IGNORED

Bro Gary Hawkins 14: Ween, glorious WEEN!

samurai_sarah

Oops. Wrong thread. This is what I get for cheating on J-Rod with G-haw. Please delete above, mods. Sorry. 

• Haha 7

1 hour ago, Fruitcake said:

Oops. Wrong thread. This is what I get for cheating on J-Rod with G-haw. Please delete above, mods. Sorry. 

I was about to say, "For the love of Rufus, it was bad enough seeing it in the J-Rod thread, let alone popping up here."

• Haha 12

13 minutes ago, FiveAcres said:

I was about to say, "For the love of Rufus, it was bad enough seeing it in the J-Rod thread, let alone popping up here."

Whereas you SEVERELY got my hopes up that JRod was going to have sweet fellowship with Bro Gary!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13

Maybe the universe will throw us a bone after making 2020 so shitty and we’ll get a crossover!

• Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 12

On 8/21/2020 at 9:10 PM, AmazonGrace said:

Gary you have been block because you have been dick.

This would be a GREAT cross stitch!!

Re: the BB guns in the kid's room–when my daughter got her Chromebook last week there was a whole page of rules on how to use it properly. One of the instructions was making sure there was nothing inappropriate in the background of the call for the Zoom meetings. They are considering it to still be school. So there's that…

Also I just want everyone to know that hot dogs are forever known as weens in our house. Yesterday we had a (social distancing, outdoor) 16th birthday party for our daughter, and we had a ween bar with lots of toppings! It was a hit, and there was no pink gravy to be found anywhere! 

• Upvote 10

I'm amazed that Gary's dumb hick schtick goes over so well in New England and Upstate New York.  I could see it more in my (red)neck of the woods.  Deep in the Bible belt with a Baptist church on every corner.  

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 7

The service at Calvary Baptist in Frankfort, NY, begins with I Serve a Risen Savior, which, although written in 1933, reminded me of the songs of 30 years earlier. I wanted to break into A Bicycle Built For Two or The Man Who Broke the Bank at Monte Carlo as partner songs.

Then, Are You Washed in the Blood of the Lamb - Gary and Becky bellow loudly, happy as  can be.

Then No, Not One. Gary takes a while to join in on this one, but, once he's in, he's all in.

Gary actually brings his Bible, notes and water bottle to the lectern himself, then chats with the man who was playing the piano, who appears to also be the pastor, while Becky and Jacob go to the piano.

They sing Jesus Passed By and Becky sings the Gethsemane song that she always sings, and that I can't find anywhere else.

Gary makes stupid jokes for a while (threatening a long message with 36 points, mocking the pastor's limp handshake as not being Baptist), rubs his nose, and says something unpleasant about the possibility of their missing any of the messages he's going to preach for the next three days - it sounds like "If you miss any of these messages, ah'm not, y'know -  that'll be on your own fault, amen?" and " If you miss 'em, it better be you're sinnin' 'em so fast that you're dead amen?"

It's at 18 minutes, if anyone wants to try to figure out what he's saying.

He tells them to turn to John 20, then reminisces about the first time they came to this church (Becky has to correct him on the year, because he thinks it's a year before they started going out on the road). God gave them money for a revival, Gary will only come there in the summer because he hates snow, etc. Now he has shtick about how the blood of Jesus washed him white as snow (on July 11, 1999), so he doesn't need any more snow.

OK, John 20 - Gary has them stand, then reminisces some more. Gary, if I were you, I wouldn't try this guy's patience:

Spoiler

image.png.1b4e83cca1faa7aa04a8daf425094396.png

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=john+20%3A24-31&version=KJV

Some highlights of Gary's misreadings of and additions to the doubting Thomas story:

KJV: The other disciples therefore said unto him, We have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I shall see in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print of the nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe.
Bro Gary Version: Uh, the other disciples therefore said unto him, where have - we have seen the Lord. But he said unto them, Except I see the Lord in his hands the print of the nails, and put my finger into the print - uhuh print of his nails, and thrust my hand into his side, I will not believe. And ah tell ya raht now we got a lot of people today they ain't believin', ananan' you say why is that, 'cause there's not enough afeared of God amen?

KJV: Then saith he to Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold my hands; and reach hither thy hand, and thrust it into my side: and be not faithless, but believing.
BGV: Then said he to the Thomas, Reach hither thy finger, and behold thy hand; and reach hither thy hands, and thrust it into my side: and be not faultless - faithless, but be - but believin'.

KJV: Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed.
BGV: Jesus said unto him, Thomas, because thou hast seen me, thou hast believed: blessed are they that have not seen, and yet believe not.

Gary babbles about how he decided on the title of the message: "Is it real?"

I wonder that about you sometimes, Gary.

In the middle of his usual crap about people being addicted to watching the news, Gary says we need to get addicted to Jesus. Coming close to facing the truth about yourself there, Gary, but I still think you're addicted to the attention, self-righteousness and adrenaline, with side benefits of money and free food and lodging.

"There's people that say this world was poofed into existence."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=genesis+1%3A26-27&version=KJV

Lots of misreading, but nothing funny or that reverses the meaning.

God created male and female.

"Now, if you'll listen to the uh - if you'll listen to the uhuhuh the left end, or uh what they call the left side of whatever, there's a lot of people that think we got a lot of  - we have got a lot of uh uh different uh - kindsa people. There's only two kindsa people and that's female and male - male and female amen?"

Gary wouldn't say sex, couldn't think of the word gender, and had to reverse his long list of two, because he accidentally said female first. A living stereotype.

This female needs to do some work. I shall return with more of Gary's brilliant insights on reality.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 14
  • Love 2

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary makes stupid jokes for a while (threatening a long message with 36 points, mocking the pastor's limp handshake as not being Baptist),

He's such a dick. A little man who always has to belittle others to make himself look bigger. 

3 hours ago, Fruitcake said:

Maybe the universe will throw us a bone after making 2020 so shitty and we’ll get a crossover!

I will take that as a Definite Sign that we are in the end times, particularly if they sing together.  Although it'd be worth it for the totally unsubtle preaching Bro Gary would do about Jill, and the slightly more subtle passive-aggressive response from Jill.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 6

Back to Gary, sex and gender. Gary says that "if you ever decided to wake up and you was a woman wantin' to be a man, there's somethin' wrong with your mahnd, amen?"

God made Gary a man, and he's proud of it. He's glad he's not a woman. He spews some stupidity about waiting for his wife outside of "Walmarts" for so long that someday he'll just turn into a skeleton.

If you want to have a boyfriend or a girlfriend, you might as well do what the Bible says and GET MARRIED!

Gary, are you sure you've read your Bible?

Spoiler

image.png.9201a321c4757f5421c959e58a70e2d3.png

Gary does his usual unconvincing bit about not aiming that at anyone in particular, but "if the shoe fits, ya just maht as well wear it amen."

After God created man and woman and "got 'em married, he said that he made it that they would be to multiply the earth. And replenish their amen?"

He yells on about marriage, and the husband being the head of the house, telling us that, if a man loves his wife as Christ loves the church, "it'd be very easily for your wahf to just come in raht behind ya. Amen?" 

He frequently asks "Is everybody all right?" which is one of his ways of saying he's not getting the yell-backs that he wants. He adds "Ah feel lahk ah'm preachin' to mah wife."

"THE WOMAN'S NOT SUPPOSED TO WORK FOR THE MAN! THE MAN'S SUPPOSED TO WORK FOR THE WOMAN! AMEN! (long pause) Amen. Amen. But ah'm gonna tell ya somethin', it ain't for the woman to lay around the house all day watching soap operas. HAYMEN!"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians+5%3A22-25&version=KJV

Besides the obvious, Gary also gets this from the familiar passage: "So, hey  if if if somebody comes to, uh, we're livin' in a tahm now that if if if you got a gun and uh ah'm on Facebook and hey you can tell Governor Cooper and Governer Dummo or what all of 'em all of 'em 'at's aginst this that's OK  - but ah have the raht to protect mah wife, amen?"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians+5%3A26-27&version=KJV

"Lemme say raht here here we go listen. Brother Henry's aginst women makin' up, ah'm not, amen. Ah'm not talkin' about paintin' the barn,  amen, bless it got none that junk, but y'know what? When ah can, amma let mah wahf go get her fingernails done. God ah'm gonna tell you raht now it's expensive. Uhuhuh Steven said yesterday, was it yesterday or day before, ah said 'you want a wife' he said 'ah'm expectin' the Lord to give me one,' ah said 'nn they expensive.'  But when ah can ah'm expected to let mah wahf, go and have a woman's day. Amen?"

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians+5%3A28&version=KJV

"Clean up for one another."

While Becky was in Walmarts the other day and Gary was in the truck, she texted him to tell him she got something for herself. "Ah coulda gotten mad about it, but you know what, she needs to do that now and then amen?"

Gary, you're a prince.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=ephesians+5%3A29-33&version=KJV

KJV: For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth it, even as the Lord the church:
For we are members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bones.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and they two shall be one flesh.
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

BGV: For no man ever yet hated his own flesh; but nourisheth and cherisheth, even as the Lord:
For we are the members of his body, of his flesh, and of his bone.
For this cause shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall be joined unto his wife, and them two shall be one flesh what that's sayin' is listen hey go get yer own house. Amen? Stay away from the in-laws and the outlaws. HAYMUH!
This is a great mystery: but I speak concerning Christ and the church.
Nevertheless let every one of you in particular so love his wife even as himself; and the wife see that she reverence her husband.

He backs away from his Bible for an extreme pissy-face and shrug. He tells them Becky can teach the wives how to be good, and gets whiny and warns anyone who isn't listening that they will need to stand before God someday.

Titus 2 - Gary takes on the territory of Lori and the Maxwells!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=titus+2%3A1-8&version=KJV

KJV: But speak thou the things which become sound doctrine:
That the aged men be sober, grave, temperate, sound in faith, in charity, in patience.
The aged women likewise, that they be in behaviour as becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wine, teachers of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chaste, keepers at home, good, obedient to their own husbands, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in doctrine shewing uncorruptness, gravity, sincerity,
Sound speech, that cannot be condemned; that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

BGV: But speak thou the things which become sound doctoring:
That the aged men be sober, gravient, temperant, sound in faith, and in charity, and in patience.
That the aged women lahkwasssss, that they behave as uh becometh holiness, not false accusers, not given to much wahhn, teachin' of good things;
That they may teach the young women to be sober, to love their own husbands, to love their children,
To be discreet, chasin', keepers at home, good, obedient into their own house, that the word of God be not blasphemed.
Young men likewise exhort to be sober minded.
In all things shewing thyself a pattern of good works: in the doctoring shewing unto uncorruptness, grevity, sinceerity,
Sound speakin', that cannot be condemned; that he that that that he that is of the contrary part may be ashamed, having no evil thing to say of you.

Gary tells us his grandmother had five brothers and claimed she was a tomboy, and it's OK if you let a girl play with "cars or Tonker toy or whatever," but you ought to teach a girl to be a girl and dress her up like a girl.

"Ah think a woman should have a dress on - it'll help 'em a whole lot amen?"

"Let your boys git out there and roll around in the mud."
Becky: "But not in their church clothes."
Gary tells us that Jacob got mud on his shirt today, but "that just lets me know he's a real boy."

Gary's had children tell him that, because they turned 18, "they were all of a sudden an adult. Whoever started that, they need their brains beat up HAYMEN!"

Gary's raised his boys to willing to do work, but they always seem to need to go to the bathroom when it's time to work. Wonder where they learned that.

Gary tells us about the story Becky posted on Facebook (kid with guns in his room), and how it made him SICK! "Go ahead and call the law on me, bless God - be the first and last."

He tells us he's going to start teaching Jacob how to shoot a gun - I'm actually surprised he didn't do that already (probably too lazy), because "we live in a dangerous tahm."

He goes on about how he could live off of the land, like our ancestors. Do we have a "snort of derision" emoji?

The Proverbs woman had a garden and made quilts, according to Gary. "There's nothin' wrong for a woman to work, amen? INsahd the home. Ah know this ain't popular, ah don't really keer."

"If you don't raise your children, the crackheads down the street will."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+6%3A14-15&version=KJV

He mumbles that he thinks he read it wrong, then says he didn't. But he's "got two scriptures for this."

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=1+peter+1%3A13-15&version=KJV

He stumbles through it, and, after this hour of angry, pissy, resentful crap, he lectures them about forgiveness.

Gary adds to his anti-TV rant - cartoons have been "demon-possessed from day one, from when ah was a kid, to this day."

And, of course, he does his "Andy Griffin" rant. "BARNEY HAS GOT LIPSTICK ON 'IM, FROM A WOMAN KISSIN' HIM - ANOTHER MAN'S WIFE!"

Gary, I think Thelma Lou was single.

"Ah kiss one person, and that's mah wahf." Some grown kids still kiss their parents, but not on the lips, so he guesses that's OK.

He tells a story about a preacher who recently gave Jacob "80-some dollars." I don't know if it was the take from the collection plate or what, but Gary jokes "I done all the work, and he got the money, ain't that a shame?" 

Gary talks about the truck Jesus gave him, and the money Jesus gave him to fix it up.

"Someobody, y'know, ever'body's worried about uh sleepy Joe, you know the Democrat uhuhuhuh presidy, ever'body's worried about him because he goes around n sniffs ever'body. And ah guess that Harrison lady's, 'cordin' to mah understandin' she passed the sniff test 'cause she's now the vice-president-to-be if they git in in November. And ah got to thinkin' about that, 'cause the Bahble says somethin' about bein' a sweet smellin' savior. How do we smell -- how do we smell to God?"

He talks about how Jacob smells after he's been playing, and smelling food that has gone bad.

Live holy, live right with God. Smell good.

I would like to add: speak coherently.

But I don't think that is on Gary's Jesus-approved to-do list.

Edited by thoughtful
riffle
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 11
  • Love 2

Brief aside -- I'm a kid in church and reading the program for the revival service that night.  The first hymn is "Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown" and the second one is "No, Not One".  I got the giggles and my mom ends up pinching me to get me to hush.

Back to Gary -- He is such a hateful little man.  The stuff about women and about Becky is particularly loathsome.  She must have real ego issues to stay with such a lazy, mean man.  Of course, maybe someone beat his 'brains up'.  He does talk about beatings a lot.  Maybe he's got some brain damage from earlier beatings.  That makes as much sense as anything else.  

I do love when the congregation doesn't "Amen" back at him.  It really pisses him off.  He just needs a lot of validation.

I think his either his diet isn't going that well or else he bought his pants too small.  I looked at a snippet of one of his videos and this is what he looked like.  His pants pockets are pulling open, he has his pants pulled way down under his stomach, and he has on really long suspenders to keep the pants up.  Give up, Gar.  Go back up a pants size or two.  

Spoiler

1962673496_Screenshot(1365).png.a5b0bfa2bd90a3a6c806da9d71df4768.png

At the beginning of the video, they're putting up the tent and Gary is pleased.  Gary is also pointedly not helping raise the tent.  Another man remarks that it's good if everybody works.  Gary doesn't take the hint.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

16 minutes ago, Xan said:

The first hymn is "Will There Be Any Stars In My Crown" and the second one is "No, Not One".  I got the giggles

I love it.

17 minutes ago, Xan said:

I think his either his diet isn't going that well or else he bought his pants too small.  I looked at a snippet of one of his videos and this is what he looked like.

Where did you find this? I don't think he's had the tent up since his diet, so I would imagine you found an old video.

Also, how do you smell to the LORD?

image.png.2c2758f9e8c6d5b2ad946382451cf4e0.png

Gary preached again tonight at Calvary Baptist. This service lasts about an hour and a half.

First, he has to wait his turn. I think I was mistaken when identifying this man as the pastor before - I actually think he's The Greatest Violinist in New York again.

He is mostly a quiet preacher, but he's a lectern slapper when he gets loud (each bolded word comes with a smack on the wood): "Ya wanna have peace and joy in your life, stop doing things that God doesn't like!"

He goes to the piano, and alternates between lecturing and leading them in song. They sing No Room in the Inn, Blessed Assurance, and Standing on the Promises. Then he changes to a violin, and sings and plays He Lifted Me. At one point he stops playing, and immediately starts waving his bow, and yelling "AND THE DEVIL'S GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE! THE DEVIL'S GOTTA GET OUT OF HERE!" He is not so overcome with emotion that he can't put his bow safely in his left hand, so he can start slapping the lectern again: "THE DEVIL'S GOTTA GET OUT OF THIS PLACE! THE DEVIL HAS TO LEAVE!  IT'S NOT A PERSON!"

Spoiler

image.png.d83a6298b66f8294b7b09dbe55d31fdf.png  image.png.6c56adc4b1ada85018bebf351c36cba1.png

And he rants on about the devil leaving, and people not playing around with "THIS PENTACOST GARBAGE!" and "THE STUFF ON THE COMPUTER AND THE WHOLE THING!"

After several minutes of this, he goes right back to playing and singing the song, interrupting himself to yell "JESUS IS TENDER THE DEVIL IS MEAN!" once.

Gary, I think this guy has you beat for wild and crazy shtick. You're tied for incoherence and "I'm not naming any names but you know who I mean" hinting, though.

I don't really think my description does it justice. It starts at  about 10:50, if anyone wants to have this . . . experience . . . for themselves. He gives Only Trust Him the same treatment, starting at 17:00, and interrupting to say "You may be saved, but you may be needing a plunge in that crimson flood!"

Spoiler

Gary comes up to preach. He announces 1 Corinthians 5:13 and says "Ah think ah preached this before."

Yes, Gary, a few times.

He rambles on a bit before reading.

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=2+corinthians+13%3A5&version=KJV

Examine yourselves, whether ye be in the faith; prove your own selves. Know ye not your own selves, how that Jesus Christ is in you, except ye be reptobates?

Someone asks him "What's that word mean?"
Gary: "Reptobate? Turned away from God."
Becky: "Unable to listen to God."
Gary:
"Unable to listen to God. God's turned his back on you, because you've decided to foller the Devil instead of God."

Well, all of that would be fine, if you were defining "reprobate" instead of "reptobate."

Gary goes back to the beginning of the verse, and tries some interactive stuff, but manages to make it condescending: "Examine - what's that next word? I want all of ya to help me out here. I need your help. I know what this is, but ah think you need to know what this is."

After someone says "yourselves," and Becky chimes in, Gary goes for a deep and meaningful follow-up about what it means to examine yourself. Ready?

"And, uh . . .so . . . . " long pause. "You, uh . . .  CHURCH! What is church?"

I think Gary is very unnerved by a woman in the congregation. She speaks up, and asks questions (I think she was the one who asked for the definition of reptobate, and said and asked some things in the morning service, as well), and actually answers the questions Gary asks. She has her phone on, and I figured she was looking up the Bible verses on it. I also think she may be someone who thinks and speaks differently from most neurotypical folks. From watching other services, I'm pretty sure Gary is creeped out by/disgusted by/bigoted about disabilities. It's also possible he's so insensitive that he doesn't even realize she may need to be cut some slack.

He asks why they come to church, and doesn't wait for an answer, going on to say that they come to church for the wrong reasons. But she speaks up, and says "I come to church to praise God."

Gary, here's your chance - say "AMEN SISTER!" Embrace the fact that someone who seems so different in your bigoted eyes has a heart for  the Lord, celebrate the fact that someone is calling back to you during your message, saying what you want to hear!

Here's what Gary says: "Well, bein' on the telephone won't - that's not praisin' God, that's hurtin' God. That will destroy God. That makes God mad."

Dickdickdickdick. What an incredible dick. Examine yourself, Gary.

Gary has trouble getting his rhythm back, but tries to do some of his "support your pasture" riff, and tells them he's very angry because most of them listen to the devil more than God. An hour of dreck follows; political shit, clumsy attempts at humor, long gaps of silent staring, and vague weirdness.

He tells them that North Valley Church in California, led by the great man of God Jack Trieber, has been given a citation for having church and has to pay $5000 (google found nothing), and will pay $5000 if they meet again, and they're planning to still have church.

Gary, you are preaching to people who are IN CHURCH. Why are you giving them guilt about not coming to church?

"No, ah don't got nice words for people who just - you know - they wantin' that free ride for everything."

I hope irony meters can go in the recycling.

We hear the woman saying "OK, all right," and Gary gets pissy about her using the phone again, telling her "you sure don't care about the church, doin' that. Amana tell you when you can answer your cell phone - when Jesus calls."

After lots more rambling and blaming, Gary claims that God is telling him what to say, and we all know what that means. He is off on even more meaningless tangents.

Hallmark Channel got bawled out by the sodomites, so now our rights are being taken away.

This week, Gary and Becky are sleeping in separate beds, and Becky is enjoying it. "Ya say wha?" Whatever Gary's joke was, it was drowned out by Becky saying "Because you don't hit me in the head!"

I guess, when he's not trying to die from apnea, Gary is a restless sleeper.

Cuomo let some singer into New York without a quarantine (google came up with nothing). Gary's more essential than them rock stars - they just want your money. Gary says if he wanted to get rich, he'd change to another denomination.

He starts screaming at them about not expecting someone (the pastor's wife, I think) to drive them  around all the time, and to call Uber or (Becky, what's that other one? Lyft) Lyft and give them your money.

He talks about dirty guys who don't wash their hands in public bathrooms, and tells us all about his showers, with soap and shampoo and cream rinse. And we're back to how you smell to God.

He puts on his Star Trek jacket, and tries to guilt them into coming up for the altar call, promising that they have a woman to pray with women, and a man to pray with men. Becky kneels quietly with a woman who comes up, Gary paces and ignores a man who comes up. Another man comes up, and it looks like he specifically asks Gary to pray for him as he kneels, and Gary yells out a prayer (drowned out by the piano player, who is singing), then swaggers around some more, yelling "Anybody else?" and "If ya ain't saved, you better git it because the Lord is soon comin',"  and swigging his water like a bully at a bar.

Spoiler

image.png.750f3f5cd430d13991306374434425bf.png

How much dickishness can come from one human? Gary is just astoundingly overfilled with dickishness. It spills from him in gushes, as I'm sure he imagines the spirit of God does.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 9

9 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Where did you find this? I don't think he's had the tent up since his diet, so I would imagine you found an old video.

How much dickishness can come from one human? Gary is just astoundingly overfilled with dickishness. It spills from him in gushes, as I'm sure he imagines the spirit of God does.

You're absolutely right, thoughtful.  I was on the church Facebook page and the tent videos are directly beneath the inside videos.  I figured he must have done a tent service while there.  Nope.  I guess this church (and after reading your description of the pastor pasture, it makes sense) is technologically challenged.  The only videos they have in the past five years are of Gary.  The tent ones are from last year.  That's just so so sad.

On the upside, either Gary has lost weight or he's learned to buy or grift larger clothes.  I guess we give credit to Jesus?

I think Gary's dickishness is getting worse.  From the little bit that I saw when I viewed the church video, he's mostly standing wearing his pissy face and doing his "you may not want to hear this but I don't have to be popular" routine.  It's as if he's discovered that he can vent his spleen on tiny congregations and pretend that it's preaching.  I guess these people are used to it.  Me?  I'd have waited for one of his dramatic pauses and stood up and walked out.  

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 10

He's disgusting...he "lets" his wife get her nails done??? Shit, when I went to see the new grandbaby, it had been a good little while since I'd gotten "done" (COVID)...my SON handed me his AmEx and told me to get my ass to a salon PRONTO. 

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 3

17 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Why the hell do people listen to him? I honestly just don't get it.

8 hours ago, Xan said:

It's as if he's discovered that he can vent his spleen on tiny congregations and pretend that it's preaching.  I guess these people are used to it.  Me?  I'd have waited for one of his dramatic pauses and stood up and walked out.  

I don't think I'd have waited for the pause.

17 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary's more essential than them rock stars - they just want your money.

Heh. I go through more irony meters with Gary than literally anyone else on FJ.

• Upvote 10

19 hours ago, thoughtful said:

I think I was mistaken when identifying this man as the pastor before - I actually think he's The Greatest Violinist in New York again.

Quoting myself to say that I was wrong and I was right! Also, I was correctly incorrect! He is the pastor at this church, and he is the "symponthy" violinist we heard at the other church, Brother Henry Kicinski (cue old Certs commercial, and the SNL parody of it).

The only evidence I can find of him playing anywhere other than church is from the 1980s. He doesn't have a Facebook account, so Gary linked to what I think is his son's account, which is why I was confused - I knew that guy looked too young to be the musical pastor.

10 hours ago, Xan said:

I think Gary's dickishness is getting worse.  From the little bit that I saw when I viewed the church video, he's mostly standing wearing his pissy face and doing his "you may not want to hear this but I don't have to be popular" routine.

I feel the same way about his dickishness as I do about his language problems - I don't think they've gotten better or worse over time, I just think they ebb and flow.

Spoiler

image.png.2971a03f915057ff364cf0f72af6d6fc.png

Oh, boy! I love the old Hymm and song pleasings! As Jill would say, Ymmm!

Spoiler

image.png.a8b3193e99b07ecec0aed1551a1de4f9.png

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

How the HELL has this guy given is 15 pages already?

• Haha 7

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic