Jump to content
IGNORED

M is for Mama 7: Failing at Coronavirus


Coconut Flan
 Share

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, therulesofjinx said:

Abbie has joined up with some other Instagram moms to give away 2 $350 Target gift cards....this confuses me. She does not shop at Target, or at least she didn't for awhile after they announced their bathroom policy. Is she trying to fit in with the other moms? Or has she decided to shop at Target again, even though she doesn't agree with their policies, simply because she realized that it's convenient for her? 

So many smug, judgmental, ignorant Christian women did this. It was a stunt and most likely didn’t stick. They probably all justify returning to Target by saying, “Be in the world, but not of the world,” or some biblical twisting bullshit. Abbie has obviously done the same. Or maybe she not physically go in a store, but will shop online? She’s a hypocrite, regardless. 

  • Upvote 7
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Zommom said:

So many smug, judgmental, ignorant Christian women did this. It was a stunt and most likely didn’t stick. They probably all justify returning to Target by saying, “Be in the world, but not of the world,” or some biblical twisting bullshit. Abbie has obviously done the same. Or maybe she not physically go in a store, but will shop online? She’s a hypocrite, regardless. 

TAM constantly told her huge following to boycott so many companies. Yet she never boycotted any of them. They are all talk. None of them will actually follow through with a real boycott. The smuggest ones never even shopped at Target before they started their “boycott.” Therefore they did nothing but feel superior.

  • Upvote 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Mr Nova and I stayed up late last night canning our garden veggies. It was 105 degrees here yesterday and we have a big old fashioned kitchen that looks cool but is really just a heat trap. We sweated our way through two batches of chilies, a round of garlic dills, and one of sweet pickles.

All that to say that my defences are low today. So why today of all days, does Abbie give a link to her Baby Name Game blog post? Its basically a post about how shes not like other girls, she's unique, quirky, and special. She doesn't care if you aren't, she's not judging you or anything but here's a few handy charts so you can see what box she puts you in.

These circles are for you. Pick one and stay in it.

baby-name-game.thumb.jpg.89d88d1bcc05fea6583f63427291d002.jpg

This is for Abbie because she's special and quirky. 

oldfashioned-rebel.thumb.jpg.375e137dc364338b47a430820422ec55.jpg

Remember: Abbie IS NOT judging you for your name choices. She ends with absolute gem.

"Again, these are not ALL the names I like, but they are my favorite kinds of names and–in my strange little mind, at least–they have the same vibe. They’re not your everyday-average-go-to’s, but neither do they inspire visions of dreadlocks and nose rings (nothing inherently wrong with either; they’re just not “me”)."

  • Upvote 4
  • Angry 3
  • Disgust 2
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If I met her in real life, I would have to close my eyes to keep them from rolling out of my head and onto the floor. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Disgust 1
  • Haha 5
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Mr Nova and I stayed up late last night canning our garden veggies. It was 105 degrees here yesterday and we have a big old fashioned kitchen that looks cool but is really just a heat trap. We sweated our way through two batches of chilies, a round of garlic dills, and one of sweet pickles.

All that to say that my defences are low today. So why today of all days, does Abbie give a link to her Baby Name Game blog post? Its basically a post about how shes not like other girls, she's unique, quirky, and special. She doesn't care if you aren't, she's not judging you or anything but here's a few handy charts so you can see what box she puts you in.

These circles are for you. Pick one and stay in it.

baby-name-game.thumb.jpg.89d88d1bcc05fea6583f63427291d002.jpg

This is for Abbie because she's special and quirky. 

oldfashioned-rebel.thumb.jpg.375e137dc364338b47a430820422ec55.jpg

Remember: Abbie IS NOT judging you for your name choices. She ends with absolute gem.

"Again, these are not ALL the names I like, but they are my favorite kinds of names and–in my strange little mind, at least–they have the same vibe. They’re not your everyday-average-go-to’s, but neither do they inspire visions of dreadlocks and nose rings (nothing inherently wrong with either; they’re just not “me”)."

Hilarious, because just like the rest of her, these are really trendy names, that are all typical, and not rebellious at all. She wants to pretend to be edgy, special, and unique all the time, but always stays in her same old narrow track. The only thing weird about her is her disgusting interest in keeping her hair filthy for ages and bragging about it, otherwise nope, just normal trending Mom. 

 

Btw I hate that one of my favourite names is on her list, but I have met so many kids lately with the name, I am so happy we didn't use that name.

  • Upvote 14
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Braggie thinks her names are so amazing and special that I doubt she will use any of the names on her list. I think those are names she likes but won’t use for one reason or another. I don’t think she would ever use Charlotte because it’s just too popular. And she won’t use Everly because it’s to close to Evie’s name. She loves to keep her baby names a secret. Because she thinks everyone and their sister are waiting on the edge of their seats. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 9
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Mr Nova and I stayed up late last night canning our garden veggies. It was 105 degrees here yesterday and we have a big old fashioned kitchen that looks cool but is really just a heat trap. We sweated our way through two batches of chilies, a round of garlic dills, and one of sweet pickles.

All that to say that my defences are low today. So why today of all days, does Abbie give a link to her Baby Name Game blog post? Its basically a post about how shes not like other girls, she's unique, quirky, and special. She doesn't care if you aren't, she's not judging you or anything but here's a few handy charts so you can see what box she puts you in.

These circles are for you. Pick one and stay in it.

baby-name-game.thumb.jpg.89d88d1bcc05fea6583f63427291d002.jpg

This is for Abbie because she's special and quirky. 

oldfashioned-rebel.thumb.jpg.375e137dc364338b47a430820422ec55.jpg

Remember: Abbie IS NOT judging you for your name choices. She ends with absolute gem.

"Again, these are not ALL the names I like, but they are my favorite kinds of names and–in my strange little mind, at least–they have the same vibe. They’re not your everyday-average-go-to’s, but neither do they inspire visions of dreadlocks and nose rings (nothing inherently wrong with either; they’re just not “me”)."

I have a specific hate for Abbie and after reading your bolded I have to wonder WTF kind of name inspires visions of dreadlocks and nose rings? I know the answer in her mind so it’s just rhetorical. She’s such a bitch. Also WTF is a old fashioned rebel? Dumb as shit. I guess it’s our mixed family that makes me hate her posts and all the ones like her. Plus her idiotic master bedroom post UGH. And all the other posts including talking about spraying a toddlers mouth with ACV mixture. That’s messed up. 
 

sorry. Rant over. Pouring wine. 

  • Upvote 11
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Promise? Windy? Homer (Simpson)?

I was bored reading her blog and I know it's the least offensive thing about her but this is one of the ugliest engagement rings I've seen.

Spoiler

P1000095_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax

P1000097_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 hours ago, SuperNova said:

Mr Nova and I stayed up late last night canning our garden veggies. It was 105 degrees here yesterday and we have a big old fashioned kitchen that looks cool but is really just a heat trap. We sweated our way through two batches of chilies, a round of garlic dills, and one of sweet pickles.

All that to say that my defences are low today. So why today of all days, does Abbie give a link to her Baby Name Game blog post? Its basically a post about how shes not like other girls, she's unique, quirky, and special. She doesn't care if you aren't, she's not judging you or anything but here's a few handy charts so you can see what box she puts you in.

These circles are for you. Pick one and stay in it.

baby-name-game.thumb.jpg.89d88d1bcc05fea6583f63427291d002.jpg

This is for Abbie because she's special and quirky. 

oldfashioned-rebel.thumb.jpg.375e137dc364338b47a430820422ec55.jpg

Remember: Abbie IS NOT judging you for your name choices. She ends with absolute gem.

"Again, these are not ALL the names I like, but they are my favorite kinds of names and–in my strange little mind, at least–they have the same vibe. They’re not your everyday-average-go-to’s, but neither do they inspire visions of dreadlocks and nose rings (nothing inherently wrong with either; they’re just not “me”)."

I guess she doesn’t realize that 11 of those 13 names that came from her “strange little mind” are crazy popular and were the top trending names last year according to https://www.babynames.com/top-baby-names-of-2019. Old fashioned names are crazy trendy right now, the names she thinks are the “trendsetter” names are definitely a few years old in popularity, and the “rebellious” names are things like Arrow, Cove, Barley, and Jaxton (all real names that Instagram influencers have named their kids in the last couple months). She’s deluded herself into thinking she’s special when she’s not; she’s just following the trends like everyone else. I’m sure she’d say that she was trendy before everyone else, which sounds like a try-hard, hipster thing to say, but I could totally see her claiming to be ahead of the times. 

  • Upvote 13
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, freejugar said:

Promise? Windy? Homer (Simpson)?

I was bored reading her blog and I know it's the least offensive thing about her but this is one of the ugliest engagement rings I've seen.

  Hide contents

P1000095_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax

P1000097_thumb%25255B3%25255D.jpg?imgmax

 

I understand that people have their own tastes and styles but I have to agree. That’s not a nice looking engagement ring. It’s kind of clunky and plain. I wonder if she dislikes it. That ring just doesn’t seem to be her style. 

But who am I to judge? I wear a thin gold band everyday instead of my wedding and engagement rings. I like to keep it simple for everyday stuff.

  • Upvote 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So if she's the old fashioned rebel, why the hell did she name her last kid Shiloh? Shiloh isn't a classic boy name. In fact, it's more like an affliction because if that poor kid ever goes to public school he'll be teased mercilessly. Kids can be mean.

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

But who am I to judge? I wear a thin gold band everyday instead of my wedding and engagement rings. I like to keep it simple for everyday stuff.

Mr and I have been together for almost 20 years and neither of us have ever worn a ring. It bothers my mother so much that she offered to buy me one. She says how will women know that he's married? I told her that wedding rings come off and they have nothing to do with fidelity.

  • Upvote 10
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/13/2020 at 7:31 AM, anachronistic said:

 Braggie was never given that choice. She never realized that she could have kids in her life without giving birth to them.  

I don't believe this. She seems to have had a much more mainstream upbringing than what she has chosen to live as an adult. Her parents had two kids. She went to college. She worked. She wasn't tied into the fundamentalist life with few choices the way others are, with limited education and exposure to the world. There may have been the expectation that she would get married and have kids, because that's a very pervasive expectation, but that doesn't equal her feeling like she has no choice but to birth 10 or more kids. I think that's all her. She chose her life, she chose the passel of kids. 

On 7/13/2020 at 9:31 AM, JanasTattooParlor said:

 I can’t imagine having that thick of hair and sweating and it not smelling musty after a few days. 

A few days? Ugh, sweaty hair is stinky the first day, lol. 

 

4 hours ago, tankgirl said:

Hilarious, because just like the rest of her, these are really trendy names, that are all typical 

Yeah, names like Addison were trendy 20 years ago, not now, lol. And yes, all of 'her' names are trendy to the max. 

1 hour ago, SuperNova said:

So if she's the old fashioned rebel, why the hell did she name her last kid Shiloh? Shiloh isn't a classic boy name. 

It at least started as a boy name. It's pretty unisex now, I think he's more likely to get teased for it being odd rather than girly. 

Honor, though, is a classic girl name. It actually has become a bit more popular with boys over the last few years, but I wouldn't quite call it unisex. I think it might be a fairly hard name for a boy in east Texas to have. 

  • Upvote 8
Link to comment
Share on other sites

As usual, I just can't with this tone deaf bitch.  Random musings -

- the "dreadlocks and nose rings" comment is so offensive I'm just flabbergasted.  Coupled with her whining in the previous post about "how crazy the world is getting with people losing jobs for opinions and painting over graffiti" - could she be any more obviously racist?  Yeah actually, she can, we've seen it already.

- she did the Target giveaway to gain followers (i.e. potential book customers).   Period.  She'd do a giveaway for nose rings if she though it would gain her a bunch of followers.

- The name bubbles/circles/WTFever made me LOL.  I have a relative named Taylor...in her LATE 20'S.  That name is NOT newly trendy.  "Harrison" also made me laugh, as all I could think of was Harrison Ford, who turned 78 on Monday.

- Her continual bitching about HOW HUGE SHE IS when she knows good and well she's pretty tiny for 27 wk twins is not cute any more.  It's obvious fishing for compliments about her looks.  Which is nothing new for her, of course (I HAVE NATURALLY CURLY HAIR AND I TEACH FITNESS CLASSES, DID YOU KNOW THAT?)

- her grammar explanation/word diarrhea on names on the blog post was tedious, condescending and pointless.  Again, true to form.

- when we named our kids we took into account how it would sound for their entire lives, including middle and old age.  Shiloh and Honor are not going to age well as names, IMO.

- she has made a point of posting about taking kids out for "mama dates" this past week.  "Look, they're getting attention!  I love to be around my kids, really I do!"  :pantsonfire:

I understand the primary reason they live in a barn.  The house needs to be that large to contain her ego.

 

 

 

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I understand that people have their own tastes and styles but I have to agree. That’s not a nice looking engagement ring. It’s kind of clunky and plain. I wonder if she dislikes it. That ring just doesn’t seem to be her style. 

But...but...her RENAISSANCE MAN designed it!  And it has Jesus fish AND a Star of David!  So it is extra special and sparkly and Jesus-y and YOUR RING IS NOT.  :pb_lol:

I agree that (IMO obviously) it's a clunky, ugly ring and certainly not up to her vanity standards.

 

  • Upvote 15
  • I Agree 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I laughed when I realised that one of my siblings is apparently a hipster, while I'm apparently a traditionalist. Mind you I know so many people who are apparently Old Fashioned Rebels, given Charlotte was in the top ten for about the last ten years.

  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

(The thing about inspiring visions of people with dreadlocks and nose rings is so offensive that the number of brain cells Abbie have left can probably be counted on one hand.) 

How can a name conjure up an image of dreadlocks and nose rings? People don't choose their names, their parents do, whereas people do choose if they want dreadlocks and nose rings. If you choose a name, you can't choose to give that person dreadlocks and a nose ring, and if you choose to have dreadlocks and a nose ring, you didn't choose your name.

Edited by SorenaJ
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Have you guys checked out who she follows? All of the moms she follows are obnoxious Instagram Influencers and  have elements  that Braggie mimicks. She literally uses these women as her playbook for life! I know I shouldn’t be shocked. But, I am. Abbie is way less original than I thought. It makes way more since now why she feels so fake to me. From playing dress-up in a full-sized bedroom “closet,” to pretending she’s a book-lover/read-aloud mama, her decorating habits, full-face makeup look, random videos of her kids looking “cute,” bragging on her absent husband, “cooking” demos, publishing books, and lets not forget her over-reaching bible lessons/inspiring/confessions (judgement)! She is THE queen of copycat and is only perfecting the humble bragging. I feel sad for her. 

  • Rufus Bless 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, Zommom said:

Have you guys checked out who she follows? All of the moms she follows are obnoxious Instagram Influencers and  have elements  that Braggie mimicks. She literally uses these women as her playbook for life! I know I shouldn’t be shocked. But, I am. Abbie is way less original than I thought. It makes way more since now why she feels so fake to me. From playing dress-up in a full-sized bedroom “closet,” to pretending she’s a book-lover/read-aloud mama, her decorating habits, full-face makeup look, random videos of her kids looking “cute,” bragging on her absent husband, “cooking” demos, publishing books, and lets not forget her over-reaching bible lessons/inspiring/confessions (judgement)! She is THE queen of copycat and is only perfecting the humble bragging. I feel sad for her. 

I can’t feel sad for her. I feel sad for her kids. She treats them like little instagram accessories and servants. 

  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I guess she doesn’t realize that 11 of those 13 names that came from her “strange little mind” are crazy popular and were the top trending names last year according to https://www.babynames.com/top-baby-names-of-2019. Old fashioned names are crazy trendy right now, the names she thinks are the “trendsetter” names are definitely a few years old in popularity, and the “rebellious” names are things like Arrow, Cove, Barley, and Jaxton (all real names that Instagram influencers have named their kids in the last couple months). She’s deluded herself into thinking she’s special when she’s not; she’s just following the trends like everyone else. I’m sure she’d say that she was trendy before everyone else, which sounds like a try-hard, hipster thing to say, but I could totally see her claiming to be ahead of the times. 

Barley! Lol forever. It's bar(e)ly a name!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 9
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

16 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And I spy Tobias on that chart? I’m thinking one of those boys will have Tobias in the mix.

I call dibs on Tobias and Theodore.

  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

None of her names are all that unique. 

Ezra is in the top 100 names now, and when he was born it was still top 300. I feel like it's one of those bible names that will always be decently common.

Simon has been in the top 500 for the last 100 years. Again, it's one of those bible names that will probably always be around.

Adelaide (Della's full name) got a surge of popularity starting in the 2000's and is now in the top 300, so I would be inclined to say this one is trendy, especially in the early 2010's that Della was born.

Evangeline (Evy's full name) is basically the same story as Adelaide.

Magnolia (Nola's full name) might be the only girl name that she can claim was unique-ish when she gave it to her. It is very trendy now, having shot up in popularity over the last few years. Looks like Braggie got on right at the beginning of the trend. 

Theo(dore) might be the most consistently popular name she has. It has been in the top 300 for many many years, usually (including recently) in the top 100.

Honor is definitely unique, gotta give her that one. Not sure how it fits the "vibe" of her other names, but whatever.

Shiloh I'd say is unique too, at least for boys. Also not sure how it fits the "vibe".

 

I mentioned this in the baby names thread but my bets are Zion and Jude. 

  • Upvote 5
  • Love 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

59 minutes ago, smittykins said:

I call dibs on Tobias and Theodore.

She already has a Theo.

  • Thank You 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I guess the only thing that’s unique in her naming is the nick name. Adelaide is often called Addy not Della. Magnolia is usually called Maggie not Nola. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don’t get Honor. It messes with me because it’s also a verb. Who names their kid a verb? Will the twins be Running & Jumping?

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share




×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.