IGNORED

Trump 46: Chief Fuckopotamus And #BunkerBitch

GreyhoundFan

2 hours ago, JMarie said:

Your body, Mr. President, actually makes insulin endogenously."

I will confess- I figured this out using context clues. There is no way that Trump knows what endogenously means. I can see him tweeting now... Jerome Adams said I was a genius!

• Haha 17

Physical evidence of neurological decompensation.  Pretty hard to ignore, whereas his psychopathology makes the psychological decompensation appear to be business as usual.

• Thank You 8

He couldn't spend a minute away from his precious Mar-a-Loco:

• Upvote 11

Fox News is covering Trump's signing of his social media bill.  He claims kids go around and steal ballots from people's mailboxes, also people print their own ballots, and that's why everyone should be voting in person.

His tan is courtesy of makeup today.  He turned his head to talk to a reporter, and you can see his white neck and white ear, and his eyes are very puffy today.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Twitler is a piece of shit: "Trump retweets a video saying ‘the only good Democrat is a dead Democrat’"

Spoiler

If there was ever a tweet tailor-made for promotion by President Trump, it might be this one: A video by an account called “Cowboys for Trump” in which the speaker begins by saying, “The only good Democrat is a dead Democrat.” The speaker quickly qualifies that he’s not speaking literally.

At precisely midnight, the president felt this was the kind of message that people needed to see. “Thank you Cowboys. See you in New Mexico!” he said in a retweet.

What lay ahead was entirely predictable. People are rightly pointing out that a president just promoted the idea of dead Democrats. Trump will have the kind of plausible deniability he craves — the guy even said he wasn’t being literal! — and the world will keep turning.

But the speaker has also made clear he wasn’t being entirely figurative. And Trump’s history with this kind of thing makes clear he knows exactly what he’s injecting into the national dialogue.

The video is actually more than a week old, having caused a stir back then. The speaker, an Otero County, N.M., commissioner named Couy Griffin, has already been disavowed by the New Mexico Republican Party, even if he was just speaking figuratively.

“The Republican Party of New Mexico wants to state for the record that any statements, whether in jest or serious about harming another individual are just plain wrong,” the party said in a tweet on May 20. The Young Republicans of New Mexico have also called for him to apologize.

Griffin initially declined to back down and claimed persecution, though he eventually said he “could’ve chosen a different verbiage, you know. I guess I need to be more careful when I choose the words that I speak.”

But his other comments indicated he’s not entirely discounting the idea of violence or dead Democrats.

In the same remarks, Griffin said that a “Plan B” after “Plan A” of winning elections would be some kind of uprising. “If we have to get shoulder-to-shoulder and create posses and stand shoulder-to-shoulder with our great sheriffs, we’ll fight you at the county lines, but we’re not letting you have our guns,” he said.

He was later asked by the Daily Beast whether protesters against coronavirus-related restrictions might resort to violence, and responded, “I’ll tell you what, partner, as far as I’m concerned, there’s not an option that’s not on the table.”

In the same interview, Griffin also suggested certain top Democrats might be executed for treason, citing Michigan Gov. Gretchen Whitmer (D) and Virginia Gov. Ralph Northam (D).

“You get to pick your poison: You either go before a firing squad, or you get the end of the rope,” Griffin said.

It’s exactly the kind of thing Trump does: He’s saying this thing, but he’s also saying that he’s not really saying this thing, and it’s your fault for misinterpreting.

But if there were any doubt that Trump was deliberately injecting this into the national dialogue, you only need to look at how many times he’s done this before.

Early in the 2016 election, Trump downplayed Russian President Vladimir Putin’s killing of journalists by saying the United States kills people, too. He would later repeatedly and conspicuously allude to the idea that he himself would kill journalists — while making sure to dismiss it.

“And then they said, you know, [Putin has] killed reporters, and I don’t like that. I’m totally against that,” Trump said. “By the way, I hate some of these people, but I’d never kill him. I hate them. No, I think — no, these people, honestly — I’ll be honest, I’ll be honest. I would never kill them. I would never do that.”

Trump then jokingly suggested he might reconsider. “Uh, let’s see. Meh?” he said. “No, I wouldn’t. I would never kill them.”

(Trump during a meeting with Putin in 2019 would seemingly return to this idea, saying “Get rid of them” about journalists he didn’t like and saying, “You don’t have this problem in Russia.”)

Later in the 2016 campaign, Trump obliquely referred to an armed uprising against Hillary Clinton’s judicial picks, saying there would be nothing you could do about them — “Although the Second Amendment people, maybe there is. I don’t know.”

In 2019 at a rally, Trump asked what could be done about immigrants crossing the border illegally, to which one rallygoer responded, “Shoot them.” Trump replied, “That’s only in the Panhandle can you get away with that statement.”

After the tragedy in Charlottesville in 2017, Trump retweeted and then deleted a video depicting a train running over a CNN reporter.

In 2019, Trump also toyed with the idea of the military, police and Bikers for Trump getting violent with Antifa. “I can tell you I have the support of the police, the support of the military, the support of the Bikers for Trump — I have the tough people, but they don’t play it tough — until they go to a certain point, and then it would be very bad, very bad.” He offered similar comments at a rally in Missouri, saying: “But they’re peaceful people, and Antifa and all — they’d better hope they stay that way. I hope they stay that way. I hope they stay that way.”

He hopes they stay that way, but he’s happy to repeatedly raise the specter of violence against people he dislikes — while clarifying that he’s not advocating it. Plenty of people will believe these musing are being exaggerated and taken out of context, but the thrust of all of them is unmistakable and consistent. It’s like that old, stereotypical mafia expression, “It’d be a shame if something happened to XYZ.”

It’s the same trick Griffin played in the video, and it’s the kind of rhetoric that, however hedged, is clearly purposeful and part of a long-running calculation.

As I wrote after the bikers comment:

The idea that anything like the scenes Trump is describing would ever happen is difficult to believe. But that’s not really the point. Musing about this kind of thing is a great way to plant a seed in certain people’s minds, and the fact that Trump keeps fertilizing that seed shouldn’t escape notice.

• Upvote 4
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 8

His nose should be growing with every word he utters:

• Upvote 3

Mayor Lightfoot is all of us:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

Interesting development, so much for the Posse Comitatus Act.  If we had a normal President, this wouldn't be as concerning, but no telling what Trump would do with this type of power ...

http://www.therepublic.com/2020/05/30/us-minneapolis-military-police/

:snippets of article:

Soldiers from Fort Bragg in North Carolina and Fort Drum in New York have been ordered to be ready to deploy within four hours if called, according to three people with direct knowledge of the orders. Soldiers in Fort Carson, in Colorado, and Fort Riley in Kansas have been told to be ready within 24 hours.

The get-ready orders were sent verbally on Friday, after President Donald Trump asked Defense Secretary Mark Esper for military options to help quell the unrest in Minneapolis after protests descended into looting and arson in some parts of the city.

The person said the military units would be deployed under the Insurrection Act of 1807, which was last used in 1992 during the riots in Los Angeles that followed the Rodney King trial.

Minnesota Governor Tim Walz ordered 500 of his National Guard troops into Minneapolis, St. Paul, and surrounding communities.  But a Pentagon spokesman said Walz did not ask for the Army to be deployed to his state.

ETA ... Update from a 2am live press conference:  MN Gov. Walz said due to situation, he may consider federal involvement.

Edited by ALM7
Update
  • Upvote 4

Late Friday night ruling by Supreme Court ...

https://www.politico.com/news/2020/05/29/supreme-court-denies-illinois-churches-lockdown-relief-290185

:Excerpt from article:

A sharply divided Supreme Court late Friday turned aside a church's urgent plea that California's coronavirus lockdown orders are putting an unconstitutional burden on religious freedom.

Chief Justice John Roberts sided with the court's liberals in rejecting a San Diego church's request for relief from Gov. Gavin Newsom's most recent directive limiting churches to 25% of their normal maximum capacity, with an absolute maximum of 100 people at any service.

• Upvote 9

(Also, do we have a thread on George Floyd’s murder and the subsequent riots? I looked in quiverfull of hate but didn’t see one.)

55030E51-C64B-488C-9AF1-6AACDBBAE56E.jpeg

• Upvote 9
  • Thank You 3

So, I guess Twitler's boss (putin) has given him some marching orders since he's inviting Russia and several other countries: "Trump postpones the annual Group of Seven meeting of world leaders until September"

Spoiler

President Trump said Saturday that he will postpone until September the annual Group of Seven meeting of world leaders, which he had wanted to hold in-person by the end of June at the White House as the administration tries to project a return to normalcy amid the coronavirus pandemic.

But German Chancellor Angela Merkel had declined Trump’s invitation to come to Washington for the meeting, citing concerns about the pandemic. Trump informed reporters of his decision to delay the gathering until the fall aboard Air Force One as he returned from Cape Canaveral, Fla., where he had viewed the successful SpaceX shuttle launch.

Trump also said he plans to invite Russia, South Korea, Australia and India. “I don’t feel that as a G-7 it properly represents what’s going on in the world. It’s a very outdated group of countries,” Trump said Saturday.

Russia had been invited to attend the sessions for several years until 2014, when Moscow was disinvited over its invasion of Crimea. Trump has repeatedly said he wanted to include Russia again, which Merkel and others vigorously opposed.

Since the other six members of the G-7 are opposed to Russia’s rejoining, it is not clear whether they would attend a meeting where Trump forced the issue.

Russia, South Korea and Australia are already part of the Group of 20, which was conceived as a larger and more inclusive gathering than the G-7, with its clubby reputation.

Trump spoke with another G-7 leader, Emmanuel Macron of France, on Saturday, and the two presidents “discussed progress on convening the G7,” according to a statement from the White House.

Macron’s office later put out a statement saying that it is important for all G-7 leaders to attend the meeting while raising the possibility he might not go if Merkel is not there.

“For a face-to-face G7, everyone must be present,” the statement read, adding that “the presence of the Chancellor and the unity of Europeans is important.”

The Trump administration had announced in March that the annual gathering of large industrial economies would take place virtually, but switched it back to an in-person meeting earlier this month.

Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe had indicated he would attend, and British Prime Minister Boris Johnson was expected to do so. Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau had not committed, citing health concerns.

“There are significant health preoccupations that we have around holding an in-person meeting,” Trudeau said Wednesday, during a news conference. “Would we then as leaders have to self-isolate when we return, which is right now the rule in Canada?”

Abe might also have had to self-isolate upon his return to Japan.

Italy’s participation was unclear.

• Upvote 5

• Haha 11

• Upvote 6

So, in other words, Twitler was himself with the Floyd family.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 8
  • WTF 4

"MAGA loves the black people" as much as the KKK loves black people.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

31 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

"MAGA loves the black people" as much as the KKK loves black people.

Yet he seems to clearly separate the folks he believes are "MAGA" from black people.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

The Orange Fuckopotomus hid out in a bunker, much like his hero...

As protesters gathered outside the White House Friday night in Washington, DC, President Donald Trump was briefly taken to the underground bunker for a period of time, according to a White House official and a law enforcement source.

The President was there for a little under an hour before being brought upstairs. It's unclear if first lady Melania Trump and Barron Trump were also taken down with him.

Trump praised the Secret Service the next day for its handling of the protests outside the White House Friday night in the wake of George Floyd's death last week in Minneapolis.

On Saturday, only hours after the protests outside the White House had ended, Trump declared himself safe as he lashed out at the city's Democratic mayor and raised the prospect of his supporters gathering in place that night in what would amount to a counter protest.

• Upvote 9

By the way looks like the hashtag #bunkerbitch is about to take off on twitter

Also BTW suggestion for Trump 47 when we get there....

Edited by 47of74
  • Upvote 13

51 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

The President was there for a little under an hour before being brought upstairs. It's unclear if first lady Melania Trump and Barron Trump were also taken down with him.

The only family member he cares about is Ivanka, so I'm guessing no. Plus, he needed room for snacks.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3

48 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Remind me when we get to page 20.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I hope the #bunkerbitch is gone before 47, it's bad enough we have had 46 threads about him.

Edited by SPHASH
Correction
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 9

• Upvote 11
  • Thank You 1

Another great anti Twitler ad:

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

14 hours ago, SPHASH said:

I hope the #bunkerbitch is gone before 47, it's bad enough we have had 46 threads about him.

We are only two pages in. By the time we hit 20, Trump will have had two or three other crises/phrases worthy of titles.

• Upvote 8

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic