IGNORED

Gwen Shamblin Lara 13: Shut UP You Paper-Thin Chip Licker!

nelliebelle1197

I see Brandon -- any sightings of Elizabeth at the church leadership encouragement dinner?

Has she been seen at all anywhere lately?

• Upvote 5

11 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

I see Brandon -- any sightings of Elizabeth at the church leadership encouragement dinner?

Has she been seen at all anywhere lately?

Finally found her!  I'm not sure what I think of this look.  She might not be as emaciated as she was before but she still doesn't look well.

1475879516_Screenshot(1290).png.80b036eb3a1317ce46d62a7695ea7af8.png

• Thank You 7

29 minutes ago, Xan said:

Finally found her!  I'm not sure what I think of this look.  She might not be as emaciated as she was before but she still doesn't look well.

Yikes she is so pale, including her hands (I was thinking it was wrong foundation at first but then saw her hands.)

considering she is fully covered, I can’t tell if she is smaller, the same or bigger.

• Upvote 4

21 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Yikes she is so pale, including her hands (I was thinking it was wrong foundation at first but then saw her hands.)

considering she is fully covered, I can’t tell if she is smaller, the same or bigger.

Her cheeks might not look as sunken as they were in the last photos I saw.  I'm just not sure.

I kind of wonder if she looks like this as some silent rebellion towards her mother -- flat hair, long and loose clothing, not much in the way of make-up except for the dark lipstick.  (Gwen does a lot of eye make-up and uses lighter lipsticks.)  She dresses matronly while Gwen dresses like she thinks she's 25.  I can't figure out if this drives Gwen crazy or if Gwen suggests Elizabeth dress this way so Gwen, by contrast, looks better.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 9

2 hours ago, SpecialAgentCookieCrisp said:

In the Joe and Gwen video, at the graduation party she says "this is a hand selected, groomed by God, group of people".  No Gwen, those kids are victims, hand selected by their parents to be cult members. And since I'm obviously not one of the chosen few, I better start working on my heat tolerance. It appears my ever after will be hot  

Not a mask to be seen and the doctor is in several of those events. He's a moron apparently. And Joe should stop waving his hand in the air like he's holy. He's not practicing it enough in front of the mirror so that it'll look right. 

They VERY much believe that, or at least our friends/family in RF believe that. We have family who have told us that they believe God has already decided who will hear the "truth" and those who just don't get it simply weren't chosen by God... not that it's a rare viewpoint, but it is a sad one.

• Upvote 5

New here, never posted, and still reading all the back threads!  Only on 5!  

I just want to say going through a divorce because of this evil place. I won’t even call it a church!!! I don’t want to share much of my details because I fear those reading this will get it back to my stbx and I have enough on my plate. I am curious about any legal cases from others who have divorced because of this evil place that you could send me or post here. Not the Smith case, but those who rf (I can’t even us capitals for them) don’t want us to see because it would help us keep our kids safe from this evil. In thread 5 there is a gold mine case!  Praise God!  Any others you guys know of?  Any of you who have gotten out and set free from this place have advice how to fight them legally?  

I have grown to love you all so much! So so so glad I found FJ (they get a capital) and this thread. People who get the crazy over there. ??‍♀️??‍♀️??‍♀️

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 14

The latest "daily" devotional was on the 13th but please enjoy this beige visual: Screenshot_20200817-183656.thumb.jpg.57a76af6b3a38cd9a75721735ef1b310.jpg Today is a good day to not love ANYTHING in this world, including your neighbour. (Jesus would differ though.)

Is Gwen living on her own calendar again? According to our friends at Google, the Jewish Days of Awe start at Rosh Hashanah, and Rosh Hashanah 2020 starts a month from now, (September 18). 

• Upvote 8

2 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

The latest "daily" devotional was on the 13th but please enjoy this beige visual: Screenshot_20200817-183656.thumb.jpg.57a76af6b3a38cd9a75721735ef1b310.jpg Today is a good day to not love ANYTHING in this world, including your neighbour. (Jesus would differ though.)

Is Gwen living on her own calendar again? According to our friends at Google, the Jewish Days of Awe start at Rosh Hashanah, and Rosh Hashanah 2020 starts a month from now, (September 18). 

Based on this.....there must not be much saying "I love you" going on within the families or congregation. And if I did have a moment where I was all warm and fuzzy about my kid or dog or husband, how should punish myself? ?

• Upvote 1
  • Love 5

On 8/4/2020 at 11:05 PM, Concerned1954 said:

I feel obligated to respond to some of the comments above.  David Shamblin is a decent and honorable man.  His only "abuse" was his inability to accept Gwen's megalomania known as Remnant Fellowship.

When Gwen wanted the divorce in October 2017 (coincidentally the same month Joe Lara became a member of Remnant, the same month Gwen hired a lawyer for Joe's child custody and child support matters, the same month Joe was working as Gwen's bodyguard, and just weeks before Joe moved into a Remnant related LLC owned house), Gwen sent David paperwork where David was originally named as the plaintiff.

Now why would Gwen do this.  First, to engage in something as radical as a divorce, Gwen had to make David look like the bad guy.  She had to justify getting a divorce.

If David had not noticed that he was the plaintiff,  Gwen would have been giving testimony with fake tears worthy of Jimmy Swaggert.  She would have talked about her devotion to her marriage until one day out of the blue her husband of forty years just dumped her.  Then she would have ended this testimony by saying something to the effect that God blessed her in the end with Joe Lara.

Having failed to make it look like David initiated the divorce, Gwen engaged in falsehoods about abuse.  No one has ever seen David hit Gwen or yell at Gwen.  Gwen might have faked abuse in front of others when David called, but David Shamblin is not a confrontational person.  The only people who believe that Gwen was abused would be mind numb RFers and of course she has her entourage to not care about the truth at all.  I suspect her kids probably listened to Gwen's BS but didn't dare stand up to her.    Of course in Gwen's mind, anyone who does not worship and adore Gwen Shamblin and her make it up as she goes religion is being abusive.  

Let's face it sometime in 2017 Gwen decided to trade the non-believer for a fake believer who said show me the money.  Fancy clothes, new car, swimming pool, movie stars as they say on the Beverly Hillbillies.   Joe was certainly a big part of Gwen's life in the month she filed for divorce.  No one can say definitively that Gwen was cheating on David cause there are no pictures and no one was in the room (well as least as far as we know).  However the circumstantial evidence suggests Gwen is an adulterer.  She did get engaged two days after the divorce decree was signed.  

What prompted me to post was the desire to protect David Shamblin's name that he was an abusive husband.  A Gwen Lie to justify her divorce and subsequent marriage to Joe Lara.  

I will co-sign on what you said about David Shamblin. He is a good man, and I’m glad he got out. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

On 8/15/2020 at 4:23 PM, Xan said:

I don't even recognize her face! Make-up and clothes look like her but the face.......

And where is Erin? I haven't been keeping up with this family so am I missing something? Or is she another one I don't recognize?

Edited by ManyGoats
  • Upvote 3

4 hours ago, RFIntrigued said:

I will co-sign on what you said about David Shamblin. He is a good man, and I’m glad he got out. 

He could be a very affable person, but in the end he made a hell of a lot of money running a company that sold disordered eating snake oil, so him being an actual good person is kind of iffy. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

God gave you this day so you should spend it being totally pure and beating all your temptations. Stop whining, it can't be that difficult not to eat for 24 hours, can it? 

Screenshot_20200818-174556.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 4

11 hours ago, ManyGoats said:

I don't even recognize her face! Make-up and clothes look like her but the face.......

And where is Erin? I haven't been keeping up with this family so am I missing something? Or is she another one I don't recognize?

She made her FB banner a newborn a month or so ago and from the comments left, it looked like a new baby? She she have a little one, or is it maybe a nephew or something?

• Upvote 6

On 8/15/2020 at 7:23 PM, Xan said:

She looks like she's going for Wednesday Addams but missed and landed on Weekend at Bernies.

I'd laugh, but it's sad. She looks near death. And not in a deliberate "fading delicately of consumption" goth way (not enough accessories or eye makeup for that) but in a "I'm starving slowly to death" way.

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4

Is there something wrong with her teeth nowadays? I saw some old photos of her in which Elizabeth had a pretty wide smile and nice white teeth showing, but most of the recent pictures have that same tight closed mouth expression.

• Upvote 4

Today's devotional is very confusing and TL;DR but bear with me as we try to follow Gwen explaining her calendar. (Hi Gwennie, did you read my posts about it? Thanks anyway, I appreciate you made the effort)

According to the Google elves, Day of Trumpets is the same as Yom Teruah or Rosh Hashanah, and in the Jewish calendar Rosh Hashanah this year falls on Sept 18-20. The Day of Atonement is the same as Yom Kippur and this year it's Sept 27-28.  I can't find if August 16th has some special meaning in the Jewish calendar. Looks like a pretty regular day here https://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.asp?tdate=8/16/2020

According to http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday3.htm   the Days of Awe are the ten days from Rosh Hashanah (Sept. 18-20) to Yom Kippur (Sept. 27-28) and then there's Sukkot on Oct 2-9. 

In Gwenland, the Days of Awe are the 40 days from August 16 to October 5th.   In Gwenland, for the first 30 days from August 16, (so, until Sept 15)  you're supposed to have one level of repentance. Then the final 10 days begin with the Day of Trumpets. So, the Day of Trumpets is day 31, or Sept 16th? Nope, in Gwenland  it's Sept 28th, which is 43 days from August 16 in my time zone. (If you're still following you will note that in the Jewish calendar Sept 28th is  Yom Kippur, the day of Atonement, which is a different feast.)  In Gwenland, the day of Atonement is 10 days from the Day of Trumpets. So, 10 days from Sept 28th, must be the 8th October, right? that would be 53 days from August 16th. Nope, in Gwenland it's October 5th. So, the 40 days of Awe are the 50 days from August 16 to October 5th. Which falls during the feast of Sukkot (feast of the Tabernacles) in the Jewish calendar. Confused yet?

IDK, maybe Gwen confused herself with the bit I bolded and counted the ten days from the trumpets to atonement twice because she mentioned them twice.

Spoiler

Days of Awe

August 19, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

We have been observing the Days of Awe since twilight, Sunday, August 16. These Days of Awe last for 40 days, and commemorate Moses re-ascending the mountain as a second chance to get the approval and the life-giving Ten Commandments and the Covenant with God. With the 40 Days of Awe, you have one level of repentance for the first 30 days, knowing that you have done wrong and listening to that Holy Spirit and looking inward. Then the final 10 days begin with the Day of Trumpets, which we will commemorate on September 28th. At the Day of Trumpets, God sounds the trumpet louder and it marks the beginning of the last 10 days leading up to the Day of Atonement, the Day of Forgiveness. This is an opportunity for the rejoining of the relationship with God, knowing that you have peace with God. The Day of Atonement is the day that Moses comes back with the answer and with the Covenant and the words for a successful marriage to God. We are to learn to be humble and not expect forgiveness, but to be appreciative of it so that there can be a great celebration on the Day of Atonement, which we will celebrate October 5th.  

During these Days of Awe, we are to be purging sin, and it goes deeper every day until this purging is so deep that you can on the final day easily do a complete fast away from anything that has been an indulgence for you. God also requires a fast from food on that final day for the healthy adults. With this type of introspection, looking inward, slowing down and thinking about exactly what God wants, I can testify that a fast is easier every year and that denial seems like nothing by that point. In fact, it is exciting to show God and show yourself that you can deny yourself and live for God alone. We welcome you to join us in this 40-day journey of purity for God!

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots/Holy_Days/Trumpets/The_History_of_the_Feast

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rosh_Hashanah

https://jewsforjesus.org/jewish-resources/jewish-holidays/rosh-hashanah

https://www.nehemiaswall.com/yom-teruah-day-shouting-became-rosh-hashanah

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yom_Kippur

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sukkot

https://www.umass.edu/orsl/resources/jewish/holidays/calendar

Academic Year 2020-2021

Jewish Year 5781

ShabbatWeekly Sabbath from Friday sunset to Saturday night

Rosh HashanahFri-Sun, Sept. 18-20, 2020

Yom KippurSun-Mon, Sept. 27-28, 2020

SukkotFri-Fri, Oct. 2-9, 2020

Shemini Atzeret / Simchat Torah  Sat-Sun, Oct. 10-11, 2020

HanukkahThurs-Fri, Dec. 10-18, 2020

PurimFri-Sat, Feb. 26-27, 2021

Passover*Sat-Sat, March 27-April 3, 2021

ShavuotSun-Mon, May 16-17, 2021

Or else she doesn't actually care about observing Jewish customs and picks the dates of celebrations based on when she can get her botox done.

• Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 7

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Today's devotional is very confusing and TL;DR but bear with me as we try to follow Gwen explaining her calendar. (Hi Gwennie, did you read my posts about it? Thanks anyway, I appreciate you made the effort)

According to the Google elves, Day of Trumpets is the same as Yom Teruah or Rosh Hashanah, and in the Jewish calendar Rosh Hashanah this year falls on Sept 18-20. The Day of Atonement is the same as Yom Kippur and this year it's Sept 27-28.  I can't find if August 16th has some special meaning in the Jewish calendar. Looks like a pretty regular day here https://www.chabad.org/calendar/view/day.asp?tdate=8/16/2020

According to http://www.jewfaq.org/holiday3.htm   the Days of Awe are the ten days from Rosh Hashanah (Sept. 18-20) to Yom Kippur (Sept. 27-28) and then there's Sukkot on Oct 2-9. 

In Gwenland, the Days of Awe are the 40 days from August 16 to October 5th.   In Gwenland, for the first 30 days from August 16, (so, until Sept 15)  you're supposed to have one level of repentance. Then the final 10 days begin with the Day of Trumpets. So, the Day of Trumpets is day 31, or Sept 16th? Nope, in Gwenland  it's Sept 28th, which is 43 days from August 16 in my time zone. (If you're still following you will note that in the Jewish calendar Sept 28th is  Yom Kippur, the day of Atonement, which is a different feast.)  In Gwenland, the day of Atonement is 10 days from the Day of Trumpets. So, 10 days from Sept 28th, must be the 8th October, right? that would be 53 days from August 16th. Nope, in Gwenland it's October 5th. So, the 40 days of Awe are the 50 days from August 16 to October 5th. Which falls during the feast of Sukkot (feast of the Tabernacles) in the Jewish calendar. Confused yet?

IDK, maybe Gwen confused herself with the bit I bolded and counted the ten days from the trumpets to atonement twice because she mentioned them twice.

Reveal hidden contents

Days of Awe

August 19, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

We have been observing the Days of Awe since twilight, Sunday, August 16. These Days of Awe last for 40 days, and commemorate Moses re-ascending the mountain as a second chance to get the approval and the life-giving Ten Commandments and the Covenant with God. With the 40 Days of Awe, you have one level of repentance for the first 30 days, knowing that you have done wrong and listening to that Holy Spirit and looking inward. Then the final 10 days begin with the Day of Trumpets, which we will commemorate on September 28th. At the Day of Trumpets, God sounds the trumpet louder and it marks the beginning of the last 10 days leading up to the Day of Atonement, the Day of Forgiveness. This is an opportunity for the rejoining of the relationship with God, knowing that you have peace with God. The Day of Atonement is the day that Moses comes back with the answer and with the Covenant and the words for a successful marriage to God. We are to learn to be humble and not expect forgiveness, but to be appreciative of it so that there can be a great celebration on the Day of Atonement, which we will celebrate October 5th.  

During these Days of Awe, we are to be purging sin, and it goes deeper every day until this purging is so deep that you can on the final day easily do a complete fast away from anything that has been an indulgence for you. God also requires a fast from food on that final day for the healthy adults. With this type of introspection, looking inward, slowing down and thinking about exactly what God wants, I can testify that a fast is easier every year and that denial seems like nothing by that point. In fact, it is exciting to show God and show yourself that you can deny yourself and live for God alone. We welcome you to join us in this 40-day journey of purity for God!

https://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Hebrew_Roots/Holy_Days/Trumpets/The_History_of_the_Feast

Or else she doesn't actually care about observing Jewish customs and picks the dates of celebrations based on when she can get her botox done.

The answer I was given when I asked about Purim (because our family tries to acknowledge the Jewish holidays as part of Biblical history, and I realized their dates were off) we were told "It's all about God! It's about the heart and not about the legalism of the world." ? I figure if you're going to use the Holy Days as one reason why you're better than everyone else, you better do them right.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

We welcome you to join us in this 40-day journey of purity for God!

Maybe they're better than everyone else because their 40 day journey of purity lasts longer than everyone else's 40 days? If Gwen fasted 40 days in the desert she'd fast for 50 days. If it was RF wandering in the desert for 40 years they'd come out in 50.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

I haven't been following Gwen much lately -- is she now saying David was abusive? Or has she been saying that since the divorce? I missed that somehow!

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Hide contents

Days of Awe

August 19, 2020

by Gwen Shamblin Lara

1 Comment

This is why Gwen sells a Remnant Calendar or atleast used to...so hard to keep up with her made up holy-days 

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 2

21 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Maybe they're better than everyone else because their 40 day journey of purity lasts longer than everyone else's 40 days? If Gwen fasted 40 days in the desert she'd fast for 50 days. If it was RF wandering in the desert for 40 years they'd come out in 50.

Some people say that the area that the Israelites were supposedly lost in for 40 years is relatively small and can be crossed on foot in two weeks. Only a Remnant cultist who is delirious from hunger could manage to be lost there for an additional 10 years ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4

I don't know whether this has ever been shared on one of the threads, but you can see what some of the church events are like here. I would love for a former member to chime in on how it felt to be pressured to be camera ready at events and to have to pretty much be the epitome of fashion. It also seems like Gwen prefers that everyone around her be happy, so that has to be exhausting as well. I also noticed that the showed the "untied leadership" making the announcement of Gwen and Joe's engagement.

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 5

Oh my ears and eyes! That music could be used to torture our enemies. Seriously, it's awful. And between the horrible music and all the bleach fumes that must be being digested(from keeping all those white clothes pure and holy), there might actually be a hostage situation taking place. 

• Upvote 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic