IGNORED

Camille and Haley Harris

NachosFlandersStyle

So this video is going around on twitter. Click only if you have a strong stomach.

Anyway, a bit of digging and this is Camille and Haley Harris (that's their dad in the middle, not sure if the rest are sisters?). They previously went viral for a song about Rick Santorum in 2012, because who isn't moved to create art when they think of that guy? Anyway, they are from a Tulsa family with eight siblings and a pastor father. Website here (be sure to check out their TRUMP page): http://camilleandhaley.com/bio/

Haley now lives in Branson, the only place on earth where this sort of thing sells, where she's in the living Nativity at Silver Dollar City and also does a Karen Carpenter tribute show? http://haleyjoyharris.com/ 

Camille has a sort of-active blog where she goes on and on about the powers of positive thinking and clean living. She's 25 but sounds a whole lot younger. Her "conversion story" is a trip: http://camillesjournal.com/blog/my-testimony/

Lately they've been going to campaign events calling themselves the "Trumpettes," a name which appears to already belong to a Black gospel group (who I'm sure aren't thrilled about any of this). They're calling the song above the "Tulsa rally anthem" and judging by the number of people snarking on it right now it could be their big break...

Anyone know more about the family?

• Upvote 5

Camille is a strange bird. She prays and speaks in tongues. She also says that she didn’t get her period for nine months straight as a teen but god miraculously restored it to her. I would have been like, “gee thanks god. Bleeding and cramps. Hooray.” Plus god healed her malaria. Her dad, sister, and Camille all got malaria when they were over seas on a mission trip. Why would god give you malaria on a mission to spread his word? I doubt she could answer that. 

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

40 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Camille is a strange bird

God gave her a crock pot and a pair of leggings she wanted! Wow. 

I was mistaken about her age-- the post where she mentions being 25 is a few years old now. So she's closer to 30 and still blogging like a teenager.

• Upvote 3

Heh. Just saw this tRumper song video over on Twitter where there is a veritable cascade of vomit, eyeroll & OMFG emojis. Guess I shouldn't be surprised that they're Christian fundies AND thus eminently snarkable. 

Re: Haley's music. Her "cover" of 'Jamabalaya' is bad enough to bring Hank Williams back from beyond -- wouldn't surprise me if he did return and told her to STOP IT.

Also noticed that she's created a "Branson" version of Rogers & Hammerstein's 'The Lonely Goatherd' from The Sound of Music. Hope she has permission. The R & H estates are notorious for strictly enforcing copyright & not allowing changes to lyrics. 

Re: Camilla. Looks like someone besides Haley should be doing the proofreading on her blog. What a mess.

My hair is naturally curly and I’ve never died [sic] it, but I curl it with a wand and my sisters Haley or Brooke cut it for me – for free!

• Upvote 2

Parody songs, all of them, are like nails on a chalkboard to me. Trump Parody songs?  That’s too much.  I may have to cancel my internet.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

I’m 25 and I’ve stayed away from smoking, drinking, sexing & drugging – and so far it hasn’t hurt me.

She wants everyone to know she's stayed away from "sexing." Never in my life have I heard it worded that way!

I checked out her most recent blog post and, unfortunately, her proofreading abilities haven't changed much. I'd understand if there were a few minor errors, but it was like she published a draft. I can't even articulate my thoughts about her blog right now. She's 28 now, and if I didn't know any better, I'd think she was at least 10 years younger based on her writing skills. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

WTAF did I just read in her testimony?  If my carpet cleaner spent his time witnessing to me I'd never hire him again.  And she cured some ladies menstrual complaints???  She prayed for clothes and got them so therefore Jesus was listening?  WOW.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 3

1 hour ago, JMO said:

WTAF did I just read in her testimony?

Can't decide if she actually means to say "soil" here or if it's just more evidence of her functional illiteracy:

Looking back, I recently realized that I started reading the Bible for myself in my youth and I really think that the word of God getting into my soil early on helped spare me from unwanted regrets. [Emphasis added]

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Can't decide if she actually means to say "soil" here or if it's just more evidence of her functional illiteracy:

I definitely think she meant “soul” and not soil. How do these fundies think their schooling is so superior when they consistently make spelling and grammar errors? I know I sometimes don’t have the best grammar, but at least I don’t brag that my education was better than everyone else’s like the fundies do. 

3 hours ago, JanasTattooParlor said:

I definitely think she meant “soul” and not soil. How do these fundies think their schooling is so superior when they consistently make spelling and grammar errors? I know I sometimes don’t have the best grammar, but at least I don’t brag that my education was better than everyone else’s like the fundies do. 

Well it could be that she was making a reference to this parable https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=matthew+13%3A+1-23&version=NIV ; and possibly also trying to make clever word play , as soil sounds similar to soul , especially to those with a southern twang .  But it's also likely you're right though . 

Wellll....

This is dissapointing. 

You see I love a good catchy cheesey Christmas Song and "It's Snowing Again" really fit that for me. I definitely played it on repeat a couple years ago. 

Also having spent my fair share of time volunteering on Salvation Army Kettles I also liked that song. 

Now they are tainted. So incredibly tainted. Tainted and tinged with orange. 

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She also says that she didn’t get her period for nine months straight as a teen but god miraculously restored it to her.

I've known quite a few women who, as teenagers, didn't get their period for nine months straight.  Their outcomes were different, though.

• Haha 11
  • I Agree 1