The Stones are threatening legal action if Trump keeps using their music

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

The presiduncial blankie.

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, FiveAcres said:

Years ago, I read an article that Democrats (and their campaigns) lack the killer instinct.  Among other things, we don't like to kick someone when they are down. These guys, who are currently registered Republicans and NeverTrumpers, don't have that problem. They may be ratfuckers, but Trump was a bridge too far, and they are totally pissed at the Trumpian takeover of the Republican Party. With apparently little seed money, they started making viral content and putting it up on Twitter, and bootstrapped that into getting contributions so they can actually buy air time. One of their tactics is to put an ad on Fox News where DT is likely to see it. They are trying to set up housekeeping in his brain, and drive him crazy in the process like a uninvited guest that eats all the food in the pantry, lets their dog eliminate all over the house, drinks all the booze from the bar, and refuses to leave. 

I agree and think the Dems should get around to figuring it out, and quick.  Looks to me like these Republicans are doing a more consistent, efficient, and effective job against Trump than they are.  This is no place for polite politics.  I hope the Dems don't assume that these guys will stay in it for the long haul - especially in the few weeks before the election.  I can think of no reason why they'd back out, but who knows?  The Dems need to be able to do it themselves.

Meanwhile, I got a piece of mail last week saying it was from Nancy Pelosi and stating (in big letters) on the envelope that a photo was enclosed.  I decided to take the bait, for a change, and found a campaign letter with a picture of her confronting Trump at a meeting.  She stands up to Trump so I should send money.  Was this an attempt at showing killer instinct?  I fully support getting rid of Trump and found this letter/photo so manipulative and pathetic that I immediately shredded it.  I was almost as disgusted as when I got the Trump stimulus letter.  I'm not a registered anything, and they get no positive feedback from me, but they keep trying.  The Republicans, at least, know to leave me alone.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

Spies and Commandos Warned Months Ago of Russian Bounties on U.S. Troops

United States intelligence officers and Special Operations forces in Afghanistan alerted their superiors as early as January to a suspected Russian plot to pay bounties to the Taliban to kill American troops in Afghanistan, according to officials briefed on the matter.

The crucial information that led the spies and commandos to focus on the bounties included the recovery of a large amount of American cash from a raid on a Taliban outpost that prompted suspicions. Interrogations of captured militants and criminals played a central role in making the intelligence community confident in its assessment that the Russians had offered and paid bounties in 2019, another official has said.

Armed with this information, military and intelligence officials have been reviewing American and other coalition combat casualties since early last year to determine whether any were victims of the plot. Four Americans were killed in combat in early 2020, but the Taliban have not attacked American positions since a February agreement to end the long-running war in Afghanistan.

The emerging details added to the picture of the classified intelligence assessment, which The New York Times reported on Friday was briefed to President Trump and discussed by the White House’s National Security Council at an interagency meeting in late March. The Trump administration had yet to act against the Russians, the officials said.

Mr. Trump defended himself on Sunday by denying that he had been briefed on the intelligence, expanding on a similar White House rebuttal a day earlier, as leading congressional Democrats and even some Republicans demanded a response to Russia that the administration had yet to authorize.

The president “needs to immediately expose and handle this, and stop Russia’s shadow war,” Representative Adam Kinzinger, Republican of Illinois on the House Foreign Affairs Committee, wrote on Twitter.

Appearing on the ABC program “This Week,” Speaker Nancy Pelosi said that she had not been briefed on the intelligence assessment and had asked for an immediate report to Congress. She accused Mr. Trump of wanting “to ignore” any charges against Russia.

“Russia has never gotten over the humiliation they suffered in Afghanistan, and now they are taking it out on us, our troops,” she said of the Soviet Union’s bloody war there in the 1980s. “This is totally outrageous. You would think that the minute the president heard of it, he would want to know more instead of denying that he knew anything.”

Spokespeople for the C.I.A., the director of national intelligence and the Pentagon declined to comment on the new findings. A National Security Council spokesman did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Though the White House press secretary, Kayleigh McEnany, claimed on Saturday that Mr. Trump had not been briefed about the intelligence report, one American official had told The Times that the report was briefed to the highest levels of the White House. Another said it was included in the President’s Daily Brief, a compendium of foreign policy and national security intelligence compiled for Mr. Trump to read.

Ms. McEnany did not challenge The Times’s reporting on the existence of the intelligence assessment, the National Security Council meeting and the White House’s inaction. Multiple other news organizations also subsequently reported on the assessment.

The officials briefed on the matter said the assessment had been treated as a closely held secret but that the administration expanded briefings about it over the last week — including sharing information about it with the British government, whose forces were among those said to have been targeted.

Republicans in Congress demanded more information from the Trump administration about what happened and how the White House planned to respond.

Representative Liz Cheney of Wyoming, the third-ranking House Republican, said in a Twitter message on Sunday: “If reporting about Russian bounties on U.S. forces is true, the White House must explain: 1. Why weren’t the president or vice president briefed? Was the info in the PDB? 2. Who did know and when? 3. What has been done in response to protect our forces & hold Putin accountable?”

Multiple Republicans retweeted Ms. Cheney’s post. Representative Daniel Crenshaw, Republican of Texas and a former Navy SEAL, amplified her message, tweeting, “We need answers.”

On CNN, Senator Lamar Alexander, Republican of Tennessee, said that the reported Russian actions “would be consistent with the Russian practice over the last few years of doing its best secretly to try to undermine Western government, including the United States.”

In addition to saying he was never “briefed or told” about the intelligence report — a formulation that went beyond the White House denial of any formal briefing — Mr. Trump also cast doubt on the assessment’s credibility, which statements from his subordinates had not.

Specifically, he described the intelligence report as being about “so-called attacks on our troops in Afghanistan by Russians”; the report described bounties paid to Taliban militants by Russian military intelligence officers, not direct attacks. Mr. Trump also suggested that the developments could be a “hoax” and questioned whether The Times’s sources — government officials who spoke on condition of anonymity — existed.

Mr. Trump then pivoted to attack former Vice President Joseph R. Biden Jr., who criticized the president on Saturday for failing to punish Russia for offering bounties to the Taliban, as well as Mr. Biden’s son, Hunter, who is the target of unsubstantiated claims that he helped a Ukrainian energy firm curry favor with the Obama administration when his father was vice president.

“Nobody’s been tougher on Russia than the Trump Administration,” Mr. Trump tweeted. “With Corrupt Joe Biden & Obama, Russia had a field day, taking over important parts of Ukraine — Where’s Hunter?”

American officials said the Russian plot to pay bounties to Taliban fighters came into focus over the last several months after intelligence analysts and Special Operations forces put together key pieces of evidence.

One official said that the seizure of a large amount of American cash at one Taliban site got “everybody’s attention” in Afghanistan. It was not clear when the money was recovered.

Two officials said the information about the bounty hunting was “well-known” among the intelligence community in Afghanistan, including the C.I.A.’s chief of station and other top officials there, like the military commandos hunting the Taliban. The information was distributed in intelligence reports and highlighted in some of them.

Within the last several months, the assessment was compiled and sent up the chain of command to senior military and intelligence officials, eventually landing at the highest levels of the White House. The Security Council meeting in March came at a delicate time, as the coronavirus pandemic was becoming a crisis and prompting shutdowns around the country.

A former American official said that the intelligence analyst who briefs the president and the national security adviser, Robert C. O’Brien, working with his chief of staff, Mark Meadows, would have been involved in any decision to brief Mr. Trump on Russia’s activities. The director of the C.I.A., Gina Haspel, might have also weighed in, the former official said.

Ms. McEnany cited all three of those senior officials in her statement saying the president had not been briefed.

Ms. Pelosi said that if the president had not, in fact, been briefed, then the country should be concerned that his administration was afraid to share with him information regarding Russia.

Ms. Pelosi said that the episode underscored Mr. Trump’s accommodating stance toward Russia and that with him, “all roads lead to Putin.”

“This is as bad as it gets, and yet the president will not confront the Russians on this score, denies being briefed,” she said. “Whether he is or not, his administration knows, and some of our allies who work with us in Afghanistan have been briefed and accept this report.”

John R. Bolton, Mr. Trump’s former national security adviser, said on the ABC program “This Week” that he was not aware of the intelligence assessment, but he questioned Mr. Trump’s response on Twitter.

“What would motivate the president to do that, because it looks bad if Russians are paying to kill Americans and we’re not doing anything about it?” Mr. Bolton said. “The presidential reaction is to say, ‘It’s not my responsibility. Nobody told me about it.’ And therefore to duck any complaints that he hasn’t acted effectively.”

Mr. Bolton said this summed up Mr. Trump’s decision-making on national security issues. “It’s just unconnected to the reality he’s dealing with.”

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 2

All these ads are killing.

• Upvote 9

35 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I’d give an angry reaction but I don’t want it to count as a down vote against you 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Powerful ad, but I think they should have put the final "zinger" at the very beginning and shortened the rest of it.  Call him a traitor (which is the main point) up front then quickly summarize the details before viewers' attention fades.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, fraurosena said:

This one gave me a severe case of the leaky eyes, as my maternal grandparents were part of the Greatest Generation.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 2

6 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

I’d give an angry reaction but I don’t want it to count as a down vote against you 

Don’t worry, this vote system isn’t about popularity for me. It simply shows what you think of the content of my post.  
So, if something I post makes you ragey, then by all means use the angry vote. 

Those ads are really getting under his skin.

All he can do is put out whiney tweets and cry that it’s all lies and fake news. SAD!

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 1

MeidasTouch is three brothers who have made it their mission to get people to vote out Trump. They are grassroots funded, and manage to make these great ads.

What do you guys think, should I start a separate thread for political ads, since there are so many of them coming out daily?

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

The nerd in me found it interesting to learn who wrote the Lincoln Project's "Greatest Generation" ad. From CNN: "John Orloff, one of the writers behind the iconic HBO drama about World War II, "Band of Brothers," wrote the Lincoln Project spot."

Also I'm glad some Republicans see the stupidity of the cult of Trump...

"Lincoln Project co-founder Reed Galen said Trump's record on the pandemic deserves to be on the ballot in the November election.

"Americans should judge Trump on his inhumanity for accepting us as expendable," Galen said."

• Upvote 10

Let's see...

Who thinks he didn't hear the "white power" that was within the first 10 seconds of the video? Bueller? Anyone?

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/28/opinions/not-enough-to-delete-trumps-white-power-tweet-obeidallah/index.html

"Trump's sharing this video was not a mistake. The President, who finds himself trailing ... is simply following his successful 2016 campaign playbook, where he trafficked in bigotry to divide Americans."

• Upvote 8

Like twitler knows anything about history...

• Upvote 6

Don’t be fooled by the people behind the Lincoln Project. They are still very much against a social safety net and as little regulation as possible. They want to save us from falling into authoritarianism and to go back to bipartisan politics. Which is a lot in times like these. Still, they are not democrats and likely already think about how to get a republican president elected in 2024.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

14 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Like twitler knows anything about history...

Potential trigger warning for my Free Jinger friends who live in the south:

Spoiler

So, those telling African Americans deal with it regarding monuments to slave owners would be totally cool with it if we started putting up a bunch of William Tecumseh Sherman statues in their towns, especially in northern Alabama and Georgia, right?  After all, they just have to learn history.

(For those free Jingerites in other countries, during the Civil War, William Tecumseh Sherman lead a branch of the army through a little bit of Alabama and Atlanta through Savannah Georgia in his March to the Sea and devastated everything in the area. His name would still be very unpopular with Southerners.)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Wouldn't it be his just deserts if Trump were to stand trial in Iran? I mean, Iranian sentencing is quite... medieval.

• Upvote 9

He's gonna be grumpy over this.  Robert's went liberal on them again.

• Love 12

What internal polling numbers is he referring to here? Did Ivanka make up some imaginary poll results to put him in a better mood?

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, fraurosena said:

Wouldn't it be his just deserts if Trump were to stand trial in Iran? I mean, Iranian sentencing is quite... medieval.

Yeah I just saw this too.  Interpol might not do anything now but down the road after Fuckmuppet von #BunkerBitch leaves office they'd maybe they'd let Iran have a crack at him.  It would be so awesome if fuck face and his groupies were no longer able to travel outside the United States because he'd be arrested the second he landed in a foreign country.  Imagine, Fuck Face not able to visit his overseas properties anymore because of that arrest warrant.  The rage tweeting would be epic.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

How is it even possible that the executive branch excludes a party in the legislative branch from attending a briefing?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Trump Engaged in 3-Week ‘Flurry of Communication’ With Putin This Year – and the White House Hid Some of the Calls

President Donald Trump engaged in an unprecedented – and previously unknown – “flurry of communication” with Russian President Vladimir Putin during a three-week period earlier this year, according to a sister-network of Voice of America.

“On March 30, Russian leader Vladimir Putin and U.S. President Donald Trump spoke by telephone, the first of five calls between the two over a period of three weeks, a flurry of communication unprecedented during Trump’s 3 1/2 years in office,” reports Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFERL).

Only one of those five calls, according to research from NCRM, was shared with the press. None were posted to the White House website, a serious deviation from prior practice.

“For many Russia watchers, the flurry of behind-the-scenes phone calls and other communications is a clear indication that something’s going on,” RFERL’s Mike Eckel adds. He notes, “the two countries’ diplomats have spoken at least three times over that same period, which also coincided with an unusual shipment of Russian coronavirus-related humanitarian aid to the United States.”

NCRM reviewed titles of over 800 news briefings on the White House website, where the Press Office used to post details of all telephone calls between the President and foreign leaders, known as “readouts.”

The White House appears to be hiding readouts from calls between President Donald Trump and President Vladimir Putin. In fact, in a serious deviation, there are no readouts of any calls between President Trump and any foreign leader that took place this year, posted to the White House’s website for the public to access.

In late September the Kremlin announced no calls between Trump and Putin could be released to the public without “mutual accord,” another extreme deviation from prior practice. Notably, the Kremlin repeatedly has released readouts of calls and other interactions between Trump and Putin or other Russian leaders when the White House has not, embarrassing the U.S. The American people, for example, only learned of Trump’s Oval Office meeting with Ambassador Sergey Kislyak and Russian foreign minister Sergey Lavrov, after a Tass photographer who was in the room published the photos.

It is unknown if the White House agreed to Russia’s demand.

Meanwhile, as NCRM has found, the White House gave the press pool readouts from calls between Trump and Putin for December 29 of last year, and March 30, May 7, and June 1 of this year. Only one of those dates, the March 30 call, is from the time period reported.

But Al-Monitor’s Laura Rozen reports Trump and Putin spoke not only March 30 and June 1, but also April 9, April 10, and April 12.

In addition to the fact that Russia attacked the U.S. 2016 election to help elect Trump, the adversarial relationship between the U.S and Russia is at a desperate low, after The New York Times reported Russia is paying the Taliban to kill Americans soldiers in Afghanistan. Other news outlets have confirmed that reporting. The Washington Post reported that “Russian bounties to Taliban-linked militants resulted in deaths of U.S. troops.” Additional reports reveal, despite his denials, President Trump was briefed about the Russian program, yet, in apparent deference to President Putin, took no action, nor has he announced any to date.

Hmmm, when was that briefing supposed to have taken place again? Oh yeah, right at the time this 'flurry' of communication took place. Now isn't that a coincidence?

/s

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic