Jump to content
IGNORED

Maxwell 39: Like Sands Through an Hour Glass, so Are the Vests of Our Lives


Coconut Flan

Recommended Posts

Lady Grass Lake
9 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It’s a horrible name. I can’t believe 2 people enunciated those names together, and both agreed to use the name Axton with the last name of Maxwell. It’s a distasteful mouthful, much like taking a bite out of an unripe persimmon. 

Do we know if they pronounce it as AX - ton and not Ash ton?  I'm a firm believer that names should be spelled traditionally, a family member named her first 4 girls names that started with K.  When she had her son, she named him Knolan, the K is silent so it's pronounced with a hard N like the traditional spelling.   My maiden last name, and now married last name both have to be spelled all the time and it's a pain.  I go by the rule if you can't go into a gift shop and find a pencil or key chain with your spelling for sale, don't use that name.  

  • Upvote 8
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • JermajestyDuggar

    45

  • Bethy

    34

  • HerNameIsBuffy

    34

  • SassyPants

    27

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I like the name Elliott.  May Axton & Elliott grow up to perform in a Guns n Roses tribute act called Ax-El.  

I read the post by Anna and got a little choked up.   She's scared. She deals with it by praying and trying to put her trust in God, but when she says she's trying to quiet her noisy heart. 

*drumroll* Presenting... probably the most awkward sentence Sarah has ever written, and that’s saying A LOT: “Day before the wedding a run was in order along a beautiful area for we girls.”

Posted Images

JermajestyDuggar
10 hours ago, SassyPants said:

It’s a horrible name. I can’t believe 2 people enunciated those names together, and both agreed to use the name Axton with the last name of Maxwell. It’s a distasteful mouthful, much like taking a bite out of an unripe persimmon. 

It really is awful. I have said this before on FJ but I think some fundies are tired of all the same biblical names. Chelsy likely knows 15 Johns, 12 Annas, 10 Rebeccas, and 13 Davids. She probably chose Axton because she hadn’t heard it 8,000 times already. I think this is why we see some really uncommon names from fundies like Axton. I think Chelsy will likely keep going with uncommon names. But to be honest, this really opens them up to a ton of possible names. I can’t really guess a name because there are tons of made up sounding names like Axton. All I can say is that I really don’t think the first names of her children will ever be common biblical names. I think those will be reserved for middle names. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

@anachronistic,  If only  people who want to visit their relatives would always quarantine themselves for two weeks before the visit!  My husband visited his parents who are both in their 80s a weekend ago.  Probably no masks and my husband doesn't believe in physical distancing.  Now he wants to go visit our daughter and her family in Mississippi.  My husband believes in herd immunity -which is fine- but herd immunity works best with vaccines.  To achieve herd immunity in the US prior to a vaccine means that several million people will die.  How in the hell is that "pro-life"?

  • Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
petrushka
38 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

It really is awful. I have said this before on FJ but I think some fundies are tired of all the same biblical names. Chelsy likely knows 15 Johns, 12 Annas, 10 Rebeccas, and 13 Davids. She probably chose Axton because she hadn’t heard it 8,000 times already. I think this is why we see some really uncommon names from fundies like Axton. I think Chelsy will likely keep going with uncommon names. But to be honest, this really opens them up to a ton of possible names. I can’t really guess a name because there are tons of made up sounding names like Axton. All I can say is that I really don’t think the first names of her children will ever be common biblical names. I think those will be reserved for middle names. 

Chelsy's siblings names are a mix of Biblical and other more common names. You have Rebecca, Elizabeth and Joshua. You also have Mitchell, Carson, Hudson, Taylor, Denver, Allison and Chelsy.  She could mix it up as well, giving her sons more unusual names but keeping more traditional for girls.  I'd bet the farm Steve would not be happy if they gave a daughter a gender neutral name.  

I've already posted my guesses but if we're thinking she and John like having X names, I vote for:

Tex-Mex Maxwell!

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
Cora Persephona

I think we will be seeing either CreyaytyveSpellying Renee Maxwell or HorriblyClashingWithHisLastName Chelsy'sFather'sName Maxwell.

  • Upvote 12
  • Haha 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
5 hours ago, Lady Grass Lake said:

Do we know if they pronounce it as AX - ton and not Ash ton?  I'm a firm believer that names should be spelled traditionally, a family member named her first 4 girls names that started with K.  When she had her son, she named him Knolan, the K is silent so it's pronounced with a hard N like the traditional spelling.   My maiden last name, and now married last name both have to be spelled all the time and it's a pain.  I go by the rule if you can't go into a gift shop and find a pencil or key chain with your spelling for sale, don't use that name.  

I don’t know how I know this, but I believe it’s pronounced AX-ton. Did Sarah or Chelsy mention it somewhere? Does anyone here remember this? 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
justmy2cents

@SPHASH @usmcmom @Ozlsn & others who have name guesses, please add them in the baby names thread in the Duggar forum. I’m keeping a list from there and will announce the ‘winners’. All in good fun. 

  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
IReallyAmHopewell
20 hours ago, usmcmom said:

Addison Rene for a girl 

Aidan James for a boy

Kace Marlin

or

Finley Rebecca

Come on now, admit it! No on saw "Axton" coming! These are from hip baby name lists like she must have found that one on. No one will tag these two with a "Marie" when they get married.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

Interesting @Lady Grass Lake. My name never appears on personalised key chains or mugs in gift shops in this country, but I have seen it on personalised gifts in Germany and Menorca (one of the Balearic Islands bear Spain)! People always know how to spell my name though, there’s only really one spelling. (Well, I’ve seen it spelt with a K rather than a C but that’s very rare).

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
PennySycamore

We sometimes had trouble finding those little personalized license plates for our girls when they were small although I didn't think any of their names were THAT unusual.  They've all been common at various points in the last century.   My oldest is named Mary.  There was only one other girl in her entire high school named Mary and they were not only classmates, but were good friends.  

I did get an email from some campaign today from a Brexton Isaacs.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

Don’t forget, Jessa Seewald chose Spurgeon for her firstborn, then went with Henry and Ivy for the next two... 

We can only make a guess at any potential name theme when a fundie parent has only one child. Two kids can be more of an indicator, but still not a guarantee of anything unless the parent says beforehand whether they’re going for a theme or not. 

  • Upvote 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
Jana814
39 minutes ago, PennySycamore said:

We sometimes had trouble finding those little personalized license plates for our girls when they were small although I didn't think any of their names were THAT unusual.  They've all been common at various points in the last century.   My oldest is named Mary.  There was only one other girl in her entire high school named Mary and they were not only classmates, but were good friends.  

I did get an email from some campaign today from a Brexton Isaacs.  

I have a friend from college who’s name is Mary. She went to Catholic school her entire life. She was the only Mary in her class, but several of her teachers over the years were named Mary (a few were nuns). 

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Caroline
2 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

Interesting @Lady Grass Lake. My name never appears on personalised key chains or mugs in gift shops in this country, but I have seen it on personalised gifts in Germany and Menorca (one of the Balearic Islands bear Spain)! People always know how to spell my name though, there’s only really one spelling. (Well, I’ve seen it spelt with a K rather than a C but that’s very rare).

My name never appears on items in gift stores either in the US, and it's not unusual at all.  I've known lots of people with my name in my life - men and women.  

Also:  I've been a teacher for a long time, so I've seen it all as far as unusual names and creative spelling go.  It makes it hard to name your own child when you associate certain names you might like  to choose with a kid with that name that you couldn't stand.  One name in particular sets me on edge.  Believe it or not, I've known way too many obnoxious kids with this particular name.  It starts with a T, and that's all I'll say !

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
MamaJunebug
On 6/8/2020 at 7:35 PM, SPHASH said:

missed Jesse and Anna, the newlyweds, who were on their honeymoon.  Even though I'm on the Jesse moved to OH bandwagon this statement makes me think maybe not, as if they are returning to KS.  Chelsy and John's baby is due this month time to start guessing names and gender.  I predict a girl, Rebecca Janice.  If it's a boy James Elmer.

Elmer??? Why would anyone do that to an innocent baby

also, I am going to be optimistic for a while and hope that indeed Jesse and Anna are moving to Ohio or somewhere other than Kansas. I think that the "Jesse and Anna were missing, being out on their honeymoon" was partly to throw us Meanies off the scent. 

 Didn't Jesse sell his rental house and we never heard about him buying another? It's quite possible that Terri and Steve are beside themselves with grief at someone moving more than 6/10 of a mile away from the fathership and just can't bear to have it talked about right now. 

 It also gives Steve a chance to figure out how to explain a son moving geographically distant from his father, and still make it sound as though the father is in complete and total control. It will be interesting to see! 

Edited by MamaJunebug
  • Upvote 7
Link to post
Share on other sites
bluelady
21 minutes ago, Caroline said:

My name never appears on items in gift stores either in the US, and it's not unusual at all.  I've known lots of people with my name in my life - men and women.  

Also:  I've been a teacher for a long time, so I've seen it all as far as unusual names and creative spelling go.  It makes it hard to name your own child when you associate certain names you might like  to choose with a kid with that name that you couldn't stand.  One name in particular sets me on edge.  Believe it or not, I've known way too many obnoxious kids with this particular name.  It starts with a T, and that's all I'll say !

I can't agree more! I had one student not just ruin a name, but an entire sound! I told my husband when we were expecting our first that I could not name our kid any name that started with Br because it reminded too much of that kid!

  • Upvote 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
Topaz

I once saw dinosaur gifts with peoples names - the name followed by -Rex or -otops or -saurus and then a little verse. 
One of the dinosaurs was called something like nonameosaurus and the verse was along the lines of “I’m hanging my head in shame because we don’t have your name.”

I always think of that when discussions come up about unusual names and not being able to find personalised stuff. I thought it was a really nice idea. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Love 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
SPHASH
53 minutes ago, MamaJunebug said:

Elmer??? Why would anyone do that to an innocent baby

 

Elmer was Chelsy's grandpa's name, the one that passed away last fall and she wrote a lovely tribute to him.  My thinking was she might name the baby after him.

  • Upvote 15
  • Love 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
SassyPants
1 hour ago, mango_fandango said:

Don’t forget, Jessa Seewald chose Spurgeon for her firstborn, then went with Henry and Ivy for the next two... 

We can only make a guess at any potential name theme when a fundie parent has only one child. Two kids can be more of an indicator, but still not a guarantee of anything unless the parent says beforehand whether they’re going for a theme or not. 

I think we can all agree that JESSA Seewald did not not choose that name. Didn’t it take a week + for them to disclose the name? Yep, she was trying to talk the 20 YO zealot out of naming their first born Spurgeon. I think she gave Ben that one, and he agreed to giving her full name reign on all the Seewalds, counting on. Spurgeon was collateral damage.

  • Upvote 22
Link to post
Share on other sites
JanasTattooParlor
1 hour ago, Caroline said:

My name never appears on items in gift stores either in the US, and it's not unusual at all.  I've known lots of people with my name in my life - men and women.  

Also:  I've been a teacher for a long time, so I've seen it all as far as unusual names and creative spelling go.  It makes it hard to name your own child when you associate certain names you might like  to choose with a kid with that name that you couldn't stand.  One name in particular sets me on edge.  Believe it or not, I've known way too many obnoxious kids with this particular name.  It starts with a T, and that's all I'll say !

My name is decently common, not top 100 but definitely top 250, and I always found it hit or miss on the name keychains as a kid. The nickname I go by that is very commonly associated with my full name is absolutely impossible to find though! I’m also a teacher, and you are so right on the name thing!! I have a list of names that are either off limits due to terrible experiences with kids with that name or are just too out there to ever name a child. I’m just hoping a kid doesn’t come along that has one of my favorite names, but gives me that bad association! I’ve got a few more years until I have my own and I’ve had names picked for years. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar

I guess if I had to come up with names Chelsy would use, I’d go with Bryson and Everly 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
fundieundies
2 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

 It also gives Steve a chance to figure out how to explain a son moving geographically distant from his father, and still make it sound as though the father is in complete and total control. It will be interesting to see! 

Every time someone mentions Steve reading here I always picture him walking up to the family schedule and going "Teri it's time for me weep uncontrollably over worldly opinions and making fun of my ballsack sermon! Please come down with the Kleenex!"

  • Upvote 2
  • Haha 20
Link to post
Share on other sites
mango_fandango

I don’t think she’d choose Rebecca. That’s already her mother’s and sister’s name. She may use it as a middle name, or just use Renee. 

  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
Bethy
2 hours ago, bluelady said:

I can't agree more! I had one student not just ruin a name, but an entire sound! I told my husband when we were expecting our first that I could not name our kid any name that started with Br because it reminded too much of that kid!

I had a similar thing happen...though it was a whole group in a really hellacious class where the biggest troublemakers all had names that started with the same letter. There were five or six names by the end of that year that I could just not stomach and I couldn't consider any other names that started with that letter just by association.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
fundiefan

My name has never been on anything that isn't customized. 

It's not big deal & I don't think that is a litmus for what makes a "good" name. When I was a kid it bothered me, but as I grew up it just is what it is. I was teased much more about my short hair in grade school and my, um, early development, as a middle-schooler. 

  • Upvote 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
JermajestyDuggar
15 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

My name has never been on anything that isn't customized. 

It's not big deal & I don't think that is a litmus for what makes a "good" name. When I was a kid it bothered me, but as I grew up it just is what it is. I was teased much more about my short hair in grade school and my, um, early development, as a middle-schooler. 

It’s not a big deal nowadays. It’s so easy to order customized stuff online for cheap. Keychains, license plates, jewelry boxes. I hated having an extremely common name. I could always find a keychain with my name on it at a gift shop. But I never bought them because I knew it wasn’t special. I knew so many people with my name.

8 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

I don’t think she’d choose Rebecca. That’s already her mother’s and sister’s name. She may use it as a middle name, or just use Renee. 

If she has a girl, I can almost guarantee Renee because it goes so well with so many names. That’s why it’s such a common middle name. Similar to Marie. So many names go well with Renee and Marie.

  • Upvote 5
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



  • Recent Status Updates

    • Jinder Roles

      Jinder Roles

      I've somehow invested in this year's Miss Universe pageant. After watching the prelims my favorites are: 
      1. Jamaica (naturally lol but she's doing well)
      2. Haiti (love her energy) 
      3. Great Britain 
      4. Bahamas 
      5. Canada (a beauty! absolutely stunning!)
      6. Japan (adorable) 
      7. Cameroon (also adorable w/ an amazing costume) 
      8. Myanmar (seems sweet)
      9. Vietnam 
      10. Thailand 
      11. USA (I'm rooting for everybody black lol) 
      Not a fan of these but I think they'll place: South Africa, Mexico, Columbia, Venezuela, Puerto Rico, Peru, Australia, Denmark, Ireland, Dom Rep. 
      If they make Zozi (the current Ms. Universe) give the crown to a white girl from Pretoria, I will scream. 
      · 1 reply
    • WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?

      WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?  »  church_of_dog

      I just made a lovely discovery! Type a colon, then a ) without any spaces. Then type a space. 
          
      I am ridiculously happy to discover this! (I also have a nagging feeling that I should have figured this out sooner...)
      · 8 replies
    • louisa05

      louisa05

      I’ve got a pack of rude sixth graders this morning. Ugh. 
      · 3 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      Aren't I too old to forget to eat lunch?  
      So now....do eat a late salad and be cranky before bed because I want dinner and it's too late to eat or....do I tough out the afternoon cranky at my desk and eat dinner?  
      The dilemma is real.  
      · 3 replies
    • feministxtian

      feministxtian

      2nd Pfizer tomorrow!
      · 8 replies
    • Workingmom

      Workingmom

      So excited, happy. Finally I got my vaccination appointment. The first on the 26th of May , the second on my birthday.  Staying at home is no option, because I work in healthcare, with very close patientcontact. (I make mammograms). Hopefully I can relax a bit more after my vaccination and let the anxiety go.
      · 1 reply
    • choralcrusader8613

      choralcrusader8613

      I am going to scream or commit a crime. Why is Driscoll still a thing?!
      CW: misogyny, sexual gross, TMI
       
      · 4 replies
    • Maggie Mae

      Maggie Mae

      Where is the lost and found thread? I want to talk about the Wilkersons (simple living ak) but I'm not sure which thread or where to post. 
      · 5 replies
    • HerNameIsBuffy

      HerNameIsBuffy

      I bet no fundy mom every got such a touching Mother's Day tribute...

      Wishing everyone who celebrates a happy Mother's Day...and some extra love to others out there missing their mom's today, too.
       
      · 2 replies
    • Jasmar

      Jasmar

      My uncle just died from COVID. He wasn’t that much older than I am, so I kind of grew up with him. Just ten days ago my mom had been pleading with him to get vaccinated, but he wanted to wait to make sure the shots were really safe. I’m kind of devastated.
      · 6 replies
  • Recent Blog Entries

×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.