• Angry 2
  • WTF 1

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Wow, Lindsey has lost Lou Dobbs.

The Lincoln Project's response is good:

image.thumb.png.d972f2492e745066dc7a8a45e5f54d5d.png

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

Lindsey is becoming the Little Match Girl.

I wonder when he's going to show up with a tin cup and matches.

• Upvote 3

He seems nice. Not.

"House GOP candidate in N.C. criticizes reporter for work with ‘non-white males, like Cory Booker’"

Spoiler

Madison Cawthorn, a House Republican candidate in North Carolina, created a website attacking his Democratic opponent that made a racist characterization of a watchdog reporter as someone who works “to ruin white males.”

The website, MoeTaxes.com, about Cawthorn’s Democratic opponent Moe Davis, alleged that local journalist Tom Fiedler was working with Davis allies and described Fiedler as working for “non-white males, like Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males.”

Sen. Booker (D-N.J.), who sought the party’s presidential nomination, has been a frequent target of President Trump’s attacks.

Cawthorn, 25, a political upstart who beat the GOP establishment, Trump-endorsed candidate in a North Carolina primary election, issued a statement Friday correcting the language used on the website and claiming that it wasn’t intended to be about race, but rather a commentary on the reporter’s politics.

Cawthorn described the language on the website as a “syntax error” that was “unclear and unfairly implied I was criticizing Cory Booker.”

“My concerns were never with Cory Booker but Tom Fiedler who I believe is more of a political operative than a journalist based on his pattern of biased reporting,” Cawthorn said.

The website’s language has been changed, removing the allegation that Fiedler worked against White males, and replacing it with the charge that he is “an unapologetic defender of left-wing identity politics.”

The racist smear against Fiedler and Booker was first reported by TheBulwark.com.

Fiedler, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who served as executive editor of the Miami Herald, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He helps run a local nonprofit news site in North Carolina, AVL Watchdog, that has written critically about Cawthorn.

Cawthorn is running for the 11th Congressional District seat left vacant by Mark Meadows, now Trump’s chief of staff. While the district leans Republican, redistricting has made it more competitive for Democrats. Davis, a retired Air Force officer and former chief prosecutor of military tribunals at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, is considered a formidable opponent.

This isn’t Cawthorn’s first time having to defend himself against accusations of racism. In mid-August, ahead of his featured speaker slot at the Republican National Convention, Democrats highlighted a social media post from Cawthorn’s visit to the Eagle’s Nest, Adolf Hitler’s chalet in southern Germany. Cawthorn wrote that the location had been “on my bucket list for years. And it did not disappoint.”

But Cawthorn, who is paralyzed and uses a wheelchair after a car accident in 2014, dismissed the charge, telling the Associated Press that he thinks “racism is disgusting” and that because of his disability “these cowards … would have killed me,” referring to the Nazis.

• WTF 6

2 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

He seems nice. Not.

"House GOP candidate in N.C. criticizes reporter for work with ‘non-white males, like Cory Booker’"

Reveal hidden contents

Madison Cawthorn, a House Republican candidate in North Carolina, created a website attacking his Democratic opponent that made a racist characterization of a watchdog reporter as someone who works “to ruin white males.”

The website, MoeTaxes.com, about Cawthorn’s Democratic opponent Moe Davis, alleged that local journalist Tom Fiedler was working with Davis allies and described Fiedler as working for “non-white males, like Cory Booker, who aims to ruin white males.”

Sen. Booker (D-N.J.), who sought the party’s presidential nomination, has been a frequent target of President Trump’s attacks.

Cawthorn, 25, a political upstart who beat the GOP establishment, Trump-endorsed candidate in a North Carolina primary election, issued a statement Friday correcting the language used on the website and claiming that it wasn’t intended to be about race, but rather a commentary on the reporter’s politics.

Cawthorn described the language on the website as a “syntax error” that was “unclear and unfairly implied I was criticizing Cory Booker.”

“My concerns were never with Cory Booker but Tom Fiedler who I believe is more of a political operative than a journalist based on his pattern of biased reporting,” Cawthorn said.

The website’s language has been changed, removing the allegation that Fiedler worked against White males, and replacing it with the charge that he is “an unapologetic defender of left-wing identity politics.”

The racist smear against Fiedler and Booker was first reported by TheBulwark.com.

Fiedler, a Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist who served as executive editor of the Miami Herald, did not immediately respond to a request for comment. He helps run a local nonprofit news site in North Carolina, AVL Watchdog, that has written critically about Cawthorn.

Cawthorn is running for the 11th Congressional District seat left vacant by Mark Meadows, now Trump’s chief of staff. While the district leans Republican, redistricting has made it more competitive for Democrats. Davis, a retired Air Force officer and former chief prosecutor of military tribunals at Guantánamo Bay, Cuba, is considered a formidable opponent.

This isn’t Cawthorn’s first time having to defend himself against accusations of racism. In mid-August, ahead of his featured speaker slot at the Republican National Convention, Democrats highlighted a social media post from Cawthorn’s visit to the Eagle’s Nest, Adolf Hitler’s chalet in southern Germany. Cawthorn wrote that the location had been “on my bucket list for years. And it did not disappoint.”

But Cawthorn, who is paralyzed and uses a wheelchair after a car accident in 2014, dismissed the charge, telling the Associated Press that he thinks “racism is disgusting” and that because of his disability “these cowards … would have killed me,” referring to the Nazis.

I am not buying it for a minute that Madison didn't really mean those statements in a racist way and that he misspoke.

• I Agree 7

"This isn’t Cawthorn’s first time having to defend himself against accusations of racism. In mid-August, ahead of his featured speaker slot at the Republican National Convention, Democrats highlighted a social media post from Cawthorn’s visit to the Eagle’s Nest, Adolf Hitler’s chalet in southern Germany. Cawthorn wrote that the location had been “on my bucket list for years. And it did not disappoint.”

But Cawthorn, who is paralyzed and uses a wheelchair after a car accident in 2014, dismissed the charge, telling the Associated Press that he thinks “racism is disgusting” and that because of his disability “these cowards … would have killed me,” referring to the Nazis."

Maybe what he meant was:

The Nazis would have killed me, unless I was high up in their organization, protected by someone else high up, a useful snitch, or had escape plans ready if things looked bad.  But they definitely would have killed the other guy first.  Win!

• Upvote 6

On 10/24/2020 at 4:13 PM, GreyhoundFan said:

Lindsey is becoming the Little Match Girl.

I wonder when he's going to show up with a tin cup and matches.

The dramatic turnaround Lindsey has had since 2016 almost has me convinced he's being blackmailed. He's so sycophantically clinging to Trump and absolutely desperate to cling on to his Senate seat. What is he so afraid of?

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 4

Speaking of Leningrad Lindsey, he's holding out his tin cup on Judge Box-of-Whine's show again:

• Upvote 7

What a wonderful way to wait to vote.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 9

Sharing this - because Schupp got permission to use a Salt N Pepa song in an ad. (MO 2nd US House - and  a toss up race)

• Upvote 7
  • Love 3

Oh please, I am praying that the people of SC vote for Jamie Harrison and boot this ass:

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

I received another mailer from the Republican party of my county with a picture of Trump looking constipated and underneath:

"November 3rd is the day WE SAVE AMERICA" :roll:

There are some local races that have always been nonpartisan in the past, but you could read interviews and figure out where they stood on the issues. This year, the local Republican party has endorsed candidates in the so-called nonpartisan races, so now you've got some candidates for those races loudly accusing their opponents of not being "Trump Republicans." :shakehead2:

Earlier this year I jokingly said that Republicans were fighting over who gets to have Trump's babies. I meant his metaphorical babies, but some of these folks (men and women) are nuts enough that they would volunteer to attempt to carry a Trump pregnancy to term. :cray-cray:

Can I go to sleep until after the election? I'm worn out from all this nonsense. :doh:

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

Perdue is a spineless coward. Well, we already knew that because he's a BT:

• Upvote 5

Perdue is a spineless coward. Well, we already knew that because he's a BT:

Purportedly he needs to be at some Trump rally in GA at the same time. I hope they both go down.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

On 10/28/2020 at 11:21 PM, Cartmann99 said:

I received another mailer from the Republican party of my county with a picture of Trump looking constipated and underneath:

"November 3rd is the day WE SAVE AMERICA" :roll:

By re-electing the same people who have spent the last 4 years killing it?

I get the impression that Trump's most rabid supporters believe his delusion that poor Trump has somehow not actually been president all this time, while simultaneously proclaiming him the best, most successful president ever. 

I don't get how so many of them are able to twist their brains around that, considering how generally small-minded and inflexible they tend to be.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

On 10/25/2020 at 10:20 AM, fraurosena said:

The dramatic turnaround Lindsey has had since 2016 almost has me convinced he's being blackmailed. He's so sycophantically clinging to Trump and absolutely desperate to cling on to his Senate seat. What is he so afraid of?

I have believed this for a very long time.  Someone has serious dirt on him to the degree he is nothing but a blackmailed little puppet.  

3 hours ago, Alisamer said:

By re-electing the same people who have spent the last 4 years killing it?

I get the impression that Trump's most rabid supporters believe his delusion that poor Trump has somehow not actually been president all this time, while simultaneously proclaiming him the best, most successful president ever. 

I don't get how so many of them are able to twist their brains around that, considering how generally small-minded and inflexible they tend to be.

My daughter sent me a meme today that explains it.  

The people who believe Trump is good for the country are the exact same people who think that the stripper is attracted to them.  

After four years I am still shocked at how strong the delusion is with such a huge percentage of our population and it scares the hell out of me.

On 10/29/2020 at 1:34 AM, fraurosena said:

Good grief.

Amazing accomplishment.  Funny how a state that is 94.8% white has solved the centuries old problem of systemic racism.  The 1.2% of the state who are African American must be so pleased.  /s

Please. 

• Upvote 10

Living I. The part of the country that I do, and having coworkers and the like who are avid Trumpians.  There are two issues, and essentially only two issues most of the, care about.  Abortion and Guns.  

Meanwhile I’ve been in fervent prayer since March asking God to remove the evil one from office and save us from the modern day Pharisees who put him there.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Lindsey's self-awareness tho.

Sounds like we need a blow up baby Lindsey to go with blow up baby Trump.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 5

Dear Lindsey, fuck you.

• Disgust 1
  • WTF 9

Dear Lindsey, fuck you.

Shouldn't his wife be the one giving this speech?  Where is she, Lindsey? Where's the woman who's your shining example of the joyous benefits of a "traditional family structure"? 

• Upvote 6

• GreyhoundFan locked and unpinned this topic