IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 14: Ween, glorious WEEN!

samurai_sarah

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Because it puts him firmly in the category of repented sinner with a conversion story rather than Preacher Of The One True Faith. It's a step down for him.

That makes sense. But he does talk about "having a testimony," and often includes the story of his own wandering away from the faith, trying marijuana (twice!), and then getting saved (on July 11, 1999 - we really should have a cyber-party on Saturday) in his messages.

It's Bro Gary - why am I expecting logic?

10 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Gary why don't you tell them? They'd have to be locked up to talk to you?

Really - it's not like they haven't heard it all thousands of times already. It sounds like Gary's fantasy is to have them trapped so they can't walk away.

Good thing he doesn't own a house - he would have piped it in 24/7, like Andrea Mills, but with recordings of his own rants after Bible verses.

5 hours ago, clese said:

Is there somewhere I can watch this other gazzas fb page.

Who? Gary's is here, if that's who you mean:

https://www.facebook.com/ghawkins38

Becky's latest fear is that "They" are forcing a cashless society on us, using Covid-19 as an excuse:

Spoiler

image.png.89451fa86fb078245100be123b48dd49.png

image.png.47ced64290dc28b59da4e9cfdb98f45f.png

image.png.b2aa0f40a395833c876b4fc85b807a8a.png

That's an awfully long-winded way to not admit that you and Gary are tax cheats, Beck.

• Upvote 10

At least half of those things they claim you "can't do" in a "cashless society" are things I have personally done in a cashless way. Sell things from your home? PayPal. Aunt once sent me PayPal instead of cash in a birthday card. Other aunt always sends a check in birthday cards - which is cashless. My rainy day fund and fun money are transferred online before I even see that money, and it's easy to drop in an extra little bit when I can (plus it earns interest there!). My paycheck is direct deposited. Freelance jobs (I do like one a year, LOL!) are paid by check, which I deposit using my phone. When there's not a virus raging my friends and fellow doll collectors and I often get together for meets, and have a sales table to get rid of things we no longer want/need. We end up tallying up at the end of the day and sending each other PayPal. We even give each other gas money through PayPal.

There's literally no reason going "cashless" would prevent any of those things. The only cash I have right now is a 20 my mom gave me for taking care of her cat while they were gone. I've got it put away - eventually I'll go deposit it at an ATM because I can't remember the last time I paid cash for anything at all. 

I agree they (and whoever originally wrote that) just want cash because cash is easier to hide for tax purposes. 

I suggest they go work retail for a couple weeks, preferably at Myrtle Beach or somewhere else hot and touristy. Let several people pull sweaty wet cash out of their bras, pockets and socks and see how much they LOVE cash then.

Also, most places around here that have "please use a card if possible" also have "or pay with exact change" and a note that it's due to a shortage of change available, not due to the virus. 

These people are so stupid. I promise not everyone from North Carolina is a moron. We have way too many of them, but there are some intelligent people here, promise. 

• Upvote 16

54 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Becky's latest fear is that "They" are forcing a cashless society on us, using Covid-19 as an excuse:

Hide contents

image.png.89451fa86fb078245100be123b48dd49.png

image.png.47ced64290dc28b59da4e9cfdb98f45f.png

That's an awfully long-winded way to not admit that you and Gary are tax cheats, Beck.

Do they not have venmo wherever Bro lives? Before Covid I occasionally gave a swim lesson or taught a yoga class and people pay me with Venmo. My mom sends me birthday money on Venmo, because putting cash in greeting cards is stupid when people steal mail. I paid the neighbor kids to rake leaves and shovel the driveway with venmo. People on Facebook sell stuff all the time, using Facebook payments or venmo. How did they miss this entire change to society?

• Upvote 7

8 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

Do they not have venmo wherever Bro lives? Before Covid I occasionally gave a swim lesson or taught a yoga class and people pay me with Venmo. My mom sends me birthday money on Venmo, because putting cash in greeting cards is stupid when people steal mail. I paid the neighbor kids to rake leaves and shovel the driveway with venmo. People on Facebook sell stuff all the time, using Facebook payments or venmo. How did they miss this entire change to society?

They do have Venmo where Bro lives! I haven't used it yet, but only because I haven't had the need - all the asian doll companies take PayPal and have for years, so everyone in the BJD hobby pretty much has that.

Bro is not old enough to be a Boomer I think, but he certainly seems to live like one. 

(I think he's close to my age, actually, and I am firmly Gen X - though many of my friends are older millennials. Now where's my Pearl Jam CD...)

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

The challenge for someone like Bro is...does he have a bank account? All of the cash-free business I've done has been connected to my bank account (paypal, zelle,etc). If neither he nor Becky have a bank account (which can involve fees if they don't maintain a positive balance or have regular deposits) they truly are reliant on cash. And that would explain why they're so hot under the collar about a "cash free society".

• Upvote 11

52 minutes ago, Maggie Mae said:

How did they miss this entire change to society?

I don't think they did miss it - I think they just want to persuade people that it's a conspiracy. So, whoever wrote that made sure to put in lots of sentimental things involving children and friendly neighborhood interactions, just to emphasize how the Deep State is after innocent people.

It doesn't even seem to occur to them (or maybe they avoided that on purpose too) that cash is also just a representation of goods and work - it's a piece of paper, meaningless in itself.

45 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

Bro is not old enough to be a Boomer I think, but he certainly seems to live like one.

Gary is about  to turn 48 (If the Lord tarries His comin'). He doesn't live like any of the Baby Boomers I know, who are all at varying levels of using whatever technology comes along. And even Gary loves technology when it serves his purposes.

I think unwillingness to adjust, to embrace technology, new skills, and new beliefs, is more a matter of personality than age. Some people are over-eager to use anything that's new the split second it's available, just to be au courant (or show off what they can afford - I had an obnoxious uncle like that!). Some are stubborn, or scared, and refuse to try anything new.

But I think the Goldilocks Principle, as I always call it, applies here, as it does to so many things in life - most of us are somewhere in the middle. I think most sensible people observe what's changing, and pick and choose what they need when they need it.

I'm in my mid-60s. When I started cyber-lessons for my piano students in March, I had to coach several people in their 30s and 40s through using Skype and paying without a paper check. In some cases, it was only because they'd never used that particular platform, but some were really weirded out by doing things online rather than in person.

My mother is in her mid-90s, and understood it easily when I explained how I am giving lessons, getting paid, and getting our groceries during the "vahris tahm."

There are 30-year-olds who are still stuck in the patterns of their adolescence and moaning for "the good old days." And Carl Reiner (who we just lost, :cry:  ), had a Twitter following, speaking against Trump and still being delightful and funny, at 98.

I hope this doesn't sound too defensive - it does bother me when people make assumptions about "boomers," but I also say these things because I really care about people who are younger than I am (I have teacher-brain), and don't want them to fear aging.

Nobody has to be any more stuck in the mud, or any more of a stereotype, than they want to be, not only now, but, if your mind and body hold out, ? 10-80 years from now.

Gary, on the other hand, makes himself so much a stereotype of so many things, all of them ugly, that I've lost count!

43 minutes ago, Walking Cat Bed said:

The challenge for someone like Bro is...does he have a bank account? All of the cash-free business I've done has been connected to my bank account (paypal, zelle,etc). If neither he nor Becky have a bank account (which can involve fees if they don't maintain a positive balance or have regular deposits) they truly are reliant on cash. And that would explain why they're so hot under the collar about a "cash free society".

Unless he was lying, or had permission to use his parents' accounts, he does have a bank account - he whined and complained about waiting in a line of cars at the bank, because they weren't allowed indoors, when he had that extended stay in NC.

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 6

I'm a boomer and y'all get to see my technological skill just about every week.  My dad was silent generation (b. 1930) and when computers came out, he had to have one.  He was able to add memory chips and did all kinds of gadgetty things with audio and video files.  I've had Gen-X employees who were computer illiterate.  

Becky and Gary are just nitwits.  I saw a former co-worker post the cashless society meme and this is someone who is in his early 40's, has a nursing degree and has been the director of an acute-care nursing unit.  It's the conspiracy-perspective.  Or as my latest FB post said:

What if the conspiracy theorists have a conspiracy that's a conspiracy to make you believe in the conspiracy that's not the REAL conspiracy but another conspiracy to hide the REAL conspiracy--like double/triple spies.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 6
  • Love 2

46 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Gary is about  to turn 48 (If the Lord tarries His comin'). He doesn't live like any of the Baby Boomers I know, who are all at varying levels of using whatever technology comes along. And even Gary loves technology when it serves his purposes.

Nobody has to be any more stuck in the mud, or any more of a stereotype, than they want to be, not only now, but, if your mind and body hold out, ? 10-80 years from now.

Gary, on the other hand, makes himself so much a stereotype of so many things, all of them ugly, that I've lost count!

Oh I agree, and I should have clarified - I meant he lived more like a stereotype of boomers. He's the type to constantly complain on Facebook about young people being on their phones all the time. Never mind that the young people might be reading a book on their phone while he's all over social media ranting.

I know some Boomers who are curmudgeonly about tech, some who embrace it, some who are confused by it, and most are in the middle and are good at what applies to their interests. My mom has trouble with some basic things, yet manages to listen online to the in-car audio for her favorite NASCAR driver with no problem. She's pretty good at playing Pokemon Go, but has to be taught whenever there's a change to something and still hasn't quite mastered the quick-catch. 

My dad doesn't use much tech, but has recently figured out how to look online to order parts to fix things. He can't, however, use a smart phone at all and recently got the last flip phone they had in stock at the cell phone store. That's much more due to his "big old fingers" (being a mechanic and farmer his whole life, he does have big calloused fingers that simply don't work on a small touch screen) than being anti-technology.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 2

I think Gary/Becky worry about the cashless society because so much of what they do is cash-in-hand or in-kind. People give them money to leave for gas, people give them a place to stay, people feed them. I think they are worried that as that becomes more easily trackable it will start being counted as income for them.

Oh and they'll be forced to accept the Mark of The Beast on their right hand/forehead, and cast into the lack of fire, or be forced to go underground and starve to death/be hunted down by the minions of The Beast. I can see Gary as a partisan hiding in the forest, can't you?  

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 6

10 hours ago, thoughtful said:

then getting saved (on July 11, 1999 - we really should have a cyber-party on Saturday)

I am up for this - weens (no gravy) for everyone!

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, Alisamer said:

I should have clarified - I meant he lived more like a stereotype of boomers.

Good to hear it! That makes me feel better - thanks.

4 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

I can see Gary as a partisan hiding in the forest, can't you?  

Only if there are weens and White Lily flour in the forest, and Becky to cook for him. He may have to accept wearing an unironed shirt.

Tonight in Maine - the congregations drags and drones through Rise Up O Men of God, Must Jesus Bear the Cross Alone,   and Take Time to Be Holy. Becky sings and plays Could You Not Pray For One Hour, her biggest hit.

Gary comes up, grabs his Bible from the piano, but . . . where is his water? He has to ask Becky for it.

Mark 2:1-12 - Gary, as usual, adds, subtracts, mispronounces, and modernizes as he goes. The only funny error is "it was annoysed that he was in the house."

Back in the day, people would cut a hole in the roof to get someone to Jesus, and now they won't even come to church.

Oh, and FAITH!

During about 15 minutes of yawping about this, Gary must say "listen, hey" a dozen times or more.

CHANGE!

He roars that the healed man referred to in the passage is not "poppin' the pills no more."

I sort of doubt he was popping pills before he was healed, Gary.

"I ain't tellin' ya ta go home and quit popping yer pills, but if ya die, it ain't gonna be my fault, amen!"

:wtf:

More non-sentences and meaningless fragments follow - nothing worth typing out, until:

"Jus' before Jesus was gittin' ready to go, go hang on the cross, fixin' to git beaten upon, 'n' spitten upon, he went over to the garden with sweat, uhuh sweatin' drops of blooood."

Apparently this message did not have enough gore for Gary's taste, so he threw some in.

Gary exhorts them to give out tracts wherever they go. He says he loves going through a drive-through and looking back via the rear-view or side mirror, to see the person reading it.

A. Gary, you really don't need another distraction when you drive - watch where you are going!

B. Do they really look interested, Gary? Are you sure they're not rolling their eyes, saying "got another one" to their co-workers, or just tossing it right into the circular file?

Gary says that sometimes it doesn't look like a whole lot is goin' on in one's ministry, and follows that with this:

"Listen, you don't got enough numbers to put yourself in the sorta lor with all the numbered people you gotta have and ya cain't put yourself over here and ya cain't, listen HEY, amma tell you somethin' we need to realize, listen - WE ARE WORKING for God!"

:confusion-shrug:

"Ah've got very little bit o' money comin' in far as bein', gettin' supported or whatever, but if ah ever had to look, if ah ever had to bow down, or ah had to go away from God's word, ah'd tell, ah'd tell 'em take your money and shove it. Ya say wha is that? 'Cause God's got more money, hey listen, God's got more money 'n anybody."

Where exactly do you find that information in your beloved KJV, Gary?

Gary tells his salvation story again - he "got the whole load" all at once.

Gary likes it when Jesus is "in the house." He spends a while yelling about it.

"Revelations says He's at the door." He knocks on the lectern, loudly, three times.

Spoiler

Well, now he's done it - did it have to be three rhythmic knocks? Now I can only imagine him continuing, like Tony Orlando:

Oh, mah Jesus!
Knock three tahms, in mah Bible if ya want me.
Mmm, hmm, twice on the pipe if ah'm goin' to Hell . . .
Oh, mah Jesus!
*   *   * means you'll meet me up in Heaven,
Twice on the pipe **  **  means in Hades I'll dwell!

*knock sound effect
** pipe being hit sound effect

God will forgive me for that - Gary says so!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 12
  • Thank You 5

Oh, the cashless society... 

Friend of mine posted that exact same rant that had been shared by someone she knew... and I thought....

Gee, I've seen that before. There was a book written by Anne McCaffrey many years ago, called "The Crystal Singer'.. part of a trilogy, I think.. and the woman wore an identiband. (OMG!! Bill Gates chipped us all years ago!! Oh NO!) and this served as identification as well as banking information. The money was added to the person's account from wherever... not just on the country, or the planet, but throughout the galaxy.  Make a trade? switch credits with the person. Get a bonus? it's added to your account. Shop? Decorate your apartment? eat out? credits are deducted from  your account.

I'd wear an identiband any day rather than carry around that gigantic purse/wallet I carry.

But if this sort of cooperation can be imagined over 40 years ago by a science fiction writer, I rather believe it can be achieved by now.. and wouldn't that be handy?

• Upvote 7

Becky's latest conspiracy post (it's from a DOCTOR!) ? :

Spoiler

image.png.6df793b60f76d7bc909917f71edc7988.png

image.png.65d14fc4f9afad97eb26b2c0a28f21a3.png

He lost me at public health tracing being "communism."

Gary's latest post - grifting works better if your request is coherent and contains some specifics, Gar:

image.png.f135c223a7aec11d09228372350ad5f3.png

• Upvote 8
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 4

As far as Dr. Brian Procter in McKinney, Texas: well you know what they call the one with the lowest grade point average who graduated from medical school, right? Doctor.

100 years ago, he'd be selling nostrums from a covered wagon with an "Indian" sidekick...

• Upvote 12
  • Love 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

I have never contacted Information, sorry. 

I have - I just dialed 411!  ?

Tonight's service began with I'm a Soldier in the Army of the King of Kings, which really makes me want to sing Gee, But I Want to Go Home as a partner song. They sound better than usual, though.

Then, Am I a Soldier of the Cross? You'd think the one that's a question would come before the one that's an answer, but, whatever.

Next, Hold the Fort. I'm sensing a theme. Gary HAYMAYUNS a few times.

They depart from all of this war imagery for Saved, Saved.

The pastor asks if anyone wants to testify, and gets no takers. So he talks about how he has to listen to Rock & Roll at work, and how much he loves Bro Gary's preaching, because Gary talks directly to YOU.

They get some testimonies, then the Hawkinses sing I'm Not Going to Hell.

Gary announces 2 Corinthians 13, then rambles incoherently for five minutes, including telling us he's going to give his testimony tonight.

OK, 2 Corinthians 13:1-10 Of course, "reprobate" is "reptobate" - three times.

Lots of the usual, including the tadpoles, Lazarus and the rich man, God gave him his truck, religion will send you to Hell, volcanoes mean that Hell is expanding, the guy who wouldn't give up his one beer a day, and the person who claimed Becky's grandmother was ridin' around in Heaven with Burt Reynolds (whose name he can't come up with - he just says "onenem movie stars").

Lots of dynamic changes in tonight's jazz performance (yeah, I said performance - deal with it, Gar) by scattin' Gary, including getting so super-soft that I couldn't hear a lot of it.

Gary confirms something we had inferred from a long-ago rant about people only working because they don't want to go to church: "Ah begged the boss-man to let me work over, so I didn't have to go to church."  

But that's back when he was "playin' church." Now he's saved. But he's not so sure about his children. "Ah look at 'em 'n' say 'Ah jest don't believe you're saved' 'n' they git mad. Imma tell ya somethin' 'fyou're saved, you're not gonna git mad if a man o' God's gonna tell ya the truth, amen?"

Gary knows this because he got mad when someone accused him of not being saved before he was saved. So of course, it's true for everyone.

"Y'know what? Ah bin to a nursery - ah bin - not in the nursery, ah bin around a few nurseries before 'n' they'd have a few kids in there and they was screamin' at the top o' their lungs 'n' ah said thank God ah'm a man ah don't have to stay in that nursery hallelujah Glory to God butchu know what if that's all Hell was gonna be, ah'd skip it. But it's a TORMENT!"

I love how Gary had to make sure we knew he didn't actually set foot in the nursery.

So, if anyone was hoping that Gary's "testimony" would, for the first time, include his actual crime, or anything more than cursing and "playing church," I'm sorry to disappoint you. He didn't even do his reefer lack-of-madness shtick.

Have I ever mentioned that one of Gary's church functions when he was "playing church" is that he was in the choir, and was a "song leader."

Now, that's my idea of a sin.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 13

I noticed that on his Facebook page, Gary is still looking for some way to stay in Maine for a while.  I think he's enjoying the weather.   (I wonder if he ever found the cabins he was looking for?)

"Ok folks the Hawkins Family is in ME. We have this Sunday open. If the Hawkins Family could be a help to y'all we'd love to. We can also be here in ME through Tuesday Night."

What, Gary?  Those good church people didn't invite you to come yell at them on Sunday?  I'm shocked, I tell you.  Shocked.

As an aside, I'd hate to live like this.  They don't know where they are going to be from week to week or if they're going to have money for food or housing.  Mostly, this just makes me feel even sorrier for Jacob.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

12 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Becky's latest conspiracy post (it's from a DOCTOR!) ? :

Hide contents

image.png.6df793b60f76d7bc909917f71edc7988.png

image.png.65d14fc4f9afad97eb26b2c0a28f21a3.png

He lost me at public health tracing being "communism."

Gary's latest post - grifting works better if your request is coherent and contains some specifics, Gar:

image.png.f135c223a7aec11d09228372350ad5f3.png

Reminds me of a conversation I had the other day with a freaking NURSE I work with:

Nurse:  If hydroxychlorquine  doesn't work for COVID, then why did Trump take it?
Me:  ...because he's an idiot?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

This septuagenarian uses Zelle and Venmo (I'm flexible that way) to move money around when I'm not paying with a credit card. I like having not having to do my own bookkeeping and I really like getting to fly on a free first class ticket to someplace nice every year or so. I think I write one or two checks a year, usually because a repairman offers a 5% discount for not using a card. I've been using social media since 1990 and some of my best friends are people I initially got acquainted with via Usenet. The technophobes I know are all at least a decade or two younger than me.

OTOH I only learned about FLAC files and why they are so much better than MP3s a month ago and I still haven't quite figured out how to download and view GIS topographical maps on my phone so there are still days when I feel a bit like Rip Van Winkle.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 4

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

?

Now he's saved. But he's not so sure about his children. "Ah look at 'em 'n' say 'Ah jest don't believe you're saved' 'n' they git mad. Imma tell ya somethin' 'fyou're saved, you're not gonna git mad if a man o' God's gonna tell ya the truth, amen?"

Gary knows this because he got mad when someone

accused him of not being saved before he was saved. So of course, it's true for everyone.

I bet Gary still gets plenty mad if somebody tells him they don't think he's saved.

Gary, does this only work if it's a Man of God to tell you so? Are you allowed to get mad if some lazy incoherent grifter comes and tells you you're not saved?

• Haha 11

Gary posted this earlier this morning:

"Ok folks JESUS is will to Saved all that will come HIS way. Through the Blood.
Bro Gary Hawkins"

All this talk about blood is giving me a "Carrie" vibe from Bro Gary.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 1
  • Haha 7

4 hours ago, Xan said:

Gary posted this earlier this morning:

"Ok folks JESUS is will to Saved all that will come HIS way. Through the Blood.
Bro Gary Hawkins"

All this talk about blood is giving me a "Carrie" vibe from Bro Gary.

Wait - Jesus is Will?

Spoiler

image.png.4fe482f6089c4bd52597918001c72639.pngimage.png.a82fe174fc8f308544e691c5aba70454.png?*  image.png.cea129fcd45a2315a78d0323e2c9e932.png ? image.png.e2eac0ec84d0a206c83fde2a38e693a6.png ?

*the William Penn statue in Philadelphia, photographed from the angle usually avoided, because it makes his right hand look like - not a hand.

I thought Jesus was Jesus.

Besides Carrie, I've found another movie Gary might like:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0052655/

Also a bookstore:

https://www.bucketoblood.com/

And there are many bars with a name like "Bucket o' Blood," but we know Gary doesn't go into bars.

Edited by thoughtful
getting rid of a fictional Will I decided against
  • Haha 10

Becky is having a fundraiser:

https://www.facebook.com/events/340133790310297/

I suppose it's possible that the person involved has totally cleaned up her life, but she certainly has had a rocky road, including having children taken away several times, and an arrest for child abuse. I suspect that Becky's reaction is knee-jerk "white bio parents good, state bad."

https://www.facebook.com/autumn.witcher

https://www.facebook.com/people/Autumn-Witcher/100014781693032

https://www.kfvs12.com/story/33829921/chaffee-couple-arrested-after-child-abuse-investigation/

https://www.facebook.com/autumn.witcher.1

• Upvote 4
  • WTF 4

49 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

Becky is having a fundraiser:

https://www.facebook.com/events/340133790310297/

I suppose it's possible that the person involved has totally cleaned up her life, but she certainly has had a rocky road, including having children taken away several times, and an arrest for child abuse. I suspect that Becky's reaction is knee-jerk "white bio parents good, state bad."

https://www.facebook.com/autumn.witcher

https://www.facebook.com/people/Autumn-Witcher/100014781693032

https://www.kfvs12.com/story/33829921/chaffee-couple-arrested-after-child-abuse-investigation/

https://www.facebook.com/autumn.witcher.1

I don't understand how Becky has gotten involved in this at all.  From what's available online, it doesn't appear that Autumn has "found Jesus" or anything.  She does appear to have tried to start a bunch of fundraisers but never ended up with much.  Maybe Becky just has sympathy for anyone who has lost custody of their children.  It just makes me wonder exactly what the story is with Becky and her children.  How does she still have Jacob?  And how could she choose Gary over her children (assuming that's what she did)?

ETA:  I just realized that Jacob could be Gary's child and not Becky's.  Never mind...

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic