• Sad 5
  • Love 1

20200629_toles2.JPG

• Upvote 5
  • Love 1

20200629_toon1.JPG

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 3

I'm sure everyone has seen the picture of Karen and her husband brandishing weapons because a BLM protest march went past their house. Someone posted this last night and I'm still laughing:

20200629_meme1.JPG

• Haha 8
  • Love 1

20200629_maggie1.JPG

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 5

image.png.89b05354c82b23ed7af4dcbe7b796ba3.png

"Ken and Karen"

If you’re on social media, that’s probably how you became aware of this story.

This story started because St. Louis Mayor Lyda Krewson publicized the names and addresses of her constituents who had written to her about defunding the police department during a Facebook Live stream. Protesters were on their way to her house, in a rich and snooty neighborhood, to let her know how they felt about that. Along the way, they encountered this charming couple.

Mark and Patricia McCloskey, who are personal injury lawyers, went out onto their lawn to point weapons at the protesters as they passed by. They were identified by St. Louis Today because, in 2018, they were featured in St. Louis Magazine about finishing renovations to their midwestern palazzo. What the fuck is a palazzo?

I don’t like to get my news from social media, but I will follow a tip. I wanted to know the entire scoop on this. How did I Google search? Did I type, “St. Louis assholes with guns?” Did I type, “St. Louis Snobby McSnobbersons?” Did I type, “Entitled jerkwad couple point guns at protesters?” Did I type, “shoeless racist gun nuts?” Nope.

I typed and searched for “Ken and Karen.” Bingo!

What’s a Ken and Karen? Ken is a male Karen. What’s a Karen? I’m glad you asked.

A Karen is a pejorative term for an older privileged obnoxious entitled woman who demands to get her way. The Urban Dictionary describes it as “rude, obnoxious and insufferable middle-aged white women.” A male of this species is often referred to as a “Ken” or a “male Karen.” “Man Karen” works too.

I know three Karens. I’m not sure about one of them but two are definitely NOT Karens. One is a fabulous musician who has released a couple of albums and whose first performance at SXSW was ruined by the coronavirus. She’s definitely NOT a Karen. The other is like a sister to me, thinks like I do on just about everything with politics, and she’s also not white. Well, maybe a little white. She’s all mixed up. She’s NOT a Karen.

But this pair of Karens in St. Louis are Karens. How entitled are these racist mansion dwellers? They were able to point loaded weapons at peaceful protesters and not be charged. In fact, a police report was filed because the protesters are accused of breaking through a gate and walking down a private street, and in this report, the two Karens are listed as…wait for it…victims.

How are they victims? Because a bunch of black people walked in front of their snooty-ass house? Oh no! Black people! Get the guns. Don’t bother putting on shoes….and yes, Rambo would wear a pink shirt, but tuck it in. Get out there and point!

Fuck the Karens.

In fact, there aren’t any reports of any homes being vandalized along the way. So why were the Karens justified to stand on their lawn, not just with weapons, but pointing them at human beings who were merely walking past their house? Oh yeah. Those human beings were black. If Ken and Karen have any black friends, I hope they never shoot them.

There was a protest in my town over the weekend. A couple of them actually…in support of the police. Shockingly enough, it was almost entirely white. The police didn’t obstruct these protesters. They didn’t follow them waiting for them to do something bad. They didn’t teargas them. They worked to protect those protesters. They worked to guard a bunch of Karens.

Yes, systemic racism is real. Yes, white privilege is a thing.

How can you tell if you’re a Karen? Are you a rich and entitled white asshole? Are you a non-rich entitled white asshole? Do you not believe in systemic racism? Can you protest against Black Lives Matter and get special treatment from cops? Can you stand in front of your mansion and point guns at peaceful black people without any repercussions?

Also, you may be a Karen if you own a Palazzo, whatever the fuck that is.

• Upvote 8

image.png.57ee50648668f39b16c41c7ce11db7e4.png

"Trump's White Power"

For the past five years or so, I have been saying supporting Donald Trump doesn’t necessarily make you a racist, but it does mean racism is not a dealbreaker for you. Why is that? Because Donald Trump is an obvious racist.

Donald Trump’s supporters argue he’s not a racist after each one of his acts of racism.

Sued by the Justice Department for discrimination against blacks…TWICE? That’s not racist.

Champion of birtherism by accusing without any proof that the nation’s first black president was born in Kenya. Nah, that’s not racist.

Bought full-page ads calling for the death of black and Latino teenagers in the Central Park 5 case, then not retracting it after being proven innocent. Nope. Not racist.

Starts his campaign by promising to build a wall to keep out immigrants and says Mexico is sending us rapists and murderers? I guess that’s not racist either.

Complains about people coming here from “shithole” countries and wants more people from places like Norway. Racist? What are you talking about?

Says a judge isn’t fit to preside over one of his fake university trials because he’s of Mexican descent. Paul Ryan called that racist, but what does he know?

Tweets that four brown American female representatives in the United States Congress should go back to where they came from. That’s not racist or sexist. Sheesh!

He says there are fine people marching with tiki torch neo-Nazis shouting “Jews will not replace us” and “Blood and soil.” Sure, nice people often march with Nazis.

He defends symbols of the Confederacy as his “heritage.” Nope, not racist for a New Yorker to define the racist Confederacy as his heritage.

Conducts two hate rallies where he uses the term “Kung Flu virus.” Why that’s just telling us where the coronavirus came from…Kung Flu land.

Then, he retweets a video of his supporters screaming…”White power,” thanking them for their support. Uh…

So, none of that is racist? Not one of those instances? If you talk to a Trump supporter, nope. Not one. It’s just the media not understandings him, or he was joking, or something is out of context, or he didn’t mean what he said, or he accidentally retweeted a racist statement while accidentally typing a thank you or…

I got some news for you, Gladys. If you don’t think any of those examples (and there are more) are racist, then you are a racist.

Donald Trump is a racist and we keep getting these racist incidents from him again and again and again and, etc. Donald Trump has more examples of racism than David Duke. Seriously. You would think if you have a track record of being accused of racism, then you wouldn’t keep doing racist shit. Even if you are a racist you would probably want to attempt to conceal it. Right? Not this racist.

On Sunday, right before going to one of his golf resorts of racist assholes, Donald Trump tweeted a video of a bunch of his supporters at The Villages in Florida zipping around in golf carts in a dueling demonstration against some of his critics. Donald Trump wrote, “Thank you to the great people of The Villages.” And in the video clip, you hear one of the villages’ idiots shouts, “White power!” In fact, he shouted it twice. It’s not obscure. It’s not buried by other sounds. The white Trump supporter shouts “White power.” What’s next? Tweeting a video of a cross burning only to claim later he didn’t know what it meant?

I don’t care if your Twitter profile states, “Retweets are not endorsements,” retweets are endorsements. Donald Trump endorses white power. Donald Trump is a racist.

Tim Scott, the only black Republican in the Senate said Trump should take it down (he did) and that it was “indefensible.” So, Senator Scott…stop defending the indefensible. Donald Trump is a racist.

A White House spokesgoon, Judd Deere, who should be resigning instead of defending the indefensible, said, “President Trump is a big fan of The Villages. He did not hear the one statement made on the video. What he did see was tremendous enthusiasm from his many supporters.”

Translation: Donald Trump is a big fan of racists at The Villages and what he saw was tremendous enthusiasm from his racist supporters.

There was no condemnation of the slogan or the person. Just a, “Oh, I didn’t hear that.” Yeah. He didn’t hear it while going to the trouble of watching it, realizing they were supporters, and it was something he wanted to retweet. Are you telling me he didn’t watch it all the way through even once?

As Sarah Marshall said in the film, Forgetting Sarah Marshall, “Bullshit, bullshit, bullshit, bullshit.”

And, there was no statement of any sort saying they didn’t want the support from people who shout “white power.” Nope. They want that support.

Donald Trump has spent the past five years sending out dog whistles to racists. Over the past month as people have been taking to the streets shouting “Black lives matter,” he’s been turning those dog whistles into cattle calls. He’s doing everything he can to tell his narrow white racist base he’s one of them.

Donald Trump thinks he can win four more years by dividing this nation and solidifying his white racist support. But the thing is, he already has those people. How many racists are out there who are undecided? Do you honestly believe there are white supremacists out there not making a commitment until they hear who Joe Biden has selected as his running mate? Donald Trump is a racist. He’s their man.

Donald Trump is playing a stupid game where he’s telling his supporters he’s a racist while telling the rest of us he’s not. It’s a stupid game that only works on stupid people. By “stupid people,” I mean racist Trump supporters.

Sherrilyn Ifill, president and director-counsel of the NAACP Legal Defense and Education Fund said, “This really is not about the president taking it down. This is about the judgment of the president in putting it up. It’s about what the president believes and it’s time for this country to really face that.”

What Donald Trump believes is white supremacy. What Donald Trump believes is white power and it is time for the country to face that.

I used to think if you supported Donald Trump then racism wasn’t a dealbreaker for you. After all this, I know it’s just not a dealbreaker for you. Racism is the deal. You’re not voting for Donald Trump despite his racism. At this point, you’re voting for Donald Trump because of his racism.

Donald Trump is a racist and if you’re supporting Donald Trump, you’re a racist too. When you say, “Trump 2020,” you’re saying “white power.”

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

20200630_ohman1.JPG

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 2

image.png.d378eefa75bbb5852aa47f5733f945d3.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

20200630_bagley1.JPG

• Upvote 6
  • Love 1