IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives

Coconut Flan

9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It’s a horrible name. I can’t believe 2 people enunciated those names together, and both agreed to use the name Axton with the last name of Maxwell. It’s a distasteful mouthful, much like taking a bite out of an unripe persimmon. 

Do we know if they pronounce it as AX - ton and not Ash ton?  I'm a firm believer that names should be spelled traditionally, a family member named her first 4 girls names that started with K.  When she had her son, she named him Knolan, the K is silent so it's pronounced with a hard N like the traditional spelling.   My maiden last name, and now married last name both have to be spelled all the time and it's a pain.  I go by the rule if you can't go into a gift shop and find a pencil or key chain with your spelling for sale, don't use that name.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It’s a horrible name. I can’t believe 2 people enunciated those names together, and both agreed to use the name Axton with the last name of Maxwell. It’s a distasteful mouthful, much like taking a bite out of an unripe persimmon. 

It really is awful. I have said this before on FJ but I think some fundies are tired of all the same biblical names. Chelsy likely knows 15 Johns, 12 Annas, 10 Rebeccas, and 13 Davids. She probably chose Axton because she hadn’t heard it 8,000 times already. I think this is why we see some really uncommon names from fundies like Axton. I think Chelsy will likely keep going with uncommon names. But to be honest, this really opens them up to a ton of possible names. I can’t really guess a name because there are tons of made up sounding names like Axton. All I can say is that I really don’t think the first names of her children will ever be common biblical names. I think those will be reserved for middle names. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

@anachronistic,  If only  people who want to visit their relatives would always quarantine themselves for two weeks before the visit!  My husband visited his parents who are both in their 80s a weekend ago.  Probably no masks and my husband doesn't believe in physical distancing.  Now he wants to go visit our daughter and her family in Mississippi.  My husband believes in herd immunity -which is fine- but herd immunity works best with vaccines.  To achieve herd immunity in the US prior to a vaccine means that several million people will die.  How in the hell is that "pro-life"?

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1

38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It really is awful. I have said this before on FJ but I think some fundies are tired of all the same biblical names. Chelsy likely knows 15 Johns, 12 Annas, 10 Rebeccas, and 13 Davids. She probably chose Axton because she hadn’t heard it 8,000 times already. I think this is why we see some really uncommon names from fundies like Axton. I think Chelsy will likely keep going with uncommon names. But to be honest, this really opens them up to a ton of possible names. I can’t really guess a name because there are tons of made up sounding names like Axton. All I can say is that I really don’t think the first names of her children will ever be common biblical names. I think those will be reserved for middle names. 

Chelsy's siblings names are a mix of Biblical and other more common names. You have Rebecca, Elizabeth and Joshua. You also have Mitchell, Carson, Hudson, Taylor, Denver, Allison and Chelsy.  She could mix it up as well, giving her sons more unusual names but keeping more traditional for girls.  I'd bet the farm Steve would not be happy if they gave a daughter a gender neutral name.  

I've already posted my guesses but if we're thinking she and John like having X names, I vote for:

Tex-Mex Maxwell!

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 11

I think we will be seeing either CreyaytyveSpellying Renee Maxwell or HorriblyClashingWithHisLastName Chelsy'sFather'sName Maxwell.

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 8

5 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Do we know if they pronounce it as AX - ton and not Ash ton?  I'm a firm believer that names should be spelled traditionally, a family member named her first 4 girls names that started with K.  When she had her son, she named him Knolan, the K is silent so it's pronounced with a hard N like the traditional spelling.   My maiden last name, and now married last name both have to be spelled all the time and it's a pain.  I go by the rule if you can't go into a gift shop and find a pencil or key chain with your spelling for sale, don't use that name.  

I don’t know how I know this, but I believe it’s pronounced AX-ton. Did Sarah or Chelsy mention it somewhere? Does anyone here remember this? 

• Upvote 2

@SPHASH @usmcmom @Ozlsn & others who have name guesses, please add them in the baby names thread in the Duggar forum. I’m keeping a list from there and will announce the ‘winners’. All in good fun. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

20 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Addison Rene for a girl 

Aidan James for a boy

Kace Marlin

or

Finley Rebecca

Come on now, admit it! No on saw "Axton" coming! These are from hip baby name lists like she must have found that one on. No one will tag these two with a "Marie" when they get married.

• Upvote 5

Interesting @Lady Grass Lake. My name never appears on personalised key chains or mugs in gift shops in this country, but I have seen it on personalised gifts in Germany and Menorca (one of the Balearic Islands bear Spain)! People always know how to spell my name though, there’s only really one spelling. (Well, I’ve seen it spelt with a K rather than a C but that’s very rare).

• Upvote 2

We sometimes had trouble finding those little personalized license plates for our girls when they were small although I didn't think any of their names were THAT unusual.  They've all been common at various points in the last century.   My oldest is named Mary.  There was only one other girl in her entire high school named Mary and they were not only classmates, but were good friends.  

I did get an email from some campaign today from a Brexton Isaacs.  

• Upvote 3

Don’t forget, Jessa Seewald chose Spurgeon for her firstborn, then went with Henry and Ivy for the next two... 

We can only make a guess at any potential name theme when a fundie parent has only one child. Two kids can be more of an indicator, but still not a guarantee of anything unless the parent says beforehand whether they’re going for a theme or not. 

• Upvote 10

39 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

We sometimes had trouble finding those little personalized license plates for our girls when they were small although I didn't think any of their names were THAT unusual.  They've all been common at various points in the last century.   My oldest is named Mary.  There was only one other girl in her entire high school named Mary and they were not only classmates, but were good friends.  

I did get an email from some campaign today from a Brexton Isaacs.  

I have a friend from college who’s name is Mary. She went to Catholic school her entire life. She was the only Mary in her class, but several of her teachers over the years were named Mary (a few were nuns). 

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Interesting @Lady Grass Lake. My name never appears on personalised key chains or mugs in gift shops in this country, but I have seen it on personalised gifts in Germany and Menorca (one of the Balearic Islands bear Spain)! People always know how to spell my name though, there’s only really one spelling. (Well, I’ve seen it spelt with a K rather than a C but that’s very rare).

My name never appears on items in gift stores either in the US, and it's not unusual at all.  I've known lots of people with my name in my life - men and women.  

Also:  I've been a teacher for a long time, so I've seen it all as far as unusual names and creative spelling go.  It makes it hard to name your own child when you associate certain names you might like  to choose with a kid with that name that you couldn't stand.  One name in particular sets me on edge.  Believe it or not, I've known way too many obnoxious kids with this particular name.  It starts with a T, and that's all I'll say !

• Upvote 6

On 6/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, SPHASH said:

missed Jesse and Anna, the newlyweds, who were on their honeymoon.  Even though I'm on the Jesse moved to OH bandwagon this statement makes me think maybe not, as if they are returning to KS.  Chelsy and John's baby is due this month time to start guessing names and gender.  I predict a girl, Rebecca Janice.  If it's a boy James Elmer.

Elmer??? Why would anyone do that to an innocent baby

also, I am going to be optimistic for a while and hope that indeed Jesse and Anna are moving to Ohio or somewhere other than Kansas. I think that the "Jesse and Anna were missing, being out on their honeymoon" was partly to throw us Meanies off the scent. 

Didn't Jesse sell his rental house and we never heard about him buying another? It's quite possible that Terri and Steve are beside themselves with grief at someone moving more than 6/10 of a mile away from the fathership and just can't bear to have it talked about right now. 

It also gives Steve a chance to figure out how to explain a son moving geographically distant from his father, and still make it sound as though the father is in complete and total control. It will be interesting to see! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7

21 minutes ago, Caroline said:

My name never appears on items in gift stores either in the US, and it's not unusual at all.  I've known lots of people with my name in my life - men and women.  

Also:  I've been a teacher for a long time, so I've seen it all as far as unusual names and creative spelling go.  It makes it hard to name your own child when you associate certain names you might like  to choose with a kid with that name that you couldn't stand.  One name in particular sets me on edge.  Believe it or not, I've known way too many obnoxious kids with this particular name.  It starts with a T, and that's all I'll say !

I can't agree more! I had one student not just ruin a name, but an entire sound! I told my husband when we were expecting our first that I could not name our kid any name that started with Br because it reminded too much of that kid!

• Upvote 4

I once saw dinosaur gifts with peoples names - the name followed by -Rex or -otops or -saurus and then a little verse. 
One of the dinosaurs was called something like nonameosaurus and the verse was along the lines of “I’m hanging my head in shame because we don’t have your name.”

I always think of that when discussions come up about unusual names and not being able to find personalised stuff. I thought it was a really nice idea. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 5

53 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Elmer??? Why would anyone do that to an innocent baby

Elmer was Chelsy's grandpa's name, the one that passed away last fall and she wrote a lovely tribute to him.  My thinking was she might name the baby after him.

• Upvote 15
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Don’t forget, Jessa Seewald chose Spurgeon for her firstborn, then went with Henry and Ivy for the next two... 

We can only make a guess at any potential name theme when a fundie parent has only one child. Two kids can be more of an indicator, but still not a guarantee of anything unless the parent says beforehand whether they’re going for a theme or not. 

I think we can all agree that JESSA Seewald did not not choose that name. Didn’t it take a week + for them to disclose the name? Yep, she was trying to talk the 20 YO zealot out of naming their first born Spurgeon. I think she gave Ben that one, and he agreed to giving her full name reign on all the Seewalds, counting on. Spurgeon was collateral damage.

• Upvote 22

1 hour ago, Caroline said:

My name is decently common, not top 100 but definitely top 250, and I always found it hit or miss on the name keychains as a kid. The nickname I go by that is very commonly associated with my full name is absolutely impossible to find though! I’m also a teacher, and you are so right on the name thing!! I have a list of names that are either off limits due to terrible experiences with kids with that name or are just too out there to ever name a child. I’m just hoping a kid doesn’t come along that has one of my favorite names, but gives me that bad association! I’ve got a few more years until I have my own and I’ve had names picked for years. 

• Upvote 6

I guess if I had to come up with names Chelsy would use, I’d go with Bryson and Everly 

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

It also gives Steve a chance to figure out how to explain a son moving geographically distant from his father, and still make it sound as though the father is in complete and total control. It will be interesting to see! 

Every time someone mentions Steve reading here I always picture him walking up to the family schedule and going "Teri it's time for me weep uncontrollably over worldly opinions and making fun of my ballsack sermon! Please come down with the Kleenex!"

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 20

I don’t think she’d choose Rebecca. That’s already her mother’s and sister’s name. She may use it as a middle name, or just use Renee. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, bluelady said:

I can't agree more! I had one student not just ruin a name, but an entire sound! I told my husband when we were expecting our first that I could not name our kid any name that started with Br because it reminded too much of that kid!

I had a similar thing happen...though it was a whole group in a really hellacious class where the biggest troublemakers all had names that started with the same letter. There were five or six names by the end of that year that I could just not stomach and I couldn't consider any other names that started with that letter just by association.

• Upvote 3

My name has never been on anything that isn't customized. 

It's not big deal & I don't think that is a litmus for what makes a "good" name. When I was a kid it bothered me, but as I grew up it just is what it is. I was teased much more about my short hair in grade school and my, um, early development, as a middle-schooler. 

• Upvote 6

15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

My name has never been on anything that isn't customized. 

It's not big deal & I don't think that is a litmus for what makes a "good" name. When I was a kid it bothered me, but as I grew up it just is what it is. I was teased much more about my short hair in grade school and my, um, early development, as a middle-schooler. 

It’s not a big deal nowadays. It’s so easy to order customized stuff online for cheap. Keychains, license plates, jewelry boxes. I hated having an extremely common name. I could always find a keychain with my name on it at a gift shop. But I never bought them because I knew it wasn’t special. I knew so many people with my name.

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I don’t think she’d choose Rebecca. That’s already her mother’s and sister’s name. She may use it as a middle name, or just use Renee. 

If she has a girl, I can almost guarantee Renee because it goes so well with so many names. That’s why it’s such a common middle name. Similar to Marie. So many names go well with Renee and Marie.

• Upvote 5

• Coconut Flan locked this topic