GreyhoundFan

• Upvote 12

image.png.336d043e7097df7bee2d6628f81d6bf1.png

• Thank You 7

We are living in a rejected SNL skit.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

Murkowski issued a mild statement in support of Mattis and of course Twitler had a hissy fit.

I'm hoping in two years, he'll be sitting alone with an ankle bracelet, checking in with his parole officer.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

• Upvote 4

Just saw this from George Takei  

874A64BD-D67C-4068-AE0E-B26AE13DDAE4.thumb.jpeg.ad9aa46348e8c8df4943c8316a59a30e.jpeg

Yep.  One standard for #BunkerBitch.  Another for everyone else.  

• Upvote 11

#BunkerBitch thinks in two years he'll be in Alaska holding Nazi rallies against Senator Murkowski.

Mia Farrow clapped back at that orange fucker

I responded that his address will probably be

5880 Highway 67 South

Florence, CO 81226

That of course is the address for the Florence prison.

• Upvote 11

13 hours ago, fraurosena said:

Instead, I believe -- no, I am convinced, that he and his enablers are going to do everything in their power to thwart fair and democratic elections. The focus will be on preventing people from voting as much as possible. And I am afraid, if for nothing else, this 'Trump army' will be used to intimidate voters. 

So if Trump uses any army to intimidate voters (which is a likely scenario) what will he do next? I think it's consolidating power. Because if soldiers without insignia show up at the polls or hinder people to get there, then he will as well fake the election result. As the Repugs are obviously supporting the president no matter what there will be no opposition from them so he'll get a second term.

9 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

image.png.336d043e7097df7bee2d6628f81d6bf1.png

And why the hell wasn't this in the news once 45 got the nomination? This speaks a very clear language and I just don't get why someone who says stuff like that was even considered by the party to run for president. I think it's time for me to read the two books by Sarah Kendzior who explain exactly this. 

• Upvote 6

18 hours ago, Alisamer said:

It'll be very interesting to see what happens between an election loss and Trump leaving the White House.

Why hold elections? If you're going to lose any way, may as well just stay in situ and make them force you out.

• Upvote 2

50 minutes ago, Smash! said:

As the Repugs are obviously supporting the president no matter what there will be no opposition from them so he'll get a second term.

Wellll... yes, but there are signs that some of them at least are beginning to distance themselves (see the senate thread). There are a couple of very loud and obnoxious trumplicans, and those are the ones that will continue to support Trump the longest. But by far the most of the R politicians are simply followers and hangers on because it suits their purpose. They will turn on Trump in a heartbeat if it means saving their political hide.  So I don’t think Trump will get that second term. 
No matter how much they will be attempting to suppress voters, in the end it will barely make a dent in the inevitable results. Because there are far more people opposing Trump than there are supporters.

If anyone thinks the current upheaval is going to end anytime soon if Trump illegally seizes the election results, then they are going to be in for one hell of a surprise. 

• Upvote 6

@Smash!, I realise that my post above did not address your concerns about authoritarian rule and I want to clarify that I am not dismissing them whatsoever. Those concerns are legitimate, and Sarah Kendizor and others (whom I also follow) have been warning from the get go about what would happen. However, just because they have been pointing at the dangers and a lot of them have come to fruition, it does not mean that authoritarian rule in America is therefore a given. Things are definitely moving in that direction, and if it were up to the trumplicans, it will indeed happen. But, and this is a big but, I don't believe the American people will stand for it. They have taken much these past four years, but the way this year has turned out, I do believe that the people are very close to their breaking point.

My biggest concern is not that authoritarian rule will happen. It's what it's going to take to prevent it. Right now, there is every chance that the elections will end the movement towards authoritarianism, and my optimistic character believes that the odds that America is going to seize that chance are greater than that they won't. But I'm afraid of what the trumplican reaction will be to the loss of their dream. My hope is that after a first blustering and vociferous wave of objections, things will simply fizzle out. My fear is that the objections won't restrict themselves to vociferousness only and will be accompanied by violence.

• Upvote 7

My gosh - the DC Mayor.  (reminder - DC is technically federal property - we really need to fix this)

This is what is on the street:

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

I can't watch the video because Twitler's voice makes me ill, but the synopsis makes my head hurt:

• Disgust 5
  • WTF 5

24 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I can't watch the video because Twitler's voice makes me ill, but the synopsis makes my head hurt:

As I'm on a high right now (I got the job I applied for!) I took one for the team. Here's what he said, verbatim (awkward pauses, run on sentences and all). It's worse than the synopsis implies. It starts off innocently enough...

... [equal] justice under the law, must mean that every American receives equal treatment in every encounter with law enforcement regardless of race, color, gender or creed [and he goes off script] they have to receive fair treatment... from... law enforcement, they have to receive it we all saw what happened last week... We can't let that happen... Hopefully George is looking down right now and saying "This is a great thing that's happening for our country" this is a great day for him it's a great day for ... everybody. It's a great day for everybody this is a great, great day... in terms of... equality. [back on script again] It's really what our Constitution requires and it's what our country is all about. I just want to finish by saying to save the economy we passed several pieces of critical legislation [off script again] totalling many trillions of dollars meaning three, we're set up to do more if we want I think we should because we... uhh... we arrre... [long pause].... dominant. For many years as a ... bystander but somebody that loved government somebody that  loved this country I would watch... [awkward hand flapping] and study and see and just.... you know... when I say study I mean naturally study by watching... ... ... But if you go back China was going to catch us in 2019 and that was like a given you know they... you go back five years, six years, seven years, it was always yeah China will catch America and catch the United States and... and in 2019 and then it will become the dominant economy never happened. It's not gonna happen. We dominated them the last year and a half two years.

• Thank You 11

With all that is going on, we definitely need the satirical Alexandra Petri: "An oral history of Trump’s very necessary and real bunker inspection"

Spoiler

White House historian: The thing you have to understand about the spring of 2020 is that everyone was very worried about the bunker. Nobody knew if the president’s bunker was any good or not. The whole country was rising up and protesting in the streets, and it was all, having to do with, because of it’s the bunker. Are you going to write that down just like I said it? I feel like I flubbed it.

Secret Service agent: The thought that there are uninspected bunkers sitting out there, ready to strike, like the Yellowstone caldera — sends chills down my spine. It’s probably the greatest problem in America today, a place with very, very few other problems.

Unnamed official: The president is much too brave to ever huddle in a bunker. He knows the safest place was in the bosom of the people, for he did not consider the American people his enemy in the slightest. But maybe he might want to use the bunker for other reasons, like to fill with Bibles or if he wanted to get into beekeeping but not do it very well.

Intern: Everyone in the Secret Service was absolutely in a tizzy, not because they were concerned for the president’s safety, or because they did not know where they would be able to quickly source some creepy barricade fence things to seal the White House off from the people, but for a third reason that I am going to disclose at the end of the sentence after stringing the listener along to heighten their suspense. Oh no, I forgot to disclose it! I’m very nervous.

Secret Service agent: We had always known an inspection was coming, but we did not realize how urgent it was getting. I’d heard rumors, so I asked the president, “Sir, is it true that you are a great bunker inspector, sir?” And with his characteristic modesty, he just shrugged and said, “I thought everyone knew that.” And I said, “Sir. Sir.”

Vice President Pence: When I found out that our President, Donald J. Trump, was the world’s foremost bunker inspector, you can bet I wept tears of joy. I thanked our Creator for His wisdom in putting into a position of such power a man whose skills were so uniquely, so beautifully, so divinely suited for this important task. I am weeping now just thinking about it.

White House historian: It happened so quickly. The need was there, and he instantly rose — or, I suppose, sunk — to the occasion and saw what needed to be done. He said, take me to the bunker. I will inspect it immediately. There’s no time to be lost.

Pence: I am still weeping just thinking about it. God has truly blessed this nation with a man who was carved and molded by the Almighty for just such an hour. There shall be a time for speaking, and a time for inspecting of bunkers — and Donald Trump was formed unto that time. I hope that God looks like Donald Trump.

The Bunker: When I heard that President Trump was going to be inspecting me — I — words fail me. I had been saying, for a long time, someone has to look into this, and by “this,” I mean, myself.

Dr. Geraldine Moomin, No. 2 bunker inspector in the world: I got the call weeks ago when they were realizing how urgent it was to inspect the bunker. And I said, “I can do it, but there is someone far better who can do it in a tiny, little, short period of time (which is the best way to do it, otherwise it frightens the bunker and it can turn on you). All he has to do is to go down and take a look, and then you can be sure that bunker was inspected.”

Secret Service agent: I could not believe what I was hearing. I said, “Ma’am.”

The Bunker: It was a great inspection. So beautiful. The fastest inspection I’ve ever undergone. He just took a look and left. All during broad daylight.

Secret Service agent: And you could hear this incredible clamor, unbelievable, from the street, like hundreds of voices shouting, “Sir, inspect this bunker, sir, we don’t believe it is even possible, but if anyone can do it, it is you! We love you and we believe in you, sir!”

Pence: Some people even pushed over a couple of barriers, I think, in their enthusiasm that this bunker had been inspected for a very short time, earlier, during the daylight.

White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany: It was a complete triumph and an act of incredible bravery, and I think you have to ask yourself why you aren’t reporting this.

Secret Service agent: (Weeping) Sir.

The Bunker: (Weeping) Sir.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

I just keep thinking - and on 9/11 and months afterward - the person on 'bunker inspection duty' wasn't the president.  Bush II gave that job to Cheney.  

• Upvote 2

Interesting list to show the crazy that is Twitler: "The topics Trump addressed during his Rose Garden speech"

Spoiler

For nearly an hour on Friday morning, President Trump and several members of his administration appeared in the White House Rose Garden to speak to reporters. The event was apparently predicated on the May jobs numbers, which were unexpectedly strong — but Trump spent very little time focused on that point.

He came prepared with talking points, which he referred to only sporadically. The thrust of those comments was clear: he was to talk about how vulnerable areas needed to be tended to, which would transition into comments about black Americans and racial justice. He’d then note that the economy was affected by the coronavirus pandemic and how the administration had addressed that, yielding the new jobs numbers. Then at the end, a comment about how the country had united in the moment.

That’s not how things played out.

Here’s what Trump talked about, in rough chronological order. Below, you can track his train of thought as it hopscotches between subjects, with those subjects being read from his prepared remarks indicated with yellow highlighting (GF note: Because I couldn't highlight here, I underlined instead). We hasten to note that none of this is made up:

• That it was a big day for the country
  • That the economy was the best in the history of the world (which is false)
  • A coronavirus vaccine (“you’re going to have some very positive surprises”)
  • Therapeutics and cures for the coronavirus
  • Transportation and logistics on distributing a vaccine
  • The four or maybe seven or eight companies working on vaccines
  • The country reopening, which is “what these [jobs] numbers are all about”
  • That some states remain closed, like New York
  • That he hopes New York calls out the National Guard
  • The deployment of the Guard in Minnesota
  • Minneapolis is a great city
  • Police ran from a precinct in Minneapolis, which is the Democratic mayor’s fault
  • The jobs numbers are a “tremendous tribute to equality”
  • Before the “China plague … floated in,” jobs numbers were the best in “almost every category”
  • That the most people in the history of the country had been working
  • That only “bad policy” can stop the economy — “left wing, bad policies of raising taxes, Green New Deals”
  • That the economy was being held back by the “possibility” that the above policies could be enacted
  • The “ridiculous” Green New Deal
  • That he’s a big environmentalist
  • That we have the cleanest air and water we’ve ever had (which is false)
  • It would be impossible to do the Green New Deal, which is like “baby talk”
  • The hard decision of stopping people “very early on” from coming from China which “nobody” wanted him to make
  • His “enemies” saying that the closure was “extremely important”
  • "Empty cupboards”
  • Ventilators, though, in the interest of accurately conveying how Trump raised the subject: “We went into a ventilator period that the likes of which nobody’s seen since the Second World War. We mobilized.”
  • The scale of coronavirus testing
  • That when you do more tests, you have more cases (which is misleading)
  • What experts predicted about the jobs numbers
  • That we’ll get back to the greatest economy in the world
  • How the economy will be in August (very good), July (very good), September (maybe spectacular), October (spectacular)
  • That closing down the country saved possibly 2 million or 2.5 million lives — at least 1 million
  • How Brazil and Sweden fared by comparison
  • European infection rates thanks to the “gift from China”
  • That the virus emerged in China but didn’t spread there (then implying that China intentionally contained the virus but let it spread to other countries)
  • The “great” trade deal with China
  • This unclear subject: “We built a tremendous thing, a tremendous power platform. So when it got ill, when we had a problem, we were able to cut it off”
  • The shape of the economic recovery which is “better than a V,” it’s “a rocket ship”
  • The expectations of the “great geniuses” on TV about the jobs numbers
  • That Warren Buffett shouldn’t have sold airline stock
  • What people said on TV when the jobs report was published
  • That this was “probably the greatest miscalculation in the history of business shows”
  • That the jobs numbers don’t include New York and California
  • How good Florida’s economy is
  • That the press corps was sitting closer together, which he liked (the White House set up the chairs)
  • That the damage to the economy was like a hurricane hit
  • The closure of the economy was “artificial”
  • That his administration had “made every decision correctly”
  • What it’s like after a hurricane hits
  • Places that have had hurricanes hit
  • That he won’t use the “D word” (depression)
  • How long it took to recover from the Great Depression
  • How the stock markets have fared
  • That we’ve made progress on both the protests and the pandemic
  • That if the “wrong people get in here,” your 401(k) will go down
  • That the pandemic killed more people than the Sept. 11 attacks or Pearl Harbor
  • The spread of the virus internationally
  • How the world is faring
  • Various people he watched on TV reacting to the jobs data
  • How he’d focus on vulnerable areas as the economy came back
  • That no one had ever done more for black Americans than he had
  • How historically black colleges and universities used to ask for funding each year until he granted multiyear funding
  • That HBCU leaders said “the past administration did nothing for us”
  • Opportunity zones
  • Some governors need help
  • The military (fantastic) and the National Guard again (also fantastic)
  • The Secret Service
  • What he saw on television
  • That some governors are too proud
  • Violence and looting in New York, which he suggested is ongoing
  • What equal justice under the law looks like
  • That George Floyd was hopefully “looking down” and saying this was “a great day”
  • Legislation passed to address the pandemic
  • How he used to “watch and study” because he loved governments and the country
  • Predictions about China becoming the dominant economy
  • How China paid tariffs (most were paid by Americans) some of which he then gave to farmers
  • The trade deficit with China
  • How past American leaders were stupid in how they dealt with China
  • What the government delivered to address the pandemic
  • A riff about $150,000 in household income and median incomes which wasn’t clear
  • Where job growth occurred last month
  • How Obama said you’d need a magic wand to see growth in manufacturing (which he didn’t)
  • The unemployment rate
  • That today is probably “the greatest comeback in American history”
  • How Vice President Pence did during a CNBC interview Friday morning
  • How the stock market is faring
  • How many times the markets hit records during his presidency
  • His ability with numbers
  • When he thought the economic recovery would start
  • That some states haven’t reopened yet
  • That the economy was closed to save lives
  • How some people pushed him not to close the economy
  • That no one predicted the day’s job numbers
  • How to protect people moving forward
  • That schools should be open
  • That we now understand covid-19, the disease caused by the coronavirus
  • Who he thanks for working on the pandemic
  • That people told him to use admirals and generals and he did
  • Where we’re providing ventilators
  • Ventilators are hard to make
  • The mobilization was like World War II
  • The administration of Barack Obama left the “cupboards” empty
  • That he wants the blanket lockdown to end
  • That we will “stomp out” any resurgence of the virus
  • The best is yet to come (because some places are closed)
  • Airline travel is recovering
  • That he wants to drive to New York with the first lady in a recreational vehicle
  • Indiana is the RV capital
  • America has come together
  • We were in uncharted territory
  • How he was surprised when his advisers suggested the economy be closed down
  • That covid-19 is more dangerous for people with preexisting conditions
  • That being overweight is a problem (“so I say, thank goodness I’m in perfect shape”)
  • A vaccine will come “a lot sooner” than the end of the year
  • Distributing a vaccine is easy relative to how the military moves supplies
  • What changes to legislation centered on the virus would achieve
  • That he wants to get along with Democrats
  • That the great economy occurred despite political “discord”
  • The differences between Democratic and Republican policy proposals
  • How Democrats want “open borders” (which is false)
  • The records being set on immigration
  • How much wall has been built on the border with Mexico
  • How hard it was to get funding for the wall
  • The court cases filed against the wall
  • That Election Day 2016 was a great day
  • That he was open to working with Democrats even though they “did things that they should have never done”
  • How no president had done more during his presidency
  • The things he has done as president, including Veterans Choice (which was first passed by Obama)
  • The plight of veterans before he became president
  • How he got accountability at the Department of Veterans Affairs allowing the government to fire the “sadists” and “thieves” it employed

That was just his “prepared” remarks. He responded to one question, talking about how what was happening with the economy was the “greatest thing that can happen” for race relations. While letting other officials speak, he occasionally interjected other brief remarks. At one point, for example, he boasted about the number of energy jobs he’d protected by pushing for higher oil prices.

He then left without taking other questions.

• Upvote 2
  • WTF 5
  • Thank You 1

New anti-twitler ad:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

I wasn't sure where to post this, but since I'm sure it will upset twitler, I figured this thread was as good as any.

• Upvote 18

The Lincoln Project is releasing ads at breakneck speed.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

This is what I shout when I drive past both this hotel and the WH:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

This is what I shout when I drive past both this hotel and the WH:

And I'd punctuate it with a one fingered salute.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

And I'd punctuate it with a one fingered salute.

That's what I do every time I pass by anything with fuckopotamus's name on it in New Jersey or New York especially the signs for the state park which I know you will be shocked to learn is an abandoned wasteland with buildings with asbestos in it. To be fair the park was closed but it is so symbolic of the mango beast: toxic and poisoned by his touch or lack of care.

Edited by WiseGirl
Add text
  • Upvote 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic