Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Recommended Posts

SPHASH
Posted (edited)

Will Jesse and 3nna make it to the annual OCC Christmas in July breakfast fundraiser put on by the Spinsters and the nieces this Sat?  Now 3nna can see all the Maxwell craziness on display!  BTW it only took a week after Chelsy and John's wedding for the pictures to show up.

Edited by SPHASH
ETA

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Maggie Mae
4 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

How the Sam Hill can Anna be content with calling Leavenworth home when she is back in the gorgeous part of the worl where she was born & raised?  Would that Chris had the desire & gumption to make a life for his family in WA.  Eastern KS is nice, but severely lacks ocean, mountains and temperate weather. 

I literally just came here to say this. I feel so bad for Anna, no offence to any Kansas residents, but leaving such a beautiful part of the country to live in flat Kansas, away from family, and in Maxhell? She must either really love Christopher, Jesus, or she was brainwashed into submission. I hope Christopher is doing some deep thinking and maybe considering moving the kids closer to her family. If she doesn't make it, those kids deserve a chance to know both grandparents (unless her parents are awful, who knows) and they probably want to see their grandkids too. If she does come out of this, wouldn't she want to be closer to her family of origin? 

  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1
  • Bless Your Heart 1
  • I Agree 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

We may only be seeing a brave face from Anna about all this because it’s the face she’s choosing to share publicly on the blog. I’m guessing she may have some darker/less positive moments too. 

Chris and Anna’s kids do get to see their non-Maxwell grandparents although I’m guessing it’s not often. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
redsmomma29

Couple of thoughts, Washington Anna, is probably sicker than they are letting on.  A baseline MRI is not standard for early breast cancer. Tagging on to that,  pregnancy hormones can cause cancers to grow rapidly, they feed the tumor. Very sad.....

I think that having all three Close...not extended...daughters is bad.....no terrible for their brand.  The reality is all of the stuff they preach, virginity, modesty, housekeeping, cooking etc. is supposed to catch one a godly young man...right now this is a massive fail!!  

One more thought, the Anna3 apartment situation may be the beginning of a massive crack of this families beliefs,  I think they have glossed over some other small cracks, but this one might do it....at least it is fun to watch and speculate about!!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Foudeb

I am clutching my pearls over excitedly at this. An apartment! Rented! Over 30 minutes away from Maxhell! 

Oh my sweet flying spaghetti monster. Steve's control really is slipping. 

And Jesse of all the Maxhellions! It always is the quiet ones isn't it. 

It's always good to hear from Anna. I'm happy she's getting through the treatment and tolerating it well. I disagree with her on just about everything but do hope she beats this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

That saying "home is where the heart is" is true. Anna's husband and kids are in Kansas. It's where her life is. It's where she lives her life with her family. Comparing Kansas to Washington as some sort of life's disappointment is kind of out there. People live away from where they grew up and their parents/siblings live all the time, and not always is someplace more naturally beautiful or superficial. For all the things the Maxwells do that make a head spin, Anna living with her husband and children somplace other than where she grew up is not really relevant to anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Botkinetti
8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

We may only be seeing a brave face from Anna about all this because it’s the face she’s choosing to share publicly on the blog. I’m guessing she may have some darker/less positive moments too. 

Chris and Anna’s kids do get to see their non-Maxwell grandparents although I’m guessing it’s not often. 

My sister survived 2 types of cancer. She showed her cheerful and brave face to most of the world. I got her times of being so scared she could barely catch her breath, intense anger at having to go through everything and sorrow about what her kids were having to live with. I’m glad I was there for her.

I truly cannot imagine the toll  it would take on anyone to have to be endlessly calm and accepting and never reveal any doubts  . I so hope Anna has someone around to listen to her and allow her room to express anything she is feeling.

  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 14

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
petrushka
2 hours ago, redsmomma29 said:

One more thought, the Anna3 apartment situation may be the beginning of a massive crack of this families beliefs,  I think they have glossed over some other small cracks, but this one might do it....at least it is fun to watch and speculate about!!

If it is the beginning of a massive crack, we'll never hear about it, unfortunately.  Fundies are not much given to candor or self reflection. Steve will never admit to error in his methods.  Jesse and Anna3 will simply fade from view as have Joseph and Elissa. I think the newlyweds are still very much in the fundie world if they are attending Countryside Baptist Church.  I'd bet money that  Jesse got to know more people while John courted Chelsy--lots of young people who were lively (as much as fundies can be, lol) and seemingly having a good time together.  He may have started silently questioning Steve's isolating behavior.  Maybe his new in-laws are fundie but less weird about friendships. At any rate, Jesse has taken a few steps out of the borg and that is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nausicaa
14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

Will Jesse and 3nna make it to the annual OCC Christmas in July breakfast fundraiser put on by the Spinsters and the nieces this Sat?  

Neither Steve nor Teri have ever referred to their unmarried daughters this way, so why do you? 

I am failing to understand how this works as an anti-Steve joke. It seems you're just making fun of and looking down on three women for not being married. Odd to find on a feminist-leaning forum. 

  • Upvote 6
  • WTF 4
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH
19 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

Neither Steve nor Teri have ever referred to their unmarried daughters this way, so why do you? 

I am failing to understand how this works as an anti-Steve joke. It seems you're just making fun of and looking down on three women for not being married. Odd to find on a feminist-leaning forum. 

Not making fun of or looking down on them.  In the last thread title they were called the Spinsters and nobody complained.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
3 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Not making fun of or looking down on them.  In the last thread title they were called the Spinsters and nobody complained.

Yep. Maybe the title should have more appropriately been named, “Steve’s Spinsters.” Being single is nothing to be ashamed of if that is YOUR, adult choice. It’s quite another thing when you are of legal age and of sound mind and body, and your DAD is determining your marital status.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
55 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Not making fun of or looking down on them.  In the last thread title they were called the Spinsters and nobody complained.

Idk what was intended by the title thread, but I'd assumed it was tongue in cheek which I didn't have an issue with.

Using it pejoratively in conversation is different to me.  If they are remaining single due to their parents controlling and abusive methods why are they the ones being mocked?  And if they are single due to their own choice that's nothing to mock either.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

This is Macdonald Carey, and I approve of this thread title.

Spoiler

 

I was months behind on the Maxwells, and have finally caught up. Silly me, I thought I'd be the last to look at Jesse's wedding pictures. :laughing-rofl:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug
4 hours ago, fundiefan said:

That saying "home is where the heart is" is true. Anna's husband and kids are in Kansas. It's where her life is. It's where she lives her life with her family. Comparing Kansas to Washington as some sort of life's disappointment is kind of out there. People live away from where they grew up and their parents/siblings live all the time, and not always is someplace more naturally beautiful or superficial. For all the things the Maxwells do that make a head spin, Anna living with her husband and children somplace other than where she grew up is not really relevant to anything.

As someone who’s only got to visit the coasts and the mountains, it is relevant to me and my thoughts about AnnaMM and The Maxwells.  Mileages vary, of course. AnnaMM would be happy anywhere her hubs and kids are, of course! Would be nice IMHO if that were also someplace stunningly beautiful. 

31 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

This is Macdonald Carey, and I approve of this thread title.

  Hide contents

 

I was months behind on the Maxwells, and have finally caught up. Silly me, I thought I'd be the last to look at Jesse's wedding pictures. :laughing-rofl:

 

Thank you!  Ahh, that took me right back to some happy times. ❤️

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
nausicaa
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, SPHASH said:

Not making fun of or looking down on them.  In the last thread title they were called the Spinsters and nobody complained.

That thread title did bother me. But I was speaking to your use of it right now.

Of course you are mocking them. None of your other nicknames refer to neutral attributes ("Amish Anna," "Scary Mary"). So it's clear you think "Spinster" is something to be embarrased of. 

I wish we could just stop with the Maxwell nicknames altogether. They aren't particularly witty or trenchant, and they just come off as mean-spirited most of the time. 

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Yep. Maybe the title should have more appropriately been named, “Steve’s Spinsters.” Being single is nothing to be ashamed of if that is YOUR, adult choice. It’s quite another thing when you are of legal age and of sound mind and body, and your DAD is determining your marital status.

But then why not give Steve the disparaging nickname like "Cockblocking Steve" or something? (But as I said above, I'd prefer to just dispense with the nicknames altogether.)

If it's a case of the daughters being the victims of their controlling father, why are they the ones saddled with a disparaging nickname? If it's their choice, why are we making fun of women for being unmarried?

It also bothers me to group three daughters together as a homogeneous borg. No one referred to the unmarried sons collectively this way. 

Just my two cents. It looks like I'm in the minority here. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 13
  • WTF 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell

I feel bad that she has to share all of this. I am also, weirdly happy for baby Simon that he gets some Mommy and Me time, too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
43 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I wish we could just stop with the Maxwell nicknames altogether. They aren't particularly witty or trenchant, and they just come off as mean-spirited most of the time. 

I agree - and every time I read one I think of Trump as it so similar to what he does.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Tatar-tot
Posted (edited)

Agreed - my relative got 10 years after the best medical treatment in the world. Brain Cancer is just HORRIBLE. 
 

You can live without a boob.  You cannot live without a brain.

Edited by Tatar-tot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hane

I am cool with the elimination of all pejorative nicknames for the three Maxwell sisters, but I refuse to stop calling their father a Stevehovah.

  • Upvote 9
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
3 minutes ago, Hane said:

I am cool with the elimination of all pejorative nicknames for the three Maxwell sisters, but I refuse to stop calling their father a Stevehovah.

He's earned that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug

How about AnnaM for the sister born  Anna Maxwell,

AnnaMM for Anna Marie Maxwell,

AnnaCM for Anna Craig Maxwell (since I remember her maiden name but not AnnaMM’s)?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Hane
14 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

How about AnnaM for the sister born  Anna Maxwell,

AnnaMM for Anna Marie Maxwell,

AnnaCM for Anna Craig Maxwell (since I remember her maiden name but not AnnaMM’s)?

What did the bandleader name his daughters?

Anna one, Anna two, Anna three!

I’ll see myself out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
HerNameIsBuffy
16 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

How about AnnaM for the sister born  Anna Maxwell,

AnnaMM for Anna Marie Maxwell,

AnnaCM for Anna Craig Maxwell (since I remember her maiden name but not AnnaMM’s)?

I think whatever people use it's pretty easy to infer context from what's being discussed, clarifying when not.

1 minute ago, Hane said:

What did the bandleader name his daughters?

Anna one, Anna two, Anna three!

I’ll see myself out.

I totally heard that in Fred Armiston's Lawrence Welk impression on SNL.

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Giraffe
1 hour ago, IReallyAmHopewell said:

I am also, weirdly happy for baby Simon that he gets some Mommy and Me time, too.

I’ve thought the same. Sometimes I wonder if these fundies are ever disappointed not getting much one on one time with their kids once they hit a certain number. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Don'tlikekoolaid
4 hours ago, nausicaa said:

Neither Steve nor Teri have ever referred to their unmarried daughters this way, so why do you? 

I am failing to understand how this works as an anti-Steve joke. It seems you're just making fun of and looking down on three women for not being married. Odd to find on a feminist-leaning forum. 

The license for my first marriage listed me as a spinster, at 18 years old, pissed me off big time.  I don’t know if it’s still this way, but it was the legal term way back then.  I hope they’ve changed it.

  • Upvote 5
  • WTF 4
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.