and then I zoomed in so you can see Chelsy

Spoiler

F2E7C9CB-F17D-4C21-B155-7334F5C1001E.thumb.jpeg.ab6019f263f4d482dc3998600810d16f.jpeg

FCC7BD1D-40D2-48B5-AE8A-33FC90E95A6A.thumb.jpeg.ff44285bb4b67c592077a9a832a613c7.jpeg

Here’s the picture Chelsy uploaded to her blog

Spoiler

67059E5A-D3CA-4144-94DA-964128B1AE37.thumb.jpeg.f5d600c0b82ae74410566f1a91eea4e1.jpeg

My guess it that Elissa was probably wearing some heathen clothing as well. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 11
  • Thank You 6

5 minutes ago, fundiewatch said:

Simon Peter is also missing. I’d assume?

Poor forgotten Simon Peter. Since his birth, he’s spent a lot of time outside of Maxhell. I bet they forget him all the time.

• Upvote 8

30 minutes ago, sparkles said:

That part got me as well! Like what does Gigi have to pay for every time the Maxwells have a family gathering? If she wants to contribute something like a dish or give Steve and Teri some money for food, then it should be her choice. The way Sarah made it sound like she is required to donate some amount of money to the Maxwell day of fun.

29 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Chelsy was wearing a tank top so she’s only featured waaay in the back of a photo. He’s the full pic and then I zoomed in so you can see Chelsy

Reveal hidden contents

F2E7C9CB-F17D-4C21-B155-7334F5C1001E.thumb.jpeg.ab6019f263f4d482dc3998600810d16f.jpeg

FCC7BD1D-40D2-48B5-AE8A-33FC90E95A6A.thumb.jpeg.ff44285bb4b67c592077a9a832a613c7.jpeg

Here’s the picture Chelsy uploaded to her blog

Reveal hidden contents

67059E5A-D3CA-4144-94DA-964128B1AE37.thumb.jpeg.f5d600c0b82ae74410566f1a91eea4e1.jpeg

My guess it that Elissa was probably wearing some heathen clothing as well. 

Plus the photo Sarah posted saying sisters, sisters-in-laws, and nieces Elissa and Chelsy were no where to be found. They probably took a photo with Elissa and Chelsy in it, they just chose not to post it because they have an image to keep and they were, probably, not dressed to Maxwell standards. 

• Upvote 10

13 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The way Sarah made it sound like she is required to donate some amount of money to the Maxwell day of fun.

I really hope this is just Sarah's clumsy wording because if she's ponying up money for the whole event every time that's terrible!

If so, no wonder Teri allots everyone 1.5 tbsp. mashed potatoes at Thanksgiving...she's being a good steward with her mother's money.

• Upvote 13

Omg! They really did forget about Simon Peter! “The only person missing was Anna Marie.” Really?! How much you want to bet it’ll be corrected shortly? 

? Hi Steve!

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2

I’m pretty sure this is Elyssa. Maybe she just keeps a low profile at these events. Lord knows I would. 

Spoiler

DA98E93A-8304-4616-B412-759E5878A10B.jpeg.831dacba3fe5d813860b90dbd9679d89.jpegB87DB934-9F41-4F81-90ED-10461FE1E3F3.thumb.jpeg.29d551fdb37ad17d457730ec20d2167f.jpeg

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, sparkles said:

WTF????  Who could let Gigi pay with all those able body adults???

• Upvote 8

The sister/niece photo is missing Bethany I think as well? She's seen in the garage photos in a knee length skirt and leggings. 

• Upvote 4

I have a different take on Gigi paying for the meal. 

My mom pays for our whole family to eat at a local restaurant for our family Christmas party. There are about 25-30 of us and it costs around $6.00 a person; so we all know it is a lot. Still, she really wants to do it and it makes her feel really good because she can’t host all of us anymore. The first time she suggested it, we were all very much against it but she convinced us. So, she had us show her how to use a credit card in a restaurant and we covered the tip.  She was really proud and enjoyed the evening so she kind of looks forward to that every year. 

I know Sarah said Gigi pays for all holiday meals; so that is quite often, but I can’t help but believe that Gigi wants to do this because it allows her to contribute when she probably can no longer shop for, prepare and serve a huge meal. 

Just my two cents. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 12

4 minutes ago, lexiloumarie said:

The sister/niece photo is missing Bethany I think as well? She's seen in the garage photos in a knee length skirt and leggings. 

I have a lot of older relatives that insist on paying for stuff like this. Most likely she doesn’t buy birthday/Christmas gifts for all the grand/great-grandchildren so she likes to do something ‘for the whole family’ on a special occasion. I’m just hoping that Sarah didn’t actually mean every holiday and that they told her $50 is plenty then they covered the rest. 

• Upvote 6

If Steve and Teri are guilting Gigi into paying then that is really awful. But I suspect that this is something that Gigi wants to do. It might not actually be for every holiday. But even if it was I don't think it's a big deal if she has the money for it and it makes her happy. 

• Upvote 13

Before he became ill, my Dad would pay the bill if we went out to eat. There would usually be 8-10 of us. But when it came to christmas/birthday/easter celebrations, my sister and I would divvy up the cost between us. It made Dad happy so we went with it

• Upvote 5

I would agree with a lot of people saying Gigi probably wants to pay. I imagine she used to always be the hostess and just can't anymore. She may be very secure in her finances and this is a really easy way for her to contribute. It helps everyone out so no one has to pay for things and she doesn't have to do work she isn't able to. It is also nice that no one has to worry about bringing things- Teri and "the girls" do all the food prep. Even if the food is sub-par when my kids were very small I always appreciated going somewhere when I didn't have to do anything! I'd take sub-par food to do less work. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic