• Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
Coconut Flan

Boyer Sisters Part 8: Adventures in Parenting While Possibly Denying Science

Coconut Flan

Continued from here:

SolomonFundy

In Charlotte's case, choosing to avoid doing things "from a place of fear" basically just means that she's comfortable in her ignorance. 

Regarding Fritzgate: I suspect that his name is very close to Fritz, but probably isn't exactly that. She always hesitates a beat before saying out loud on Instagram stories, which I assume is just her quickly mentally checking to make sure she said the right name. 

JermajestyDuggar
5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

In Charlotte's case, choosing to avoid doing things "from a place of fear" basically just means that she's comfortable in her ignorance. 

Regarding Fritzgate: I suspect that his name is very close to Fritz, but probably isn't exactly that. She always hesitates a beat before saying out loud on Instagram stories, which I assume is just her quickly mentally checking to make sure she said the right name. 

This is why I would just use his first letter like Brigid. She calls her kids A and E. I would be constantly messing up and calling him his real name. If his name is Felix and she calls him Fritz, I would get tongue tied. 

catlady

Close or not, I like that she’s using anything other than his real name. He has no say in being part of Charlotte’s content.  I have also liked that Brigid has kept her kids’ names under wraps, too.  

Paperplate
19 hours ago, catlady said:

Close or not, I like that she’s using anything other than his real name. He has no say in being part of Charlotte’s content.  I have also liked that Brigid has kept her kids’ names under wraps, too.  

But public name or not – he basically *is* her content now, appearing in almost all of the posts she has made after he was born.

I don't really understand what not posting his first name does for his privacy. We know his last name, we know his parents' names, we have pictures... it's not like he's anonymous.

At some point Charlotte will slip up, or a commenter who knows them personally will use his real name. But even without that, it probably won't be hard to figure it out once he is older, unless they manage to keep him 100% offline apart from Charlotte's insta.

catlady

Correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t the Boyers stop shopping at Target a few years back over their restroom policy?  
if that was true, Charlotte appears to have gotten over it.  per her current insta story, she’s using their tank tops to alter some lularoe dresses:

2A1B403D-D5B8-41B4-BB21-468F52765408.png